AlphaOmegaSid

PS3 Games You Will Never Platinum & Why?

367 posts in this topic

So far I can say for sure:

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - I'm at 73%, but the missions are clearly beyond my skill and I don't feel inclined to get the remaining trophies if I won't get the platinum anyway.
Resistance 3 - It came with my PS3, but I don't really play shooters other than Doom, so I don't think I'll touch it with so many other games at my disposal.
Naughty Bear - Simply a terrible game, with horrid online trophies. Shouldn't have started it in the first place.

However, I'm compiling a list of my full gigantic backlog across PS systems, so I expect that list to grow soon.

Edited by fabmorais_2011

Resistance 2 - servers closed

Bulletstorm - servers closed

Army of Two: The 40th Day - DIY PMC trophy is impossible to get due to site closure

I hope these stay as the only unplatinable ones in my trophy list.

Fifa 13 (i hate football games an old friend of mine loaded it up on my profile years ago and now servers are closed) 

Bulletstorm (Server closure) 

Medal of Honour (2010) too many hours needed and i just don't care enough

Dead Star (server closure) i wish i never started this...

Edited by DarkSoleride

On 1/8/2018 at 2:34 PM, itachi-destroyer said:

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think there is a delete option on PS3.

‍   

Edited by TheClanOfTheWolf

Ghostbusters: The Video Game - server closure

Killzone 2 - too many hours required 

Lost Planet 2 - too many hours required + world record 

Max Payne 3 - too many hours required

Resistance 2 - server closure

I have only 3 PS3 uncompleted games on my list and I can't see myself finishing them.

1- Wipeout HD - I'm just not good enough

2- GT5 - same reason as above

3- Just Cause 2 - only played a few hours but game was seriously pissing me off with the respawn fricking miles away crap going on.

If I have not finished it yet I probably won't (except Dragon Age: Origins, fully intend to get that one). 

But a few I have already admitted to myself:

1. Dragon Fin Soup - because the studio took the money and ran rather than try to fix it, wheeeeee! 

2. Gran Turismo 5 - I am not good enough to ever finish this, even though I have all the online trophies. 

3. Birds of Steel - I am never going to be good enough for this, either. Plus I still need at least one more online trophy. Is the server even still up? 

I've not made myself a victim of any game that I synced to my trophy list. But there are a few games that I'd like to do that I can't due to servers being closed, the main game would be F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin in that regard. I might hate grinding, but I like getting more ultra rare trophies and seeing a nice platinum in my collection hahaha. 

From my list:

GTA V (PS3) - Unobtainable due to the Run Like the Wind trophy not possible to get unless you mod. Could of wrapped up the online years ago when I played casually, but with modders and hackers dominating a lot of older PS3 games, very unlikely people will get the platinum legit without having that trophy prior to Rockstar removing the Bounty Hunter ability.

8 hours ago, AlphaOmegaSid said:
  • Super-Fly Spider-Guy: Love your GIF. Is that your kid? If so, already shaping up to be an Elite Gamer. 1f44d.png I am going to retire from Trophies soon, working on earning 100% completion for Uncharted 2, MY VERY LAST Online Trophy set. Going back to retro gaming my older systems and handhelds by buying games I wanted when I was a kid.

Bit of a shame you're quitting AlphaOmegaSid. You have a good profile, plenty of good games with a bit of challenge under your belt. Guess you're not going to invest in a PS4.

Nostalgia may play a big part in your reasons but I recently did Sega Mega Drive Collection and three of the PSN games from the Sega Vintage Collection. While still enjoyable, they're not as fantastic as some people might think. Some of the games in the Mega Drive Collection haven't aged well.

This is why I like to play a big variety of games. It doesn't matter if it's Space Invaders from 1979 or the upcoming God of War game set to release in a few months. As long as I'm having fun I will continue to play the games.

I personally find a lot of PlayStation 1 titles to have aged poorly and I can't get past the blocky, clunky 32 bit graphics and gameplay. I was a N64 kid for a while until they discontinued making games for that system in 2001 so obviously my views sway more towards Nintendo since I was a big Nintendo kid growing up.

