AlphaOmegaSid

PS3 Games You Will Never 100% Or Platinum & Why?

426 posts in this topic

God Of War Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta... almost everyone i know have those plats, for some weird reason the hard mode is harder for me than in gow 3 and ascension

Where do I start? :hmm: 

-Mk Vs DC: Bought this when it was on sale on the PSN ($5) but wasn't aware of the online closure until it was too late 

-F.E.A.R 2: server closed

-Warhawk: But I'm thinking of doing Starhawk :hmm: (how is that even possible lol)

-MLB 09 The Show: Server closure

-Ghostbusters: The Video Game: Server closure (this was the time I got into trophy hunting and I REALLY wanted to plat this so bad. Was super pissed that the servers were closed!)

-Transformers Revenge of the Fallen: Got the game to help a friend, but didn't care for the MP. Don't know if the plat is obtainable. 

-Killzone 2 + DLC: Servers closing in March (plenty of time to get the MP done), just can't dedicate the time to knock out the MP

-Sacred 2: Fallen Angel: I could go back to doing this, just need to find a copy

-Guitar Hero 5: Wasn't my game to begin with. Let a friend played it on my PS3 years ago

-Unreal Tournament 3: Server closure (fun game to play honestly)

-Create: Server closure

-UFC Undisputed 2010: I think the server's closed

-Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2: Didn't feel like grinding that game

-Child of Eden: When I 1st played it, I though I was on a acid trip. May come back to it, but that's a stretch

-Madden 12: Server closure

-Madden 13: Server closure

-Portal 2: Didn't like the game at 1st. But now that its been years, I may go back and give it a go (hopefully, the plat's still obtainable) 

-Resistance 3: For some reason, when I booted up the game, I couldn't get past the loading screen (after playing it to a certain point), plus the install for the game took eons to delete. May give it another go whenever I'm ready for it

-Ridge Racer Unbound: Server closure (And I'm glad it did)

-Soul Calibur V: I'm going to pretend this game never existed due to me coming off from playing the hell out of Soul Calibur 3 & 4

-NBA 2K12: Server Closure

-NBA 2K13: Server Closure

-NBA 2K14: NBA Closure

-NBA 2K15: Server Closure

-NBA 2K16: Server Closure

-WWE 2K12: Server Closure

-MLB 12: The Show: Server Closure

-Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Not going to bother with it. Not that I can't do it, but that game puts me off for some reason

-Army of Two: The 40th Day: DIY mask is unobtainable. and so is the plat

-PayDay The Heist: I think the servers are closing this year, so I'm not going to try

-PayDay 2: Same as PayDay The Heist

-Madden 25: Server closure

-Diablo 3 (Vanilla): After Reaper of Souls came out, I never looked back

-Young Justice: Now I could go back and do this. Just at the time, game was glitchy as hell. I'm more than sure its been patched up by now. 

-Madden 15: Server Closure

-Dragon Ball: Battle of Z: This game confused the hell out of me when I 1st played it. Didn't know how to do moves, no nothing. I'll give it another go, but I'm leaving it alone for now

-Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed: MP's grindy as hell. Did worst Mp grinding than this; its just getting a group to do the MP is the thing

-Dragon Fin Soup: Game's not patched, so there goes the plat

-Darksiders 2: That ONE trophy is holding the game up from being platted

-Need for Speed Undercover: If the servers act right, I could've BEEN knocked this out years ago. Oh well, maybe one day I'll go back to it (And GameStop has the NERVE to still sell this game for $12! SMDH)

-Fight Night Champion: 3 trophies are unobtainable

-Madden 16: Server Closure

Plus whatever's in my digital backlog that has MP that maybe closed. 

6 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

Where do I start? :hmm: 

-Mk Vs DC: Bought this when it was on sale on the PSN ($5) but wasn't aware of the online closure until it was too late 

-F.E.A.R 2: server closed

-Warhawk: But I'm thinking of doing Starhawk :hmm: (how is that even possible lol)

-MLB 09 The Show: Server closure

-Ghostbusters: The Video Game: Server closure (this was the time I got into trophy hunting and I REALLY wanted to plat this so bad. Was super pissed that the servers were closed!)

-Transformers Revenge of the Fallen: Got the game to help a friend, but didn't care for the MP. Don't know if the plat is obtainable. 

