Quick Trophy Roadmap

bladesoframen

Let me see if I understand...

I can play the game normally, get the Normal Ending. 

So load the save before Normal Ending and do the side quests, getting the True End.

After starting New Game Plus, defeat the secret boss getting some bad endings.

Now can load the save and do the True End of the characters.

But how can I chose which character I do the Ending? The game simplely give me the option?

5 hours ago, JuanYoshino said:

Let me see if I understand...

I can play the game normally, get the Normal Ending. 

So load the save before Normal Ending and do the side quests, getting the True End.

After starting New Game Plus, defeat the secret boss getting some bad endings.

Now can load the save and do the True End of the characters.

But how can I chose which character I do the Ending? The game simplely give me the option?

Your understanding is correct.

As for endings, when you do the 2nd+ playthrough of the true end, after defeating the final boss, you'll get this giant option list asking you whose true end you want to see. Just choose the character you want, and you'll get that ending. 

• Like 2

Good roadmap.  For anyone starting to play, this is all you really need to know.  Play the game how you want the first run and then skip through the next playthrough.  It took me only a couple of hours to speed through the second playthrough by skipping the old cutscenes and battle animations.  Now the pain area is a literal pain.  I think it's like 50 nonstop battles.  It wasn't until I beat the area in one go, that I learned you can pretty much come back to point by spending money, which you'll have a bunch of by then.  

At the point of no return, there is a key you can buy from the vendor for 6 million.  I think that lets you go back to the pain area but haven't tested it out.  

Also you should write the guide since this and your other posts are pretty much it.  I can help you with the miscellaneous info if you want.

Edited by EIPsyCongroo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, EIPsyCongroo said:

Good roadmap.  For anyone starting to play, this is all you really need to know.  Play the game how you want the first run and then skip through the next playthrough.  It took me only a couple of hours to speed through the second playthrough by skipping the old cutscenes and battle animations.  Now the pain area is a literal pain.  I think it's like 50 nonstop battles.  It wasn't until I beat the area in one go, that I learned you can pretty much come back to point by spending money, which you'll have a bunch of by then.  

At the point of no return, there is a key you can buy from the vendor for 6 million.  I think that lets you go back to the pain area but haven't tested it out.  

Also you should write the guide since this and your other posts are pretty much it.  I can help you with the miscellaneous info if you want.

Thanks so much for the praise, and congrats on the Platinum. I know the 2nd run took me 2-3 hrs, so it is really short in comaparison to the pain area. The pain area was easily the worse part of the plat. I thought I would be platting the game in like 11-12 hrs, and then the pain came along and drove me mad.

And I didn't know that is what the key does. I'll check it out when I get home tonight.... maybe. I think I have 6million on my account.

As for a guide, I feel like I haven't investigated everything thoroughly yet. If you notice the bad end guide I posted, I'm not sure where the best place is to save for a lot of those boss related endings, and I would love to make sure every I have every map with all chests (or even better, all objectives) on it. For now, I'm happy to post what I know and have. If you or anyone else wants to make a guide, feel free to use whatever I posted. I personally want to wait until I know more before posting an official guide because people should be treating it as the ultimate source and not having to scour around for better information.

Edited by bladesoframen
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, jakachu said:

Will I miss the normal ending if I get true ending first time? or is it even possible 1f914.png

Depends on your last save point. When you get the qualifications for the true end, they game will give you a decision after you beat the boss for the normal ending, letting you choose the ending you want. If you save after you beat that boss, then no Normal ending for you in that playthrough. However, since you're playing through the game twice, you can just do it on your 2nd playthrough.

2 hours ago, Antee911 said:

Where is the end/true end deciding point?

From my limited knowledge of the plot, it is slightly after the first save point in the city in the sky, but if you keep just making new saves or having backup saves, this should not be an issue. Just don't save over your save data with clear data.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Antee911 said:

I beat final boss, didn’t save, and got Lucil ending. Don’t understand how to get normal/true end 

There are three different ways to end the game. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'm being vague here. But it's easy to figure out when you already saw the points.

1.) loosing the battle in Odyssia Shina fights alone -> results in a bad end called "Perfect Ending". Not trophy related, but hey, if they call it the Perfect Ending *shrugs*

2.) choosing not to lend a hand -> will result in the normal ending

3.) choosing to lend a hand, beating the final bosses -> character endings (dunno the way the game decides which one you get. In NG+ it lets you choose however)

From what I read will the option to choose not appear if you haven't finished enough sidequests.

Hope this helps in figuring things out.

Edited by Jjos
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Antee911 said:

I beat final boss, didn’t save, and got Lucil ending. Don’t understand how to get normal/true end 

As Jjos said, I labeled character endings as true endings since that is usually how they're referred to in a game with multiple endings like this. So you have 1 true ending now, so you should now just start your 2nd run of the game and get the rest of the endings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jjos said:

There are three different ways to end the game. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'm being vague here. But it's easy to figure out when you already saw the points.

1.) loosing the battle in Odyssia Shina fights alone -> results in a bad end called "Perfect Ending". Not trophy related, but hey, if they call it the Perfect Ending *shrugs*

2.) choosing not to lend a hand -> will result in the normal ending

3.) choosing to lend a hand, beating the final bosses -> character endings (dunno the way the game decides which one you get. In NG+ it lets you choose however)

From what I read will the option to choose not appear if you haven't finished enough sidequests.

Hope this helps in figuring things out.

Thanks, it does!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Eraezr said:

Is this game good?

Depends how much you play JRPGS. I decided to pick it out of random and I'm glad I did. I enjoyed it a lot. It's easy, but you can always change difficulty any time.

If my opinion's not enough, I recommend to check out gameplay videos.

• 5 months later...

The key to the Pain dungeon is focusing on boosting Agility. The enemies inside have high Agility which will let them take their turn before you. So you want to use the character with the most Agility as your primaries (like Al) and give them Agility boosting equipment. This will hopefully allow at least 1 or 2 of your characters to attack first depending on their level. Al also has a skilled called Parfait Moon which further boosts the speed of your team and will stay applied until they die or their speed is debuffed by an enemy.

Even on easy difficulty, some of the enemies can wipe you out. I think it's the 6th fight of the first floor that there are some flying beetle-like enemies that will absolutely wreck your team in one turn if they get to attack first. A lot of the fights also have a few blue invincibility fields to step on that will temporarily give you a shield, you can find them by exploring the area with the circle button. Shina's Trally Shield (which mimics that invincibility ability) can also help her weather the beetle counter-attack if you can't kill all of them on your first turn.  Thankfully if you die, its not game over, you just get pushed out of the Pain area and you get to keep all the skills you've unlocked, money and items you collected, and level ups. If you make it to the mid-point or end point of one of the 5 floors before you exit/die, you can buy a key to that starting point from the talk menu of the Strain hub area.

Edited by Guardian_owl

• 9 months later...

You don't need to load the game in the first playthrough to get the true end. Just get the normal end, and move on to NG+.

The Pain Area is annoying, but very easy. Literally every single field has an invincibility tile, allowing you to do two things:

1. Use a glitch ability
  2. Change genre.

By the way, change genre is ridiculously overpowered. Lots of enemies in the pain area are damage sponges, but if you switch to, say, fighting genre, they die quickly.

Also, it's pretty easy to enter the Pain Area at level 80+. You'll level a lot in the pain area; if you get over 100, you'll level every battle. You won't get any great reward (just 5 HP), but you get a refill on your SP. This allows you to go hog wild in every encounter. 

• Like 1