Arcesius' Pursuit of Completion

Arcesius

On 5/20/2019 at 9:27 AM, NaseemJohn said:

Best of luck with crypt, It looks like a good game but these days I tend to get bored rather quick so a 600+ hour game is out of the question for me. 

Thanks! Oh I absolutely understand… and that is actually one of the main points I'm worried about. Probably the only game I've spent 600+ with is Final Fantasy X, and those 600+ hours were accumulated across 5-6 complete playthroughs since 2001, when the game first came out.

But then on the other hand, rogue-likes are built so that they do not easily become repetitive, and I'm also not in a hurry… IF (and that's a big if ?) I manage to complete this one, I won't care if it took me 6 months or 3 years ?

40-platinum.png Platinum #52 – Astro Bot Rescue Mission 

L17ab86.png

• 100% Enjoyment: 7/10
  • 100% Challenge:  3/10

This game has been praised to the moon and back. It's a cute and rather short VR platformer with quite a few moments that will make you go "oooooh", but it's very much lacking in challenge and enemy variety. A good game to show other people what VR feels like.

100% Enjoyment

I went into this game with high expectations. Gameplay footage for VR games is kinda weird to judge, but the reviews for this game are incredible. And sure, it's a good game, but I was left expecting more from it. ?

Astro Bot Rescue Mission is a classical platformer, but in VR. And while that is its major selling point (it was developed to showcase what PSVR is capable of), I also feel like the fact that it's in VR also limits it in many ways.

In this game, you are not looking at a moving screen, controlling a character in 2D or 3D space like in all other platformers, but are rather part of the gameworld. Indeed, you are a robot yourself, guiding Astro through the various levels the game throws at you. There are certain enemies that attack you directly instead of your tiny companion (my favorite such enemy is the one that kicks balls at you and is defeated by returning one with a header ), and even some hazards and obstacles that you can destroy yourself or need to dodge, though most of the enemies will only care about Astro. Being part of the world also means that ABRM can do rather cool things, like having Astro jumping from platform to platform right above you, forcing you to look up to guide your robot friend. There is also a very cool mine-cart level that feels super fast and dangerous because of the perspective you are put in. And the bosses are all those HUGE animals that are really well presented and make you go "wow" the first time you encounter them. Overall, the game really succeeds at surprising you and showcasing the capabilities of PSVR.

But, while the presentation is gorgeous and there are many surprising moments, the game has a completely flat difficulty curve. And that's why as the game progresses and even with the introduction of new gadgets and different levels and settings, there is just really nothing new to see or learn after the first couple of hours. Even the enemies stay mostly the same throughout. But most importantly for me, the platforming just remains very basic from start to finish, which is a shame. Maybe it's just me, but I feel that I would have enjoyed this game way more if I felt challenged a bit more. ?

100% Challenge

Besides completing all five (yes, only five) worlds, composed of four levels each plus a boss fight, there are a couple of trophies for finding all chameleons and astro bots (one chameleon and 8 astro bots hidden in each regular level), which are all easy to find without using a guide. That is actually something I really appreciate, since I hate playing with a guide, and I think it would be especially tedious in VR.

Each chameleon unlocks a challenge, and so does defeating each boss, for a total of 26 challenges. But despite the name, none of those is actually challenging. And that's really a shame… Also, there are only three types of challenges, really… time trials, score attacks and beating each boss without getting hit. Almost all challenges can be beat in one or two attempts, with only a handful requiring some more resets. 

There are plenty of games out there that are not necessarily challenging but still a lot of fun. With Astro Bot Rescue Mission, I feel like the absence of any sort of challenge decreased my enjoyment of the game. However, I can still easily recommend this game to any PSVR owner, especially if you can, like me, grab it during a sale. ?

• Like 2

Hey Arcesus7, nice checklist! I always wanted to start something like this, I love writing, even though English isn't my native language.

So, you have an outstanding account, not only because you're managing to mantain that 100% completion since you started it 4 years ago, but also (and especially) because you are playing things you enjoy, building it your way. Congrats and good luck with the account!

