Arcesius' Pursuit of Completion

Arcesius

Wow, your reviews are so much better than mine. I see you dropping words like "Dark Souls" and "Salt and Sanctuary" to trick us into playing. Sadly for you, my bank account is empty this time of year!

...and every other time of year.

10 hours ago, Arcesius said:

There are not even enough stones in one playthrough to get a single piece of equipment all the way to +10! That's an odd design choice, to be honest. There are about 36 or so such stones, and 32 are required to get a weapon from +9 to +10… 1f914.png

That's the kind of foresight I love to see in a game. ?

• Like 2

On 12/12/2019 at 9:04 PM, Cassylvania said:

Wow, your reviews are so much better than mine.

Oh, thanks! Really appreciate the comment ? I'm still enjoying writing them. Since I'm back in Switzerland I haven't been using English all that much other than around here (in Finland I used to do all my work in English), so I'm also using this as a way of practicing my written English. 

I enjoy your reviews a lot, tough. I love the humor you use in them. ?

I see you dropping words like "Dark Souls" and "Salt and Sanctuary" to trick us into playing. Sadly for you, my bank account is empty this time of year!

...and every other time of year.

Lemme be honest.. If I were to recommend the game I'd say wait for a sale. I gave the game a 8/10 in terms of how much I enjoyed it, but it is not a 8/10 game in terms of overall quality. There are some areas where the game is lacking... something. So yeah, while it is very similar to S&S, I still think that S&S is vastly superior to Death's Gambit

On 12/12/2019 at 9:14 PM, GameMatter said:

I tip my hat to you for completing Death's Gambit...hell of a platinum to get!

Thanks man! It was definitely tough, but a lot of fun as well ?

Quick update, as I'm hoping to be back with another review very soon... ?

Pier Solar and the Great Architects

I am meanwhile one minigame short of the platinum. I finished my first playthrough, where I also got all collectibles and miscellaneous trophies in about 30 hours, and have in the meantime also completed a second playthrough where you just need to rush through the game and only fight the mandatory battles (you can set the encounter rate to 0, so that helps). At least they only make you win 600 battles... There have been worse grinds (I look at you, Final Fantasy IX... 10k enemies, seriously..)

I'll try to get the platinum before Christmas, as I'm travelling to Spain between Christmas and New Year to visit my family and I'd like to finish it still this year ?

Alienation

I finally found a couple of hours without other commitments or distractions, so could finally start this one with BB-BakkerJ (he has been patiently waiting for me to finally be ready..). We have done 8/20 missions on Professional difficulty and World Level 2, and man, I have the feeling that the game will be a lot of fun all the way to the end! 

There are two DLC trophies for playing certain missions in local-coop, which for us means using Shareplay and doing those missions twice (once for BB, once for me)... Dunno why you would insist on people playing in local-coop, but ok... 

I'll write more about this game when I've had a chance to play a bit more, but I can see myself recommending this one if you enjoy twin-stick shooters ?

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2

On 12/18/2019 at 4:44 AM, Spaz said:

I thought you had to boost that one trophy in Alienation. 

I don't know which trophy that would be. You can do all base-game and DLC trophies solo, if you wanted to, with the exception of 2 DLC-trophies for completing certain missions in local-coop... The game is more fun in coop, though, but you don't need to boost anything. 

How are you liking Guacamelee 2? 

I'm thinking about adding Bleed and Bleed 2 to my backlog ?

19 hours ago, Arcesius said:

I don't know which trophy that would be. You can do all base-game and DLC trophies solo, if you wanted to, with the exception of 2 DLC-trophies for completing certain missions in local-coop... The game is more fun in coop, though, but you don't need to boost anything. 

I know doing the Resogun DLC is extremely difficult by yourself and it’s basically essential you have a boosting partner. Somebody actually posted a video of them doing Commando Mode solo but I would not recommend it. Getting the ranks also needs boosting. 

