New Leaderboard counting only 1 platinum per game.

TheMexiTV

7 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I wonder if you people are legit unable to read the NEW in the title. Nothing is going away with this, people will just have a different way to checking their stats, your old rank will continue to exist as it has always been there.

If you care about the idea, post how it can be improved. If you don't care, step away because this doesn't affect you in any shape or form. It's an addition and therefore it can easily be ignored if you don't wish to participate, since it won't affect anyone.

Some players dont want NEW leadersboard cause they ll be drop down there

2 minutes ago, IoIly said:

Ps vita and ps4 versions of The Treasures of Montezuma are unique games cause playing touch screen and controller are different experience. And some games have different trophy sets

I'm pretty sure you're either a troll at this point or you're just desperate for this not to be added for other reasons, but whatever.

Those are still the same trophy list, which is the important point here. The Vita version shares a list with the PS3 version, so it's not even necessarily a different experience. Still, pointing out small fringe cases like that isn't a good enough reason to scrap the whole thing. There's a reason people want this to be added, and I think having it is worth one or two people not having their Treasures of Montezuma stack contributing to this completely optional part of the site.

If two versions of a game don't have the same trophy list then they aren't linked on this site, so presumably they also won't count as a stack for a new leaderboard.

The vast majority of people who are getting the same platinum on multiple platforms are not playing time consuming or hard games. They are doing it with the games that take less then an hour and next to no skill. I don't think they really effect the leaderboards because everybody near the top is doing it. They cancel each other out.

What I would really like to see is for Sony to implement a system where they give more or less points depending on the rarity of a platinum, so you might get 2000 points for completing The Last of Us but only 50 points for completing something like My Name Is Mayo. That way you could see at a glance how one mans 50 platinums stack up against another mans. It might als have the knock on effect of encouraging trophy hunters to play better games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

I'm pretty sure you're either a troll at this point or you're just desperate for this not to be added for other reasons, but whatever.

Those are still the same trophy list, which is the important point here. The Vita version shares a list with the PS3 version, so it's not even necessarily a different experience. Still, pointing out small fringe cases like that isn't a good enough reason to scrap the whole thing. There's a reason people want this to be added, and I think having it is worth one or two people not having their Treasures of Montezuma stack contributing to this completely optional part of the site.

If two versions of a game don't have the same trophy list then they aren't linked on this site, so presumably they also won't count as a stack for a new leaderboard.

Trolls are people who abuse other people. You called me troll cause i have different point of view, opinion which you dont like

Edited by IoIly
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

The vast majority of people who are getting the same platinum on multiple platforms are not playing time consuming or hard games. They are doing it with the games that take less then an hour and next to no skill. I don't think they really effect the leaderboards because everybody near the top is doing it. They cancel each other out.

What I would really like to see is for Sony to implement a system where they give more or less points depending on the rarity of a platinum, so you might get 2000 points for completing The Last of Us but only 50 points for completing something like My Name Is Mayo. That way you could see at a glance how one mans 50 platinums stack up against another mans. It might als have the knock on effect of encouraging trophy hunters to play better games.

PSNTL and TT already have that. PSNP has an ongoing laughable effort of rarity board mentioned before where hackers and/or people who hid their trophies aren't removed. Only reason why I'm not Brazil's 1st:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Just now, IoIly said:

Trolls are people who abuse other people. You called me troll cause i different point of view, opinion which you dont like

I don't believe you know the difference between toxic and troll.

8 minutes ago, IoIly said:

Some players dont want NEW leadersboard cause they ll be drop down there

So you are saying that new leaderboards are only OK if it gives you a better ranking position? Talk about selfish. This leaderboard would drop me several spots, yet I wanna see it seeing the light of day because additions are always welcome.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

PSNTL and TT already have that. PSNP has an ongoing laughable effort of rarity board mentioned before where hackers and/or people who hid their trophies aren't removed. Only reason why I'm not Brazil's 1st:

unknown.png

unknown.png

I don't believe you know the difference between toxic and troll.

