Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlphaOmegaSid

PS3 Games You Will Never Platinum & Why?

315 posts in this topic

For me it's Mugen Souls because it's way too much pointless grinding, same for most Tales games; and Tales of Symphonia because having to play through that pile of shit once was already too much.

Lost Planet 2: Online leaderboards have been hacked and have made the nom de guerre(s) unobtainable.
MAG: Servers offline.

Resistance 2: Servers offline.

(And possibly Wipeout HD since the servers are shutting down and I find this game boring af)

On 1/26/2018 at 6:07 AM, AlphaOmegaSid said:
  •  Z1MZUM: MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!! PLEASE, SHOOT ME NOW TO STOP MY SUFFERING!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I have to really like a game to platinum it or it's a game that will naturally give it to you with hardly any effort.  So I purposely went for the Souls trophies, cod classic, waw, Just Cause 2. I didn't for the Far Cry Games and definitely didn't for Terminator. The Saboteur is so close to platinum but I've played enough of it for the time being, maybe later in the year. I move on pretty quick with most games to platinum them, idk, I want the game to be difficult or it's kind of not worth it for me unless I really like the game play.

There's no suffering

There are some I've dropped or thinking of dropping so I'll just mention the major ones >.>

Blur => Car games are a nice change but not for me to platinum 

DanceStar Party HITS => The servers for 2 trophies were already closed when I bought the game T-T what a shame since I loved the game a lot..

Darksiders 2 (ps3 edition) => Closed servers for 1 trophy

Ghost Busters:The Video Game => The servers were already closed when I got the game :/

Inversion => More than 300hours needed for online trophies + hardly enough motivated gamers to play with o-o

Michael Jackson The Experience => Closed server for 1 trophy :(

Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City => Seems impossible with all the cheaters and modders around -_-

進撃の巨人 (Attack on Titans JP version) => Before the English release my nephew was so excited to let me try the game that I didn't pay attention that he did it on my account xP

As for the other pending plats of mine I'm foolishly still have hope for them ^,^"

Darksiders 2 (ps3 edition) => Closed servers for 1 trophy

Lost Planet 3  => Bullshit multiplayer trophies

Watch_Dogs => The fucking "Traced" trophy

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain  => I can't connect to the servers for the only online trophy

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance => I liked the game but not as much for replay it on max difficult and S rank everything

Gran Turismo 5 => I love Gran Turismo but beat all the races/tests/challenges with a gold medal? Come on

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale => I can't play a single online match without getting disconnected

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 => I liked the campaing and the MP (for a week or two) but it requires much time for the MP trophies and also I borrowed the game from a friend

Battlefield 3 => Same as Black Ops 2

Crysis 2 => I didn't replay it because I didn't even liked the game

WET => I borrowed the game from a friend

Mortal Kombat => Sames as WET  and also annoying MP trophies

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood => Annoying MP trophies

GTA IV => Same as Brotherhood and also too much annoying collectables

and maybe more, you can call me lazy ass lol but actually the only ones from the list I would really want to plat are Darksiders 2  and The Phantom Pain

Lot of games, most of them haven't even started them ...

Guitar Hero 5 -> Only have the guitar and online trophies

Rockband 3 -> Same as above

Street Fighter IV -> Online throphies and the challenges

Blazblue Continuum Shift -> Online is dead

Demon's Souls -> Server is closing

Disgaea 3 -> Never got into the series

Batman Arkham Asylum -> Challenges

Killzone 2 -> Online trophies

Warhammer 40000 : Space Marine -> Online trophies

Persona 4 Arena -> Online and challenges also Score Attack mode

Battlefield 3 -> Online trophies

Batman Arkham City -> Same as Asylum

Need For Speed The Run -> Problem with Autolog feature

Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend -> Same as Continuum Shift

Unreal Tournament III -> Closed server

Grand Theft Auto V -> Run Like The Wind trophy

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition -> Same as IV

Destiny -> Stupid me buyed the normal edition without knowing that you have to buy the DLC to get a trophy

Defiance -> Always Online

Mirror's Edge -> Time Trials

Lost Planet 3 -> Online trophies

On 23/01/2018 at 4:47 PM, NanaCheese94 said:

Of my current list. I have a huge backlog of stuff that will probably also contain plats I'll never get. My current list is a little misleading, becaue I had to start over my account when I got the PS4, so I focused on PS3 games I could probably plat first when replaying them.

All of the Batman Arkham games - even though I love those games, it's impossible for me to beat all the fighting challanges :(

Killer is Dead - See below

Asuras Wrath - I just suck at this kind of game, I can never get S rank challanges on hard difficulties

Dead Nation - I feel like if I don't get a partner who's really good at this game I will never make it

Crisis 2 - the 1% will forever mock me because I suck at shooters and only realised it after the tutorial trophy popped

Bioshock Infinite - I think I could probably do it, but I just don't like the game...

Red Dead Redemption - I doubt I will get motivated enough to finish it 100% but time will tell

I feel the pain with the Red Dead Redemption motivation for 100, need a like minded person to smash it. 

My unobtainable is probably Rocksmith, the arcade stuff is just a joke! 

Aliens vs Predator - I don't like it and don't think I can bring myself to even finish it

AC Brotherhood  - Wack job MP trophies, can't be bothered....I started on them at one point and I'm surprised I've not snapped the fucking disc in half

Batman: Arkham Origins  - I dragged my arse through my first playthrough and don't ever intend to play it again....if it wasn't a Batman game I may never have finished it the first time

Dark Souls - Decided to leave it and have at the remaster instead, when it's released

GTA IV  - I'll get around to finishing this someday but the online aspect doesn't appeal to me in the slightest

Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe - Even if the servers were still up, I don't like the game enough to ever play it again

Red Dead Redemption  - Same as GTA IV

Skyrim - I started it but got rid of my PS3 copy when I bought the PS4 version

I think the only PS3 game I still own that I definitely would like the platinum for but will never achieve is Ghostbusters: The Video Game...I love the game and would've loved to have jumped into the MP for a try at least but I was too late.

Any others, I'm still either undecided or just haven't motivated myself to try yet.

On 1/9/2018 at 10:03 PM, Lava_Yuki said:

Tales of Symphonia: Too long, 150 hours of work, 5 playthroughs and no skip scene function. Unfortunately I don't have that patience to rewatch the same scenes over and over, and the game itself looks very dated.

Tales of Symphonia DOTW: I hated this game, mostly Marta as she was so annoying. I only got to the first down before the overload of overly cheesy lovely skits and dialogue made me cringe too much to continue with even just the story.

Disgaea D2, 3 and 4: Too much grinding and repetitive work. These games demand an insane amount of patience and passion for doing the same thing over and over again for hundreds of hours. Not worth it really. 

Tales of Zestiria: Hated this game, rubbish battle system and so much RNG grinding. Also, the overly complex skill sheet is not worth it, and this is the only Tales I truly dislike that it does not even deserve a 2nd playthrough let alone post game stuff.

>Trying to Platinum the Tales series
Unless you're a God or Japanese don't bother, It's like playing Vanilla Fallout New Vegas: Pointless.

You're all missing the point btw when you y'all keep listing games w/ server closures, of course you can't get that Platinum, nobody can. You're supposed to mention Platinums you can't attain by your own ineptitude or ones you cannot be f*cked to get. Not ones that are literally impossible to get for any player in the world. Because mentioning those ones in specific is a moot point, we'd all just be listing the exact same trophies.

Resistance 2 and 3 no longer possible. 