I don’t know how Alienation is trophy wise, but I’m guessing since Housemarque specialized in arcade esque shooters, you can get used to the other games. Nex Machina looks difficult and Matterfall looks a tad annoying. Dead Nation will probably be the next Housemarque game I play. Sure it’s an old game now, but better late than never.

19 hours ago, Arcesius said:

How are you liking Guacamelee 2? 

It’s a very solid and enjoyable indie game.

However it’s a lot more difficult than the first game.

The combat is easy to learn, most of the challenge rooms aren’t too bad although you may have to make several attempts at some on Hard Mode. A few are pretty annoying, a couple I’ve done are difficult due to the mobs killing you. 

Platforming is where the difficulty ramps up. You’re expected to learn the platforming mechanics and get your memory refreshed on what you did in the first game. The Jade Temple key I hear is a real nightmare, I’ll have to see how it fares for me. Guacamelee 2 demands a lot more in its platforming. 

This game was executed well. The background details are good, music is fine, combat is satisfying, controls are fine tuned. It draws on several memes, and makes a spoof on the old Street Fighter 2 game. 

Definitely worth the purchase. My only bitching complaint is the trophy percentages are much too high. 33 percent rarity on a platinum trophy is quite high for what this game expects you to do.

Edited by Spaz

Definitely worth the purchase. My only bitching complaint is the trophy percentages are much too high. 33 percent rarity on a platinum trophy is quite high for what this game expects you to do.

Yeah I know what you mean. The game is not hard by any means, but it definitely isn't a game that should be at that rarity... I would rather see it in the 20-25% range, but those who bought the game knew what they were getting into... I mean, it doesn't even have 8'000 owners.. 

Update

Probably last update of the year. I'm currently away from home for Christmas (though still in Switzerland) and will then travel to Spain to visit my family... I won't be back until New Year, so no more gaming for me this year except 2-3 hours on Wednesday, which I'll use to grind some trophies in Alienation. If you are wondering what happened to "I expect to be back soon with a new review"... ?

Pier Solar and the Great Architects

I went from enjoying Pier Solar to hating it. And it has nothing to do with the game itself... I finished a regular playthrough, got all miscellaneous and collectable-related trophies, and then did a speedrun of the game fighting only the mandatory battles. The game is now sitting at 88%, and I initially wanted to get the plat before Christmas. 

The only thing I have left is playing the "Endless Slip" minigame, a test of concentration and endurance, where your character is sliding along a one-tile wide path for 6 minutes each way. Yeah, I wasn't able to do it. And I don't even necessarily think that the minigame is harder than other things I've done, but I noticed that I was getting frustrated way earlier than with other challenges I've tackled. It even started affecting my mood, so I decided that it's just not worth it. So, no more platinums for me in 2019, though fear not, I'll get this one done for sure ? I just need to go back to the right mindset, and a break is just what I need for that. 

It's a weird feeling though... I usually don't experience these levels of frustration, but I suspect that it has less to do with the game and more with my current mindset. 

Alienation

Holy shit this game is fun. ? We finished the campaign with our first character, and to not have to shareplay the missions needed for the DLC trophies twice, I helped BB with his trophies by shareplaying with him (which sucks as the joining visitor is only level 15 while the actual player is already in the 30s, so you cannot really help much), but did them in local coop with my girlfriend to unlock the trophies for myself. 

I'll need a couple more challenges and assignments with this first character, and will need to farm more cores for some trophies, then it's time to move to the second character and finally do a hardcore playthrough. 

Honestly, if this looks even remotely interesting to you, give it a go. It is a really good time. 

Otherwise, I haven't yet gone back to Diablo III and haven't played NecroDancer since I cleared Bolt, but expect me to go back to both in January ? I'm still aiming at getting back to 100% completion with my profile, even it if doesn't seem possible right now. 

