Is Anyone Having Issues With The Trophy "Got Gud"?

MrTacoNinja

Devourer: 

1) Frost Chain

2) Shadow Wave (I swap Wave for Shadow Blink once I can level it to 3 though)

3) Soul Rend

Jasker:

1) Through and Through

2) Undead Slaver

3) Arrow of Slavery

Ironclad Zombie:

1) Earthquake

2) Bone Armor

3) Come Here! (absolutely retarded name for a skill, don't ya think, lol?).

Zaar: 

1) Double Slash

2) Axe Throw

3) Berserk

Once I get Carissa as a puppet I boot Zaar. This is what my set-up was on Extreme as well. I find myself sometimes wondering if the game switched to Easy difficulty on me because Hard has been absolutely piss-easy, lol! Extreme difficulty... UGH!!! What an absolute MOTHER FUCKER that difficulty was! So unfair, so unbalanced. So glad it's over with. Now if only "Got Gud" would freak'n pop so I can be done with this damn game!

I just got done with fighting Sebekan. The key to beating that annoying fight was to continually stun-lock his ass. Hit him with Earthquake with Ironclad, switch to Zaar and go to town on him. When he comes out of stun hit him with Axe Throw with Zaar to stun him again. Rinse and repeat. I was able to finish this fight quickly with this method.

• Like 1

I find Ironclad zombie too slow and too big, he always got hit even when far away from enemies (one major issue of the game anyway). I find Sebekan useful cos he can stun/freeze multiple enemies but he's really weak on defense that's the problem.

1 hour ago, MrTacoNinja said:

I find myself sometimes wondering if the game switched to Easy difficulty on me because Hard has been absolutely piss-easy, lol!

I had the same impression when I passed from Extreme to Hard! Extreme is total bs like you said: unbalanced and unfair. after my first try I thought I was on normal or easy so that's why I didn't get the trophy lol If you want a real challenge try to kill the blind demon on Extreme, absolute nightmare.

By the time I got to Extreme I knew how to avoid every difficult fight... well, each difficult fight that was even more difficult than the usual difficult fights, that is. These guys really need to learn how to make an RPG because right now they're terrible at it.

Worth noting, I suppose, that the quest to obtain the Greyclaw staff (Kyallisar) isn't activating. Bugged on the vanilla version perhaps?

-UPDATE-

LOL, figures. Two seconds after posting it finally activated. Slightly bugged is the verdict then because this shit wouldn't activate for the longest no matter what I did.

Edited by MrTacoNinja

French, I have some questions for you:

1) Did you fight the Serpent Worm or avoid the fight during your first initial contact with him?

2) During this initial visit did you have the Serpent Crown on you?

3) What's your progress?

I'm asking these questions because I want to help you (and other players in the future in case these devs never patch this trophy and are forced to do what we did) avoid a complete fucking headache by not having to fight that Mara bitch in the end. The unpatched version is a bit different on how you go about doing this and thank freaking god I saved right before I talked to her because had I not I would've been stuck trying to fight her and honestly, I would've had to start all over again because that bitch is IMPOSSIBLE to beat on Hard and Extreme.

It took me several hours to figure out how but damn man, I was so relieved when I figured it out! The method I always used to avoid fighting her wasn't working. My method was always: (1) During my first initial visit with the Serpent Worm (right after finishing those 3 pointless tests at the Ziggurat of the Sun) I'd have the Serpent Crown on me and I'd avoid the fight with him. (2) Confront Mara and accept her offer to kill Krenze (3) Don't kill Krenze but instead enlist the aide of the Serpent Worm. Krenze would then open the portal, I'd go seek his aide and boom, done. 

Except... he "opens the portal" but no portal ever appears. When you take the long way around to get back to the Serpent Worm to enlist his aide it completely bugs out - they're both frozen in time, staring at eachother with no dialogue to be had, therefore not letting you advance any further. I believe it even says in the patch notes that this is something that happened to everyone and the devs had to fix it. No matter how many save reloads I tried this was the end result so I said "Yay, I'm fucked and have to try to attempt to beat Lady Mara..." and failed miserably over and over again, lol! 

Soooo, a few hours and save reloads later I "cracked the code" and figured out how to get myself out of this stinky little pickle:

1) Avoid fighting the Serpent Worm while having the Serpent Crown in your possession during your first initial visit.

2) When your in the end game and have the quest to "Confront Lady Mara" go back to the Serpent Worm before doing anything else and fight him.

3) Go confront Lady Mara.

4) Accept the offer to kill Krenze.

5) Don't kill Krenze and seek the aide of the Serpent Worm during your dialogue with Krenze. He'll "open the portal", the portal never opens so head back to the Serpent Worm taking the only way back (through the Ziggurat of the Sun portal).

6) Once there The Serpent Worm will want to fight again - fight him. He'll then offer his aide. 

This is how I did it and it obviously worked for me so hopefully it does for you and others as well. 

Edited by MrTacoNinja

That involves a lot of running lol Increase your movement speed to get away from her.

- The first form is relatively straightforward: hit her and her demons from afar.

- When you have to push the boulders, use Sebekan, he's super fast while the other puppets are slow as ass. That way you can easily break the barriers around the crucible and Mara can't regenerate too much life.

- For the final form: never stop moving and running away from her to avoid her stunning attack. When she summons her demons, annihilate them with Sebekan's chain lightning and storm or the Devourer's tentacles and freeze. Summon Jasker's undeads or Zaar's pack to keep Mara busy and hit her while she's not focused on you. Rinse and repeat.

That technique is a bit long but that worked well for me so far, I even beat her with Kalig as my main on my Extreme playthrough. For me the Blind Demon is waaaaay harder, and he's only level 28 while Mara is level 35. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

i think it's not so hard in extreme if you set up properly party and skills, seems impossible if you play with a "generic built", unfortunately trophy "got gud" didn't show up for me (the only recorded die was during the trial where i think you need to die).

i will do next run on Hard hoping for a "speed run" because on extreme i think i spent over 50 hours.

it's a great game in my opinion but crashed around 12 times and has many bugs:
for example sometimes zaar off hand became not configurable (you should open the off hand menu of another character and switch between to change zaar's weapon) and sometimes armor/rings etc switch random to other equip (i found some boots as ring and a one handed weapon as armor 2 times, in that case i reloaded last save).

for last boss fight i suggest to respec party boosting endurance/strenght/agility and demon damage and spam carissa buffs after summoning jesker skeleton and activate ironclad shield.

my final battle(with no die) in extreme:

Edited by Gioz85_ita

Just completed my Extreme run and only have this trophy to get. Was hoping it would have been patches by now. Once I get home I'm going to check what version I have as alot of people are saying its 1.07 that is glitched. I also have digital version so uninstalling patches isn't an option for me :(

Really enjoyed this game I hope the devs dont leave it broken. I had a similar experience with Vikings Wolves of midgard with Ringer of runes trophy but this was fixed eventually via patch so I'm hoping for the same here.

Man that is really disappointing to hear, sorry you had the bad luck of running through it while glitched. I was just about to start mine but now with the comfirmed information that it is indeed still glitched on 1.08 then I will not. Thanks for the heads up and I guess we both will just need to wait for a patch before getting this platinum :( 

now i'm playing a kalig run (i still need his questline trophy and the oldschool one) trying to do different quest/game events to see if the trophy will pop out this time.

i need the "100 deaths trophy" too(never tried to get that because of the "no die trophy") but i think this should be a very easy task if i reload one of my past saves to suicide myself in Kogog'Ak where there are storm/ice/fire/poison chambers near a sanctuary.

Edited by Gioz85_ita
  • Like 1