Dishonoured. Just can't stand the game, got it free on plus and just can't get into it at all. Hate stealth games with a passion! Bore the hell out of me. And that trophy for having to finish the game without being seen or killing anyone had got to be the shittest most boring trophy I've ever seen.... It will forever sit at 5%

It's literally redundant mentioning Resistance, literally no one can get it, we may as well all just say Resistance seeing as not a single one of us can get unless the only trophies we never finished were story related.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:38 PM, AlphaOmegaSid said:
  • DizzyDavidson: Since you beat Zico, congratulations to you on that feat, I can see you earning the Platinum for WipeOut HD in the future. If you can pull of barrel rolls with no effort, the WipeOut HD Platinum will be yours. I just cannot get the hang of the controls for this game, period. I love frustrating games that are fun at the same time, but it was not the case for me with this title. 

Sorry didn't see your post. Yeah the barrel rolls are not easy for me either. I could never pull off all of them that were in the guide I used (and I didn't even know about the glitch so it was even harder). Also without auto-pilot I bounce around from wall to wall like a Ping-Pong ball. And with it I'm too slow. I did manage to get gold in 4 events in the last set for elite before I gave up.

However, there's a workaround now that stops the enemy AI firing at you but that won't help with my driving/flying. I downloaded it again after finding it out, but I really gotta be in the right mindset to even attempt it. I'd rather play something else (like anything). It's a shame too because Studio Liverpool made one of my fave F1 games.

Edited by DizzyDavidson

43 minutes ago, MIKEY-L-666 said:

Resistance 2 and 3 no longer possible. 

Dishonoured. Just can't stand the game, got it free on plus and just can't get into it at all. Hate stealth games with a passion! Bore the hell out of me. And that trophy for having to finish the game without being seen or killing anyone had got to be the shittest most boring trophy I've ever seen.... It will forever sit at 5%

You can still get Resistance 3 platinum.

Dirt 3: The DC Challenges are way to hard for me to do.

Battlefield bad company: The online is to grindy (10K kills)/ cant be bothered with it.

Medal of honor frontline:  Hard is just to insane (hardly any health kits.)

Need for speed shift: Don't really like the game and not very good at racing games.

Blur: Same as above ^^^

Battlefield 3/4: Online grind hate.

Maybe my life.

Dragon's Dogma: I don't understand the appeal for this game, it's quite a mess in every department. I gave it another chance this year, but nope, I can't find a reason to like this game.

Everybody's Golf (Vita): too difficult, so probably no chances to get the platinum for me.

On 1/7/2018 at 6:22 PM, Beeinhollywood said:

GTA IV & GTA V. Too time consuming, and I've always found the online for both games confusing

I can help you bro hit me up on psn ill help you get your platinums on gta 4 and gta 5 

My games i cant platinum on ps3 are grand transmo 5 nba live 10 madden 10 midnight club la blitz the league II and ufc 2010 i could of completed these games but i quit on playstation for 7 years and went too xbox from 2010 to 2017 then i came back in 2018 to playstation 

FIFA 14: My 2 younger brothers played this on my account. I despise sports games and find them boring (plus servers are closed i think).

Knights of Zodiac (Caballeros del Zodiaco in spanish): Don't renember how but i got the portuguese version borrowed, my PS3 didn't read it (i presume regional issues between system and disc) and returned the game later.

UFC Undisputed 2010: Again, my brothers played the game on my account and i don't have any interest on touching it. Also, servers are closed

Mirror's Edge: I suffered with the tutorial, i can't imagine the torture going through story mode nor "Time Attack" trophies.

Dishonored: I don't like stealth games (mostly because of my lack of patience). Just passed the 1st mission and dumped the game away (also don't mention the ridiculous requirements for some trophies of the list).

Bioshock: Getting confused with the controls and i didn't like it either.

Knights Contract: Just renembering that to get the platinum i have to make like 6-7 playthroughs, getting everything (items, accesories, lore, etc), grinding through some unfair bosses and God damned glitches makes me cringe.

Black Ops II: That trophy (you know which i am referring to).