PS: I gotta say it hurted me a bit when I read here that "Bound" isn't that hard :P  That one was such an intense experience for me, I simply adore it! It's funny realizing how dance suddenly invaded my account Haha

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GravityQueeen said:

Hey Arcesus7, nice checklist! I always wanted to start something like this, I love writing, even though English isn't my native language.

So, you have an outstanding account, not only because you're managing to mantain that 100% completion since you started it 4 years ago, but also (and especially) because you are playing things you enjoy, building it your way. Congrats and good luck with the account!

Hey! And welcome! 

Thanks a lot for the compliments, both for the checklist and profile! ? I knew when I joined this page that I would eventually have my own checklist. And hey, I would encourage you to do the same if you are really interested! English is also not my native language, but I find it fun nonetheless to write down my thoughts about the games I play. 

As for my profile, I could say the same about yours! It seems like we both have the same approach to gaming... I just play what I'm interested in regardless of challenge, length or anything else, really, and getting everything to 100% is something I've always kinda done anyways... So thanks again! ?

3 hours ago, GravityQueeen said:

PS: I gotta say it hurted me a bit when I read here that "Bound" isn't that hard :P  That one was such an intense experience for me, I simply adore it! It's funny realizing how dance suddenly invaded my account Haha

Hey, I also never said that it's a walk in the park! ? I really had a great time with Bound, I quite liked its unique style, and I've always been fascinated with speedruns, so I enjoyed playing this game a lot. 

That being said, just before playing Bound I had just finished Super Meat Boy and Dead Cells, so maybe my opinion about its challenge is a bit skewed because I'm naturally comparing Bound to those other games.  ? I could also say the same thing about OlliOlli2... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Spaz said:

I definitely noticed the lack of “AAA games” on your trophy profile compared to most others I see. I don’t see any major AAA game on your wishlist or otherwise apart from Nioh 2 and a couple others.

I guess that's somewhat true, though I've definitely played enough AAA games I'd say. For years I almost exclusively played Final Fantasy and I adore that series, I played for example Diablo 3 (and 2, of course, for hours and hours and hours) or Red Dead Redemption on the X360, and also on the PS4 I've played a couple, like Horizon Zero Dawn, all available FromSoft titles, Red Dead Redemption 2, God of War... to name a few. So there are definitely some AAA games that I'm interested in.

But whenever I watch gameplay footage from, say, the Uncharted or Assassin's Creed series, I just don't feel the urge to play those games. I could say the same about the Batman or Spiderman games, about Days Gone, Tomb Raider.. they just don't seem all that appealing to me. With indie games it's different.. there are a ton of those out there, so naturally there are also many that are unique and fun, and stand out from the rest.  

But that's not to say that I generally avoid AAA games. I certainly don't. I'm actually looking forward to Ghost of Tsushima (which I've just added to my whishlist.. had forgotten about that one!), for instance. What I won't do is simply play whatever AAA game just for the sake of it, because it has great reviews and is a "must-play". If it doesn't appeal to me, I'll just stay away. There are way too many games to just play everything. 

Edited by Arcesus7

There was a time when I was a kid when I was amazed by what video games could do. 

Back in the PlayStation 2 days I used to rent a lot of games from my local video rental store and at Blockbuster. I jumped in blindly and played some awful games, but also played some neat games. Unfortunately, many of those games have aged. 

But no matter how much I look at today’s AAA games with 4K graphics, I’m just not impressed with them. It’s funny because my generation is making these games and I’m not in tune with them. I find myself doing the same stuff I’ve done in other games. 

This doesn’t mean I’m leaving AAA games behind. But I definitely play more indies and older games than I used to. This is partly due to my backlog, but also because I’m not all too impressed with today’s offerings. 

At some point I will pick up Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, because it’s a Dark Souls/Bloodborne like game. And Days Gone because it takes place in my local area of Oregon. Right now I don’t want to add another AAA game to the mix. 