Sonic was only truly good back in the Genesis era, then he pretty much fell apart in the years after. Had a bit of a comeback with the Dreamcast but it wasn't enough to keep SEGA afloat. Rather sad considering the Sonic games are easily in my top 25 games of all time.

Then when I hear a lot of people having problems with Sonic Forces, that just tells me Sonic Team hasn't really evolved in the past 10 - 12 years.

Edited by Spaz

Overlord II - Servers shut down, missing all MP trophies. I had the game when the servers were still up but they just took 'em down without any notice and I didn't even know till I started playing it like a year later.

Then there's one more...

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:33 PM, AlphaOmegaSid said:

WipeOut HD -------> Missing only 2 Trophies for the Platinum, "Beat Zico" and "Elite Campaign Legend". I got this game for free from Sony when that "hacking" incident happened, and is my first/last WipeOut game. Though I love the Racing genre, I had many difficulties on this game. I had trouble with the advanced controls and doing barrel rolls, had no patience for the harsh controls. 

^ The exact same thing except I managed to beat Zico.

I don't have so many, thankfully:

Guitar Hero Metallica: Requires extremely difficult 4-person coop which was never in the cards. Don't even own any of the controllers anymore and the servers have probably been closed.

Resistance 2: Servers closed

Uncharted: My copy of the game always froze about 2/3 of the way through the story, so I'd have to get another copy in the hopes it worked. But I already have the PS4 remaster so don't really care.

White Knight Chronicles: Servers closed. It's still technically possible to get the platinum in single player but I didn't like the game enough to put 900 hours into it.

I have a few more on my "realistically it's unlikely I'll ever go back to them, but there's still a chance" pile, of course.

2 hours ago, AlphaOmegaSid said:

fabmorais_2011: That is a sizable backlog. If I had that many to play, I would need some therapy, or be placed in a mental hospital. I really love your Profile Photo. My first RPG was Phantasy Star on my Sega Master System, and I still have that same game my Mom bought ages ago, that game and SMS are still in mint condition and in working order. To be honest, I only got the Phantasy Star game because it had the best cover art that I have ever seen for the SMS. I was really young and did not know how to play that game so, I did not beat Phantasy Star until I was older. The first RPG that I beat was the original Final Fantasy on my NES, still own both to this day in my video game collection.

Yeah, I'm a game collector with much less time to play than I would like to lol. I'll put a break on purchases for a while though with few important exceptions (Like Dragon Quest XI when it comes out -- or any DQ for that matter). I didn't realize how big it was until I stopped to compile this (so far incomplete) list. And that's only for the PS3/PS4/Vita. Take a look at my physical collection if you want. You'll notice a very MINT copy of Phantasy Star there :) -- as well as complete copies of Phantasy Star II (my favourite) and III:https://www.flickr.com/photos/videogamescollection/

• Battlefield: Bad Company- Ridiculous multiplayer requirements
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2- Online requirements are significantly easier but I'm not arsed
  • Battlefield 3- Same as above
  • Battlefield 4- Possibly same as above, might look into it as it seems much, much simpler
  • Battlefield: Hardline- Same as above
  • Bulletstorm- Closed servers
  • Call of Duty (most)- not arsed
  • Crysis 2 & 3- hated the multiplayer of 2, 3 doesn't seem much better
  • Doom 3- Might possibly make a session for the MP trophies
  • F1 games- MP requirements
  • Far Cry 2- not a chance I'm grinding that MP
  • GTA IV & V- never interested in GTA multiplayer, besides I think a trophy in V is glitched
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us- grinding
  • Killzone 2 & 3- MP requirements, servers closing soon
  • Medal of Honor & MOH Warfighter- bullshit online requirements on dead servers
  • Mortal Kombat- My Kung Fu is Strongest... yeah, no thanks
  • Need For Speed (most)- MP
  • Payday 1 & 2- online requirements
  • Persona 4 Arena & Ultimax- online requirements and grinding, I'm terrible at Fighting games anyway
  • Red Dead Redemption- made a lot of progress in the MP- got to level 50 and acquired a lot of the best weapons but never got some of those trophies, pretty much impossible now
  • Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City- shite game with online requirements I'm not arsed doing
  • Resistance 2- closed servers
  • Street Fighter X Tekken- think there's multiplayer, I'm bad at fighting games so there's no way I'll be able
  • Street Fighter IV & Super Street Fighter IV- online requirements, bad at fighting games
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2- as above
  • Unreal Tournament III- gamespy servers closed

Probably more

•  

9 hours ago, AlphaOmegaSid said:
  • Super-Fly Spider-Guy: Love your GIF. Is that your kid? If so, already shaping up to be an Elite Gamer. 1f44d.png I am going to retire from Trophies soon, working on earning 100% completion for Uncharted 2, MY VERY LAST Online Trophy set. Going back to retro gaming my older systems and handhelds by buying games I wanted when I was a kid. 