So you are saying that new leaderboards are only OK if it gives you a better ranking position? Talk about selfish. This leaderboard would drop me several spots, yet I wanna see it seeing the light of day because additions are always welcome.

Any leadersboard is selfish for anybody. I dont abuse people, dont start fights. He create bad atmosphere here abusing people. I respect forum rules and will not step down to his level. Community must vote it. End of line

Edited by IoIly

12 minutes ago, IoIly said:

Trolls are people who abuse other people. You called me troll cause i have different point of view, opinion which you dont like

I said it because you seem to be grasping at straws with your points. Some of them were valid questions, but asking what Sony would think about the site pushing people to not purchase remasters is what convinced me you weren't being serious.

You understand that it's a completely optional part of the site, so I can't think of why else you'd go so far to try and shut down the idea.

25 minutes ago, IoIly said:

Any leadersboard is selfish for anybody. I dont abuse people, dont start fights. He create bad atmosphere here abusing people. I respect forum rules and will not step down to his level. Community must vote it. End of line

omg lolly, just stop. You're making yourself look really stupid and childish :/. I wouldn't call you a troll or a jerk, but you sure are acting very immature. This new leaderboard idea doesn't have to have anything to do with you if you so choose. Yet you stick around to complain about it?? It makes no sense.

39 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

Also when is the rarity board going to be fixed? It's been like this for quite a while now.

21 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

PSNP has an ongoing laughable effort of rarity board mentioned before where hackers and/or people who hid their trophies aren't removed.

Yes!  The rarity leaderboard needs some work.  The top of the rarity leaderboard is mostly trash right now.  Another issue is that your points can get stuck, where they don't change even though you're earning rare trophies.  I think it's because the points aren't adjusted if the rarity of the trophies you've earned go up.  Instead, it seems that you're stuck at that inflated number of points until you earn enough to pass it and then it'll be updated.  At least, that's as far as I can tell from watching the leaderboard and trying to figure it out.  It's possible both of these issues are related, in that it seems that all you need to do is get your points to a certain level and then they're stuck there on the leaderboard until you pass them (or never if it's a hacker or it's hidden).

I've been thinking about starting a thread about this but decided to wait until after the current site issues get resolved (profiles not auto-updating, PS name change stuff, etc.), as that's higher priority stuff.

While I get why some people might want this, I'm against it for two reasons. First, I don't think it'd be easy to implement. What would be considered a "stack"? Are games from different regions stacks? What about different platforms? What about different editions of the same game (e.g. Shadow of Mordor vs. Shadow of Mordor GOTY or Shantae Half-Genie Hero vs. Shantae HGH Ultimate Edition)? What about remasters? Somebody is going to have to code all that, and keep it updated.

The second reason is because suggestions are very rarely implemented, and I think there are other more pressing ones (like showing games by series). Does stacking really bother people that much, if effort still has to go in to earning those trophies? (Auto-pops, sure, but those are in the minority.)

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

While I get why some people might want this, I'm against it for two reasons. First, I don't think it'd be easy to implement. What would be considered a "stack"?

We have a system that keeps track of stacks already, and I think it's mostly complete. Games with identical or almost identical lists are considered stacks.

You can see here on the other platforms and regions section, only the PS4 and Vita versions of Shantae HGH link to each other, because the Ultimate edition has such a different list.

12 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

The second reason is because suggestions are very rarely implemented, and I think there are other more pressing ones (like showing games by series). Does stacking really bother people that much, if effort still has to go in to earning those trophies? (Auto-pops, sure, but those are in the minority.)

Yeah, updates to this site have pretty much stalled. Work on showing games by series was started in November 2017, and since then nothing has changed about it. It only seems to be backend stuff and bugfixes at this point. Maybe the best suggestion would be to have an active developer working on the site, or a brand new alternative.