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

Update

I was gone again over the weekend, but there is some progress to report since my last update :)

Trackmania Turbo

This game is haaaaard. I unlocked the red series with 119 out of 120 gold medals... I just couldn't spend more time trying to get gold on track 109 (I'm missing 44 hundreths of a second... ?) so I moved on with a silver medal.. I would otherwise have broken my TV. 

And the red series is no joke.. I'm now trying to get gold in Red Canyon... and I need to change my approach. Until now I would always get gold in a track before moving on to the next (with the aforementioned exception of nightmare-track 109). I think from now on I'll just get gold in each subseries (Red Canyon, for example), before moving on.. but will change tracks within the subseries whenever I get too frustrated. So far I've played the first 7 tracks in red and got 3 gold and 4 silver medals. Surprisingly, silver is still rather easy to get, but squeezing the last couple of hundredths of a second to beat gold is getting harder and harder... ? Looking forward to the black series... ?

Crypt of the Necrodancer

Well, there you have it. I popped a trophy. There is no going back now! ? The trophy was for beating the first zone as Cadence, the main character of the game. I got to the boss of the zone three times before I beat the zone. The boss you have to fight is also random, and in my three attempts I saw three different bosses, so naturally I didn't know what I was doing the first time I fought each. I then unlocked them in the lobby to be able to practice the fights, and finally beat the zone. I haven't attempted the second zone yet. 

I really like the game so far, but I need to play it with headphones since the music gets on my girlfriends nerves ? I love it though. 

I also ordered a Xim4. I thought sooner or later I'll have to anyways, so why make things harder for myself..? It's arriving this week I guess, and I hope the setup and calibration won't be too bad. 

Well, there you have it... Will this be the game that prevents me from ever getting my 100% profile back? ? Probably ?

@Mori, how does it look... starting this anytime soon? (Du wärst wahrscheinlich eh viel schneller als ich.. ?)

Hollow Knight

Man this was long overdue... I have had this game sitting on my system since it first came out, as I had pre-ordered it... but somehow I ended up playing other longer games instead (Darksiders III, Red Dead Redemption 2, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, ...). 

I've only played for an hour, but I already know that I'll have a fantastic time with this game. The artstyle is amazing, and it's also good to play a game with a more quite ambience and soundtrack (both Trackmania Turbo and Necrodancer are not necessarily known for being calm and quiet ?). So far I've bought everything I needed to map out new areas and mark important waypoints, and defeated the first boss. 

Otherwise, I'm adding Lumo to my wishlist, since it was recommended to me by Angus1343. 

Edited by Arcesus7
  • Like 4

Kudos for starting Crypt. I was to scared and quitted after finishing the tutorial. :D 

You have three more or less difficult games in the pipes now. I hope you dont get overwhelmed. Trackmania can be a bitch that is for sure, the Red series is where things get spicy, but like you've mentioned somewhere already (I think), persistance is key.

Hollow Knight is by far one of my favorite games on the PS4. The original price of 15€ is just pure insanity. The trophies are relatively easy, but the 5th Pantheon can take some time. I had to practice the last three bosses around 10h + 5h-7h attempting the 5th.

Anyway, I am getting ahead of things, I hope you enjoy this fantastic game.

I dont think I'll be jumping into CotN soon. My backlog got kind out of hand, I am almost hitting 40 unfinished games, and I feel the need to decrease it first, before getting into a 1000h+ plat. I am not trying to keep a fake 100%, but I also need to feel relaxed and not stressed out about my backlog. When I first played SMB, I was in the zone. When I first played Trials Fusion, I was in the zone. I need that again. :D 

I think its good that you get a XIM early. I would do the same. Prolly saves you some inconveniences later on, when switching from controller to keyboard.

Ich glaube nicht. :D Das Rhythm-Genre ist Neuland für mich.

Lumo is a great pick. It's different but really fun, and has a lot of UR trophies, yammi. :D 

Edited by Mori
  • Like 2

Update

Well, Mori saw it coming when he said "You have three more or less difficult games in the pipes now. I hope you dont get overwhelmed". Seriously, none of the games I am currently playing is relaxing. Especially switching from Trackmania Turbo to Crypt of the NecroDancer is like going from bashing your head in against a concrete wall to bashing your head in against an even thiker concrete wall. 

