New Leaderboard counting only 1 platinum per game.

TheMexiTV

3 hours ago, IoIly said:

If you completed Battlefield Hardline two time both games will be present in rarity leadersboard? I dont care about rarity leadersboard. It show nothing. I have hundreds ultra rare trophies which i dont proud. I respect people who were able to complete hardcore games. We need leadersboard for hardcore players. These guys earnt respect. Community must decide which games are hardcore games and only ppl who completed these games will be in hardcore games leadersboard. We need to know names of the best players

it removes games and trophies based off the rarity, not stacks. but it does indeed remove games.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 1

It just seems a little pointless to me. In itself, the concept is harmless but in practice, when you really think about it, it's a lot more complicated than I think those commenting in favour actually realise. If the removal of legitimately earned trophies pushes someone down then that's pretty stupid. If it wouldn't move someone much at all then that's equally pointless. A list is a list. Even if it's the same game.

Sometimes the trophy lists are altered or have different conditions to unlock across platforms, e.g. Resident Evil: Code Vernonica X on PS3 only has like 15 trophies and no plat, but the PS4 version has a fuller list and a plat. The Assassin's Creed remasters took out multiplayer but made DLC trophies from the PS3 versions mandatory for the plat on PS4. The Uncharted remasters have also took out multiplayer, have different trophies in the main list and a new set for some DLC. Kingdom Hearts on PS3 and PS4 have certain differences in how to unlock a trophy or two. How would this new leaderboard fairly account for all of that? Which list would get picked as the one that represents the game? I'm sorry, but it isn't fulfilling any meaningful purpose by just discounting lists solely on the basis of it having the same name as another, even if the trophies therein are different. Not to mention that many lists are named differently as well- 'Uncharted: Drake's Fortune' on PS3 and ' Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered' on PS4- so eliminating them would also be very, very difficult.

Regional stacks would be easier since they almost always share the exact same list so it wouldn't encounter the mass of problems that I've outlined above, but outside of that it's really just not feasible at all.

Edited by LepreCon91
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Letenko22 said:

While I like this idea a lot and from the looks of I'd bet you want to see mostly people who work and don't autopop trophies. However I'm not sure eliminating every remaster and different version would do that much good. As an example: I have both versions of Motorstorm RC, that game autopops and I'd agree that only counting 1 would be fair for the leaderboard. However there are also games like The Last of Us, which has both a PS3 and a PS4 version with no autopop of any sort + multiplayer trophies that require some dedication. There are many cases of games that just have different versions with no autopop or help of any sort (Uncharted series. Dark Souls, Metal Gear) and to add even more confusion to that there are games like Battlefield 4, in which you can autopop all the multiplayer + DLC trophies, but none of the SP ones. 

Then again you might just want to see a single version of every game and this isn't about autopop, in which case I'd like to know more.

What does the term autopop  mean 

4 minutes ago, Redninja-222 said:

What does the term autopop  mean 

It is when there are multiple stacks of a game and you earning trophies in one basically gets you the for free in another. So like some older games (like Sound Shapes) you could:

get all the trophies in one version, say ps4, -> cloud save in the game (feature of the game) -> load up another version, say ps3, -> Download the cloud save -> all trophies earned in the previous "auto" pop. 

Some games with online that tracked the user you could sort of do similar but not with every single trophy. Take Friday the 13th, you could meet the requirements of one version for say kills, then get 1 in the other and you would get the trophy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LepreCon91 said:

It just seems a little pointless to me, honestly, not to mention a lot more complicated than a lot of you commenting in favour probably think.

We already have a way of knowing which games have stacks. Stacks are listed on a game's page, and in most cases a list will need to be drastically different to not be considered a stack. With that information already available on the site, it shouldn't be much of a problem to have a leaderboard that can exclude those stacks.

It's not like it needs to be some flawless leaderboard that's treated with the utmost seriousness. It's just a little bit of potentially interesting information for people who play more unique games than stacks. It doesn't really need someone digging into each and every trophy list wondering what to do when there's a single different trophy.

12 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

We already have a way of knowing which games have stacks. Stacks are listed on a game's page, and in most cases a list will need to be drastically different to not be considered a stack. With that information already available on the site, it shouldn't be much of a problem to have a leaderboard that can exclude those stacks.

It's not like it needs to be some flawless leaderboard that's treated with the utmost seriousness. It's just a little bit of potentially interesting information for people who play more unique games than stacks. It doesn't really need someone digging into each and every trophy list wondering what to do when there's a single different trophy.

Well does that feature already not make such a leaderboard kind of redundant, at least for the purposes you're describing? And as I've outlined above, a lot of the lists are actually quite a bit different, such as the examples I gave. So I ask again, how would it fairly account for the differences? Because if it's discriminating while not taking the differences into account, then it's hardly a real leaderboard at all then, is it? Whether it is implemented or not doesn't bother or affect me at all, but it's not exactly as simple as that and not really giving the best idea of things, and if it isn't doing that then it's hardly so much an addition  to the site as it is a superfluous feature that doesn't really serve a great purpose. Like if it's not, as you say yourself, needed to be treated seriously, what then exactly is the point of it? If you want to know your positioning without stacks then don't get stacks and hide the ones that you do have.

