PS Vita games with ad-hoc trophies

Phoenix_argentea

Hello! =)

I bought recently a PS Vita and I discovered this unique feature: the ad-hoc mode. I searched on Google (and some trophies guides) but I didn't find a clear answer about which games have ad-hoc trophies.

In my case, I'd like to play LEGO games on my Vita (Harry Potter Years 5-7, Lord of the Rings, Jurassic World). Since all of them have the coop mode, is there also any ad-hoc trophy? 

Thanks! ?

did you need to find out if there's any adhoc for the 3 listed. you can plat those without a second vita there's no ad-hoc trophy's. now if it's something like monster monpiece or epic mickey (vita) might need a secondary console or ps tv (if compatible).

There's also Modnations Racers (but this plat is impossible due to closed servers for the online trophies). 

And a lot of games allow to use Ad-hoc for the online trophies (in some cases, it allows to "solo" on online for the trophies, like in Soul Sacrifice and Drive Girls, I think Freedom Wars too). 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

It's a feature if you have real life friends with vitas. Unfortunately, the majority of the trophy hunters have serious social phobia and will avoid most, if not all, contact with other human beings, as long as it's possible.

Considering the fabulous work Sony did with the Vita unfortunately it's more a obstacle than a social issue. If it was a Switch It would most probably be a social issue.

In any case this is a handheld, Internet and ad/hoc shouldn't be mandatory to enjoy games, and inherently trophies should reflect that. Unfortunately they don't.

2 minutes ago, cris3f said:

Internet and ad/hoc shouldn't be mandatory to enjoy games, and inherently trophies should reflect that. Unfortunately they don't.

Spare me, brother. There is less than a dozen games with adhoc trophies and the majority of them were released when the vita was new and it was expected to be a huge success. I'm pretty sure devs wouldn't make that a requirement if they knew the device would flop. I'm also not sure what vita games you are saying that demand internet to be enjoyable. I don't think I've played a single one that had that as a requirement, apart maybe from helldivers, which I could understand people wanting to play it in coop rather than alone.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

It's a feature if you have real life friends with vitas. Unfortunately, the majority of the trophy hunters have serious social phobia and will avoid most, if not all, contact with other human beings, as long as it's possible.

Well, in my podunk hometown, I was the only nerd that had a Vita.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Got mine in early 2014. Would sometimes go on a rides around the place with Near on, and it would always return a big fat nothing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

Well, in my podunk hometown, I was the only nerd that had a Vita.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Got mine in early 2014. Would sometimes go on a rides around the place with Near on, and it would always return a big fat nothing.

I've only managed to make one friend using my vita and it got me the modnation racers platinum. Every other remotely interesting person in my area was too much a weeb to bother actually having IRL friendships. You can't ^-^ or :3 IRL.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I'm also not sure what vita games you are saying that demand internet to be enjoyable. I don't think I've played a single one that had that as a requirement, apart maybe from helldivers, which I could understand people wanting to play it in coop rather than alone.

Smart As and Everybody's Golf spring to my mind. Tennis too. And LittleBigPlanet was built from the ground up with that intention, how successful it was depends on anyone opinion. EDF 2. Probably other players will have other titles on their minds.

1 hour ago, TheYuriG said:

I said it in jest, but you made a good point that when it was being implemented this was not what they envisioned. I don't even know anyone in real life who cares about trophies, let alone anyone who cares about trophies, owns a Vita and wants to play an obscure game from 2013.

1 hour ago, cris3f said:

Smart As and Everybody's Golf spring to my mind. Tennis too. And LittleBigPlanet was built from the ground up with that intention, how successful it was depends on anyone opinion. EDF 2. Probably other players will have other titles on their minds.

Not sure how LBP was built with that in mind. The level creation? Because it's not that important to do or play other people's levels. The main game offers up enough content to be worthwhile on it's own. Playing with other players, even on PS3/PS4 sucks when you have a full 4 anyway since the lag is crazy.

6 hours ago, Dreamcatcher4891 said:

Off the top of my head, Street Fighter X TekkenDead or Alive 5, Epic Mickey 2 and Dynasty Warriors: Next have ad-hoc trophies. I think there are other games but I can't remember what they are :hmm: None of the LEGO games you mentioned have ad-hoc trophies though.

Dynasty Warriors: Next, the hardest Vita trophy in the universe. Four people owning the game need to play adhoc together at the same time....

Good luck getting that one.

That Street Fighter X Tekken one is also a very difficult trophy, I only got that because after buying a second vita due to my first one being a bit old and battered and was able to boost with myself. Ad hoc trophies are worse than online ones.