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance: I slammed and shattered a PS3 controller to pieces while fighting Monsoon in Normal difficulty. I wonder what can i do if i attempt to tackle this game in his highest difficulty.

MK vs DC: Servers closure. Altough i wll attempt one day to get all the trophies i can from this game. For a strange reason, i actually like it.

And that's only from my current list on my account. I have so many games i even haven't touched on my backlog.

Edited by Vampirehunter145
Correcting some words.

9 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

You can still get Resistance 3 platinum.

Really? Ah sweet I thought 3 was a no go too

14 hours ago, Cynicaljam96 said:

>Trying to Platinum the Tales series
Unless you're a God or Japanese don't bother, It's like playing Vanilla Fallout New Vegas: Pointless.

You're all missing the point btw when you y'all keep listing games w/ server closures, of course you can't get that Platinum, nobody can. You're supposed to mention Platinums you can't attain by your own ineptitude or ones you cannot be f*cked to get. Not ones that are literally impossible to get for any player in the world. Because mentioning those ones in specific is a moot point, we'd all just be listing the exact same trophies.

Tales are just super long but not hard. I have the platinum trophies for Tales of Vesperia, Graces F Xillia, Xillia 2, Innocence R, Hearts R and Berseria. I also had an old account with platinums in Vesperia and Graces, so I did those plats twice. All of them except maybe Xillia (50 hours) and Hearts R (50 Hours) took ages. Graces took 80 hours but the others all took me 120-130 hours. Both Symphonia's and Zestiria are the same in that they hover around the 100+ hour mark, but all the Tales games have a relatively low platinum difficulty rating, usually no more than a 6/10.

The real challenge is the test of ones patience and tolerance for hours of grinding and combing through the game with a fine tooth comb not to miss anything like chests, skits, side quests etc. 

My list:

Gran Turismo 5: Servers are closed.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II: League play function no longer puts you in ranks which prevents me from getting the Big Leagues trophy.

Skate 3: From what I've heard the servers have been shutdown.

I make an effort to get 100% on my games when possible, unfortunately it's impossible to get an 100% profile with the games listed above. 

19 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Tales are just super long but not hard. I have the platinum trophies for Tales of Vesperia, Graces F Xillia, Xillia 2, Innocence R, Hearts R and Berseria. I also had an old account with platinums in Vesperia and Graces, so I did those plats twice. All of them except maybe Xillia (50 hours) and Hearts R (50 Hours) took ages. Graces took 80 hours but the others all took me 120-130 hours. Both Symphonia's and Zestiria are the same in that they hover around the 100+ hour mark, but all the Tales games have a relatively low platinum difficulty rating, usually no more than a 6/10.

The real challenge is the test of ones patience and tolerance for hours of grinding and combing through the game with a fine tooth comb not to miss anything like chests, skits, side quests etc. 

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying you couldn't do it, I'm saying you'd get more enjoyment by pulling the actual teeth out of your mouth.

14 hours ago, Tondenga7200 said:

My list:

Gran Turismo 5: Servers are closed.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II: League play function no longer puts you in ranks which prevents me from getting the Big Leagues trophy.

Skate 3: From what I've heard the servers have been shutdown.

I make an effort to get 100% on my games when possible, unfortunately it's impossible to get an 100% profile with the games listed above. 

Again, mentioning a game w/ closed servers is a moot point, literally nobody can get them, you aren't special for not getting it, no one on this Earth can get it. Mention something like "Kingdom Hearts" that you can't get it because Critical Mode kicks your ass, that kind of thing. But mentioning closed servers, fuck it I could do that, I've never even played Gran Turismo 5 (I think?) I could just say can't get it, servers are closed. It's just a cheap mention because It's just gonna show up 100+ times in this thread. Keep it to games that will not be completed because they're either too hard or you can't be fucked. Server closure just effects literally every single player, at that point all you're doing is stating the obvious that you can't obtain it.