Arcesius' Pursuit of Completion

Arcesius

I see you have Pumped BMX+. Compared to Trials Fusion this is an absolute cakewalk, but don't underestimate it.

The one gold trophy is what you'll be spending most of all your time on. It doesn't start getting annoying until you hit the Pro and Legend challenges, but there is thankfully plenty of video guides on YouTube should you get stuck.

Once you get that out of the way, all of the stunt specific trophies shouldn't take more than 15 - 30 minutes.

Nice write up, I've been looking forward to it! You know how I feel about this game and it seems that we are in agreement on most of the aspects of the game. I guess I might refer in a comment to a thing or two from your review, but that will have to wait as I'm just leaving for the weekend. 

As for Trials Rising, I guess it is possible that you will enjoy it on a similar level to Trials Fusion, though the game is generally more tedious (but at the same time much less difficult for returning players) - there are far more tracks to complete and at some point I stopped caring, I would just get a gold medal and move on, never really tried to improve any times, in Fusion, on the other hand, I got much more familiar with the tracks (as there were nowhere nearly as many of them). For ninja riding, Trials is much less appealing, unfortunately, as the way the bike handles is changed considerably (e.g. super stiff front suspension, but also the so-called magnet - it's possible to climb up vertical walls much more effortlessly than in Fusion, which takes away from satisfaction). Well, I will definitely follow your progression in Trials Rising and be interested to know what you think of it :D 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Arcesius said:

I actually finished the game yesterday. Unfortunately, I really can't say that this is a good game, but at least it was only 4€ 1f605.png

Anyways, now that I've played it as well, lemme just say this again in case you ever decide to play Trials: Pumped BMX+ and Trials Fusion are really not very similar. There are some FMX tracks in Trials that you could argue play a bit similarly to Pumped BMX+, but overall these are two very different games. 

In fact, I would argue that Pumped BMX+ has a lot more in common with OlliOlli2 than Trials (btw. congrats on finishing that one!). Just mentioning it in case you ever decide to pick it up 1f642.png

Obviously it's a low budget indie title that only a niche audience would be interested in, so can't expect too much. I definitely enjoyed the soundtrack, much like OlliOlli2's soundtrack. Kept me in the mood to keep going.

Despite my troubles I didn't struggle as much with OlliOlli2 as I thought I would. Maybe it was me finishing the original OlliOlli that prepared me for the sequel. I would not recommend that game though. It's rather frustrating and RAD mode is just balls. The timing just felt off when I was going for that gold trophy.

Should I go through with Trials I could have a trophy that replaces my Meat Boy platinum as my rarest trophy. Definitely more doable than Sine Mora, that game is just an insane shmup, and I'm bad at shmups.

I already commented on your Trials Fusion accomplishment on the Platinum thread. Awesome job, you express good writing and attention to detail.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 1:09 AM, Arcesius said:

Thanks a lot for the feedback!! Absolutely nothing wrong with using the idea for your own thread. Are you thinking about starting one soon? 

Now that I have a bit more time due to work slowing down, I'm thinking of finally starting one, just need to put together how to format the first post. I also would like to write my thoughts on TLOU2 after I finish my 2nd play-through for the rest of the trophies.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 11:49 AM, det_gittes said:

Nice write up, I've been looking forward to it! You know how I feel about this game and it seems that we are in agreement on most of the aspects of the game. I guess I might refer in a comment to a thing or two from your review, but that will have to wait as I'm just leaving for the weekend. 

Thanks! I hope you had a fantastic weekend :)

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I'm entirely happy with the write-up. On the one hand, I could easily write a long essay about this fantastic game (same goes for Nioh 2, by the way), but trying to stick to the new format I needed to really narrow down what I want to say. We have discussed the game a lot in this checklist anyways, but still... 

On the other hand, maybe it's easier to read if it doesn't look like a PhD Thesis ?

