AlphaOmegaSid

PS3 Games You Will Never Platinum & Why?

367 posts in this topic

Tales of Symphonia: Too long, 150 hours of work, 5 playthroughs and no skip scene function. Unfortunately I don't have that patience to rewatch the same scenes over and over, and the game itself looks very dated.

Tales of Symphonia DOTW: I hated this game, mostly Marta as she was so annoying. I only got to the first down before the overload of overly cheesy lovely skits and dialogue made me cringe too much to continue with even just the story.

Disgaea D2, 3 and 4: Too much grinding and repetitive work. These games demand an insane amount of patience and passion for doing the same thing over and over again for hundreds of hours. Not worth it really. 

Tales of Zestiria: Hated this game, rubbish battle system and so much RNG grinding. Also, the overly complex skill sheet is not worth it, and this is the only Tales I truly dislike that it does not even deserve a 2nd playthrough let alone post game stuff.

Edited by Lava_Yuki

FIFA09 -  Servers Closed

FIFA10 - Servers Closed

LOTR:Conquest -  Servers Closed

Gran Turismo 5: too much of a grind now that the login bonuses are gone.

Battlefield 3 - Not much of a fan of FPS Games, played one or two missions then never touched the game again. And too much of an online grind.

SSX - I tried going for the plat for some hours but it got very repetitive and the online was kind of confusing.

Red Dead Redemption - I dont know, i really really liked the game, but the online seems kind of a LOT.

DmC Devil May Cry - While i liked the game i´m not going to replay it 5-8 times:D

Tomb Raider - Already got the plat on the PS4 version, im never doing the 15 hours of solo boosting againg.

The Last Of Us - Already got the plat and 100% on the PS4. I would play all of the Campaign againg, but not the Hunter and Firefly journey.

Assassins Creed IV Black Flag - Not sure about this, already the Multiplayer in AC Revelations and AC III was a bit boring....

Edited by DeathShark22

The Disgaeas (3,4 and D2): I really wanted to enjoy these games but for some reason they angry me lol. Hard to plat a game that you hate and is long af.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2: i don't like to ask for help online, so as you can guess there is no way to get the team missions trophy for me.

Vanquish: that damned challenge 6 kicks my ass. It was the first time a game challenged my OCD that much. On the bright side, now I'm less of a completist... ha... urgh.

Most fighting games in general: I loved the genre once but now I'm so casual. I just know the word 'trials' make me shiver lol.

LOTR war in the north: because again I hate online, and that trophy of doing the same thing 3 at once, just sucks and is glitched.

Twisted Metal, Starhawk, Payday, Grid 2: I hate those games, and i dont plan on doing the long multiplayer grind to get trophies on games i hate and are on my list from a year i didnt care about completion.

Resistance 2 Servers are closed and the grind to get 10.000 almost put me out of trophy hunting cause i didnt know how to boost, didnt care when i see servers going down.

Street fighter 4: My friends who only play fighters cant get it, i will never achieve this since im not that good at this genre

On 7/1/2018 at 6:32 PM, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Great game..

But getting all the endings in 1 go... Nearly gave me an anurisim 1f625.png

How did you manage to do it in 1 go?

Battlefield Bad Company - I always join boost sessions for this but they are way too chaotic and never focused enough to work on awards (then other people whine repeatedly about how they want this award, they didn't get this one,etc and mess up the rotation). Not to mention the servers don't match some people up because their internet suck/the servers suck. I want there to be a boost session for this game where it's focused on the awards and everyone is patient.

Final Fantasy XIII - Feels like a fn part-time job to Platinum and about as interesting as a tax return.

Gran Turismo 5 - I know I can do this, just not sure I want to. I am prepared to spend 1000's of hours to do this. If I can Platinum NFS: Hot Pursuit, I can do this.

Max Payne 3 - The online I'm not worried about, it's Shadows Rushed Me. Highly degree of skill to do.

2 hours ago, luquillla said:

How did you manage to do it in 1 go?

Lots of mountan dew

No job at the time

And save scumming.

Back up saves at x points

Still needed 3 whole playthrus x.x"

Think it took 2.5 days

* i took my time with the 1st playthru. Beat the game put it away, came back to it some time later. Then decided to plat it came back to it an did nothing but grind.

Almost same way i took dark knight in ffxi from lv 1 to 65 in 3 days pre- abyssea and level sync. Now that was a pain thankfully had exp boosting rings lol

On 1/7/2018 at 11:56 PM, AlphaOmegaSid said:
  • Shiny Suicune: Easy for you to say that. If you are a "Completionist Gamer" like me, its a hard life, LOL.

This actually made me giggle xD

5 hours ago, AlphaOmegaSid said:

luquillla: I have not played Heavy Rain since 2010 when I got the Platinum for it. He probably meant that he kept multiple save files and just changed the outcomes needed for a particular ending. I enjoyed Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls.

Heavy Rain is waiting for me, hope to start playing it in a few weeks, Beyond was fun, but I don’t i would be able to get all the alternate endings

Killzone 2:  The stats very rarely save on the servers which are needed for the MP trophies.

Armored Core Verdict Day - I wasn't really into it the first time I played and it seems too late to get back into it again.

Earth Defense Force 2025 - That is one killer grind.

Resistance 2 - Servers unfortunately shut down.

COD Black Ops II - I didn't get the chance to earn Big Leagues so it is unobtainable for me.

Not a platinum but Pinball Arcade. There's absolutely no way anyone's getting me to 100% that game.

9 minutes ago, Legion_Immortal said:

Killzone 2:  The stats very rarely save on the servers which are needed for the MP trophies.

I hope you change your mind soon before the servers shut down. It's a very satisfying platinum to have on your profile.

