What's the plan for when PSN IDs become changeable?

Most of you probably are aware that Sony will allow PSN users to change their PSN ID/Display names soon(ish). I was just wondering how that will affect PSNprofiles? Like, if I were to change my ID to something other than 'Rusty2366', would all my forum posts be transferred to my new name? Or would I basically have to make a whole new account for this site with my new name?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019/2/18 at 11:26 AM, jamaicanchampion said:

Someone from the guide team made a post about it. Changing your name means making a new profile. Your trophies will carry over but things like trophy cabinet, premium, forum profile and post, guides, and profile views will not carry over 

Can vouch、 I changed my name and reverted back but still reset my psnprofiles fourm account going back. Though I might have deleted original account when I swapped I can't rememeber. Though does add like a new one

Though sure they will address this

Edited by SeniorUser

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 7:22 AM, SeniorUser said:

Can vouch、 I changed my name and reverted back but still reset my psnprofiles fourm account going back. Though I might have deleted original account when I swapped I can't rememeber. Though does add like a new one

Though sure they will address this

Is it true that changing your name messes up all your previous save files on PS3? Or was that just a rumour?