Trackmania Turbo

And holy shit did I hit a wall with this one... Namely with Track #125, a multilap race in the Red Canyon subseries. This track made me question my sanity, and made me rage quit a couple of times. Why do I even play these games? Well, the answer was once more clear as spring water once I got that gold medal... The feeling of satisfaction after getting better and beating the damn thing is just incomparable to anything... 

Then again, I think that one was just particularly difficult. Yesterday I proceeded to get gold in all Red Valley tracks (except #140, I got silver and then needed to stop playing) in about the same time it took me to get gold on #125.

Next up is Red Lagoon, where I mostly fear full-beach tracks, so depending how many such tracks there are this subseries could be rather easy, or a nightmare. I'm not too worried about Red Stadium, that's usually the easiest terrain to drive on.

Only 22 gold medals until the Black Series! ?

Crypt of the NecroDancer

I beat Zone 2, which I think was easier than Zone 1. I also got my Xim4, and managed to get it configured without too much trouble. There is no noticeable input delay, but I guess I'll see how true this is once I unlock Bolt. 

Anyways, I tried for a bit to beat Zone 3 but I think this one is going to be way harder than the previous two. I didn't invest too much time on this yet, though.

In any case, as mentioned above, juggling Trackmania Turbo and CotND is a bit much, so I need to prioritize. I will continue playing CotND, slowly try to learn the game, practice the bosses, etc.. but I will focus primarily on TMT until it is done (which could be anywhere beween 2 months and 2 years from now ?). 

Hollow Knight

Out of the three games I'm currently playing, this is the most relaxing one.... But I'm so lost... The game is gorgeous, fun, challenging,... but I have no idea where to go ? I've been to seven different areas (trying to fully explore them before moving on) I've killed some bosses, got some abilities and upgrades... I was saving 1800 Geo for the freaking lantern but I died on my way to collecting my soul and, well... aaaaargh! ?

I don't know yet exactly what's going on plot-wise, but I guess some sort of infection is spreading. I'm intrigued, and cannot wait to find out what's happening to the world! I have been returning to previous areas, using new abilities to progress further... let's see where my travels take me! 

Edited by Arcesus7
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Arcesus7 said:

Update

Hollow Knight

Out of the three games I'm currently playing, this is the most relaxing one.... But I'm so lost... The game is gorgeous, fun, challenging,... but I have no idea where to go 1f602.png I've been to seven different areas (trying to fully explore them before moving on) I've killed some bosses, got some abilities and upgrades... I was saving 1800 Geo for the freaking lantern but I died on my way to collecting my soul and, well... aaaaargh! 1f621.png

I don't know yet exactly what's going on plot-wise, but I guess some sort of infection is spreading. I'm intrigued, and cannot wait to find out what's happening to the world! I have been returning to previous areas, using new abilities to progress further... let's see where my travels take me! 

Dont worry, I've backtracked a lot in this game and it will be same for you too probably. I strongly advise to not use a guide til you'll reach the final boss. Figuring out where to go and whats next on your to-do list is half the fun.

Good progress so far with TMT and CotN. I think its a good idea to focus more on TMT atm. :) 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mori said:

Dont worry, I've backtracked a lot in this game and it will be same for you too probably. I strongly advise to not use a guide til you'll reach the final boss. Figuring out where to go and whats next on your to-do list is half the fun.

Oh, I certainly won't use a guide :) I always play my games blindly the first time around, especially if, like with Hollow Knight, there are no missables. I enjoy trying to find my way and figuring things out for myself. Where's the fun in simply following a checklist? ?

23 hours ago, Mori said:

Good progress so far with TMT and CotN. I think its a good idea to focus more on TMT atm. :) 

I'm actually happy that Red Valley went so smoothly... I guess they are saving the nasty tracks for Black Valley ? I only had very short time for gaming yesterday, but I still got gold on #140, so now it's on to Red Lagoon and cleaning up #109! 

What do you reckon, how long is the grind still in Nuclear Throne till the plat? 