As for the backlog, I removed the "upcoming releases" section from my backlog / wishlist, it didn't make much sense anyways. Oh, and please welcome the latest entry to the wishlist: Darkest Dungeon ? I'll be on the lookout for more such games where some progress can be made in 10-15 minutes at a time but still provide the challenge and fun that I look for in games... So if you have any such recommendations, let me hear them! 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Arcesius said:

As for the backlog, I removed the "upcoming releases" section from my backlog / wishlist, it didn't make much sense anyways. Oh, and please welcome the latest entry to the wishlist: Darkest Dungeon ? I'll be on the lookout for more such games where some progress can be made in 10-15 minutes at a time but still provide the challenge and fun that I look for in games... So if you have any such recommendations, let me hear them! 

Darkest Dungeon is an amazing game but be prepared to get tilted out of your fucking mind by the rng. Literally everything during combat is based on percentages and random numbers ...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Literally a couple of minutes into the new sale I had already purchased a new game... I just couldn't resist! Please welcome my latest addition to the backlog: XCOM 2 (the Collection).

I figured if I were to try a strategy game, I might as well start with the best there is... And I just got the entire collection for 22 Swiss francs (~ 22 $ / 20 €). With a regular price of 105 $, I think this is a pretty good deal! ?

We are also a bit behind with the reviews, since we have meanwhile also popped the second (Diablo III) and third (Superhot VR) plat of 2020 (while Pier Solar is still sitting there untouched since before Christmas… ?)

With Diablo III done, Remnant: From the Ashes is taking its place as the next game I’m playing with @Mori. We already had our first session and the game makes a really good first impression! Oh, and good news to anyone interested in the game... It is true that the trophies used to unlock only for the host, but no more! That issue has been fixed, and all trophies now pop for all players in a party ?

What’s gonna replace Superhot VR, you ask? Well, I am probably going to buy PS+ for my Swiss account once my current subscription on my main account expires, provided that I can still play online with my main account… does anyone know how this works? Is this even possible?

It that's the case then I want to finish the one PS+ game I have in my backlog, which is WipeOut: Omega Collection. I know I am delaying The End is Nigh and Trials Fusion… We’ll get there eventually ?

With that short update out of the way, let's review a game known to probably everyone on earth… I’ll keep it short!

40-platinum.png Platinum #63 – Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

L66368e.png

• 100% Enjoyment: 7/10
  • 100% Challenge:  3/10

Diablo is not only a game, it is an institution known to and respected by millions of players worldwide and, as such, probably needs no introduction. After the epic classic that was Diablo II, players sure had high expectations for the sequel. And while nothing can compare to its predecessor, it still holds up pretty well.

100% Enjoyment

Being a huge fan of Diablo II and having played that one to an unhealthy degree, I had already played Diablo III on the X360, so I knew what to expect going into this one. This is a game that you always see recommended when people ask for good coop games, and rightfully so! The game is pretty easy, especially on low difficulties, and thus very suitable for casual players and chill coop sessions, but also more experienced players can find countless hours of content, grinding for loot to optimize a build capable of clearing high level challenge dungeons (Greater Rifts).

Speaking of which, loot is the name of the game. Diablo sure is known for its random drops, and many games with similar systems, such as Nioh, are often described as having a Diablo-style loot system. Some might be turned off by such a system, but I personally love it. It makes a game quite addictive, and encourages experimentation, trying to find synergies that suit your own playstyle.

W7rLKbll.jpg

Soooo. Much. Loooooot!

So what is the meat of the game? You start by choosing one of seven different starting classes and are thrown into the campaign, with only two or three difficulty options available at the start. The campaign is composed of five different acts during which you are tasked with completing several quests and objectives. Not only loot is randomized, either. Instead, each time you load your game up, the area layouts are generated randomly, as are the enemy spawns in said areas. As you progress in the campaign you get better gear, unlock active and passive skills for your character, and also get access to higher difficulty settings… The biggest advantage of increasing the difficulty is the larger XP gain and higher drop chances for legendary items… And it’s also more fun ?