Edited by LepreCon91

7 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

I wonder if you people are legit unable to read the NEW in the title. Nothing is going away with this, people will just have a different way to checking their stats, your old rank will continue to exist as it has always been there.

If you care about the idea, post how it can be improved. If you don't care, step away because this doesn't affect you in any shape or form. It's an addition and therefore it can easily be ignored if you don't wish to participate, since it won't affect anyone.

You say this now but a board like this would just add more fuel to the fire of people downplaying stacking lists despite you having to actually do all the work twice.

Because fuck me for playing an amazing game twice, right?

Where do you even draw the line? Steins;Gate Elite, is that unique enough? Guacemelee Super Turbo? Ratchet & Clank Vita/PS3/PS4?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrUnknown625 said:

It is when there are multiple stacks of a game and you earning trophies in one basically gets you the for free in another. So like some older games (like Sound Shapes) you could:

get all the trophies in one version, say ps4, -> cloud save in the game (feature of the game) -> load up another version, say ps3, -> Download the cloud save -> all trophies earned in the previous "auto" pop. 

Some games with online that tracked the user you could sort of do similar but not with every single trophy. Take Friday the 13th, you could meet the requirements of one version for say kills, then get 1 in the other and you would get the trophy

Ok thanks that sounds very lazy. I have all bf4 trophies and if i ever go and  plat my games twice i will keep this in mind for the games i can do this with

1 hour ago, BlindMango said:

Not a terrible idea in my opinion - That would be an interesting leaderboard :P 

Similar to this topic I was kind of personally thinking maybe a indicator should be added to a profile to address at a glance whether a high percentage of their platinums are shovelware stacks or normal games. Games with a platinum with a normal or rare percentage rate would positively affect it and games with a comically high platinum percentage rate (80%+) would negatively affect it. Unfortunately platinums are getting to the point where they aren't going to be a useful gauge at a glance of the efforts people went through in each list. This may not be a well liked idea though but I think ultimately it will have to be added at some point in a way lol

Is this not just the existing average rarity stat?

Also, due to the nature of the games and disgusting trophy whores skipping through them, VNs often have 80+% plats despite sometimes taking 30+ hours if you actually play it as intended, and being punished for playing a legitimately great game just because some shitty trophy whores tanked the rarity isnt a very pleasent idea.

Just now, LepreCon91 said:

Well does that feature already not make such a leaderboard kind of redundant? And as I've outlined above, a lot of the lists are actually quite a bit different, such as the examples I gave, hence they are not showing up in the way you have described. If it does, then fine, but if not, then I ask again, how would it account for the differences? Whether it is implemented or not doesn't bother me at all, but it's not exactly as simple as that and not really giving the best idea of things. And if it's not, as you say, needed to be treated seriously, what then exactly is the point of it?

No, the leaderboard would let you compare your profile with others in terms of unique games. That feature just lets you know that other versions of the same game exist. But it can be used to easily see which games have stacks and therefore detect multiples of the same game on a profile.

And I just mean that there's no point fussing over the small details because it's never going to be perfect. Otherwise people will just get bogged down arguing over tiny differences in lists. It's better to not be too strict, and since we already have a system in place for detecting stacks, I think those rules will be fine for any leaderboard.

None of the leaderboards are really serious. A lot of the Japan leaderboard is probably alternate accounts used for buying Japanese games rather than actual Japanese people. But more information about your profile and what's going on around you can't hurt.

2 hours ago, madbuk said:

You say this now but a board like this would just add more fuel to the fire of people downplaying stacking lists despite you having to actually do all the work twice.

Because fuck me for playing an amazing game twice, right?

Where do you even draw the line? Steins;Gate Elite, is that unique enough? Guacemelee Super Turbo? Ratchet & Clank Vita/PS3/PS4?

In a recent thread I was disappointed (but not really surprised- this is the internet, after all) to see that there is a bit of a culture of downplaying or even openly mocking stacked trophies. This could further this toxic behaviour- this is a trophy hunting site, whereby the more trophies you have, the better your standing, so as long as you earned the trophies legit then what exactly is the problem? I fear this could just give certain people notions about what makes for "real" trophy hunters, which is an opinion best kept to oneself.

1 hour ago, Shadiochao said:

No, the leaderboard would let you compare your profile with others in terms of unique games. That feature just lets you know that other versions of the same game exist. But it can be used to easily see which games have stacks and therefore detect multiples of the same game on a profile.

And I just mean that there's no point fussing over the small details because it's never going to be perfect. Otherwise people will just get bogged down arguing over tiny differences in lists. It's better to not be too strict, and since we already have a system in place for detecting stacks, I think those rules will be fine for any leaderboard.

None of the leaderboards are really serious. A lot of the Japan leaderboard is probably alternate accounts used for buying Japanese games rather than actual Japanese people. But more information about your profile and what's going on around you can't hurt.