Edited by Arcesus7
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Arcesus7 said:

Oh, I certainly won't use a guide :) I always play my games blindly the first time around, especially if, like with Hollow Knight, there are no missables. I enjoy trying to find my way and figuring things out for myself. Where's the fun in simply following a checklist? 1f603.png

I'm actually happy that Red Valley went so smoothly... I guess they are saving the nasty tracks for Black Valley 1f605.png I only had very short time for gaming yesterday, but I still got gold on #140, so now it's on to Red Lagoon and cleaning up #109! 

What do you reckon, how long is the grind still in Nuclear Throne till the plat? 

Thats great to hear. :) I was baffled at how much I actually missed on my blind PT and I certainly didnt rush the game.

Black Canyon and Black Valley are the most challenging imo. Red and Black Lagoon beach levels can be annoying, but I enjoyed Lagoon for the most part.

I think around 20-30 hours, til the plat. That would make a total playtime of ~150 hours. 

Do you have any interest in playing NT or similiar games like Enter the Gungeon or The Binding of Isaac?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mori said:

Do you have any interest in playing NT or similiar games like Enter the Gungeon or The Binding of Isaac?

I actually think I do... ? I almost bought The Binding of Isaac a while ago, but that was before the last booster pack was released, and some trophies were still glitched in the digital edition, so I passed. They are fixed now, but that game never seems to go on a sale!

And a while ago, I almost bought Enter the Gungeon on a sale (same sale I got Trackmania Turbo from), but since the last DLC hadn't released yet, I also passed for the time being, thinking that maybe a complete edition will be released at some point.. I think I want to play at least one of those two or NT at some point, to at least have tried one out... But not sure which one to pick up... :)

Nice checklist! Like the way it's organized it doesn't feel confusing or tedious to navigate it and I actually enjoyed reading it . and you have some really good games on your list! And it's a good thing to see someone like Furi as much as me! (it's my favourite game) . Do you have any Interest in playing the GTA Trilogy? (GTA 3 , Vice City , San Andreas)

I actually started this ACC yesterday and I'm trying to make it a 100% account with hard games and the games I like but won't start playing until I finish exams at the end of the month and my first plat will be Furi and I'm going to get the fastest achiever cause I have it on my old acc and I have some new tricks in the book that will make my Speedrun way faster

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Arcesus7 said:

I actually think I do... 1f605.png I almost bought The Binding of Isaac a while ago, but that was before the last booster pack was released, and some trophies were still glitched in the digital edition, so I passed. They are fixed now, but that game never seems to go on a sale!

And a while ago, I almost bought Enter the Gungeon on a sale (same sale I got Trackmania Turbo from), but since the last DLC hadn't released yet, I also passed for the time being, thinking that maybe a complete edition will be released at some point.. I think I want to play at least one of those two or NT at some point, to at least have tried one out... But not sure which one to pick up... :)

I would have bought TBoI already, if the trophies hadn't been glitched for so long. I am glad its working now and just like you I wait for sale. If the original price isnt too high, I'll consider buying it now.

Regarding EtG, the DLC's are all free to my knowledge. I could be wrong though.

Since I havent played two out of the three games, I cant really give you my opinion on which game you should at least try out. But from what I've seen, they are all great games. I plan to finish NT this month and start EtG afterwards. After a few dozen hours I could give you my opinion on it, if you still havent decided til then.

btw. I saw Divinity Original Sin 2 on your backlog. Are you going to play the game alone or do you have someone for COOP? I am still interested in the game, but so far I had no luck in finding someone to play with.

Edited by Mori
  • Like 1

Just a short Info:

Enter the gungeon is awesome, every dlc was free until the last one :)

The game is so good, there is so much stuff to do and to explore. The gameplay and the Item and Enemy design is also so funny ?