Once the campaign has been beaten for the first time, Adventure Mode is unlocked. Here you can start doing Bounties, which boil down to completing objectives in designated locations, and Nephalem Rifts. The latter are randomly generated dungeons that will have you steamroll over hordes of enemies, climaxing in the appearance of the Rift Guardian and, of course, rewarding you with lots and lots of shiny new armor pieces ?

I can only repeat myself. If you are looking for a game to relax, a game that allows you to simply be OP and destroy everything, a game to play in coop while chatting with a friend, then Diablo III is definitely a top candidate.

100% Challenge

What comes with randomized dungeons, randomized loot, multiple class options, a bounty system, ...? Of course... a really, REALLY grindy platinum.

As mentioned above, the game doesn’t really pose any type of challenge unless you are deliberately looking for one. But boy does it want you to grind for all its trophies. Most are straightforward and will come naturally, others will have you repeating the same tasks over and over again. Luckily, @Mori and I got a bit of help to lesser that grind…

You actually only need to complete the campaign once. But you still need to level up five characters up to their maximum level of 70, and a sixth one in hardcore mode (i.e. with permadeath enabled). This sounds like a long grind, doesn’t it? That's because it really is, and it could easily take 20-30 hours of grinding just to get this trophy. But I also mentioned that you can be really OP in this game, didn’t I? Well, we organized a session where the host had this really powerful character, and started a Nephalem Rift on the highest available difficulty setting. Mori and I were incredulous when only 10 seconds into the session our level 1 characters had already reached level 50 :D At the end of the Rift we were already at level 70… Repeat this four more times and voilà, five level 70 characters in about half an hour!

Other than that, you need to complete 500 Bounties, which is a bit excessive and repetitive, and kill 100 Treasure Goblins, a specific creature that spawns pretty rarely. There are also grindy trophies that came with the DLC, where you need to play as a Necromancer and kill enemies in specific ways.

Given the grindy nature of the trophies, I'm actually surprised by the high trophy rarities ?

• Like 4

Mega congrats for the Diablo III platinum, that really is one hell of an achievement!

I have a question regarding this game and you really are the person to answer, since you played Diablo 2 : What is the "secret ingredient" that is missing from this game?

To give a little insight about my question : First and foremost, I am a dedicated single player...player xD (reason why I struggle in normally easy to co-op games is because I am stubborn in soloing them - see Nioh). Also, I played Diablo 2 alot. Well not as much as you, but I still finished the game with the Necromancer and the Sorceress on all 3 difficulties and it was the best hack & slash loot based ARPG I ever played. The game was tight, was fun, it was challenging (the first miniboss huntress from World 1 cemetery really kicked my butt the first time I encountered her, I believe she even had a sidequest). I still remember how I struggled against Duriel in World 2 and how Diablo was awe inspiring but couldn't compare to Baal. Not to get into details, Diablo II was  "the shit" back in the day xD .

Now, I booted up Diablo III a while ago, got the trusty Necromancer because he's my trusty cannon fodder generator and off I went. The game....is alright. It's ... nothing special. I just spam the floor spikes. Normally Necromancer should be a squishy commander who can throw waves of skeletons while running around and spamming spikes. Now I can even go melee the entire map. Yes I am in World 1 still but...something is missing. Something is not yet complete and I don't figure out why. The game bored me in the first 2 hours oddly enough!

Disregarding the trophies, I have enough time to deal with them, but how do you actually start Diablo III and enjoy it in single player, coming from the masterpiece that was Diablo II xD ? I really wish to give it another chance but boy is it hard when I actually fell asleep while mashing the buttons(luckily the controllers vibrate and I woke up, I still wasn't in any mortal danger)

• Like 1

Enjoy WipEout! That game was good although the Zone Events in 2048 were pretty tough and the Elite AI in HD can be frustrating at times. And if I can return the favor of idling so you can get the 3 online trophies quickly let me know ?.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Copanele said:

I have a question regarding this game and you really are the person to answer, since you played Diablo 2 : What is the "secret ingredient" that is missing from this game?

