AlphaOmegaSid

PS3 Games You Will Never Platinum & Why?

367 posts in this topic

Max Payne 3 -------> 60 hours of boring grinding. NO thanks.

Fifa 13 ------> Servers Closed

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 -----> Glitched Trophy

Grand Theft Auto V ------> Glitched Trophy

Need for Speed: The Run -----> Glitched Trophy

Probably Killzone 2 & 3 ------> Servers closure on 31 march 2018.

So unfortunate all those PS3 games with server closures and glitched trophies. 😓

18 minutes ago, AlphaOmegaSid said:

1f600.png Interested to know, please post, I am sure others would love to read too. 1f600.png

Going down in 'ABC' order from my PSNProfiles Trophy List.............

• F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin -------> Missing all 19 Online Trophies needed for the Platinum because the GameSpy Servers closed for good. I got all the story/single player Trophies in 2009. Also, I do not like playing online for games, just care about the main story plot and its Trophies.
  • Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe -------> Missing 24 Trophies needed for the Platinum. I am the worst player in the whole history of the Fighting game genre. Plus, I have no patience in learning combos and things related. All 24 Trophies that I am missing are combo based, no chance for me to ever earn the Platinum.
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 -------> First off, I can replay a long game only 2-3 times before I get bored with it and never play the main game again. You have to play-through NGS2's already unforgiving story numerous times for the 'Difficulty' Trophies. Then, there are those nearly impossible Team Missions, which made me very irate that I gave up on them.
  • Street Fighter IV -------> Missing 6 Trophies needed for the Platinum. Again, I am horrible at Fighting games, and have no patience to play them. It is impossible for me to earn all the Titles and Icons. Getting Gold on on all the Challenges/Trials, especially with combos is not doable for me.
  • WipeOut HD -------> Missing only 2 Trophies for the Platinum, "Beat Zico" and "Elite Campaign Legend". I got this game for free from Sony when that "hacking" incident happened, and is my first/last WipeOut game. Though I love the Racing genre, I had many difficulties on this game. I had trouble with the advanced controls and doing barrel rolls, had no patience for the harsh controls. 

1f60e.png~~~Now, it is your turn to share, fellow gamers.Thanks in advance for posting.~~~1f60e.png

Fortunately all my games are still doable so i am lucky to be able to finish all of them! Sorry for disappointing x) 

Call me optimistic (I'm looking at you, Project CARS Community Ambassador), but here's my list:

17 minutes ago, alanhoutman2 said:

Max Payne 3 -------> 60 hours of boring grinding. NO thanks.

Fifa 13 ------> Servers Closed

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 -----> Glitched Trophy

Grand Theft Auto V ------> Glitched Trophy

Need for Speed: The Run -----> Glitched Trophy

Probably Killzone 2 & 3 ------> Servers closure on 31 march 2018.

So unfortunate all those PS3 games with server closures and glitched trophies. 1f613.png

Killzone 3 is really easy to knock out the online trophies. Killzone 2 is less so but still doable. You got this!

MAG: servers closed - 

White Knight Chronicals 2: although obtainable.... Thats 2,000 hours i can spend eles were. 

Resistance 2: loved the games mp! Played the hell outa it...on a friends account.. Sadly servers are dead.

Dantie inferno: i just suck at it and i think mp service is dead ( unsure if needed)

Street fighter v tekken: see below

Marvel v capcom 3 : see below

Injustice: gods among us: im utter piss at fighting games anymore. So the 100-500 mp games needed. Yea nope

Im sure there's a few more * dbz: battle of z* but cant think of em

GTA IV & GTA V. Too time consuming, and I've always found the online for both games confusing

If I had to choose PS3 games that I will never Platinum even if I wanted to/that I would love to do but won't, here is my list :

- WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2011 and WWE'12 : Because the online is dead.

- Mortal Kombat : Just because of the stupid "my kung fu is stronger trophy". There is no way I'm going to risk my PS3 to die for this stupid trophy.

- Portal 2 : Fantastic game but the Platinum became unobtainable recently...

- Tales Of Graces f, Xillia and Xillia 2 : Fun games but I don't want to do a stupid grind for no reason considering these games are far from being my favourite "Tales of" games. 

- Rayman Legends : I loved Rayman Origins but I didn't really like this sequel. The online trophies just killed my interest for this game.

- Call Of Duty World at War : My first CoD and still one of my favourite but since I really like 100%ing the games I platinum I'll skip this once because I don't want to spend 30€ for two DLC for such an old game. On top of that, the game is full of cheaters and I can't find the game at a reasonable price.

- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood : I lost my save and there is no way I'm doing all of the MP again.

- Dead Space 1, Dead Space 2 and Dead Space Extraction : I really liked these games but I can't find a version of DS2 that contains DS Extraction and I'm not going to buy DS Ignition just to be able to buy DS Extraction. So since I'm not supporting greedy developpers I'll skip DS1 too.

- Read Dead Redemption : I like obtaining 100% with my plats but the 100% for this game is just stupidly "hard" and boring for no reason and the online servers are hacked so I'm not wasting my time with this game.