-Killzone 2 + DLC: Servers closing in March (plenty of time to get the MP done), just can't dedicate the time to knock out the MP

-Sacred 2: Fallen Angel: I could go back to doing this, just need to find a copy

-Guitar Hero 5: Wasn't my game to begin with. Let a friend played it on my PS3 years ago

-Unreal Tournament 3: Server closure (fun game to play honestly)

-Create: Server closure

-UFC Undisputed 2010: I think the server's closed

-Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2: Didn't feel like grinding that game

-Child of Eden: When I 1st played it, I though I was on a acid trip. May come back to it, but that's a stretch

-Madden 12: Server closure

-Madden 13: Server closure

-Portal 2: Didn't like the game at 1st. But now that its been years, I may go back and give it a go (hopefully, the plat's still obtainable) 

-Resistance 3: For some reason, when I booted up the game, I couldn't get past the loading screen (after playing it to a certain point), plus the install for the game took eons to delete. May give it another go whenever I'm ready for it

-Ridge Racer Unbound: Server closure (And I'm glad it did)

-Soul Calibur V: I'm going to pretend this game never existed due to me coming off from playing the hell out of Soul Calibur 3 & 4

-NBA 2K12: Server Closure

-NBA 2K13: Server Closure

-NBA 2K14: NBA Closure

-NBA 2K15: Server Closure

-WWE 2K12: Server Closure

-MLB 12: The Show: Server Closure

-Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Not going to bother with it. Not that I can't do it, but that game puts me off for some reason

-Army of Two: The 40th Day: DIY mask is unobtainable. and so is the plat

-PayDay The Heist: I think the servers are closing this year, so I'm not going to try

-PayDay 2: Same as PayDay The Heist

-Madden 25: Server closure

-Diablo 3 (Vanilla): After Reaper of Souls came out, I never looked back

-Young Justice: Now I could go back and do this. Just at the time, game was glitchy as hell. I'm more than sure its been patched up by now. 

-Madden 15: Server Closure

-Dragon Ball: Battle of Z: This game confused the hell out of me when I 1st played it. Didn't know how to do moves, no nothing. I'll give it another go, but I'm leaving it alone for now

-Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed: MP's grindy as hell. Did worst Mp grinding than this; its just getting a group to do the MP is the thing

-Dragon Fin Soup: Game's not patched, so there goes the plat

-Darksiders 2: That ONE trophy is holding the game up from being platted

-Need for Speed Undercover: If the servers act right, I could've BEEN knocked this out years ago. Oh well, maybe one day I'll go back to it (And GameStop has the NERVE to still sell this game for $12! SMDH)

-Fight Night Champion: 3 trophies are unobtainable

-Madden 16: Server Closure

Plus whatever's in my digital backlog that has MP that maybe closed. 

You need to start boosting your games :P

Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - I messed up my first go around (300hrs. invested) and would basically have to start over from scratch. I'll probably knock out some of the other trophies, but I don't think I'll get the platinum.

1 hour ago, coquinn said:

Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - I messed up my first go around (300hrs. invested) and would basically have to start over from scratch. I'll probably knock out some of the other trophies, but I don't think I'll get the platinum.

Well thankfully you have to do three play throughs to get the platinum. I'm unfortunately still trying to get the last 10% battle trophies after hundreds of hours than they have the nerve to make the PS4 trophy list exactly the same.

The Last of Us - Grinding the Online trophies for my main account takes to long and survivor Mode is just simply hell.

Resident Evil 5 - 6: I dont understand why this one got a Online mode so again its to much of a time factor for online trophies and i also dont want to buy the dlc for 6

Final antasy X-2: The Super Boss Dungeon is just purely luck based so its to much of a risk to start it.

Star ocean 4 and maybe 3: i think that one speaks for itself xD

11 hours ago, Vadrael said:

The Last of Us - Grinding the Online trophies for my main account takes to long and survivor Mode is just simply hell.

Resident Evil 5 - 6: I dont understand why this one got a Online mode so again its to much of a time factor for online trophies and i also dont want to buy the dlc for 6

Final antasy X-2: The Super Boss Dungeon is just purely luck based so its to much of a risk to start it.