On 7/12/2020 at 2:30 AM, Spaz said:

Despite my troubles I didn't struggle as much with OlliOlli2 as I thought I would. Maybe it was me finishing the original OlliOlli that prepared me for the sequel. 

Yeah I told you it isn't that hard :) But I also saw that at the same time you gave it an 8.5..? Did it really feel that challenging? 

Also, how far did you progress on your alt? I remember that you wrote you played all the way through Titan Sky, but did you do all challenges on your alt as well?

Should I go through with Trials I could have a trophy that replaces my Meat Boy platinum as my rarest trophy. Definitely more doable than Sine Mora, that game is just an insane shmup, and I'm bad at shmups.

I couldn't really tell you how it compares to Sine Mora since I don't own the latter and am generally not very interested in Shmups myself. But maybe @BB-BakkerJ or @Mori could quickly let us know how challenging Sine Mora really is..? ? They completed both Trials and Sine Mora, and we have talked about challenging games quite a bit. Trials came up a lot, while Sine Mora really never entered the conversation... Dariusburst and Ikaruga on the other hand, those seem to be really hard Shmups. 

I already commented on your Trials Fusion accomplishment on the Platinum thread. Awesome job, you express good writing and attention to detail.

Thanks a lot for the kind words :) I hope the new format is more digestable than the endless rumbling I had going on before. 

Next review in the queue is BioShock Remastered! Should be able to get it together very soon :) 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 4

Well, I played the PS4 version of Sine Mora which is supposed to be the easiest. Sine Mora is nowhere near as difficult as Trials Fusion. It’s still a challenging game though.

The hardest things to do is getting an A ranking on Score Attack on all stages & clearing a stage on Insane difficulty without picking up powerups.

When you play score attack the difficulty is set to hard. There is really not much room for error. But when you go for this you will already know the stages. That’s why I liked this game so much. There is no RNG, only a few bosses change their patterns, so you can memorize this game easily. All enemy spawnpoints, where to fly, etc.. 

Now clearing a stage on insane without picking up anything is tough and maybe requires a little bit of luck. But if you can clear Score Attack you can clear this. It took me about 8 hours of practice before I got it. It’s a great game if you like these type of shoot m ups. 

@Spaz You can’t go wrong with either Trials Fusion or Sine Mora. They’re both amazing games. You should play both ?.

Edit:

A little throwback to my awesome fail video. I was playing with such low sound I didn’t hear the pickup. And I was too focused to see that I had double firepower. I was really shocked when I got hit in the last few seconds and saw the powerup drop ?. 

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Yeah I told you it isn't that hard :) But I also saw that at the same time you gave it an 8.5..? Did it really feel that challenging? 

Also, how far did you progress on your alt? I remember that you wrote you played all the way through Titan Sky, but did you do all challenges on your alt as well?

I wouldn't say that. Difficulty is subjective. What's easy for you may be hard for me, and vice versa.

That account I only use to try out games. I have another alt that I plan to make a 100 percent account, but I'll probably only play on it once a month or so, usually to replay games I enjoyed immensely.

Edited by Spaz

BB pretty much said everything, so I have nothing to add, except that Sine Mora and Raiden V are great starting entries to Shmups. They offer a nice challenge and give you a proper impression on wether you enjoy the genre or not. 

I also dont think you can compare Trials to Shmups. Trials took a lot more effort and time though.

Edited by Mori
  • Like 2

@BB-BakkerJ did the PS4 version though. I heard the PS3 and Vita versions of Sine Mora are much more difficult, as the trophy rarities show.

I'm just not that good at shmups. Got frustrated getting the last few medals for Sky Force Anniversary, and that is a relatively easy shmup when you compare that game to a lot of others. Just not my strong suit.

Edited by Spaz

That's yet another game done! After my vacation I decided to get back to Action Henk and finish it. This is one weird ass game, but I really enjoyed it! Was a lot of fun, and overall 4€ well spent. 