15 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Not sure how LBP was built with that in mind. The level creation? Because it's not that important to do or play other people's levels. The main game offers up enough content to be worthwhile on it's own. Playing with other players, even on PS3/PS4 sucks when you have a full 4 anyway since the lag is crazy.

They did spent an inordinate effort in the creation mode, pod and level sharing so I think it's important. LBP trophies even reflect that. And it's quite frustrating to see throughout the game the sections labeled 2x and knowing you can't access them otherwise. And while you're playing any LBP game if you're connected to the Internet you're several times asked to let other players join you.

I'm not a fan of the LBP games. Some clever ideas, the DC Comics levels are quite good but too long. Collecting all the bubbles is fun, but again you can't alone. And yes playing any LBP game online is awful, even with 2 Vitas in the same network there's considerable lag.

9 minutes ago, cris3f said:

And while you're playing any LBP game if you're connected to the Internet you're several times asked to let other players join you.

I'm not a fan of the LBP games. Some clever ideas, the DC Comics levels are quite good but too long. Collecting all the bubbles is fun, but again you can't alone. And yes playing any LBP game online is awful, even with 2 Vitas in the same network there's considerable lag.

Unless you choose autodelcine in the options. Having mp doesn’t mean it’s the main focus. Splosionman, there’s a game that had as a main focus since there’s an entire coop campaign with unique puzzles. Not just a room off to the side in a handful of levels with a little more prize bubbles in them. Plus, local exists so online mp is hardly the main point.

the only intention was play, create, share. And I don’t think level sharing really counts as “online focused”. Technically you can argue that as you need the internet to access these levels, though the goty edition I think came with some user levels or something... but that’s like saying infamous 2 was “online focused” since it had ugc. 

On 2/18/2019 at 3:28 PM, Dreamcatcher4891 said:

Off the top of my head...Dynasty Warriors: Next 

...and Koei can suck it for that.

On 2/18/2019 at 5:37 PM, TheYuriG said:

Spare me, brother. There is less than a dozen games with adhoc trophies and the majority of them were released when the vita was new and it was expected to be a huge success. I'm pretty sure devs wouldn't make that a requirement if they knew the device would flop. I'm also not sure what vita games you are saying that demand internet to be enjoyable. I don't think I've played a single one that had that as a requirement, apart maybe from helldivers, which I could understand people wanting to play it in coop rather than alone.

Developers should have known better. There's no good excuse to me to have trophies that require ad hoc play. Ad hoc together with online? Sure. But ad hoc alone? It's like we went back to the days of connecting Game Boys with cables.

Edited by starcrunch061

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

Developers should have known better. There's no good excuse to me to have trophies that require ad hoc play. Ad hoc together with online? Sure. But ad hoc alone? It's like we went back to the days of connecting Game Boys with cables.

They wouldn't know people would have better games to do and there would be more competition on the FPS market, although that wouldn't be impossible to predict. For that mistake, we have 10k kills trophies in games like Resistance 2 and Bad Company 1. They probably just assumed people would be playing that for a very long time anyway so why not reward them for such effort? They couldn't have been more wrong, sadly. I legit don't think most devs (ay fuck you Don't Starve) would purposefully do stupid trophies to fuck with people.

Edited by TheYuriG

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2019 at 4:19 PM, xBest_1989x said:

Another title that falls in this category is Deemo, I think. It has a trophy that requires you to win 10 times in the versus mode. While you can play against the CPU, it never makes a mistake, so winning is impossible afaik.

Correct, Deemo: The Last Recital has 2 Ad-Hoc trophies.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/18/2021 at 9:01 PM, Bumperklever said:

So I got a group to get together and do all the ad-hoc stuff in all the games we can find. In my search I came up with the list below. I am wondering if there are more then the ones I listed below:

Dead or alive 5+             
Epic Mickey 2: the power of 2        
Dynasty warriors next            
Looney tunes Galactic sports        
Micheal Jackson The Experience HD    
Modnation racers            
No Heroes Allowed: no puzzles either    
Table ice hockey            
Table top tanks                
Street fighter X tekken            
Orgarhythm
Deemo: The Last Recital

Danball Senki W

Thanks for making/sharing that list! I plan to start playing most of those games soon.

@field is another Vita game that has an ad-hoc trophy for winning a multiplayer battle. You need to complete the first level of the game before you can access the multiplayer.

j4Y8POw.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

In the case of Freedom Wars, the trophies are obtainable while online and Ad Hoc mode is an alternative solution that will still be available when the servers shut down. It's a shame not more developers design online this way or by allowing bots in the absence of players.

• Like 1