A note on "Decked Out"

rdhight

If you go into your inventory, your teammates' status bars will expand to show what armor, helmet, knockdown shield, etc. they have equipped. If your team just hit the supply ship or other high-tier loot area and you have one of the two gold pieces needed, you can always quickly check if the other one belongs to a teammate. Then just go on mic and ask nicely to borrow it!

1 hour ago, rdhight said:

If you go into your inventory, your teammates' status bars will expand to show what armor, helmet, knockdown shield, etc. they have equipped. If your team just hit the supply ship or other high-tier loot area and you have one of the two gold pieces needed, you can always quickly check if the other one belongs to a teammate. Then just go on mic and ask nicely to borrow it!

Can confirm this to work. I had someone from my squad drop the helmet while i already had the armor on, and it popped.  Then I dropped both my armor and the helmet, and that person received the trophy as well.

Unlike "Fully Kitted" where if someone already equipped the gun, the trophy will NOT pop if you try dropping it for another teammate.

2 hours ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

Unlike "Fully Kitted" where if someone already equipped the gun, the trophy will NOT pop if you try dropping it for another teammate.

Thats not true! The trophy poped for me with this method. 

Edited by OBSTINATIO
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

Hmph. Didnt seem to do so for me. May have been a fluke? I dont know. I had a friend do the same thing I mentioned with the helmet and it did not pop for me. It wasnt til I found a golden gun myself laying around somewhere.

I believe there are some gold guns that are not "Fully Kitted"

30 minutes ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

Hmph. Didnt seem to do so for me. May have been a fluke? I dont know. I had a friend do the same thing I mentioned with the helmet and it did not pop for me. It wasnt til I found a golden gun myself laying around somewhere.

Was it possibly a Mastiff or a Kraber Sniper? I've picked those up multiple times (they're gold) and no trophy. I guess because they have no attachment slots? We found a gold Peacekeeper with 3 gold attachments laying around and passed that around to all get the trophy.

Mastiff and Kraber are golden, but not "fully kitted." The weapon you want for "fully kitted" will be one of the regular guns available in the game, but it will be golden and have a full set of all golden attachments. These are usually found in the hot zone or inside gold lootbots. Most of the ones I've found have been R-301s and Prowlers.

Dropping one of these for a buddy will pop the trophy.

15 hours ago, GT-LegendXO said:

I believe there are some gold guns that are not "Fully Kitted"

There are, which I figured out later on.

15 hours ago, PMD_E1337Pete said:

Was it possibly a Mastiff or a Kraber Sniper? I've picked those up multiple times (they're gold) and no trophy. I guess because they have no attachment slots? We found a gold Peacekeeper with 3 gold attachments laying around and passed that around to all get the trophy.

It couldve been the mastiff, which I mightve confused for a differenr shotgun. I know it wasnt the Kraber, as Ive had it before. I understand why those wouldnt be considered "Fully Kitted", as there are no attachments on them, I just cant recall which it actually was. But again, it couldve easily been the mastiff, as I just tried picking it up for the trophy and then giving it back to my friend again immediately after.  It was early on when I first started playing, so excuse my lack of rememberance (even though it was only a little over a week ago xD )

I just advise everyone to ignore my previous statement and to take the word of these gentlemen, that it does work, for both "Decked Out" and "Fully Kitted"

Got decked out last night with a friend. He had a gold helmet from the beginning and with 3 squads left we killed a lone guy (last of his squad) I checked his crate and he had gold armor. I quickly grabbed it and had my friend drop his helmet. Then I dropped both for him and we both got the trophy. We ended up losing because the 3rd squad came in immediately after he put them back on but it was worth it. 

• Like 1

It seems the RNG gods are not on my side haha! I'm level 30 and have not yet seen Golden Armour and a Golden Helmet in the same game. 

I did however get the "Fully Kitted" Trophy after picking up a Golden Wingman out of a Deathbox if that helps anyone to know!