Legendary Slackjaw... At my wit's end.

MrBeens

OK, does anyone have any kind of help to catch this fucker?  It seems completely impossible.  I can catch any other fish in the game, even the biggest ones up to this point pretty much without any issue.  I know to let out the line when it gets tense, and row after the fish when he gets out of range of the maximum line let out.

But this fucker is impossible.  I've literally tried about 50 times with absolutely zero luck.  He snaps the line every single time.  No matter what I do.  I hold down the release line at the slightest indication of any tension and it still breaks.  I've even had it break when he's swimming away not even quickly and there's like.01% tension on the line.  It seems like he can swim faster than the line will let out.  If he decides to go away in a straight line it's automatic game over.  Or he'll swim into the side of the lake, cliffs/beach, etc. and the collision detection will spaz out and the line will snap.  Or my personal favorite, he'll swim behind you and since the PSVR can't track behind you, you have to use the click turn, which registers as your pole snapping 90 degrees in a directon, causing the line to break.

This game was absolutely one of the best VR experiences I've had up until this.  Now I think it's just fucking stupid.  Why did they have to spike the difficulty from 2 to 11?  I get he's the boss fish, but fucking Demon's souls is ten times easier than this.

What the hell am I missing???

I caught him by using the oldest trick in the book.  I complained about it online.  Seriously, after days of failure, I landed him 1 hour after making this post.

Unfortunately, I didn't do anything special or different to catch him.  It just seems the RNG gods smiled on me for that attempt.  I didn't even have to row after him, he stayed near my boat the whole time.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MrBeens said:

I caught him by using the oldest trick in the book.  I complained about it online.  Seriously, after days of failure, I landed him 1 hour after making this post.

Unfortunately, I didn't do anything special or different to catch him.  It just seems the RNG gods smiled on me for that attempt.  I didn't even have to row after him, he stayed near my boat the whole time.

I'm glad you landed him, I probably spent upwards of 4 hours trying to catch him one night.

• Like 1