@Spaz you asked me how this one compares to something like OlliOlli2... It doesn't, at least not really. Sure, it's "2D"-ish, but the mechanics are very different. It's also not about getting high scores, there are no tricks at all, you can really only jump and slide (but there are more advanced techniques using those two principles, too), it's about getting fast times, and getting the best medals is really a matter of precision.

In terms of challenge, something similar happens here as in OlliOlli2.. most of the worlds / levels are pretty straightforward once you get used to the game's mechanics.. and then the last world is a difficulty spike that I wasn't anticipating. Same thing as with Titan Sky in that regard. 

Overall I would still say that Action Henk is slightly more challenging than OlliOlli2, but that might just be me. Getting a Rainbow medal on the last set of levels really wasn't too easy. Certainly doable, though. 

Also, @det_gittes, I hope you don't mind if I answer to your post here :) Let me quote your post! 

Haha, I've noticed that you couldn't wait any longer 1f604.png What's your first impression? Don't mind being brief as I expect you to have more to say about the game along the way and I don't want to rush you 1f609.png If I may say something, I played it last night as well as I want to pass this pesky Orange Belt, which I haven't yet as there are two super annoying obstacles, and unfortunately it still runs much worse than Trials Fusion - not only are loading times longer but the PS4 is loud as a jet engine whenever I pause the game or in the menus - so I, for one, will not be changing my mind as to which game is superior :D But the graphics are great (once the textures fully load 1f601.png). 

This is about Trials Rising! And you are right, I couldn't wait any longer ? I wanted to finish Action Henk before starting either this or Nex Machina, but since I also want to write a guide for Nex while playing, I thought I'd quickly get Trials done first. There are many things I like, and some that I'm not too excited about.. I don't have my thoughts ordered yet, so I'll just write down what comes to mind :) 

First of all, this is just more Trials.. and that's just awesome ? I also dig the rock / punk theme a LOT more than the futuristic thing Fusion had going on. Starting a track just to have Trivium double-bass away in the background is just amazing :D I like the aesthetics and graphics a lot more, too, even if like you mention the textures don't always load on time. However, this only happens at the very start of the race, so it really didn't bother me so far. 

Most importantly though, I LOVE the tracks. And by that I mean I love how creative they are! 

On the other hand, I don't care for the Gear Crates. Why can't I just open all I have at once? It's bad enough that I have to open each crate individually, but it's even worse that I need about 3 attempts per crate because the game won't properly connect to the Ubisoft servers. I stopped caring about these after opening about 10, which is a shame since I'd really like to put together a decently looking rider, but it's just not worth the time it takes. ?

Then, what's the matter with the ghosts? Why do I have to race against ghosts from random people all the time? As far as I can tell, I got your and BB's ghosts in exactly ONE track, and that was in The Grand Finale. I don't care about beating some randos, I want to see my friend's ghosts, as was standard in Fusion

Now, even though I love the tracks, as mentioned above, I couldn't tell you the name of a single one. And this is for two reasons. First of all, what the fuck is up with the track-selection? The world map idea is great, I like how the tracks are designed to fit the place they are inspired by (Ice tracks in Siberia, Uluru in Australia, etc...), but the map gets cluttered so quickly, it's really difficult to keep track of what's going on. Then you pick a track and there's so much going on in the selection screen! There is probably a sponsor with some contract telling you what to do, you have the difficulty-rating colorful and extermely prominent, the nice track-poster, ... everything wants your attention, but it results in me not paying attention to any of it, especially no the track name. This was different in Fusion, way more clear layout, that's for sure. Minor nitpick, but I find myself not caring about the track-detials at all. 

But there is another reason why I can't remember the track names.. and that's because apart from The Big Finale, I didn't have to do a single race more than twice to get a Gold Medal. 

