New Leaderboard counting only 1 platinum per game.

TheMexiTV

19 hours ago, Mexi-- said:

Hello all,

My request will maybe seem a little by crazy, but I was wondering if it was possible to create a new leaderboard (or at least create a new section on the leaderboard) counting only 1 platinum per game.

What I mean is that sometimes, there are a lot of version for 1 game.

Like :

• Regions version (EU, NA, HK, ...)
  • Console version (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • Remastered

For example, the game √Letter has 10 versions of it.

Sound Shapes has 6 versions.

-> For the very same game.

This new leaderboard, in my opinion, will reflect much better the real amount of game Platinum every user has.

I know there is time spent on versions of the same game, but at the end, it's the very same game.

I agree with you. Having 5 or 6 or 7 versions of the same game is ridiculous! But the fact remains. Those people DID PLAY THE GAMES and put the time and effort into earning those trophies again. Unless it's some auto pop thing like Sound shapes. But other than that. I don't think they will restart the leader board. ??‍♂️

Edited by SuchRemorse
Spelling
  • Like 4

While I like this idea a lot and from the looks of I'd bet you want to see mostly people who work and don't autopop trophies. However I'm not sure eliminating every remaster and different version would do that much good. As an example: I have both versions of Motorstorm RC, that game autopops and I'd agree that only counting 1 would be fair for the leaderboard. However there are also games like The Last of Us, which has both a PS3 and a PS4 version with no autopop of any sort + multiplayer trophies that require some dedication. There are many cases of games that just have different versions with no autopop or help of any sort (Uncharted series. Dark Souls, Metal Gear) and to add even more confusion to that there are games like Battlefield 4, in which you can autopop all the multiplayer + DLC trophies, but none of the SP ones. 

Then again you might just want to see a single version of every game and this isn't about autopop, in which case I'd like to know more.

• Like 4

I like this idea, although I'm a stacker myself. This wouldn't really affect people at the top of the leaderboards as they all usually just play the same ezpz stacks together, so it would just really subtract from all of them together.

I would be personally curious to see my ranking if I wasn't being counted for my stacks. I could see myself going down a few dozen plats with this, taking away my Demon Souls / Sleeping Dogs stacks. Would be quite interesting to see. I also do believe that @Hemiak would enjoy this. I don't see this getting implemented ever because of how much effort it would take to categorize everything and how few suggestions are ever acknowledged, but I still consider this a good concept regardless.

I would find this interesting. Like someone else mentioned this wouldn't replace the official leaderboard, it would just be an interesting addition that interested parties could check. It wouldn't even really have to be fully integrated into the site. 

Sly could set it up like he did the rarity board and we could get to it by typing in the link. 

Maybe 

PSNP.com/leaderboard/nostack 

Or something. 

i was panic a bit when i saw the 1 platinum thing. since i do like to play other platforms too.

ps3/vita/ps4 and even some VR versions.

that's what i get for not allowing myself to wake up fully before posting on here.

Edited by kingdrake2

2 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

Nothing's being taken away from you. The suggestion is an additional leaderboard which only counts one of each platinum, not a replacement of the current one. You don't need to pay any attention to it if you don't want to.

I think it's an interesting idea.

What about people who played hard and long games like Dead Nation three times? They did not waste their time if they knew what new leadersboard come

And some games with the same name have different trophies and difficulty

• Like 1

Just now, IoIly said:

What about people who played hard and long games like Dead Nation three times? They did not waste their time if they knew what new leadersboard come

What about people who played long and hard games three times? Like I said, nobody is losing anything, so nobody's time is being wasted.

Just now, Shadiochao said:

What about people who played long and hard games three times? Like I said, nobody is losing anything, so nobody's time is being wasted.

People want to be high in any leadersboard. They ll be dropped down in new leadersboard. You can create new cite and make any leadersboard you wish

A stackless leaderboard?  Sounds like a good idea to me.  I don't stack and it would be interesting to me to see how that would effect my ranking, if you remove everyone's stacks.

If you loving stacking and are worried...  it'll be OK.  The regular leaderboard will still be there and it's very friendly towards stacking as it is.

• Like 2

Just now, IoIly said:

People want to be high in any leadersboard. They ll be dropped down in new leadersboard. You can create new cite and make any leadersboard you wish

If it's so important to be high on all leaderboards, there's nothing stopping someone getting higher in a new one by playing more unique games. What's the point of creating a new leaderboard to rank people in different ways if we have to make sure everybody's in the same place anyway?

What did people lose when the rarity leaderboard was being created?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Shadiochao said:

If it's so important to be high on all leaderboards, there's nothing stopping someone getting higher in a new one by playing more unique games. What's the point of creating a new leaderboard to rank people in different ways if we have to make sure everybody's in the same place anyway?

What did people lose when the rarity leaderboard was being created?

Rarity leadersboard dont remove games from your collection. I understand you wish new leadersboard to be a bit higher. But it is ok for me if community vote it

3 minutes ago, IoIly said:

Rarity leadersboard dont remove games from your collection.

No.  The rarity leaderboard doesn't count common trophies (everything with a rarity >50% is worth 0).  So, it absolutely does remove games (those with only common trophies), as well as many trophies from games that do still count.

• Like 2

Just now, IoIly said:

Rarity leadersboard dont remove games from your collection. I understand you wish new leadersboard to be a bit higher. But it is ok for me if community vote it

It's not about being higher, I just think it would be interesting to compare how many unique games I have completed compared to everyone else. I have loads of stacks on my profile, and the majority of them aren't quick and easy games.

I have no idea why anyone could be against such a thing if they actually understand what is being suggested. At most I would expect indifference.

I actually don't think a leaderboard like this will change the rankings that dramatically. Some people may move up or down 5-6 dozen spots, but it's not like people in the top 50 will suddenly drop to #1000 or vice versa.

Though, I could be wrong. I'd want to see the difference in rankings before saying that this would be a good idea. The whole point of a new leaderboard is to change the perspective, and I'm not convinced that this idea does that without actually seeing it first.

4 hours ago, Mexi-- said:

For example, the game √Letter has 10 versions of it.

it has 12 not 10----- Root letter las answer is the same!

what a stupid idea so far

as long as Sony develops multiple stackings......

Edited by maxijodi

34 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

It's not about being higher, I just think it would be interesting to compare how many unique games I have completed compared to everyone else. I have loads of stacks on my profile, and the majority of them aren't quick and easy games.

I have no idea why anyone could be against such a thing if they actually understand what is being suggested. At most I would expect indifference.

Ps vita and ps4 versions of The Treasures of Montezuma are unique games cause playing touch screen and controller are different experience. Are Code Veronica ps3 without platinum and Code Veronica ps4 with platinum unique games? And some games have different trophy sets

Edited by IoIly
  • Like 1

I like the idea. Honestly, one of the main reasons people use this site is to look at various data regarding their trophies. I think anything that expands on that should be worth looking into. If it's something the community wants it justifies the time spent needed to develop it.

Also when is the rarity board going to be fixed? It's been like this for quite a while now.

• Like 2

I wonder if you people are legit unable to read the NEW in the title. Nothing is going away with this, people will just have a different way to checking their stats, your old rank will continue to exist as it has always been there.

If you care about the idea, post how it can be improved. If you don't care, step away because this doesn't affect you in any shape or form. It's an addition and therefore it can easily be ignored if you don't wish to participate, since it won't affect anyone.

• Like 4