Having trouble with Dark Inferno...

ARH65512

I beat him without said weapon (been using Heroes Pride, fully upgraded, it does the job for me), and not level 99.  Granted, I am on Standard Mode myself... I did beat him around level 70 and yeah, he was a right pain for sure.  I mean, whenever he would attack me, I would do my best to do the counter move to get hits in (and a bit of an invincibility frame in too).  Just putting the hurt on him is all I did, even when he would counter attack.

Just bring potions and ethers into the fight too, so if you use Curaga and need to recharge your mp, an ether will fix that, or a potion if you need to.

Easy way to do it, especially if you're going for the Platinum, just get Sora to Level 99, Ultima Keyblade, do a couple shotlocks, form change with finisher, transform to dark Sora when able to, heal when necessary, and like mention above some potions and ethers. I beat him first try that way, tried him on low level, got slaughtered. 

Edited by Nitemares-----

I beat him at level 70 on Standard with the Ultima, and all i did was rush rush rush him.

Like seriously, I didn't try to be all fancy and tactical with blocking and junk; whenever he gave me an opportunity to Counter Slash, I took it regardless of whether or not he he was in a combo, because I knew if I let up, he would never STOP comboing me. 9/10 I was able to stagger him in return, or get my bearings and heal with Cure or an item. Use Ultimas transform the second it becomes available, and continue to mash attack since it gravitates you towards him automatically.

Did this my first try at level 57 without the Ultima keyblade on Proud. What is my secret you say?

Pack as many elixers as you can hold, and start by hacking wildly, when you are almost dead activate simba and go to town. After hes gone, just glide around in a wide circle while you wait for your MP to recharge, then hack and Simba again. Eventually on the last phase Simba becomes ineffective so you just smash away (used favorite deputy keyblade) and pop off your shotlocks. I can't even imagine how fast this guy dies with the Ultimate Keyblade.

Happy hunting

Edited by phoenix_shade

I did at Level 50 using Highwind, lots of magic, and lots of Ethers, Elixirs and Payback Strikes to defeat it. I had a Kupo Coin in my inventory that prevented me from dying so I recommend having that in your arsenal just in case. I managed to defeat him with lots of countering and combos.