Which brings me to the next point... the challenge in this game. You had warned me about it. For someone experienced in Trials this is a very easy game. The only thing I struggled with a bit was the Hill Climb skill game, which took me a freaking hour to get a Gold Medal in. Other than that, everything seemed very easy, and I had the feeling to just burn through the levels. Hell, I haven't reached 20 hours yet and I only have the extremes left! And that's both in the base game and DLCs... I finished all other tracks with at least Gold, did all Skill Games, all Stadium tracks (don't care for those, to be honest), ... But we'll see how the extremes are, maybe they give me a bit more trouble :)

HOWEVER, this is from the perspective of someone that has 100%ed Fusion. I believe that this game can be extremely challenging for a newcomer to the series! And not because of the tracks alone, but rather the skill-games, and, more importantly, the University of Trials tracks. Holy shit, this gotta be one of the hardest tutorials in a video game... I can't begin to imagine how hard it must be to get A+ on the Consecutive Bunny-Hop and Rear-Wheel Bounce classes if you are new to Trials... ? Incredible tutorial, though... And the reason why I would recommend to any newcomer interested in Trials to start with Rising (@Spaz). Fat Shady really did an excellent job here. 

That was enough random mumbling for now ? I will get back to the game tonight and start going for Golds on the extremes. I haven't been following the trophy list, I figured I would just get Gold everywhere before caring about trophies. 

• Like 4

On 21.07.2020 at 8:45 AM, Arcesius said:

This is about Trials Rising! And you are right, I couldn't wait any longer 1f602.png I wanted to finish Action Henk before starting either this or Nex Machina, but since I also want to write a guide for Nex while playing, I thought I'd quickly get Trials done first. There are many things I like, and some that I'm not too excited about.. I don't have my thoughts ordered yet, so I'll just write down what comes to mind :) 

First of all, this is just more Trials.. and that's just awesome 1f604.png I also dig the rock / punk theme a LOT more than the futuristic thing Fusion had going on. Starting a track just to have Trivium double-bass away in the background is just amazing :D I like the aesthetics and graphics a lot more, too, even if like you mention the textures don't always load on time. However, this only happens at the very start of the race, so it really didn't bother me so far. 

Most importantly though, I LOVE the tracks. And by that I mean I love how creative they are! 

On the other hand, I don't care for the Gear Crates. Why can't I just open all I have at once? It's bad enough that I have to open each crate individually, but it's even worse that I need about 3 attempts per crate because the game won't properly connect to the Ubisoft servers. I stopped caring about these after opening about 10, which is a shame since I'd really like to put together a decently looking rider, but it's just not worth the time it takes. 1f611.png

Then, what's the matter with the ghosts? Why do I have to race against ghosts from random people all the time? As far as I can tell, I got your and BB's ghosts in exactly ONE track, and that was in The Grand Finale. I don't care about beating some randos, I want to see my friend's ghosts, as was standard in Fusion

Now, even though I love the tracks, as mentioned above, I couldn't tell you the name of a single one. And this is for two reasons. First of all, what the fuck is up with the track-selection? The world map idea is great, I like how the tracks are designed to fit the place they are inspired by (Ice tracks in Siberia, Uluru in Australia, etc...), but the map gets cluttered so quickly, it's really difficult to keep track of what's going on. Then you pick a track and there's so much going on in the selection screen! There is probably a sponsor with some contract telling you what to do, you have the difficulty-rating colorful and extermely prominent, the nice track-poster, ... everything wants your attention, but it results in me not paying attention to any of it, especially no the track name. This was different in Fusion, way more clear layout, that's for sure. Minor nitpick, but I find myself not caring about the track-detials at all. 

But there is another reason why I can't remember the track names.. and that's because apart from The Big Finale, I didn't have to do a single race more than twice to get a Gold Medal. 