For me EtG is one of my Top 5 indie Games :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KURORISING said:

Nice checklist! Like the way it's organized it doesn't feel confusing or tedious to navigate it and I actually enjoyed reading it . and you have some really good games on your list! And it's a good thing to see someone like Furi as much as me! (it's my favourite game) . Do you have any Interest in playing the GTA Trilogy? (GTA 3 , Vice City , San Andreas)

I actually started this ACC yesterday and I'm trying to make it a 100% account with hard games and the games I like but won't start playing until I finish exams at the end of the month and my first plat will be Furi and I'm going to get the fastest achiever cause I have it on my old acc and I have some new tricks in the book that will make my Speedrun way faster

Hey! Well, thanks! I only started this checklist after having figured out the best way for me to format it.. I think I found a solution and layout that I'm happy with, so thanks for the compliment!

About GTA. I actually played some of the entries, including GTA IV on the Xbox360 a while ago, and while I enjoyed those I played, I don't think I'll get them done on the PS4... 

Good luck with your account, and especially getting the fastest time for Furi! The four hours something of the current fastest achiever seem pretty tough to beat.. What time do you think is possible more or less? :)

1 hour ago, Mori said:

Since I havent played two out of the three games, I cant really give you my opinion on which game you should at least try out. But from what I've seen, they are all great games. I plan to finish NT this month and start EtG afterwards. After a few dozen hours I could give you my opinion on it, if you still havent decided til then.

btw. I saw Divinity Original Sin 2 on your backlog. Are you going to play the game alone or do you have someone for COOP? I am still interested in the game, but so far I had no luck in finding someone to play with.

Sure, would be happy to hear your opinion on EtG once you have had the chance to play for a couple of hours! Also on NT, though I think visually I prefer EtG, not that that's necessarily a criterion for choosing one over the other ?

I bought Divinity: Original Sin 2 with the intention of playing it in couch-coop with my girlfriend.. But It's been sitting on my backlog forever now, and I don't know if she's really up for a 100 hour game... We'll see, but if she prefers to not play this one, I'll let you know! Just be warned that I don't usually have a ton of time for gaming, so you might get impatient ?

23 minutes ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

Enter the gungeon is awesome, every dlc was free until the last one :)

The game is so good, there is so much stuff to do and to explore. The gameplay and the Item and Enemy design is also so funny 1f605.png

For me EtG is one of my Top 5 indie Games :)

Well that sounds promising... Good to hear! You are also playing NT at the moment, right? Can you already conclude to some extent which one you prefer?

I'll be looking for a sale! ?

Edited by Arcesus7
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Arcesus7 said:

Sure, would be happy to hear your opinion on EtG once you have had the chance to play for a couple of hours! Also on NT, though I think visually I prefer EtG, not that that's necessarily a criterion for choosing one over the other 1f605.png

I bought Divinity: Original Sin 2 with the intention of playing it in couch-coop with my girlfriend.. But It's been sitting on my backlog forever now, and I don't know if she's really up for a 100 hour game... We'll see, but if she prefers to not play this one, I'll let you know! Just be warned that I don't usually have a ton of time for gaming, so you might get impatient 1f602.png

I know NTs visuals are not the most beautiful, but I am so glad I didnt care about it. It's a must-have for everyone who enjoys games in the Top-Down-Shooter-Genre or whatever you want to call it. I am not really good in explaining why this game is so great imo, but I can honestly say that I'll genuinely miss this game after platting it. Its a simple and yet complex game, it hasn't a shit ton of content and yet you can play it for several hundred hours. The trophy list almost covers everything the game has to offer.

If you are looking for an entry into the genre, EtG seems "easier", though this is just an assumption by looking at the rarity and number of people who played the games. I cannot say for sure that EtG is in fact easier or less challenging.

Oh, alright. Well if you can convince your gf, go for it. If not, you have my address. :P .. and no worries, I wouldnt get impatient, there's always a huge backlog to work on.

Are you going to buy CTR this month (or later)?

Edited by Mori
  • Like 1

Wow. For only having around 50 platinums. I like the list a lot. You don't go for some of the usual tropes that most trophy hunters do (including myself): somewhat easy games and stacks. Usually when I see other gamers, I like to peek at their profiles to see how dedicated a person is when hunting trophies. It is nice to see someone who not only enjoys what they are doing, but also takes it a step further by grinding away and spending excess amount of hours on tasks that no mere mortal is willing to do.