Every other PS3 games that I own and that are not on this list is because I didn't enjoy them that much so I wouldn't like having their plat or because I'm planning on doing them again to reach their Plat / 100%.

Edited by itachi-destroyer

Oooofffttt, where do I start?! 😂

Street Fighter IV - can't get all the titles and icons, can't do a lot of the combos for each character, didn't do the 500 MP matches, and sold the game anyway 😂

Super Street Fighter IV - can't get all the titles and icons, can't do a lot of the combos for each character, can't be bothered ranking up 33/35 characters to Rank C

Street Fighter X Tekken - Missions 19 and 20 are proving to be the death of me.  Just cannot beat them.

Injustice - will never complete Battle Mode, and can't be bothered grinding to level 100

Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate - having trouble finishing the Tutorial and Combo Challenge.  Probably shouldn't be all that difficult, but they are for me!

Bulletstorm - closed servers

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift - closed servers

Metal Gear Solid 2 - no way I'll ever beat Extreme Mode, or the VR sniping missions where you have to protect a target against the guards

6 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

- Beyond Two Souls : The game was good but not as good as Heavy Rain so I don't have to do a lot of playthrough for this game.

Great game..

But getting all the endings in 1 go... Nearly gave me an anurisim 😥

Literally all of mine, except maybe like 1 or 2 years down the track.

Why? Because if I haven't finished them already, I was never intending to. Plus I use my PS3 pretty much exclusively as a PS2.

Which Games I Never Platinum? Probably All because I like playing games not the trophy count :). Plus I got to the PS3 very, very late so I might not platinum all at all xD

Medal of Honor Warfighter - MP trophys needs a lot of grinding and game is pretty much dead no one plays it, too bad because I pretty much liked it.
Call of Duty: Ghosts - No team to get all extinction trophys and I suck at that mode.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II - It's unobtainable, I don't even own the game, and I have absolutely no desire to ever play it again.

Resident Evil 6 - I don't know why I even started this on PS3. I already played it on Xbox years ago, and don't really care to play it again.

Resistance 2 - Pretty much the same reasons as Black Ops II. Also, I lost my data for this long ago.

Battlefield 3 - I bought this game for the multiplayer a few years back. The singleplayer in these games bores me to death.

Tales of Symphonia - I love this game, but I never want to go through some of those dungeons again...

Resident Evil Revelations - Easily one of my least favorite Resident Evil games. Getting through it once was bad enough.

Soulcalibur V - Too many annoying online trophies. It doesn't help that I also don't like the game at all.

Tales of Graces f - While it's not quite my least favorite Tales game, I simply don't like it enough.

46 minutes ago, AlphaOmegaSid said:

Every now and then, something cool like the last Super Mario game, or Zelda, or Uncharted, or GTA, or whatever, comes along and keeps me glued for a week or so, but beyond that, I'm always jumping back and forth. I'd like to say it's because I have a kid now and just play what I can, when I can, but I've always been like this. Sure, as a youngin with no money, I'd play the ever loving shit out of whatever I could get, but now, as an adult with disposable income and all that, it's like, "why play this one game to 100% and grind for all the hidden shit, when I could wrap at a solid 70% or so with the story done, have a blast, and go play something else instead of burning out something I love?"

Also, reps for (I assume) also diggin' Alpha. Game the fuck on.

Hello

Assassin's creed  brotherhood => because I don't like this game 

Batman (all) =>  challenge mode is too difficult for me

Call of duty modern warfare 2 => all spec-ops trophies

Fifa 11,12,13 and worldcup 2010 => closed servers 

Far cry 2 => online grinding is so boring

Ghostbusters => closed server 

Gta 4 and 5 => too much cheaters and modders , online is almost impossible to plat

Killzone 2 =>not enough time To play in a week to obtain online trophy valor grand cross

Max Payne 3 => I don't think i am good enough

Moto gP 09 => nobody plat this game...

Racquet sport => squash is impossible

Resistance 2 => closed server

I hope my others games are doable 

5 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Almost all of my PS3 backlog since I don't want to waste my times with a lot of old games when I already have a ton of PS4 / VR / Vita games that are on my to do list. 

But if I had to choose PS3 games that I will not Platinum even if I wanted to/that I would love to do but won't, here is my list :

- Resonance Of Fate : When I started the game a few years ago I was in a rush with my games and the combat system was too weird for me at the time so I gave up on the game even though I'm sure I'll enjoy it nowadays. I just have too many long games to do unfortunately and I plan on selling my PS3 this year.

- WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2011 and WWE'12 : Because the online is dead.

- LittleBigPlanet 2 : I just went through LBP 1 recently and I don't want to have to do some stupid online trophies again. Oh, and the prize bubbles were already a huge pain for me in LBP1 so I'm not even going to attempt the plat on this fantastic game.

- Mortal Kombat : Just because of the stupid "my kung fu is stronger trophy". There is no way I'm going to risk my PS3 to die for a stupid trophy.

- Portal 2 : Fantastic game but I just can't stand the co-op trophy for this game.