But I just think it'd be nice to compare my profile to others in more ways than just the total amount of trophies. There are so many different types of trophy hunters. With the rise of all this Ratalaika shovelware, comparing based on pure numbers feels like it's getting less and less relevant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danceswithsloths said:

yes it does. it removes trophies and games.

If you completed Battlefield Hardline two time both games will be present in rarity leadersboard? I dont care about rarity leadersboard. It show nothing. I have hundreds ultra rare trophies which i dont proud. I respect people who were able to complete hardcore games. We need leadersboard for hardcore players. These guys earnt respect. Community must decide which games are hardcore games and only ppl who completed these games will be in hardcore games leadersboard. We need to know names of the best players

Edited by IoIly

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

While I get why some people might want this, I'm against it for two reasons. First, I don't think it'd be easy to implement. What would be considered a "stack"? Are games from different regions stacks? What about different platforms? What about different editions of the same game (e.g. Shadow of Mordor vs. Shadow of Mordor GOTY or Shantae Half-Genie Hero vs. Shantae HGH Ultimate Edition)? What about remasters? Somebody is going to have to code all that, and keep it updated.

There is a problem with different platforms. For example Minecraft. PS4 version has unique trophies and PS3 version have different value trophies. So all 3 Minecraft versions will be present in new leadersboard? 

Personally, I don't like this suggestion. I've spent a lot of time getting the platinum trophies in The Last of Us (and Remastered), Metro, BioShock, etc.. Why should they not count? Don't really see the point of it. I would understand it if auto-pop games like Sound Shapes and Sly Cooper Thieves in Time wouldn't be included, but that's it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

unknown.png

You gotta be fucking with me. You don't even have a single platinum or completed game, why are you even bothering to give an opinion about leaderboards which you obviously do not care about?

From the posts that I read from him in this and other threads, I really feel that he's just trolling and fishing for reactions all the time..  And that post actually made it quite clear.. 

He's either an idiot just trolling and fishing reactions and that's his actual account (or 1 of many..) or he's just an idiot trolling saying anything he wants while hiding his online face.. 

His opinion really is worth 0 after that post, and anything he says, it's just trolling. 

As for the thread on itself, I'm curious on how it would look, but at the same time, there's a big gray area with the Remasters that add stuff, or in some cases, games that actually have functionality different trophy lists based on region. So, while I think that it would be interesting to see this filtered leaderboard, I also think that it would be really hard to implement in a fair way. Specifically when the rarity leaderboard seems to be put on hold, and it is much easier to implement. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheYuriG said:

unknown.png

You gotta be fucking with me. You don't even have a single platinum or completed game, why are you even bothering to give an opinion about leaderboards which you obviously do not care about?

My psn id is MARLNERO. You are offtopic. Thanks btw with Terraria help

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

From the posts that I read from him in this and other threads, I really feel that he's just trolling and fishing for reactions all the time..  And that post actually made it quite clear.. 

He's either an idiot just trolling and fishing reactions and that's his actual account (or 1 of many..) or he's just an idiot trolling saying anything he wants while hiding his online face.. 

His opinion really is worth 0 after that post, and anything he says, it's just trolling. 

As for the thread on itself, I'm curious on how it would look, but at the same time, there's a big gray area with the Remasters that add stuff, or in some cases, games that actually have functionality different trophy lists based on region. So, while I think that it would be interesting to see this filtered leaderboard, I also think that it would be really hard to implement in a fair way. Specifically when the rarity leaderboard seems to be put on hold, and it is much easier to implement. 

You are offtopic. You even cant tell with which of my posts you are disagree. You just abuse the person without pointing the reason

Edited by IoIly

7 hours ago, IoIly said:

What about people who played hard and long games like Dead Nation three times? They did not waste their time if they knew what new leadersboard come

And some games with the same name have different trophies and difficulty

As someone who did dead nation 3 times, it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit.

• Like 2