Damn that's a really difficult question... Don't get me wrong, I know exactly what you mean, but really pinning the reasons down is really tough. Lemme try though... ?

I have a couple of ideas related to multiplayer that make Diablo II better, but since you say you play exclusively in single player, I will skip those. Otherwise, I can only think of a handful of design differences that, in my opinion, make Diablo II the better game. Keep in mind that between the team that developed Diablo and Diablo II was not the same than the one that developed Diablo III... 

• D2 had potions and consumables, and plenty of those... Mana potions, stamina potions, health potions... every so often you would need to go back to town and replenish those, or at least I remember doing so. In D3 on the other hand you have one single potion on a cooldown... 
    This might seem like a stupid reason to prefer one game over the other, but it's not really about the potions themselves. I just remember that having enough potions was crucial, especially as a sorcerer, and that healing potions were important, too. That in turns means that the game was, at least to me and at the time, more challenging, more complex. In D3, I didn't need to heal once until I got to Act 4, and there only because we increased the difficulty as far as we could. 

• More important is the Character progression. In D2 you had to spend your limited skill points to make your character stronger in the attributes that mattered for the build you were going for (you know, the RPG part in ARPG). You also needed to spend points to unlock abilities from the tree. In contrast, within a single class, every character at maximum level 70 feels the same in D3, with the only differences coming from the equipment you choose. 

For example, I remember spending hours upon hours trying to build a perfect tri-element sorceress in D2, on paper! It was really hard to make that idea viable, and the character would have been much stronger if I had just focused on fire, or two elements at most. But really thinking about the best way to make a working tri-element sorceress was just so much fun, and so complex, too! Every single skill point I spent, every single attribute I raised mattered, and the end result was satisfying.
    In D3 you can just level up your character to 70 and then experiment with the different attacks, which are all unlocked anyways. No RPG elements, at least not really. In that regard, D3 feels more like an action game than an RPG. 

• I'm not surprised that you write that you just mash Bone Spikes... Weapons just don't really matter. In D2 you would still use your primary weapon, so in the scenario of a Necro you would still be rocking a Bow or something to complement the close quarter combat from your minions. In D3, your primary weapon is completely irrelevant... Maze, Sword or Axe? Just whatever has the larger numbers, your main attack will be overwritten by some spell or skill anyways. 

• Do you remember runes? Oh man do I remember runes. 

It's just details, but I feel like they were important and what really made your choices matter. They made the game more complex, more varied, while D3 is all about the spectacle and the huge numbers, and much more about the gear and the grind than D2 was. 

Oh and of course I also just remember the great times I had playing Diablo II with my friends, those times where I couldn't wait to get back home from school to play my Amazone,  do some Baal runs to get better gear or join a random multiplayer game with a freshly made character just to hit max level by having a tornado-Barbarian murder thousands of cows. Ah, great times... ?

22 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Enjoy WipEout! That game was good although the Zone Events in 2048 were pretty tough and the Elite AI in HD can be frustrating at times. And if I can return the favor of idling so you can get the 3 online trophies quickly let me know 1f601.png.

Thanks! Yeah I attempted the first Zone event yesterday once and it seemed quite tough ? I have meanwhile done 14/15 events in the 2048 season, and I'm still missing Elite passes in 3-4 events or so... Are those doable with the standard ships or would you recommend coming back with better ships? I am usually one that prefers finishing up everything before moving on... 

