Is Anyone Having Issues With The Trophy "Got Gud"?

MrTacoNinja

I ran through the game on Extreme and this trophy never popped. I've been told that if a puppet dies as long as you load a previous save you'll be okay, that the trophy will still unlock. Well, mine didn't. Now I have to run through this damn game again for the 4rth time. Although I'm a bit concerned because a player over on KalypsoMedia is also saying that "Got Gud" never unlocked for him either.

Man, same situation here. 4 playthroughs and didn't get the trophy. I tried on oldschool, three different endings, different main character. I'm suspecting that stupid test of Anger to mess up the trophy. I emailed Kalypso support to ask them but they just confirmed that the test "will not impact the trophy in any way" so I don't know.:angry:

I did it on Extreme. Now I'm wondering if I should even bother to attempt this trophy again. You ran through the entire game on Hard with not a single puppet death and no attempts at save manipulations yet the trophy never unlocked for you so I'm wondering: do I even bother at this point? I'm assuming you have a EU copy? Digital or disc? And what does your version say?

I have a NA disc copy and the version is 1.07. I contacted the devs immediately after receiving the link you provided (thanks, by the way) so I'm wondering if I'm going to get a bullshit excuse or if they're genuinely going to look into this. Why has this become the norm nowadays, devs releasing games with bugged trophies and when they release a patch to fix it they bug something else? It's fucking irritating!

I have the EU disc copy with the latest patch installed (1.08). I'm suspecting the patch to mess up because I noticed that nobody got the trophy from end of November.

I'm trying one more time. I deleted the game and reinstalled it without the patch so playing with version 1.00. So far it's fine,not so much changes or bugs.

Actually it's not bad, I haven't encountered any game breaking bug. Some enemies are sometimes popping out of nowhere (like spiders just appearing instead of coming from the ground). The main issue I have is with the gear stats, it's a bit less clear to determine which weapon or armor is better but again not a big deal. And thankfully the loading time between zones is shorter.

I'm in the Outlands now and difficulty wise it might be a bit easier especially because of the hitbox that seems a bit less unfair (some enemies seem slower and don't hit you when you're 5 meters away) but that may be because I know the game by heart now, after all it's my 6th playthrough <_<

Did you know about the soulstone exploit? I see by the notes in the patches that version 1.01 fixes it. I knew about it for a while and knew that it was patched but now that we're both playing the vanilla version it might be worth checking out. I guess there's a certain soulstone (Soulstone of Necromancer) that gives unlimited charges. This might come in handy early on when Silver is tight and ya don't really have the money like that to keep recharging it.

Truthfully I don't feel like waiting around - possibly for nothing - for these developers to maybe do something about that damn trophy so I'm just going to press on and try to get this game finished. Let me know if you run into any game-breaking bugs, find any cool exploits and what, if any, characters/skills break the game and make it a cakewalk.

-UPDATE-

So far I've come across and tested several Soulstone of Necromancer amulets (and a couple of other amulets as well) and none of them have given me an unlimited charge. Over on Steam a dude brought this up and said he had no idea where he got it but was able to use it infinitely and even included a picture of which amulet it was (Soulstone of Necromancy). The patch notes for the PS4 said they fixed the exploit... but like I said, I have yet to even come across this exploit so who knows.

I didn't know about that soulstone exploit. The soulstone of Necromancy is a lvl 5 anyway so it's good for the beginning of the game but quickly you will find better ones.

I usually use Jasker (arrow rain and the zombie summon skill), Zaar (packmaster and axe throw), and Sebekan (chain lightning and storm).

Do you think we can die and just reload the latest save or don't die at all? I'm making slow progress now cos I'm super cautious to not die but if reloading saves is fine I would speedrun the whole thing!

A dude I've been talking to over PSN said he got the trophy by simply either reloading a save prior to a puppet death (so save often) or just letting his entire team get wiped. Why you'd do the latter is beyond me but he said the trophy unlocked for him without any issues while he played on the latest patch at the time, which was 1.04. 

I have yet to come across any amulet that gives you an infinite amount of charges so I have no clue how the dude on Steam did it or why the devs felt the need to "patch the exploit" on the PS4. I don't know but eventually I'm going to stop looking for and testing this "exploit" because like you said, you get better shit eventually anyway.

Right, I guess getting your team killed just got you to the game over screen thus forcing you to reload your previous save (so it's pointless, just reload your save after one puppet died).

But if someone got the trophy before us without any issues then I strongly believe that the latest patch is the cause.

Anyway I'm gonna speedrun to finish this asap and if the trophy doesn't pop, well like Shakespear said: fuck it! :pimp: