Far Cry 5 Save File Affect New Dawn?

BIOHAZARD-R-US

Does anyone with the game know if having (or not having) a save file on the system affect anything in New Dawn? I know this is a standalone sequel/spin-off, but being the first time the Far Cry has had this, I didn't know if something like what TellTale did with The Walking Dead was implemented here. I just 100% Far Cry 5 and am eager to get it off my system, but didn't know if deleting it also deletes the save file from the system storage. Wanted to ask this before I acted upon my eagerness.

They did something similar with FC3 and FC: Blood Dragon for the PS3. In that case, the FC3 save file had nothing to do with Blood Dragon (no special unlocks, weapons, skins etc.). I am assuming this would be the same case. 

However, to answer your second question, deleting the game off of your system does NOT delete the save game. You have to go into 'Save Data Management' to delete any game saves. (Which I do not recommend ever doing, I did it with Rocket League and got screwed when the DLC came out).

• Like 1