AlphaOmegaSid

PS3 Games You Will Never Platinum & Why?

367 posts in this topic

Any and all of them at this point!

Can't see myself going back to ps3 in 2019.  Maybe will clean up Wheel of Fortune but far from a given.

On 10.2.2019 at 11:16 PM, AlphaOmegaSid said:

~~~Kirilianov: Well, I am very happy that you have at least 1 Platinum, must be your favorite PS3 game. I own all the original Hitman games for their respective consoles, one of my favorite game series also.

Well, I think I can be proud of my first platinum trophy. :) Thank you for your reply, for a long time I wasn't really interested to clean up trophies I don't have. Now, I'm just trying my best and let's see how many Platinums I can get. There's still a huge PS4 backlog of games I haven't added to my collection so far. :D

Right now, I'm close to get three platinums: Tomb Raider (2013), Tomb Raider Underworld and F1 2010.

I add a new game to my never platinum list as well - GTA IV: It is one of my favorite games (singleplayer), and for a long time I enjoyed the multiplayer as well. But it's not the same anymore like a few years back and I don't want to stick to the same games all the time.

I'm not quite sure if I'm willing to get that trophy for Mortal Kombat IX... Hence, I'm probably not going to achieve this platinum. Not anytime soon.

At this point? Probably anything that requires online MP. I've never been someone who's had issues with going back to older systems for games, but even with sites like this where you can attempt to set up boosting sessions, IDK, it just doesn't really feel worth the effort, especially when so few people are probably even looking to platinum most of the titles anyway.

Second post: 😝

BioShock Infinite - I'm scared of the 1999 Mode. It's basically the only trophy I need to go for.  I might go for it one day.

Duke Nukem Forever - The Pinball thing. ' Earn a 1,000,000 pinball score in SP'  Really?

Assassin's Creed III - For 100%. Complete a Wolfpack multiplayer session on any of the additional maps. - No one is playing that. No one.

Edited by Jamescush147

But guys the batman games are really easy and fun to plat, I liked doing that with Arkham Asylum and City

my list:

Mortal Kombat 2011: that stupid kung fu is stronger, and my game is having some issues (when I choose some specific characters like mk1 scorpion or robot sektor, the game crashes, not sure why tbh)

Gran Turismo 5: servers closed, and there some really painful trophies, also I'm not a fan of race games

Rayman Legends: Fuck that online trophy, I got bored of the challenges

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix: The game is not mine and I have to return it soon, so I don't have time to plat.

Pes 2012: servers closed

Medieval Moves/sports champions: I don't think there's people on the online MP, but there's a chance I do some trophies just for fun lol

London 2012: Not sure if MP is dead or the servers closed

Edited by nombre_en_uso867

Assassins Creed 3 - Online trophies. Never liked the MP mode in AC games 

Battlefield 3 - Reaching rank 45 was a total grind and time sink for me after I had lost interest in playing this game when my friends moved on.

Battlefield Bad Company 1 - 10,000 kills online. No thanks!

Blazblue Continuum Shift - Lost interest and sold the game.

Call of Duty classic - Difficulty trophies don't stack. Not playing it through 3 times. Once is enough.

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 - The other CoD game on PS3 I don't have the platinum on. This is when Treyarch started making their games have stupid convoluted Easter eggs as part of trophy requirements.

Dead or alive 5 - 1000 fights online. No thanks.

FFX III - By chapter 11 and over 45 hours of gameplay, I was bored of this game.

GOW III - Had to force myself to finish this game. Not interested in going back.

GTA IV - offline 100%. Reaching level 10 and AWP trophies stopped from earning the plat. Likely not going back.

GTA V - One online trophy rendered unobtainable now.

GRID Autosport -Online trophies are garbage. A shame because I had gotten GRID 2 platinum before.

Killzone 3 - Server closure :(

Mortal Kombat - "My Kung-Fu is stronger" is a massive and unnecessary time sink. No thanks!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax - Online is dead now.

