Rest in Peace PS Vita

DEI2EK

No. ?  Hopefully the Vita PSN store closure isn't anytime near.  I wouldn't be too sad about this if there were a PSVita 2.  Unfortunately I remember Sony had given up on portables, with mobile gaming being to blame.  That was some time ago I had heard this... hopefully Sony will change their mind.

If Sony makes a Vita 2, they need to use off-the-shelf microSD cards rather than some proprietary format.  Nintendo did a good thing using them for the Switch, & you don't have to break the bank for a 256 GB one (I've seen them for less than $50).

Sony should have made their PlayStation Classic a rebranded VitaTV dressed in a PS1 shell.  Vita does have PS1 compatibility.  Doing so would have meant more PS1 game sales on PSN.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, coldsphinx93 said:

My vita will be loved until I finish my backlog...

Wish I could give you two up votes. One for the comment and one for that profile pic.

2 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

They're going to regret stopping production on it when the exclusive Bioshock game is released.

Lol, I remember that.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

it had zero marketing,

False.

zero first party support

False.

Sony literally put out more first/second party titles for Vita than Nintendo did for Switch at launch. And I only put two videos because I'm lazy and that's all that's needed to counter the nonsense claim of "zero". Their marketing was TERRIBLE, not nonexistent. They barely featured the games, and the Taco Bell one sucked to advertise the system itself. And by 2nd year it was almost entirely about remote play, then nothing since leadership changed and so did priories and Vita got the boot.

edit; And in Japan they had like two Japanese games so of course it flopped there forever because Sony focused on getting western developers. Square Enix then didn't really support the system after launch until it had already died in the west. Had they got on board earlier I think Japan would've bought into it faster. But they only released that Pikimin-esk Hell game and that one hunting game which I think was also on PSP. Which was another issue, lots of Japanese games were also still on PSP.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 3

Despite that there were some good games on Vita, this console still seemed an unquestionable failure.

I bought my Vita while flight transfer in Dubai in 2013, after that it did bring me some enjoyable time. Due to my work i travelled a lot so i always brought my Vita with me and prepared some game to kill time and earn the trophies.

I don't think that neither Sony nor Nintendo will make another Handheld console as it's already the mobile phone's generation.

9 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

False.

False.

Sony literally put out more first/second party titles for Vita than Nintendo did for Switch at launch. And I only put two videos because I'm lazy and that's all that's needed to counter the nonsense claim of "zero". Their marketing was TERRIBLE, not nonexistent. They barely featured the games, and the Taco Bell one sucked to advertise the system itself. And by 2nd year it was almost entirely about remote play, then nothing since leadership changed and so did priories and Vita got the boot.

edit; And in Japan they had like two Japanese games so of course it flopped there forever because Sony focused on getting western developers. Square Enix then didn't really support the system after launch until it had already died in the west. Had they got on board earlier I think Japan would've bought into it faster. But they only released that Pikimin-esk Hell game and that one hunting game which I think was also on PSP. Which was another issue, lots of Japanese games were also still on PSP.

A launch trailer and 1 AAA game in a 7 year life span does not equate a good run lol

i didnt mean absolute zero

Just more like, barely any

edit: theres alot of sarcasm to my posts but yeah, they gave the PS Move more support than the vita lmao

Edited by Property_Damage

Well... To be fair, the PS3 was discontinued years ago too and I haven't pressed F on that one just yet ?

It's a shame Sony is killing the console already but I don't feel the need to press F on my keyboard. At least not until my Vita dies and I'm unable to repair it or get another one. :P

I have 2 Vitas, one I played so much that the rubber on both sticks has worn to the bone, it's just two pieces of white plastic. Best handheld ever, must have sunk 1000+ hours into Vita games, and using it as a media player, mp3 player whilst out walking and playing it on the train to and from work everyday, I don't know where I'd be without it, smart phones suck in comparison. I might have to get a 3rd if they are ceasing production soon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

A launch trailer and 1 AAA game in a 7 year life span does not equate a good run lol

i didnt mean absolute zero

Just more like, barely any

edit: theres alot of sarcasm to my posts but yeah, they gave the PS Move more support than the vita lmao

You said zero. I gave one example because 1 > 0. Which is all it takes to prove what I said, that what you were saying is false.

I can give more examples.

2 > 0 too.

By the way, AC3 Liberation was not a launch title, so that was not a "launch" trailer. It wasn't a trailer either, it was an actual ad that aired on television. The Taco Bell commercials were the first ads in NA, that aired prior to it launching since it was a giveaway like they've done with PS VR and I believe PS4 itself as well.

I don't care that someone else said it had a "good run" that's so vague. I care that you said "zero". Be accurate, instead of fling out hyperbole.