Have you ever thought about owning a PS3 or a Vita? There are more games that I think you might enjoy in which are exclusive to the aforementioned, but I still don't have a clue as to what genre of gaming you enjoy. My original guess was going to be RPGs, but then you branch off into games that I have never played, let alone ever heard of.

Also, do you usually try to 100 %/platinum games one at a time, or take a break and switch to a new game? Either way, it seems like you have things under control, especially when your completion percentage is in the 90s.

If you like, I can recommend some PS4 games that you might like. Until then, I will definitely keep an eye out for you by following this thread. I can't wait to see what other tough games you will platinum :yay:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arcesus7 said:

Good luck with your account, and especially getting the fastest time for Furi! The four hours something of the current fastest achiever seem pretty tough to beat.. What time do you think is possible more or less? :)

Thanks:) if you got everything perfect I think the fastest time would around 3:50:00 . On my old acc I got 4h and 4minutes cause I died twice by a glitch on the Burst and at a certain point my controller stopped working for like 30 seconds or so . So I lost some time there and turns out there's a lot of tricks I saw in speedruns that I'm not using like The Song's trick where you skip the last phase that'll save me like 15 seconds each time I finish the game I practiced it and it's actually pretty easy but what puts me off from speedrunning the plat is you have to watch the cutscenes 2 times in one sitting which makes me want to kill myself and the fact that the electricity in the country I live in cuts off every 1-2 hours but on some rare occasions it keeps on for 4-5 hours so I have to be careful when I choose the time to do it and I'm actually playing with a broken controller lol . I actually got the fastest achiever with my broken controller?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Arcesus7 said:

Well that sounds promising... Good to hear! You are also playing NT at the moment, right? Can you already conclude to some extent which one you prefer?

I'll be looking for a sale! 1f440.png

So far, I've played about 15-20 hours of Enter the Gungeon and 1-2 hours of nuclear throne, so it's a bit too early to compare both.
But I can already say that both are different, but I liked them both a lot.
If you like on this "Bullet Hell"like games, you should not miss them in any case.

I would not wait for a sale for NT, as it is rarly on sale and secondly there is also an online trophy, and thanks to Mori, I also know that there have been some problems with the mode lately and so i'm aware to get the trophy asap. :D

At the moment it is really complicated for me, to get the online Parts done, before the servers close .. I'm currently doing the online part from the PS3 Game Time crisis with 4 ps3 consoles and then actually wanted to finally finish street fighter 4 and mortal kombat online, but somehow there are now so many games in between as Nuclear throne or since today the PS3 version of the Last of us
which I want to do first .. ^^

Here is a short trailer from the last DLC for Enter the Gungeon, so you have a little impression of the game. :)

Spoiler

And by the way huge Respect for your Progress in Trackmania! :D

• Like 1

Enter the gungeon is much more polished than nuclear throne and overall the better game imo. It is definitely the easier and less grindy one to plat but tbh both are just rng dependent after a point. In NT u get fucked by retarded map layouts and spawns while in gungeon by not getting weapons that are worth a shit. Gungeon`s bosses and weapons are way more varied and interesting, the coop is infinitely better (which is not much to say since NT`s coop is complete ass), and everything just feels higher quality honestly.

There are 2 things that make gungeon much easier i think:

- insanely op weapons / items that basically let you faceroll through everything if you're lucky enough to get them

- you can save between floors and store the save file, so if you fuck up you can overwrite the save and start again on that floor

Btw all of gungeon's dlc are free, basically the game you buy on psn is already the complete edition

• Like 2

On 6/5/2019 at 1:11 PM, Mori said:

Are you going to buy CTR this month (or later)?

I am not sure, didn't really have that one on my radar... ? But nostalgia doesn't apply here, since I didn't grow up playing Crash games... It looks like a lot of fun, though, so I guess I'll see once it comes out. I certainly won't pre-order it though. 

