STEINS;GATE ELITE trophy thoughts?

ShadowStar83x

42 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Sorry to derail, but while we have an active thread relating to it, can someone tell me 

A: What the hell is Steins Gate?

B: Why is there a new game of it seemingly every other week?

A: Steins;Gate is a visual novel about a group of characters that discover a way to time travel and like most time travel stories, there are severe consequences. There's also a very good anime adaptation that's worth watching.

B: I suppose it has to do with Steins;Gate's popularity. The two major stories are Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0, 0 being something you should watch/play after you've gotten through most of Steins;Gate. The other games are spin-offs or side stories. Steins;Gate Elite is essentially the Steins;Gate anime turned into a game or rather the VN turned into an anime. There are also additional scenarios from the VN that were animated for this game.

Edited by ObliviousSenpai
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

Oh man I would've loved to have experienced this for the first time but the OG VN still holds well. I can't see myself playing it twice because all that mystique (basically what drew me in) is now gone once you know what happened. 

Otherwise looks excellent for new comers

This exactly. I won't be playing it again sadly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

Oh man I would've loved to have experienced this for the first time but the OG VN still holds well. I can't see myself playing it twice because all that mystique (basically what drew me in) is now gone once you know what happened. 

Otherwise looks excellent for new comers

While there are seemingly no trophies for it, Elite includes an entirely separate game that was never localized until now - Linear Bounded Phenogram. It's a bunch of short stories from the perspective of other characters in the game instead of just Okabe.

So there's still some value for people who have played the game before and know the plot already (although I'm excited to relive that as well personally, and to see how they adapt the anime into a VN without it looking jerky and awkward as it pauses every few seconds for a text box)

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, madbuk said:

While there are seemingly no trophies for it, Elite includes an entirely separate game that was never localized until now - Linear Bounded Phenogram. It's a bunch of short stories from the perspective of other characters in the game instead of just Okabe.

So there's still some value for people who have played the game before and know the plot already (although I'm excited to relive that as well personally, and to see how they adapt the anime into a VN without it looking jerky and awkward as it pauses every few seconds for a text box)

Oh wow I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know! 

I just happened to play the game recently so everything is super fresh in my mind. If I was to buy it, it's going to have be years from now and hope that my memory gets fuzzy ( actually I don't want that :P )

• Like 1

Just now, AlchemistWer said:

I really want the limite edition of Steins;Gate elite, but the price is a bit high 1f605.png I really looking forward play Steins;Gate again!

I thought the same about getting the LE , it was like the Double of the normal version to get like a artbook and not much more . So i ended up only pre-ordering the normal version to replay it all over again and also play linear of phenogram although i played already and plat on PS3 , have the Vita version to plat aswell and watched the anime like 4 times :v

12 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Sorry to derail, but while we have an active thread relating to it, can someone tell me 

A: What the hell is Steins Gate?

B: Why is there a new game of it seemingly every other week?

Although everything that @ObliviousSenpai said is true, more than a story about time-travel,"Steins;Gate" is a magnificent story about love and friendship. I don't know if you're into that, but, if you are, it's definitely a must play.

• Like 1

Wait a minute, the original release of Linear Bounded Phenogram in Japan actually had trophies (including a platinum). I suspect there may be an issue with it syncing to PSN, I can't imagine them bringing the game to the US and just leaving all the trophies out.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2300-steinsgate-線形拘束のフェノグラム

2 hours ago, Sigma999 said:

I thought the same about getting the LE , it was like the Double of the normal version to get like a artbook and not much more . So i ended up only pre-ordering the normal version to replay it all over again and also play linear of phenogram although i played already and plat on PS3 , have the Vita version to plat aswell and watched the anime like 4 times :v

Haha, I don't know how many times already play Steins;Gate, like two or three times on pc 2 on playstation plataform plus the anime 1 time long long time ago. ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EmperorZetta said:

Wait a minute, the original release of Linear Bounded Phenogram in Japan actually had trophies (including a platinum). I suspect there may be an issue with it syncing to PSN, I can't imagine them bringing the game to the US and just leaving all the trophies out.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2300-steinsgate-線形拘束のフェノグラム

Yeah but Japan also got LBP with Elite, and there isn't a Japanese PS4 list for it. Maybe it's a case of the console tags not being right and it's the same list as the PS3 version?

Edited by madbuk

4 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

Oh wow I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know! 

I just happened to play the game recently so everything is super fresh in my mind. If I was to buy it, it's going to have be years from now and hope that my memory gets fuzzy ( actually I don't want that :P )

I actually saw the anime before I bought the game, and I loved reading through the additional endings as the anime only followed the "true ending." Granted, it did take away some of the impact of the 'You know what', but I still enjoyed it all the same as the story itself is timeless. I'm excited about this just for the animated cut scenes (hopefully for all the endings as well). I think that alone makes it worth picking up at some point even if you can remember every line of the game (good luck with that one). Though, I personally want to see how it looks exactly before going all in.

6 hours ago, madbuk said:

Since I've watched the anime and played the original VN, I think I'll just play that Linear Bounded Phenogram stuff, and try out the main game a bit just to see how the anime integration works but will otherwise skip through to add another Steins:Gate plat to the list.

I much prefer playing VN's on Vita (I find it a great way to fall asleep) compared to sitting at a PC / console reading; so it's good to remember that Remote Play is a thing for a potential future run of this.

Edited by BOOTP
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, BOOTP said:

I much prefer playing VN's on Vita (I find it a great way to fall asleep) compared to sitting at a PC / console reading; so it's good to remember that Remote Play is a thing for a potential future run of this.

Good point right there if you get the PS4 version and want to play handheld mode on Vita or there's also getting on the Switch to play handheld mode but not getting Linear Bounded Phenogram and instead get the 8-bit adventure-style like on Famicom/NES graphics of the original S;G .

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I actually saw the anime before I bought the game, and I loved reading through the additional endings as the anime only followed the "true ending." Granted, it did take away some of the impact of the 'You know what', but I still enjoyed it all the same as the story itself is timeless. I'm excited about this just for the animated cut scenes (hopefully for all the endings as well). I think that alone makes it worth picking up at some point even if you can remember every line of the game (good luck with that one). Though, I personally want to see how it looks exactly before going all in.

Well I'm happy that you're looking forward to it! 

I've stacked a few games before using the ps3 and ps4 versions but that was only because it had gameplay elements else I wouldn't have bought it twice for the story. Idk I'm weird like that :p. It's like once I know what happens I lose my motivation to play. That's why I find it difficult to play a game more than once unless the playthroughs are different from one another (i.e Nier Automata). 

I might buy it again though but It's just a matter of when!