I will probably never finish The Hobbit (Lego). The game for some reason denied me the trophy for getting 100%, and I doubt I will be willing to go through the whole game again just to see whether I'd have more luck now.

Edit: I rechecked this part and I did get the trophy for finishing the game 100%. It's the trophy for all side-quests that I'm missing, even more stupid than what I remembered^^

Apart from this there are also games which I never intended to finish - basically everything with trophies related to online multiplayer, games that I simply didn't enjoy or games of which I would rather play an updated version like Batman or Uncharted.

Edited by Karlsson89

I have so many unplattable PS3 games on my list that I won't even bother counting them hehe. I bought a PS3 in 2013 and only started caring about trophies in 2015 or so. Needless to say that by then the servers of many games were already long gone. Not that I care too much about multiplayer, if it's a longish grind I often don't bother. I will still play the campaign of those games though and try to get all single player trophies. Good thing I could not care less about my completion rate :P

3 games i want to platinum but are way harder than i thought they would be 😩

CATHERINE

VELOCITY ULTRA

TRACKMANIA TURBO

i'm not sure i'll ever manage ☹️

7 hours ago, AlphaOmegaSid said:
  •  Lava_Yuki: Very nice, a Final Fantasy and Lightning Fan. This might sound weird, but “I LOVE YOU”, please, do not report me, thanks. How are those “Tales” games, are they fun RPGs? I do not mind the long grind if an RPG is enjoyable. I have almost 660 in-game hours on my save for Final Fantasy XII: Lightning Returns.

I would give Tales of Xillia a go. I'd suggest it to many 1st time players of the Tales of series. It's grindy (not as much as the others), but easy to get into. But if you don't mind the massive grind, I would suggest Tales of Symphonia, too. 

street fighter 4,super street fighter 4,king of fighters 13,mortal kombat 9,street fighter x tekken,ultimate marvel vs capcom

ps3 era fighting games are just hard to plat all of these have some trophy I'm not good enough to get and MK has my kung fu is stronger lol..

Mass Effect,Fallout 3,Fairytale fights,demon's souls

those are games i tried but just don't like. in the case of ME and DS I am terrible at emn and unwilling to "git gud"

On 8/1/2018 at 0:33 AM, AlphaOmegaSid said:

1f600.png Interested to know, please post, I am sure others would love to read too. 1f600.png

Going down in 'ABC' order from my PSNProfiles Trophy List.............

• F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin -------> Missing all 19 Online Trophies needed for the Platinum because the GameSpy Servers closed for good. I got all the story/single player Trophies in 2009. Also, I do not like playing online for games, just care about the main story plot and its Trophies.
  • Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe -------> Missing 24 Trophies needed for the Platinum. I am the worst player in the whole history of the Fighting game genre. Plus, I have no patience in learning combos and things related. All 24 Trophies that I am missing are combo based, no chance for me to ever earn the Platinum.
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 -------> First off, I can replay a long game only 2-3 times before I get bored with it and never play the main game again. You have to play-through NGS2's already unforgiving story numerous times for the 'Difficulty' Trophies. Then, there are those nearly impossible Team Missions, which made me very irate that I gave up on them.
  • Street Fighter IV -------> Missing 6 Trophies needed for the Platinum. Again, I am horrible at Fighting games, and have no patience to play them. It is impossible for me to earn all the Titles and Icons. Getting Gold on on all the Challenges/Trials, especially with combos is not doable for me.
  • WipeOut HD -------> Missing only 2 Trophies for the Platinum, "Beat Zico" and "Elite Campaign Legend". I got this game for free from Sony when that "hacking" incident happened, and is my first/last WipeOut game. Though I love the Racing genre, I had many difficulties on this game. I had trouble with the advanced controls and doing barrel rolls, had no patience for the harsh controls. 

1f60e.png~~~Now, it is your turn to share, fellow gamers.Thanks in advance for posting.~~~1f60e.png

Heads up. The Beat Zico trophy can be easily obtained through a glitch(if you are not above doing that or w/e)

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Revengeance mode is clusterfuck difficult. And you need to no damage most part to get S rank all chapters. Yay i guess ?

Gta iv : Online trophies obviously

Gta v (ps3): Got the plat on ps4. Cant push my self to do it again

007 Legends : If you think Ride to Hell: Retribution is bad play this game. Even the hud shows wrong button for sprint

Thief(ps3): Powerpoint slideshow. Bug bugs bugs glitched trophies. It was hell of earth on ps4 but ps3 version is just an other league

AC III : I hate this game and it is hardest ac platinum. At least IMO

Need for Speed The Run: If i had that much luck to get those spinning wheels trophies i'd rather use it in real life. I cant do it

WRC 4: Just 4 trophies left. But online was dead even back in 2015

Gow Ascension: No idea just didnt like this gow at all and i wont play it again

Metro Last Light: Shadow Ranger Trophy

Sorry for the long list 

And also english is not my native lang so please forgive my errors :)

• Star Ocean 4------->  Because it's 1000000 hours long :D
  • DmC -------> Because that is not Dante and that is not Vergil. 
  • Dragon Age Origins -------> Because I cannot cheat on Morrigan or Alistair... 😇
  • Uncharted 1 -------> Because of the blue room .i.
  • Soul Calibur 5 -------> Do I need more of a reason aside from, Cassandra isn't in the game? 

FIFA 15 (PS3): For some reason the trophy "Friends to the End" is permanently glitched on me. Funnily enough, I have all the now unobtainable online trophies.

Mortal Kombat (vita): Synced the trophy list without knowing it was unobtainable and got one trophy LMAO

ghosts recon future soldier,

binary domain,

the reason I need to many dedicated people to make it happen 8....