Which brings me to the next point... the challenge in this game. You had warned me about it. For someone experienced in Trials this is a very easy game. The only thing I struggled with a bit was the Hill Climb skill game, which took me a freaking hour to get a Gold Medal in. Other than that, everything seemed very easy, and I had the feeling to just burn through the levels. Hell, I haven't reached 20 hours yet and I only have the extremes left! And that's both in the base game and DLCs... I finished all other tracks with at least Gold, did all Skill Games, all Stadium tracks (don't care for those, to be honest), ... But we'll see how the extremes are, maybe they give me a bit more trouble :)

HOWEVER, this is from the perspective of someone that has 100%ed Fusion. I believe that this game can be extremely challenging for a newcomer to the series! And not because of the tracks alone, but rather the skill-games, and, more importantly, the University of Trials tracks. Holy shit, this gotta be one of the hardest tutorials in a video game... I can't begin to imagine how hard it must be to get A+ on the Consecutive Bunny-Hop and Rear-Wheel Bounce classes if you are new to Trials... 1f633.png Incredible tutorial, though... And the reason why I would recommend to any newcomer interested in Trials to start with Rising (@Spaz). Fat Shady really did an excellent job here. 

That was enough random mumbling for now 1f605.png I will get back to the game tonight and start going for Golds on the extremes. I haven't been following the trophy list, I figured I would just get Gold everywhere before caring about trophies. 

Yeah, you've certainly made a lot of valid points about the game. I remember how when I first played it I thought to myself "Hey, this game is awesome, why are so many people slamming it?", but the more I played, the more apparent it became that this game cannot quite stir up the emotions that the first part did (and still does) - I guess one of my biggest gripes is that it's not rewarding the same way that Fusion is. The self-improvement aspect of Trials Fusion has probably been its greatest appeal to me and here you play a track and most likely you'll get a gold on it first try, so you move on to the next one, etc. The tracks are extremely well-designed, as you mentioned, and the speedlines are top-notch (which is why there are still quite many active speedrunners in the game), also the cross-platform leaderboards (despite glitching) are also a fantastic feature, but all this is somehow overshadowed by the lack of proper challenge, which makes you unlikely to go back to individual tracks. In all fairness, though, this is not necessarily true if you want to play the leaderboards and not just for the trophies, but since we are on a trophy-hunting site, I guess most people will care less about the leaderboards. It's a shame that even the infamous Inferno V feels just like another extreme in terms of the challenge - beating it doesn't even come close to what you feel when you've finally conquered Inferno IV. I always thought (when I played Trials Rising) that the elusiveness of the platinum trophy in this game would be greatly boosted (in a positive way for me) if there was a trophy for a certain number of platinum medals (not necessarily all of them as that would make the plat probably rarer than the 100% in Trials Fusion), but say 50 or something - too bad it's not that way.

As for the challenging aspects of the game, I did find the backwheel skill game very difficult - I didn't then know about the workaround and I remember practicing it for quite a bit of time. Also getting the necessary diamonds would constitute a proper challenge if it wasn't for the easy skill games - so in the end you only need to play one regular track (or stadium final) and it's still challenging, but nothing that can't be done in a single session. And true, some of the late Uni of Trials lessons got considerably harder.

Now it must be stressed that all of the above only applies to experienced players - there are people in the forums who found this game 9 or 10/10 difficulty-wise, but said that when they played Fusion next, it was a breeze (all things considering ?).

If you want to experience a real difficulty spike, however, wait for when you've gained access to ninjas ? You won't have too much trouble passing the one required for the trophy but you'll undoubtedly notice that they are something else ?

Edit: I went back to the two UoT lessons mentioned before and I agree, they are no joke, especially the last three rear wheel bounces, I improved my times but they are still underwhelming, to say the least ? Just to think that Blubbi got 51 seconds on this last one! But seeing the big gap between him and Nova, I think that maybe playing on the keyboard (which Blubbi does) may be beneficial on this track.

Edited by det_gittes
  • Like 1

This just goes to show that massively popular games that everybody considered really good can be seen as rather sucky if you played them long after they were made, in your case over a decade later.