Thanks for the offer! Will definitely get back to you on that ? How long do you think will it take to get those trophies? Especially the "destroy 50 ships" one... 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Thanks! Yeah I attempted the first Zone event yesterday once and it seemed quite tough 1f605.png I have meanwhile done 14/15 events in the 2048 season, and I'm still missing Elite passes in 3-4 events or so... Are those doable with the standard ships or would you recommend coming back with better ships? I am usually one that prefers finishing up everything before moving on... 

Thanks for the offer! Will definitely get back to you on that 1f601.png How long do you think will it take to get those trophies? Especially the "destroy 50 ships" one... 

Well that really depends on the type of events you still need to do. I used different ships for different events. 

Race events: Feisar Speed or Feisar Prototype (best one)

Battle Events: Qirex Battle or Auricom Prototype 

Zone Events: AG Agility, AG Prototype or Feisar Agility

Now I don’t remember when you actually unlock some of these ships. But you get the Feisar Prototype pretty fast and it’s the best ship for Racing/Time Trials.

The online trophies take about an hour. I’ll actively help you with the 50 kills to make it a bit faster if you want. For the online races I can just idle at the start.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Diablo quote

Wow...yes I feel like you nailed down the details that diablo 2 did right. Did not know that the dev team was different. There's also the monster feeling "monsterly", mainly because of the graphics and the sound they were doing. It felt like you were slaughtering every single monster as brutal as possible (doom style). Here it's like I am smacking crackers with a little spoon. The effects and graphics were way more innovative(at that time).

I do remember runes, you know what else I remember? THE HORADRIC CUBE! Man that item was friggin AWESOME ! Doing all sorts of combinations and stuff and even acting as a backpack!Also used for making OP runes. The Horadric Cube might be one of the best McGuffin in videogames. Spent so much time experimenting what can be transmutated, had an entire list of it(did not have internet back in the day).

Thanks very  much for the reply and for the awakened nostalgia xD I think when I will restart D3, I will just search a tv show or a long ass podcast to watch while I turbo mash the entire game.

• Like 1

Diablo 2 was made in a time when computer RPGs were still at their peak in the late 1990s, early - mid 2000s. What that game did was revolutionary. This and Starcraft 1 were what cemented Blizzard Entertainment in gaming history. 

Diablo 3 was criticized out the ass back when it came out. Even today there are aspects to this game that don’t hold a candle to Diablo 2. I feel it was dumbed down to appeal to a bigger audience. 

In Diablo 2, certain classes like the Assassin required a lot of forethought and planning in order to use them effectively. The game was easy to get into but very difficult to master. The Paladin was best suited for multiplayer games. If you took the ‘Curse’ path with the Necromancer you really had to know what you were doing. I always chose the Summoning Path because I preferred having skeletons and a golem to soak up damage and have them get aggroed. 

It’s sad how dumbed down games have had to get because today’s audience doesn’t want to think. I will bet everything that Diablo 4 will be incredibly streamlined, while taking out core aspects that made for proper strategy. Just like what Blizzard did to World of Warcraft.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, GameMatter said:

I am currently going through the normal version of Superhot and having a blast with it. Curious to try it with VR myself when I finally get a hold of one.

I can imagine that Superhot is even more fun in VR, since you don't just move with the controller but really find yourself ducking behind cover, dodging bullets, etc... The trowing mechanics are a bit shit, but you can't have everything ?

Also saw you started Remnant! Looking forward to your thoughts on it. It was one of my surprise favorites from last year.

Oh my thoughts will be absolutely positive.. I adore this game. But I have to say that I'm playing it at the right time... Trophies now also pop for the non-host, so @Mori and I have been having a blast with this game, especially knowing that we wouldn't need to do the plat twice, so to speak ? I assume the game can also be fun solo, but it definitely is an amazing coop game. Only a bit of cleaning up left, so we should be done soon! 

HOWEVER, it seems that Gunfire Games still hasn't learned anything about optimization... The game runs better than Darksiders III, but holy shit those loading times ? Plus buggy trophies, lag, mod-powers randomly not working during the final boss fight, etc... Still, the game is too good to be upset because of those technical flaws. 