RAGE - Remember being stuck on the last part of the game. Never going back.

Resistance 2 - My most heartbreaking trophy. Just needed 10,000 kills to get the platinum. Server closed. :(

Sonic Unleashed - Couldn't complete the final level let alone go for the remaining trophies. 

The King of fighters XII - Online dead.

The King of fighters XIII - Online dead.

Tomb Raider - Online dead.

Bonus -  Not a platinum but I forever will be locked out of 100% on Ridge Racer Driftopia. It was a game I got into the beta before it got cancelled. For some odd reason the beta allowed you to get trophies.

Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold.

As much as I love fighting games, completing the challenges of all the DLC characters is a feat in itself. I've gotten close to Adachi's challenge 30, but my X button sticks every once in a while, which leads to disrupting whatever combo's being done at the moment. He's ironically the easiest to complete the challenges with, but regardless, I can't find myself able to do it for every DLC character (I can't play Marie and Margaret is just balls off the wall insane to get her down). I know you don't need to get them done for the platinum, but I'd hate to leave the game not at 100% (and I still need to do 100% of one character's challenges).

That, and I would have to restart Golden Arena mode because I made the choice of starting with Sho without his Persona, so I can't cheese my way through Golden Elizabeth with an Instant Kill when she takes a billion hits and can heal her way back to full, and without the time ticking down, I can't time her out.

Final Fantasy X and X-2 are second runner ups, mostly because of how I have to back track for the remaining Jecht spheres in an effort to discover which ones I miss. As for X-2, I just don't really like how the game works, and I can't be damned to keep moving through. Metal Gear Solid 2 and 4 are also on that list due to how insane it gets on harder difficulties (dog tag collects + generally not doing well with stealth games as a whole), and the effort to go through 4's campaign again to get the emblems is... A lot more than I wanted to give. I'll definitely revisit them, but I might not fully 100% them.

Edited by Vermilion_Joker

26 minutes ago, Vermilion_Joker said:

Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold.

As much as I love fighting games, completing the challenges of all the DLC characters is a feat in itself. I've gotten close to Adachi's challenge 30, but my X button sticks every once in a while, which leads to disrupting whatever combo's being done at the moment. He's ironically the easiest to complete the challenges with, but regardless, I can't find myself able to do it for every DLC character (I can't play Marie and Margaret is just balls off the wall insane to get her down). I know you don't need to get them done for the platinum, but I'd hate to leave the game not at 100% (and I still need to do 100% of one character's challenges).

That, and I would have to restart Golden Arena mode because I made the choice of starting with Sho without his Persona, so I can't cheese my way through Golden Elizabeth with an Instant Kill when she takes a billion hits and can heal her way back to full, and without the time ticking down, I can't time her out.

Final Fantasy X and X-2 are second runner ups, mostly because of how I have to back track for the remaining Jecht spheres in an effort to discover which ones I miss. As for X-2, I just don't really like how the game works, and I can't be damned to keep moving through. Metal Gear Solid 2 and 4 are also on that list due to how insane it gets on harder difficulties (dog tag collects + generally not doing well with stealth games as a whole), and the effort to go through 4's campaign again to get the emblems is... A lot more than I wanted to give. I'll definitely revisit them, but I might not fully 100% them.

I've been playing P4AU this week and started my journey to completing one characters challenges. Try Shadow Labrys, still really difficult but I got to challenge 22 in one sitting. Took me about 2 hours but the plan is to get back to it next week and finish her one up.

I had to use my fightpad as the PS3 pad just wasn't working for the execution needed for some of these inputs.

On 2/10/2019 at 10:16 PM, AlphaOmegaSid said:

