AlphaOmegaSid

PS3 Games You Will Never Platinum & Why?

367 posts in this topic

Pretty much any game that requires a lot of playthroughs and any game that requires max level MP grind.

4 hours ago, mordeckai81 said:

Pretty much any game that requires a lot of playthroughs and any game that requires max level MP grind.

Well, yeah, but do you want to elaborate? What games do you have on your own list that you started and don’t plan to finish because of the grind? Ho afar did you get before calling it quits? Share some details!

Motorstorm Apocalypse, friend played it on my account when I first got a PS3, and i didn't get into trophies until a year or so ago, so i missed the online shutoff. At the moment it's the only unobtainable platinum on my profile. I could get all the offline trophies at some point though.

Pretty much anything at this point.  Hard to see myself going back knowing my current PS4 backlog.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope

900 ridiculous battles trophies that you have to get, and a lot of them are random based.  And the bunny race trophies are an absolute bore to do.

Here is ten games I don't platinum in the future.

1 Street Fighter X Tekken, the missions are a pain in the ass. And don't have the skill for them.

2 Sound Shapes again the death modes are way too hard and therefore also time consuming.

3 Resistance 2 servers dead so can't do it even if I'd want to. So online trophy is impossible.

4 Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate and Last Round. The online trophies glitched on me so I'm not sure if I try to do them again. Not sure why fights don't always count.

5 Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal. Not sure I can get the Qwark tokens from the game. It is so near though.

6 LittleBigPlanet 3, got bored so haven't aced all levels.

7 Need for Speed: Undercover. Played it twice almost 100% and then the saves got corrupted. What a pain. And fix to this is not coming.

8 Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. So much grind for online trophies, like 30 hours played.

9 Command & Conquer Red Alert 3. Bad servers. Can't do the online trophies because of it.

10 Unreal Tournament 3. Again servers dead, so bye platinum.

All PS3

Mirrors Edge......Time trials.....just not good enough

Grand Turismo 6 ........Senna Master......Just cant beat the time....

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed.......Cant beat a few of the staff ghosts......

Uncharted 3......really tried but run out of time.....servers shut down

Pes 2016 & 2012 Servers shut down...,,,my fault......gutted

Hitman Absolution Servers shut down......my fault,,,,,,gutted

Wipeout HD servers shut down.....my fault.....gutted

All of them. I enjoy going for trophies on games I am currently playing,, but don't care enough about them to go back.

On 11/1/2019 at 1:59 PM, mymicisdead- said:

PES 2014

Bruh I'm terrible at football games.

Me too,but this platinum is really easy. Lowest difficulty and you can pass the ball to your striker and just slalom to goal. 😁😁

Fat Princess: Piece of Cake : "Achieve 555 match 5's"😑😑

Diablo III: Pick up 5,000,000 gold.  (I have installed reaper of soul and discovered that they have different list

No Man's Sky: tooo bored

Final Fantasy XIII-2 : I checked on internet a lot and I am the only one to find a way to "miss" a trophy in this game and don't want to start it from beginning

and much more....

Resistance 2, Army of Two, and LOTR Conquest. That's it really. I am impressed with the number of online trophies I knocked out. I only have a few more games to take care of the online requirements for. I just hope I can update single player trophies long after the PS5 launches.

too hard to plat, not even going to try:

devil may cry hd collection
metal gear rising
silent hill 2
vanquish
wipeout

too lazy to plat and can't be bothered:

dragons crown
dead space 3
kingdom hearts chain of memories
puppeteer
bioshock

As said in another (similar) topic, I guess I'll never plat Battlefield Bad Company, because of the infamous glitched trophy "With My Devil Dogs". I have tried literally everything to get it: reduce your friend's list to ten people, invite someone close to your (or in your same) country, connect the PS3 directly to the modem through an ethernet cable, etc.

Have yet to try with a second PS3, but even that is not 100% guaranteed to work. The other trophies of the game are grindy and/or time-consuming, but nothing that cannot be handled with a good boosting group (which I still have to find)

On the other hand, I will never get the 100% of a couple of games, like Playstation Home and Spartacus Legends, but there's no platinum on those, so I don't know if it counts towards this thread.

Other mentions (but I haven't installed most of these games, so my profile is safe from them) are:

-Hitman Absolution: Server shutdown(?). It supposed to come back someday, but I doubt it will.

-Resistance 2: Server shutdown.

-F.E.A.R. 2: Server shutdown.

-White Knight Chronicles: it's been said here that the servers for this are down too.

-Unreal Tournament: Server shutdown.

-SOCOM Confrontation: Server shutdown.

-Little Big Planet 1/2: Have them in my backlog and I don't know if it's worth going for the platinum at this point. For LBP2 I think I need a Move controller, and I don't have one anymore.

-Metal Gear Solid 2/3/4: The requirements for those platinums are a little scary and really time consuming (specially MGS 4).

-Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition: Game almost fried my PS3, so I'm staying the hell away from it.

And I guess that's it.

Edited by Ghanupher

14 minutes ago, Ghanupher said:

As said in another (similar) topic, I guess I'll never plat Battlefield Bad Company, because of the infamous glitched trophy "With My Devil Dogs". I have tried literally everything to get it: reduce your friend's list to ten people, invite someone close to your (or in your same) country, connect the PS3 directly to the modem through an ethernet cable, etc.

Have yet to try with a second PS3, but even that is not 100% guaranteed to work. The other trophies of the game are grindy and/or time-consuming, but nothing that cannot be handled with a good boosting group (which I still have to find)

On the other hand, I will never get the 100% of a couple of games, like Playstation Home and Spartacus Legends, but there's no platinum on those, so I don't know if it counts towards this thread.

Other mentions (but I haven't installed most of these games, so my profile is safe from them) are:

-Hitman Absolution: Server shutdown(?). It supposed to come back someday, but I doubt it will.

-Resistance 2/3: Server shutdown.

-F.E.A.R. 2: Server shutdown.

-White Knight Chronicles: it's been said here that the servers for this are down too.

-Unreal Tournament: Server shutdown.

-SOCOM Confrontation: Server shutdown.

-Little Big Planet 1/2: Have them in my backlog and I don't know if it's worth going for the platinum at this point. For LBP2 I think I need a Move controller, and I don't have one anymore.

-Metal Gear Solid 2/3/4: The requirements for those platinums are a little scary and really time consuming (specially MGS 4).

-Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition: Game almost fried my PS3, so I'm staying the hell away from it.

And I guess that's it.

Resistance 3 you can still obtain the plat in offline mode

56 minutes ago, akdkiller said:

Resistance 3 you can still obtain the plat in offline mode

There, fixed.

Thanks.

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed - Some of those challenges are absolutely ridiculous and I don't have the time or patience for them.  

GTA IV - Can't be arsed with the online

GTA V - Too much of a grind these days and it's not worth it. 

Uncharted 2 - Servers have closed =(