AlphaOmegaSid

PS3 Games You Will Never Platinum & Why?

367 posts in this topic

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: I'm not good with entering a lot of different combos quickly in Challenge Mode which is to say, I'm not good at fighting games.

White Knight Chronicles - It sucks, and it takes hundreds of hours

Ico - It sucks

KH: CoM - I remember the PS3 version, having beaten Sora's story on beginner, then Riku's on all 3 (as his to me, was easier with the whole, duel system), but platinuming it wasn't my thing.  Sora's story on Proud in particular, I don't think I was able to.  And then there's the fact in getting all the enemy cards and leveling up both characters to level 99... I don't have the patience for that x.x

FFX - Blitzball, dear lord how I hate that.  So getting that done for Wakka's stuff is a big fat no.  And the dark aeons are a bit much for me as well, can only get so far with them.

Payday 2: I just can't be bothered to return to it after the taste of how it is now. I also can't be bothered to cook meth for rats day 2 trophy. 

FFX: I enjoy the game but I don't have patience for blitzball and the dark aeons just annoy me. 

On 7/4/2018 at 7:54 PM, GTRP_Lancerlover said:

Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk: Seemed promising at first but turned out to be less fun than drowning.

Beyond: Two Souls: Story too sinister and depressing for me.

DRIVER San Francisco: I vaguely remember having stopped playing this halfway through because I got bored.

Dungeon Siege III: Couldn't be bothered to play the story more than once. Might pick it up again one day.

FINAL FANTASY VII: Got bored. Might have played it WAY too much in the past.

FINAL FANTASY X-2 HD: Stopped playing quite early throughout the story after encountering a boss I just couldn't beat.

KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep FINAL MIX: Got frustrated with the final boss on highest difficulty and therefore might not play it again.

KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories: Probably my worst choice of all time. Whoever came up with the fighting system must've been on crack.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch: Again, got bored halfway through.

Saints Row: The Third: Doesn't appeal to me at all and therefore dwells in my trophy list, giving me 74 unearned trophies.

So basically lots of stuff I could actually do if I just had the will. But I'm not gonna do it if I can't enjoy the experience.

I hear ya, GTRP.  Boredom is the worst feeling.  I've played more than a game or two where I was like, can I just finish this damn thing?  It stops being fun or rewarding or even enjoyable.  I don't need a game to wow me completely.  I just need at least one mechanic or two that compels me to keep on playing.

AC4 Black Flag cuz Online Trophies and i hate online Trophies >.< 

Black Ops 2. 3arc loves to screw over their playerbase, see: Gorod easter egg. 

Maybe all of the games that I played on Ps4 too.

Uncharted 1-3

Tomb Raider - Definitive Edition

Diablo 3

God of War 3

Kingdom Hearts - all of them

etc...

and many others are not attainable anymore.

Star Ocean 4, cuz ain't nobody got time for that shit.

Metro, Last Light: Two trophies are bugged, and platinum is not possible

Street Fighter X Tekken, way too hard missions.

Cabela's Survival: Shadows of Katmai, shooting gallerys are so hard.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, gold challanges again so hard.

Dead Space 3, so time consuming.

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3, buggy servers, can't finish the co-op based trophies.

Need for Speed: Undercover, buggy game, platinum not obtainable.

Unreal Tournament 3, server closure so, platinums not obtainable?

On 8/30/2018 at 4:18 AM, soniq said:

Star Ocean 4, cuz ain't nobody got time for that shit.

Truth! I lost my save as well so 150 hours are gone and I am NOT going through that again.

Most of my others are server closure related. Trying to finish Crysis 2  before October 11th to prevent from adding that to the list.

On 7/5/2018 at 7:40 PM, DrakeHellsing said:

FFX - Blitzball, dear lord how I hate that.  So getting that done for Wakka's stuff is a big fat no.  And the dark aeons are a bit much for me as well, can only get so far with them.

What is with the Blitzball hatred? Did the game get harder since PS2? Here is a blitzball guide:

Step 1- Get Jecht Shot.

There is no step 2.

Metal gear rising

Fallout new vegas

resonance of fate

tales of xillia

rayman origins

ratchet and clank a crack in time and into the nexus

simply my backlog, been too preoccupied with my ps4, hopefully will get around to them eventually !!