~~~Uncharted_Baihh: Looks like you got the Bayonetta Platinum after all, excellent work! A Metal Gear Fan I see. Hats off to you for Platinuming the Metal Gear games. I did all the requirements to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 4 when this game first came out without any Trophy support. No way I will be doing all those tasks again just for Trophies.

I just went back and updated my original post accordingly! Bayonetta turned out to be a very enjoyable experience and I'm glad I stuck with it. I understand, eight play through's is a lot for any game, especially one that you have already played in the past. I couldn't not platinum MGS4 though... one of my favourites of all time. I think I'll try to make my next three platinum milestones the three MGS titles I have left to plat! That won't be easy though...

White Knight Chronicles.  -__-

I was working on getting all of the online trophies for this game, but I guess I joined the bandwagon a bit too late, because POOF!  Suddenly, the online servers shut down.  :(

17 minutes ago, AlphaOmegaSid said:

Hello, PSNP Community. Can you do me a favor, please, mark my topic to be expunged. I requested the Moderators and Sly to delete this topic, do not know why they could not just erase it. I wish this site had a feature where you can purge your own topics without having to ask for permission. I would greatly appreciate this topic canned. Thanks, and best wishes to everybody in life.

If you don't care anymore about it, just ignore it no ?

Why delete everything ?!!

People took time to answer you, or to share with others ... and just because you don't care anymore you can decide to remove it ? Not fair ^^'

Oh and BTW friend I will never plat Pure Football on PS3 because they closed server without warning, exaclty when i was playing it >.<

.... what ? You don't care ? Oups :P;)

MAG and Warhawk due to servers shutting down eons ago. Basically any game that requires online trophies where the servers have been shut down.

a ps3 game that i will never platinum is black ops 2 because the big leagues trophy is unachievable

Mass Effect 2  Because of the Insanity trophy

Twisted Metal due to closed servers.

River City All Stars due to lack of information on how to unlock characters for a trophy, and the absolutely asinine story progress that requires you to create a new character every time through.

Almost all of them, I usually move on after finishing a game.

On 2/23/2019 at 0:29 AM, serialzero1979 said:

White Knight Chronicles.  -__-

I was working on getting all of the online trophies for this game, but I guess I joined the bandwagon a bit too late, because POOF!  Suddenly, the online servers shut down.  :(

White Knight Chronicles can be done solo, same for 2.

For me its LOTR: Conquest and Resistance 2. Both literally impossible due to server shutdowns.

Any game with online trophies (i.e. Gran Turismo 5, Killzone 2 and 3, etc.)

But some other games I probably will never 100%:

Dead Space 2 - Hardcore is way too much. Got as far as Chapter 10 but I really don't want to go back and re-learn the whole game to beat it.

Call of Duty: World at war: Grenade spam is real. It's one of the most unfair Cod games on Veteran to beat.

CoD Classic: Veteran is brutal. No saves if your health goes below 33%, no enemies on the mini-map, one-two hit kills, limited A.I. spawns etc. It's something I don't know I would go through

Mass Effect: Getting the trophies to beat the "majority" of the game with specific allies is so annoying. If you're not keeping track, you basically have to re-do everything.

Deus Ex: Human revolution: Foxiest of the hounds and Pacifist are a non-stealth gamer's worst nightmare. Beating the game without killing anyone or setting off an alarm is basically asking for perfection, and considering how I both suck at the game and didn't like it very much to begin with, I'll pass.

Maybe I'd go back to these games (and others I didn't mention here) but I don't know if I ever will. As much as I would like to just go back and 100% as many PS3 games I own (or buy and 100% games I didn't own prior), with the PS5 coming soon, it may never happen.

Probably White Knight Chronicles, long and boring....

PES 2015 : I hate football (or soccer whatever), bought this game just to play some matches with my dorm roommates, then sold the disc. Never shall I see it again, the list will always remain at 1%

Dragon's Dogma,Bioshock Infinite,Batman Arkham Asylum/CIty, AC Black Flag : I also have the games on PS4, I don't love the game that much to platinum them on ps3 as well.

J Stars Victory + and One Piece Pirate Warrior 2 : They bore me to no end , they are in the " why did I even buy these" cathegory

and then.... there is the one and only....

Devil May Cry 2 . I would rather QUIT Playstation gaming than touch that horrible thing ever again. No thank you , once was more than enough.

Killzone 2....

Servers shut down.

😂

Edited by AtomicAltruism

Apart from Pinballistik (impossible glitched 100% free game) and the MP trophies I don't want to get ever (Uncharted 2 & 3), the only game I fear I won't ever plat is STREET FIGHTER IV.

On top of the challenges that require frame-perfect precision, there are time trials and survival - I suck at endurance runs.