Plus, someone saying it had a "good run" is hardly something to argue against. Depends on what they mean specifically and they didn't specify. And you didn't ask. To Sony? Obviously not a good run, hence them pulling support. But, they still produced it and carts for a long time after it "died". It did decently in Japan, it took awhile to get there but it did. If you liked indies and Japanese games then it did have a pretty good run. If you wanted tons of Uncharted, Killzone and other bigger western titles, then it had a terrible run overall with everything being in the first 2 years.

Depends.

If you want to criticize Sony's handling of Vita, do so accurately. There's a lot of things to get into. Like I already mentioned the fact the ads they did have were TERRIBLE. Just like the terrible Kevin Butler or whatever ads. They may have entertained people, but they became more about the character than the games they were supposed to be selling. So they ended up failing. The Vita ads didn't sell the system or it's games. The memory card prices, and Sony not pivoting to adjust that huge issue when the Vita wasn't taking off (especially since Nintendo aggressively dropped their price $80; though they were always overpriced at $250). The dumb idea of the 3G model. The useless port, I don't know how much it would've saved in production but given it was used for literally nothing it would've at least lowered the cost somewhat to not have it there at all. Lack of Japanese games on launch for Japan, nearly everything was focused on the west.

I could go on. But the lie that Sony put out "zero" ads and "zero" games is just useless for an actual discussion on the problems they made.

Edited by Elvick_

i wouldn't be worried too much about them shutting down ps3/vita games off the psn. hell if they somehow introduce backwards compatibility in the next console at least for ps3 they'll be in business for a long time to come.

wouldn't worry too much about vita, unless the whole service goes to a close is when they'll take those games down (still playing vita myself).

Edited by kingdrake2

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

You said zero. I gave one example because 1 > 0. Which is all it takes to prove what I said, that what you were saying is false.

I can give more examples.

2 > 0 too.

By the way, AC3 Liberation was not a launch title, so that was not a "launch" trailer. It wasn't a trailer either, it was an actual ad that aired on television. The Taco Bell commercials were the first ads in NA, that aired prior to it launching since it was a giveaway like they've done with PS VR and I believe PS4 itself as well.

I don't care that someone else said it had a "good run" that's so vague. I care that you said "zero". Be accurate, instead of fling out hyperbole.

Plus, someone saying it had a "good run" is hardly something to argue against. Depends on what they mean specifically and they didn't specify. And you didn't ask. To Sony? Obviously not a good run, hence them pulling support. But, they still produced it and carts for a long time after it "died". It did decently in Japan, it took awhile to get there but it did. If you liked indies and Japanese games then it did have a pretty good run. If you wanted tons of Uncharted, Killzone and other bigger western titles, then it had a terrible run overall with everything being in the first 2 years.

Depends.

If you want to criticize Sony's handling of Vita, do so accurately. There's a lot of things to get into. Like I already mentioned the fact the ads they did have were TERRIBLE. Just like the terrible Kevin Butler or whatever ads. They may have entertained people, but they became more about the character than the games they were supposed to be selling. So they ended up failing. The Vita ads didn't sell the system or it's games. The memory card prices, and Sony not pivoting to adjust that huge issue when the Vita wasn't taking off (especially since Nintendo aggressively dropped their price $80; though they were always overpriced at $250). The dumb idea of the 3G model. The useless port, I don't know how much it would've saved in production but given it was used for literally nothing it would've at least lowered the cost somewhat to not have it there at all. Lack of Japanese games on launch for Japan, nearly everything was focused on the west.

I could go on. But the lie that Sony put out "zero" ads and "zero" games is just useless for an actual discussion on the problems they made.

Wow, my guy, did you really just write a wall of text for a 7 year old handheld that sony threw the towel in on shortly after launch

Yup i said zero because when you are a global conglomerate such as sony thats worth billions of dollars and said company spends millions of dollars trying to develop the next big gaming handheld and after 7 years you only have 2 commercials that got literally no air time what so ever, i cant remember the last time i saw an advertisement for ps vita, except for launch, and i only saw it once, maybe twice..and after 7 years it only has 4 AAA titles, yeah, that mind as well be fucking zero

youre net worth sony is some ungodly number and you put no effort into trying to sell the damn thing

but you see ps4 ads almost daily, they market the hell out of that but not ps vita, so..

again, here comes the zero

Zero effort

zero marketing

zero zero zero!!

sony comes up with a brilliant idea and finds a way to destroy it

enjoy your indie box

mine collects dust

ps, please provide more videos that i wont watch

oh and by the way

ZERO!

Edited by Property_Damage
  • Like 2