- Tales Of Graces f, Xillia and Xillia 2 : Fun games but I don't want to do a stupid grind for no reason considering these games are far from being my favourite "Tales of" games. I was willing to do it for Symphonia because I did the game 12 times on my Gamecube so why not do it three more times on PS3 and I would do it for Tales Of The Abyss too but not for these average games.

- Rayman Legends : I loved Rayman Origins but I didn't really like this sequel. The online trophies just killed my interest in this game unfortunately.

- Call Of Duty World at War : My first CoD and still one of my favourite but since I really like 100%ing the games I platinum I'll skip this once since I don't want to spend 30€ for two DLC for such an old game. Moreover, I just can't find the game at a reasonable price in my country.

- Batman Arkham Asylum & City : I did Batman Arkham Knight 100% and it was kind of boring so I don't want to touch a batman game again, for now at least. Plus the DLCs are too expensive.

- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood : I lost my save and there is no way I'm doing all of the MP trophies again.

- Beyond Two Souls : The game was good but not as good as Heavy Rain so I don't want to do a lot of playthrough for this game.

- X-Men Origins Wolverine : The game is nowhere to be found in my country and isn't on the PS Store.

Every other PS3 games that are not on this list is because I didn't enjoy them that much so I wouldn't like having their plat or because I'm planning on doing them again to reach their Plat / 100% ... Looking at you Catherine, MGS 2 & 3 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 ;) 

portal 2 co op is amazing...  i wish i could do it, having issues with my steam account and it won't connect online for me

x-men origins - i have the game and need to finish it as well, wouldnt mind selling it to you when i'm done with it or maybe even trading it by mail for something else

oh and good luck with ninja gaiden LOL

Alphabetically sorted:

Bayonetta: a friend played this on my profile. Never was interested in that game myself.

Bioshock: tried it, but I'm not a friend of shooters or horror-settings.
Borderlands 2: again, shooter. Also i tried it on Vita but the controls were so wonky, I don't want to try it again.

Helldivers: PS+ game I thought might be funny since it was from Pardox Interactive who made Magicka. I didn't like it. Also I hate mp trophies

Mirror's Edge: Hell no. I had my problems just finishing the tutorial. I will be proud if I ever finish the story but the Time Trials? Never!

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: MP trophies. And I borrowed the game from a friend and don't have it anymore. I would have to buy it for myself to work on that one
Two Worlds II: The game just didn't appeal to me. Sadly, I already earned one trophie, but who doesn't know that problem?

5 hours ago, GomBasZ said:
Medal of Honor Warfighter - MP trophys needs a lot of grinding and game is pretty much dead no one plays it, too bad because I pretty much liked it.
Call of Duty: Ghosts - No team to get all extinction trophys and I suck at that mode.

Warfighter is highly playable without boosting there are definitely times of the day where it's more dead but you can still legitimately play the game 

• FIFA 14 - 42/44 Trophies. EA stopped updating Match Day Challenges without notice and now I can't ever get my platinum. It was planned to me first platinum, but this had to happen.
  • Gran Turismo 5 - 30/59 Trophies. Servers are down, making the platinum harder and locking two trophies in the process. 700+ hours of grind is too much for me, but it actually looks fun.
  • Grand Theft Auto V - 0/59 Trophies. If getting flagged wasn't a thing, I'd already get the platinum. Plus, it also has hackers.
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 - 9/29 Trophies. I wish I got PES 2014 instead since it's still achievable, because the servers are down for this game.
  • PlayStation Home - 8/13 Trophies. Sony assassinated the game and can never be seen again. Please bring it back! 
  • SingStar - 0/32 Trophies. No relevant reason I guess.
Edited by ee28max

38 minutes ago, Lagoon Aris said:

Two Worlds II: The game just didn't appeal to me. Sadly, I already earned one trophie, but who doesn't know that problem?

Two worlds II

What a mess. Thought it would be a fun game. Nope :/  quest tracking was bad, gliches thru maps. Monsters quickly became hp spunges.  - played on 360.

Almost as bad as venetica.  That game made 2 worlds look good x.x"

Voice acting was bad. And every npc had horrible stereotypical british accent. Same 3 greetings all nails on chalk boards.

Quests were broke some way points were in middle of ocean 😥 

Bought full retail w.o research....

Droped 40$ almost overnight

Ah, yes - the bad old days of TW2 and Venetica. Both of those games definitely sucked, though I did plat both of them.

For me, the one has to be White Knight Chronicles. What a boring slog, made worse by a 500 hour plat which has you doing nothing but repeating the same few 5 minute quests over and over again. A dishonorable mention would be Cross Edge, one of the worst JRPGs I've ever played. I actually tried to start it up again recently, and was bored before the introduction ended.

13 hours ago, Fatty_Fatness said:

Call me optimistic (I'm looking at you, Project CARS Community Ambassador), but here's my list:

dont give up.. i got it to pop a few weeks back.. granted i was taking screenshoots after every event just in case..

Batman: Arkham Series - I'm terrible at 'challenges'. 

Mortal Kombat Series -  I'm terrible at fighing on the early games. More of a X man.

Ghostbusters: The Video Game - Online was dead before I bought the game. 😩