I'm guessing your gonna get this one? :)

On 6/5/2019 at 1:39 PM, GarciaFever said:

Wow. For only having around 50 platinums. I like the list a lot. You don't go for some of the usual tropes that most trophy hunters do (including myself): somewhat easy games and stacks. Usually when I see other gamers, I like to peek at their profiles to see how dedicated a person is when hunting trophies. It is nice to see someone who not only enjoys what they are doing, but also takes it a step further by grinding away and spending excess amount of hours on tasks that no mere mortal is willing to do.

Have you ever thought about owning a PS3 or a Vita? There are more games that I think you might enjoy in which are exclusive to the aforementioned, but I still don't have a clue as to what genre of gaming you enjoy. My original guess was going to be RPGs, but then you branch off into games that I have never played, let alone ever heard of.

Also, do you usually try to 100 %/platinum games one at a time, or take a break and switch to a new game? Either way, it seems like you have things under control, especially when your completion percentage is in the 90s.

If you like, I can recommend some PS4 games that you might like. Until then, I will definitely keep an eye out for you by following this thread. I can't wait to see what other tough games you will platinum :yay:

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! 

That's just the way I play games... It comes down to personal preference, really, and when I look at my own profile, I just want to see games that I chose to play because I was interested in them, not because they make my "platinum count" go up :) Every trophy hunter has their own goal and stats they care most about. For me, it's completion percentage and, to some extent, average rarity, and I guess that's reflected in my profile. 

I usually have 3-4 open games at any given time, and depending on the circumstances, I will play one or the other. Usually it's one game suitable for longer gaming sessions (Hollow Knight, Sekiro, RDR2, God of War, etc..), one game for shorter gaming sessions (Trackmania Turbo, Super Meat Boy, Furi, etc...) and one couch-coop game (Overcooked 2, Guacamelee! 2, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, etc...). I guess from now on I could additionally mention Crypt of the NecroDancer, since that one is going nowhere anytime soon ?). But I mostly only replace a game in one of those three categories after I've gotten 100% in the one I'm currently playing.

The first console I got myself was a PS2 after playing Final Fantasy VII and VIII over and over and over on the PC... For many years I played mostly JRPGs, so your first hinch was actually correct! ? But with the transition to the PS3 generation (I got a X360 instead, for some weird reason), and especially with the PS4 and access to digital games, I started discovering more and more non-RPG games that I enjoy... I just never got into fighting-, sport- or FPS games... 

But to answer the question, the only game I'm aware of that isn't available on the PS4 that I really, REALLY want to play is Demon's Souls... I'm hoping for a remaster, though :)

In any case, feel free to suggest any games you think I might enjoy! 

On 6/5/2019 at 8:56 PM, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

So far, I've played about 15-20 hours of Enter the Gungeon and 1-2 hours of nuclear throne, so it's a bit too early to compare both.
But I can already say that both are different, but I liked them both a lot.
If you like on this "Bullet Hell"like games, you should not miss them in any case.

Here is a short trailer from the last DLC for Enter the Gungeon, so you have a little impression of the game. :)

Oh, fair enough ? but from what I read here and by the trailer, I think I'll go for EtG first and see how it goes... "Adds EtG to wishlist"

I want to do The End is Nigh first, though, and I won't start that one until I'm done with TMT, so I will wait for a sale and only get it for the full price if needed ?

Man, good luck with your PS3 online trophies... I hope you're having fun getting those done, at least! :) 

Edited by Arcesus7
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Arcesus7 said:

That's just the way I play games... It comes down to personal preference, really, and when I look at my own profile, I just want to see games that I chose to play because I was interested in them, not because they make my "platinum count" go up :) Every trophy hunter has their own goal and stats they care most about. For me, it's completion percentage and, to some extent, average rarity, and I guess that's reflected in my profile. 

This ??

17 minutes ago, Arcesus7 said:

Man, good luck with your PS3 onlinetrophies... I hope you're having fun getting those done, at least! :) 

Haha Thanks, well it's ok getting these done, actually the good thing is that i could watch movies while i self-boost^^

• Like 1