Star ocean 4 and maybe 3: i think that one speaks for itself xD

The Last of Us is quite is, beacuse of glitch. If you know you have screw up, go to main menu of Playstation 3 before ending match, by pressing PSN (middle button). If you have problems with single there is also glitch to this but my english is poor so i cant explain this to you.

For me there are few games, but the worst is just one Catherine -_- Freaking Catherine!! Drop mic.

Lord of the Rings: Conquest

007: Quantum of Solace

Fifa 11

Fifa 12

Playstation Home (Not a Plat, but still unobtainable 100%)

All unobtainable due to server closure. Luckily i didnt spend hardly any time on any of them for the plats - Only completed 21 trophies between all five.

Edited by Last-_-Judgment

From those I have already started (a lot of them weren’t even tested) I can tell that these are some I will not touch again:

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - it doesn’t have a Platinum, still one of the hardest games I started. I played the demo and it was nice and fun. After the demo levels everything became a nightmare. I blame the controls and some level designs because I spent almost 3h beating the final boss, even in the easiest final part of the battle.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Missions. I don’t need to play all of them with all characters, but it’s above my patience repeating the same thing all over again Plus my PS3 Pads are not in the best state to make combos at the precise time they ask.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - same as above

Hotline Miami 2 - I really loved the first game. They added new characters with different skills and some of them are terrible. Instead using narrow sections like the first game, they raised it. This makes some sections really frustrating, being killed by someone out of the frame. Plus, 50k kills... hahaha again, my patience has limits.

Payday 2- A lot of online trophies, the game is rather confusing to me and I'm not sure what to do at all lol

Homefront- Server Closure

Mortal Kombat- This just seems like too much work

Borderlands 2- A lot of grinding and again, I don't totally get the mechanics of the game.. probably could if I tried but 

Killzone- I'm about halfway through my first playthrough and this game just bores me to death.. I'll probably do it eventually but who knows

Of my current list. I have a huge backlog of stuff that will probably also contain plats I'll never get. My current list is a little misleading, becaue I had to start over my account when I got the PS4, so I focused on PS3 games I could probably plat first when replaying them.

All of the Batman Arkham games - even though I love those games, it's impossible for me to beat all the fighting challanges :(

Killer is Dead - See below

Asuras Wrath - I just suck at this kind of game, I can never get S rank challanges on hard difficulties

Dead Nation - I feel like if I don't get a partner who's really good at this game I will never make it

Crisis 2 - the 1% will forever mock me because I suck at shooters and only realised it after the tutorial trophy popped

Bioshock Infinite - I think I could probably do it, but I just don't like the game...

Red Dead Redemption - I doubt I will get motivated enough to finish it 100% but time will tell

Edited by NanaCheese94

Ghostbusters..stupid servers closing, when the game creators will understand that no one need online trophies, multiplayer should be a bonus. I personally have enought of boosting, hacking turents like in bioshock 2 etc

Edited by DarthDeathscythe

Skate 2 (USK) - due to server closings
Skate 2 (PEGI) - due to server closings
Worms Ultimate Mayhem - due to a rare platinum bug
Midnight Club: Los Angeles - due to server closings (didn't start the game yet, but I eventually will, just because it's a R* game)

Edited by BigBossImBeamer

Star Ocean The Last Hope International - The battle trophies in game is what kills it for me. Have to kill things with 4 HP, 7777 damage. Plus it doesn't help that I'm not too big on getting platinums as much as I used to lol

Street Fighter IV - The missions are way too hard!

Honestly %90 of my collection, too many games.

On 1/7/2018 at 4:51 PM, alanhoutman2 said:

Max Payne 3 -------> 60 hours of boring grinding. NO thanks.

Where'd you get that number from?  THE MP trophies don't take 60 hours to do. 

On 1/7/2018 at 7:10 PM, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Dantie inferno: i just suck at it and i think mp service is dead ( unsure if needed)

MP is not needed for Plat

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2: MP trophies and the higher difficulty trophies. so it will be staying at 35%

Split Second: fun racing game but the rubber band effect is atrocious so it is stuck at 15%

Bionic Commando Rearmed: No plat but Super Hard Mode and the Challenge rooms prevent me from 100%

Red Dead Redemption: This game is on my list only because i bought the disc edition of Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare.