Whether it's movies, television, video games, sports or whatever, very very few media generally stands the test of time.

You look at Halo 3 and the first Gears of War, they look incredibly dated.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

But the real worst thing about this game.. is the freaking hacking mini-game. Every single slot-machine, every turret, every security-camera or security bot can be hacked. The machines then offer additional wares or lower their prices, while the turrets turn friendly and cover your ass. But hacking those things is not instantaneous, you need to win the famous flow-minigame:

BioShock on Twitter: "How quickly can you complete a BioShock ...

Damn, I'd almost managed to forget about this hideous mini-game, probably the reason I didn't mention it in my review ? I remember some hackable objects towards the end of the game being almost impossible to hack because either the liquid would flow too quickly or I could not for the life of me find the correct tube I needed... So I'd just waste an auto-hack tool and be done with it.

I'll tell you though, the hacking mini-game in the sequel is much more manageable than this one, although not too easy sometimes.

51 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

This was fun at first, but holy hell, it turned into a chore later on. You are CONSTANTLY hacking things. My girlfriend even told me that every single time she walked into the room I was doing one of these minigames and didn't understand why I would play this on the PS4.

? I can imagine what the situation would look like to an outsider, probably some sense of déjà vu.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

Sure, nothing compares to Top Roach or RedLynx to the Sword, but having to Gold every Extreme track.. would have been unthinkable when I was just starting out! 

Having to get a Diamond on an actual track, not a skill game, brings back memories of going for RedLynx to the Sword ;)  It's just a single track, though.

Absolutely. And in all honesty, when I attempted Inferno IV for the first time, my expectations were very low. I hoped to at least be able to clear it before running out of time, even after a couple of attempts. With Inferno 5... I started the track not even thinking about whether I would be able to clear it or now (it was obvious to me that I could), but whether I could get Gold first try or not (I couldn't) ?

However... ttell to a newcomer to the series that they should get Gold on Inferno 5.. 1f605.png Don't think it is as easy as it was for us... 

Btw, I saw that you beat my time again. I found Warehouse HD from Sixty-Six harder than Inferno 5 for some reason, getting Gold took me over an hour (and consequently, I remember the name of the track) 1f602.png but I beat your time there 1f601.png 

True, at all times the only thing I wondered was whether I was getting the gold medal first try or not - and I definitely didn't get gold on Inferno V first time trying. As for beating your time, I have little intention of competing for times, but with Inferno V I was curious to see how it feels after a few months of not playing it - I am pretty sure that I could easily get a much better time on it (I would first have to learn how to get over the see-saw obstacle consistently), but I feel no incentive. I also replayed some UoT tracks and improved a few of my times.

Just another observation... I might have it wrong, but in Fusion, it was better to have as few faults as possible, and instead drive carefully and taking your time. In Rising, it feels like speed is all that matters, and quickly resetting a CP instead of trying to save it seems to be the way to go. I don't think I like that approach. I will often finish a track with way less faults than others, but still be lower on the LBs due to my careful approach. Or is that just my impression and it's not really that way? 1f914.png

Yeah, it's all about time - each faults gives you a 5 second penalty, so if saving would take longer, it's not worth it. Btw, you can compete against people from your friends' list or anyone else - go to leaderboards and click on a person's name - it will open a menu with a player's profile, a replay and a possiblity to race against that person's ghost.

I actually beat the Orange Belt yesterday, and I even had to do it twice 1f602.png as the first time around I skipped out on the contract and upon completion it wouldn't unlock the Green Belt, which I found disappointing :D I doubt that I will beat the Green Belt but the first DLC ninja is definitely doable, I got quite far into it and maybe I will try to complete it as well.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Maybe you should try something out of your comfort zone? Something like Black Ops III 1f601.png

I totally agree. :)

Since I havent written here in ages, just want to say, I really enjoy your Checklist. 