The one PS3 game I can say with the utmost certainty that I'll never get the platinum in is Payday 2. For starters, I don't really enjoy games likes this, not to mention the fact that I had nobody to play with at the time either. This was before I went into every game expecting to 100% it. The game came to PS+, so I figured I might as well try it out, but I quickly got bored. It seems like you need 3 other players to get the platinum, and I can't be arsed with that. I try to avoid using gaming sessions as much as possible.

It's unlikely that I'll ever get the platinum in Star Ocean: The Last Hope and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, but I haven't ruled it out completely. The former requires a ton of dedication, and with my mindset at he moment, I think my time is better-suited to playing other games. The latter is a game I go so very close to getting the platinum, and I really did try my best, but I just couldn't pull off those last few combo challenges. I'm not a fighting game guy at all, so I'm kinda impressed I made it that far tbh. Maybe I'll decide to go back and platinum them both one day but I doubt it.

payday 2 on the ps3. after getting the taste for the current gen version its hard to go back. its also hard to find people who know what theyre doing in the game if trying to do big oil day 2 or day 3 of framing frame.

AssCreed: Brotherhood - Online was pretty alright but the grind is absurd.

Binary Domain - Online is beyond dead and a super grind, shouldn't have ever existed.

Blazblue Calamity Trigger/Continuum Shift/Chronophantasma - Challenges/Score Attack are beyond me.

Catherine - Hah.

El Shaddai - S-ranks ain't gonna happen.

GTAIV - Huge online grind, don't even like it much.

King of Fighters XIII - I don't even own this game.

LittleBigPlanet - Online grind.

Max Payne 3 - Online grind.

Mirror's Edge - I ain't got time for time trails.

Marvel vs Capcom 3/Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Dem challenges man.

Persona 4: Arena - Score Attack with every character is beyond absurd.

Portal 2 - Impossible now.

Shadow of the Colossus HD - I'll likely just get the remake and leave this one be.

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine - 40k kill grind and every online challenge?? I like the game but no.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Fun game, but the list is damn hard and I've already poured a ton of time into it on PC. I'll probably do another complete run on Normal just so it's not stuck on 6% or whatever it's at.

Also probably Child of Eden and Vanquish but I haven't played them yet. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is also on my list but I'd honestly like to attempt getting that, unlike the list above which I've given up on. Might not ever actually do it, but hey.

Max Payne 3. Why? New York minute hardcore is kicking my ass. Made it to chapter 13 3 times now but died.  One day I'll get it but for now it seems impossible

Edited by closertim

I have two games on my mind, where I'm sure I will never get the platinum trophy:

Yakuza 3: I really had my fun with this game since 2010, but almost everything left is hard and I tried it but it is time to stop now. I completed all Substories and at the last battle against Amon I failed every time. And beating the game on extra hard is impossible for me too, because I have to beat the game on hard to get the extra hard difficulty. I played for 3 or 4 hours on hard and than I had to stop, because I had no chance in the later boss fights.

Grand Theft Auto V: I have the PS3 version, the "Run like the Wind" trophy is unobtainable by any normal means. And I still haven't found a crew that suits me, most of my friends stopped playing it or playing it now on PS4. And I don't have the "Enjoy your stay" trophy, I still need to really win at tennis, not win because the opponent rage quits. All these things are making GTA V for me a very annoying game. I'm not even interested to get the platinum for this game, but I still try to get as many trophies as possible to end the GTA V chapter once and for all.

Dark Souls 2. I love 3 and Bloodborne but that game is straight ass. 

On 05/07/2018 at 6:23 AM, Gamesareify said:

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: I'm not good with entering a lot of different combos quickly in Challenge Mode which is to say, I'm not good at fighting games.

This. I'd have to have as many arms as Shiva or reflexes as good as Bruce Lee.

Other than that, I did platinum all of my other PS3 games.

On 9/12/2018 at 3:31 AM, EE815 said:

Dark Souls 2. I love 3 and Bloodborne but that game is straight ass. 

You, sir, have the boorish manners of a Yalie!

On 8/30/2018 at 5:15 AM, Belphega2208 said:

Maybe all of the games that I played on Ps4 too.

Uncharted 1-3

Tomb Raider - Definitive Edition

Diablo 3

God of War 3

Kingdom Hearts - all of them

etc...

and many others are not attainable anymore.

Yeah, I tried going back to Uncharted 1 on PS3 awhile ago. It just didn't feel the same as the PS4 version, making it a hassle to get through the chapters. Uncharted 3 always gives infinite loading screen for me (I've tried 3 different copies, with no solution), so that'd be a big no for me.

Resistance 2 - servers closed

Rest in Peperoni poor Platin 😔😢 ^^