Batman Arkham Asylum: Combat challenges, i am just not good enough to get the high scores on those.

Batman Arkham City: same as Asylum

Star Ocean 4: doubt i would get all the battle trophies but i could probably do everything else.

I have several not at 100% because i wont buy the "dlc" but they were not needed anyway.

AlphaOmegaSid are you on youtube? your name is very similar AlphaOmegaSin   

Edited by DarkHarmonixer

On 11/01/2018 at 1:23 AM, AlphaOmegaSid said:
  •  Lava_Yuki: Very nice, a Final Fantasy and Lightning Fan. This might sound weird, but “I LOVE YOU”, please, do not report me, thanks. How are those “Tales” games, are they fun RPGs? I do not mind the long grind if an RPG is enjoyable. I have almost 660 in-game hours on my save for Final Fantasy XII: Lightning Returns.

Aw thank you! It's nice to find another RPG and FF fan! Tales are great action RPG's, especially if you like games like Kingdom Hearts. I discovered Tales by pure chance when I just strolled into HMV one day looking for a new game to play after finishing all my FF games, and I saw Tales of Graces F Day one edition that no one had bought in the discount section and fell in love with the series from there. They are anime style with a huge focus on characters, so fans tend to really obsess about the characters and the series heavily markets character merchandise. 

Battle system is great, basically action rpg, puts a lot of emphasis on stringing huge combos (usually trophies for it, 100 up to like 999 combo hit etc) and each game has it's own little unique quirks and mechanics. Best for battle system would be Graces F, Xillia 1&2, Berseria and Hearts R imo.

The story is generally very good, some better than others. The cream of the crop among fans are definitely Abyss, Symphonia and Vesperia. Xillia 2 is good too, but you'd need to play 1 to understand it better. 

Zestiria is the only one that really sucked all round for battles, story and characters with over 2000 one star reviews on Amazon, so I wouldn't recommend that one unless you are curious. 

Other uniques points of the Tales series are "skits" (mini 30 sec comedic chats among the party), cooking and recipe gathering, a post game dungeon, cameo characters from other Tales games, New Game Plus where you can spend points called grade to get bonuses like x2 or x4 exp etc., a huge number of character outfits (some in game but mostly DLC these days) and the infamous onsen (hot spring) sub event. 

Trophy wise, it hugely varies. There's the likes of Symphonia, Vesperia, Berseria and Xillia 2 that are relatively grindy and take 100+ hours, and then there is super short and easy ones like Hearts R, Innocence R and Xillia 1 that take 50 hours. 

5 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Aw thank you! It's nice to find another RPG and FF fan! Tales are great action RPG's, especially if you like games like Kingdom Hearts. I discovered Tales by pure chance when I just strolled into HMV one day looking for a new game to play after finishing all my FF games, and I saw Tales of Graces F Day one edition that no one had bought in the discount section and fell in love with the series from there. They are anime style with a huge focus on characters, so fans tend to really obsess about the characters and the series heavily markets character merchandise. 

Battle system is great, basically action rpg, puts a lot of emphasis on stringing huge combos (usually trophies for it, 100 up to like 999 combo hit etc) and each game has it's own little unique quirks and mechanics. Best for battle system would be Graces F, Xillia 1&2, Berseria and Hearts R imo.

The story is generally very good, some better than others. The cream of the crop among fans are definitely Abyss, Symphonia and Vesperia. Xillia 2 is good too, but you'd need to play 1 to understand it better. 

Zestiria is the only one that really sucked all round for battles, story and characters with over 2000 one star reviews on Amazon, so I wouldn't recommend that one unless you are curious. 

Other uniques points of the Tales series are "skits" (mini 30 sec comedic chats among the party), cooking and recipe gathering, a post game dungeon, cameo characters from other Tales games, New Game Plus where you can spend points called grade to get bonuses like x2 or x4 exp etc., a huge number of character outfits (some in game but mostly DLC these days) and the infamous onsen (hot spring) sub event. 

Trophy wise, it hugely varies. There's the likes of Symphonia, Vesperia, Berseria and Xillia 2 that are relatively grindy and take 100+ hours, and then there is super short and easy ones like Hearts R, Innocence R and Xillia 1 that take 50 hours. 

Too bad we never got Tales of Destiny DC over here in the states.