Easy to read and the games are usually right down my alley. Keep up the good work! :)

• Like 3

On 24. 7. 2020 at 9:41 AM, Arcesius said:

But the real worst thing about this game.. is the freaking hacking mini-game. Every single slot-machine, every turret, every security-camera or security bot can be hacked. The machines then offer additional wares or lower their prices, while the turrets turn friendly and cover your ass. But hacking those things is not instantaneous, you need to win the famous flow-minigame:

BioShock on Twitter: "How quickly can you complete a BioShock ...

This was fun at first, but holy hell, it turned into a chore later on. You are CONSTANTLY hacking things. My girlfriend even told me that every single time she walked into the room I was doing one of these minigames and didn't understand why I would play this on the PS4.

I absolutely hated these puzzles after a while, but here's a cool thing that not that many people know.

If you freeze the camera / vending machine / etc., the water will flow a lot slower which makes even some of the tricky ones pretty easy. :)

• Like 2

Nice work.

I didn’t know about that shortcut at the start of Hardcore Hooks. I thought I had a really decent run on that level but just made it by a few hundreds of a second.

Also that quick CP restart at Way of the Ninja is smart. That way you have the correct speed to make that jump. I thought it was really annoying because I always had too much speed.

So what’s the next challenging game you’re going for?

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

I didn’t know about that shortcut at the start of Hardcore Hooks. I thought I had a really decent run on that level but just made it by a few hundreds of a second.

I tried doing the regular way for a while but I just wasn't fast enough, and I couldn't make up the lost time later in the level... then I decided to see if it would be possible, and it actually is surprisingly easy to get up there that way ? If you keep "slide" pressed once you jump out of the hook, you keep a lot of speed! Made the level very easy once I figured that out.. 

Also that quick CP restart at Way of the Ninja is smart. That way you have the correct speed to make that jump. I thought it was really annoying because I always had too much speed.

Same here. I could not for the life of me get a consistent jump at full speed.. would always jump too late and lose speed on that obstacle. That's probably the only reset I did in any of the levels :D But it was definitely a time saver, that level is already hard enough... 

So what’s the next challenging game you’re going for?

Depends what you mean by "challenging" :D I should be done with Trials Rising tonight, only have about half the squirrels left and some Misc trophies, which I'm getting together with the squirrels.

Nex Machina is gonna be next, and I will finally pop a trophy for Badland (I've done 9/10 levels in the first world, didn't want to put it on my profile just yet), as I need to do everything that can be done solo befor teaming up with @Mori to tackle the harder coop missions. Also, Injustice might not be a "hard fighting game" in comparison, but it definitely isn't easy for me... 

August seems to be a DLC month though. I will certainly do the Nioh 2 DLC that comes out tomorrow, and I want to clean up the Remnant DLC, which is surprisingly hard... 

And, you know... I probably won't be able to wait for Cuphead to go on sale.. I still can't believe that it really came out for PS4 ? 

What about yourself? Are you planning on finishing Wolf 2 and SMB before starting more challenging games? And did you find a solution for those Ys crashes? ?

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Arcesius said:

And, you know... I probably won't be able to wait for Cuphead to go on sale.. I still can't believe that it really came out for PS4 1f602.png 

What about yourself? Are you planning on finishing Wolf 2 and SMB before starting more challenging games? And did you find a solution for those Ys crashes? 1f61f.png

Cuphead. Hell yes! I’ve put it in my wishlist. I might not wait for a sale either.

I’m thinking about really going for Wolfenstein 2 pretty soon. I’ve seen Floriiss beat this game in 20 hours. And as we’re currently doing Infinite Warfare together I asked him how he handled it, what his strategy was, which video he used for practice etc... That gave me a lot of motivation.

I also bought Ikaruga recently. So I guess that will become my new hard game I’m going for. Going to team up with Mori for the local coop trophies. That Mori guy is one busy gamer ?.

I deleted Ys for now. I’ll worry about that when it’s the only incomplete game left.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 3