Yeah boy. That was like a year or so ago, too, she's 23 months in a couple days, gotta start 'em early. I was pretty damn impressed a few months back though, when she did a whole line in Tetris on her own, that was pretty sweet. But she's been on these things since day one, stealing my remotes, pressing the screenshot button a million times, hell, when Mario Odyssey came out on the first day we did 2 player, I was Mario and she was the hat. Didn't really achieve much, you know, on account of being about a year and a half old at the time, but wiggled the joystick around and made him move and all that, which is always fun to watch. 

Fuck yeah dude, trophies can eat a dick. I quit the stuff a good couple years back now and it's the best decision I've made in terms of gaming. Kudos.

Virtually anything with a hard difficulty.  I am awful at playing on hard or very hard or whatever soul crushing words they decide to use in order to let me know how I'm wasting my time by even trying.  So games like the God of War series and Uncharted I will probably never platinum.  Shoot, I can't even beat a Ratchet and Clank title on the hardest difficulty that everyone goes on about how easy it is.

El 01/07/2018 a las 7:40 p.m., Blackmist_FFXI dijo:

MAG: servidores cerrados - 

White Knight Chronicals 2: aunque obtenible ... Eso es 2.000 horas en las que puedo estar. 

Resistance 2: me encantó el juego mp! Jugamos al diablo ... en una cuenta de amigos ... Lamentablemente, los servidores están muertos.

Dantie inferno: me apetece y creo que el servicio de mp está muerto (no estoy seguro si es necesario)

Street Fighter v tekken: ver abajo

Marvel v capcom 3: ver abajo

Injusticia: dioses entre nosotros: ya me cago en los juegos de lucha. Entonces los juegos 100-500 mp necesarios. Sí, no

Estoy seguro de que hay algunos más * dbz: batalla de z * pero no puedo pensar en ellos

In Dante's hell you do not need anything more than your ability to overcome the trophy :v, this platinum is really easy and more than was my first platinum lol

On 1/8/2018 at 0:25 AM, itachi-destroyer said:

- Batman Arkham Asylum & City : I did Batman Arkham Knight 100% and it was kind of boring so I don't want to touch a batman game again, for now at least. Plus the DLCs are too expensive.

If you managed to complete Knight to 100% then Asylum should be no problem, there are only 8 different combat challenges and 8 different predator challenges (2 of each map with extra difficulty) and no DLC to buy...City was a bitch though.

- Motherfucking Fifa 13 with its shitty inform player packed trophy

- Fifa 09, 10 and 11 because the servers are shit

- Gran Turismo 5 with its long ass grind

- Grid Autosport way too long

- TMNT: Out of the shadows shit ass game

DJ Hero 1 and 2 - I can never be able to master Expert difficulty, let alone hard difficulty.

F.E.A.R. 2 - servers closed.

ModNation Racers - don't know if the servers are still up, but that rank 30 grind is going to suck ass.

Mighty No. 9 (PS3/PS4) - fucking hate this game, especially how it lags and the issues that i've had to deal with in regards to getting 1 trophy.

Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe - those kombo challenges.

RAGE - don't know if servers are closed.

Red Dead Redemption - I hate sandbox-type games. Don't know what made my older brother buy this game.

Sayonara Umiharakawase+ - don't have the patience to continuously hook my way through all those levels, especially when I go up against the crab boss.

Super Street Fighter IV - Can't bother with mastering all challenges. Might go back to get everyone to Rank C sometime before the servers close (whenever that will be).

UFC 2009 Undisputed - Never liked this type of game. Don't know what made my older brother buy the game.

Edited by GarciaFever