I guess I can also use this post for a short update... Apart from Remnant, there are two games that I'm playing actively at the moment. 

Update

WipEout: Omega Collection

The game is quite fun so far. I'm still playing the first of the three games included in the collection, WipEout 2048. I managed to Elite-pass everything in the 2048 season, everything except the zone events in 2049 and I'm currently finishing up the 2050 campaign. Zone events are tough, but they are also a tad frustrating. Any other type of event usually takes 3-4 minutes to complete, but in the zone event you need to race a course for an indefinite amount of time. Every ten seconds you get to the next "zone", and every five to ten zones your ship becomes faster (you cannot control your speed in this mode). The goal is usually to reach zone 60 or 70, depending on the course, so that means that a successful attempt takes at least 10 minutes. 

If that wasn't bad enough, for some reason the courses are not in their regular style, but instead are just filled with tripping and hypnotizing colors, and depending on the color scheme you just don't see shit. I just don't get why they felt the need to design these events like this. 

Then I also tried to play this game in VR yesterday. I lasted about 5 minutes, then I almost threw up ? I might not have picked the best course for VR (Sol), but holy shit! The game is already fast as is, but playing in VR and seeing everything from the cockpit of the ship... ? I don't think I'll try this again ?

Crypt of the NecroDancer

Yes, I'm still playing this one ? I'm currently practicing Aria, probably one of the most difficult characters to clear. Aria is the grandma of Cadence, and as such is pretty fragile. She starts with the basic dagger and cannot change weapons, has only half a heart and cannot increase her health (thus dies in one hit), and she also dies on a missed beat. If that wasn't bad enough, she does the zones in reverse, i.e. starts in Zone 4 and works her way to Zone 1. That means that she has to deal with the most difficult enemies from the start, when you don't yet have better equipment or spells. 

Despite the difficulty, she is actually pretty fun to play! And I think I'm making a bit of progress. It took me about five hours to even beat Zone 4 for the first time ? but in the subsequent five hours I've made it three more times to the next zone. So yeah, about 10 hours of Aria and I still haven't even come close to clearing a run. It is not uncommon to read that some people needed 20+ hours to even beat Zone 4, so I am happy with my progress ? Let's see if I can beat her in under 20 hours! 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 4

Well done! I loved Remnant, it is great but has some flaws in my opinion. First if you play together that the host only obtains story related trophies. Also I found the game getting a bit too repetive after a while. Also I felt the same way about melee as you described, a pure melee build doesn't seem that great. It is nice to see a change to the Dark Souls formula though by playing with guns which worked out nicely. Overall an enjoyable experience altough I wouldn't rate it as high as you, but I am glad you enjoyed it that much.

Good luck on the next objective. WipEout Omega collection good luck with all those gold medals. With your skill I am sure you manage! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Alright guys, some news... I also finished Jotun, and I have to apologize to @Copanele, but the review is probably not gonna come that soon... But I have a good reason for it!

My son was born on Monday 10 February 2020!

So yeah.. I would love to comment on your checklists, reply to your status updates, participate in your discussions,... But right now we're trying to figure out how to take care of our little creature 1f60a.png 

That also applies to gaming, of course.. I'll see if I can slowly get back to my console, but it will for sure take a while before we have a routine. But I have WipEout, Darkest Dungeon and XCOM2 as games that can be played in very short bursts, so let's see! What I'm not so dire about is if I'll be awake enough once I find the time 1f602.png

Holy damn man, congratulations! Cheers to your most satisfying 10/10 challenge yet to come xD There is time for reviews afterwards! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

My son was born on Monday 10 February 2020!

So yeah.. I would love to comment on your checklists, reply to your status updates, participate in your discussions,... But right now we're trying to figure out how to take care of our little creature 1f60a.png 

Oh congratulations, man! And good luck on all your future duties as a parent ?

• Like 1