Sorry but if it is a leaderboard on a trophy hunting site then it does need to be strict or else it's pointless, in my humble opinion (and my stipulations aren't so much strict as they are necessary in order to actually function as a leaderboard). Like I said, harmless in itself but really not serving much purpose. And I'm not sure about the Japanese leaderboard either, I'm sure that pretty much anyone who has the gumption to make an Asian account to buy games exclusive to those stores would know that they could just download those games to their system and then play it on their actual account. Look, we're probably not going to see eye-to-eye on this. I see what you mean and I get where you're coming from but it really just doesn't strike me as a good or beneficial idea at all, not necessarily in and of itself but by virtue of how trophy lists actually work. It just couldn't work as a leaderboard of trophies earned at all and therefore doesn't work at all. You may as well just have a feature that disable stacks on the games page if you want to see what unique games there are.

Edited by LepreCon91

1 hour ago, IoIly said:

My psn id is MARLNERO. You are offtopic. Thanks btw with Terraria help

You are offtopic. You even cant tell with which of my posts you are disagree. You just abuse the person without pointing the reason

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anything other than the post Yuri quoted.. That's beside the point. 

And it's not the 1st time that I see you start something and than use the "You are offtopic" line, you use that because you lack argument, that's a really blank statement coming from someone that's not even a old timer here, let alone a Mod (those are the only ones with authority to judge if someone is or isn't on topic, not some random guy). This are the usual defenses of a troll that lost a battle, nothing more.. 

You can claim to be whoever you are, but at this point, I would require some proof, to believe that..

And by the way, I was on topic in the other post, since I actually left my view on the subject of this thread on that post...

27 minutes ago, LepreCon91 said:

Regional stacks would be easier since they almost always share the exact same list so it wouldn't encounter the mass of problems that I've outlined above, but outside of that it's really just not feasible at all.

Actually even those could be a problem, since some region versions may have content that influence the trophies, while the others don't (I'm talking about the debug mode in a few Korean versions of games, but forgot the name). 

And there's also games with different trophy requirements between regions (Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend for Vita in the West. The JPN vita version has the same trophies as the ps3/ps4 version, but the Vita version on the West had story mode add as dlc, so those trophies aren't in thar Vita list, but according to PSNProfiles, those 3 are stacks). 

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3519-blazblue-chronophantasma-extend

I'm not commenting on the other points of your post, because I agree with that, remasters (just as HD ports or with changes or extra content to the actual) a lot of times have changes to how some trophies are earned, making it hard on where to draw the line. 

I really think that it is much more complex than some may think, and as I said before, there's room for an even bigger gray area than on the main leaderboard, and I don't think it would be that easy to define what is and isn't considered a stack. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Actually even those could be a problem, since some region versions may have content that influence the trophies, while the others don't (I'm talking about the debug mode in a few Korean versions of games, but forgot the name). 

And there's also games with different trophy requirements between regions (Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend for Vita in the West. The JPN vita version has the same trophies as the ps3/ps4 version, but the Vita version on the West had story mode add as dlc, so those trophies aren't in thar Vita list, but according to PSNProfiles, those 3 are stacks). 

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3519-blazblue-chronophantasma-extend

I'm not commenting on the other points of your post, because I agree with that, remasters (just as HD ports or with changes or extra content to the actual) a lot of times have changes to how some trophies are earned, making it hard on where to draw the line. 

I really think that it is much more complex than some may think, and as I said before, there's room for an even bigger gray area than on the main leaderboard, and I don't think it would be that easy to define what is and isn't considered a stack. 

So it is pretty much completely unworkable as a concept in every way, so. I don't do other region stacks so like I said, it wouldn't affect me that way and it doesn't bother me at all in principle, I just really fail to see how it is a meaningful addition to the site.

For stacked games maybe a formula that averages both games could be created to calculate rarity-> (Achievers across all regions/owners across all regions).

My question is what happens when stacks have different trophies? Ex. Black Ops 3 has VERY different lists between PS3 and PS4.

Or Plants vs. Zombies (the Vita version has a platinum and full list, PS3 version is only a portion of the Vita list (and no plat))

Not that useful in my opinion: trophy whoring is part of the game we're playing and this involves finding easy games, replaying many times the same game knowing 2nd and upper runs would be easier and faster, boosting and farming to cut earning time, etc... Play legit, earn trophies, repeat.

While this new leaderboard should not harm anyone in anyway (theoretically just an add) this could be seen as a form of discrimination between "good" and "bad" trophy hunters. Is an easy 2 hours new platinum really better than a 2nd run of a 50 hours platinum? Well, the answer is "yes", according to this new ideal leaderboard. But this is not true, at least not for many of us.

I respect hunters that go for harder trophy lists, of course, but in the other hand I do not hate (nor feel "better" or "bigger" than) people that use other regions accounts to buy other stacks, or VN, or easy platinum that I'll not have because I don't want to use other regions games: I play this way, but I don't want a leaderboard for "mono regional account", for example.

Edited by gafpiratehook
typo
  • Like 2

I started playing Spider-Man on my brothers PS4 which has the NA version of it. 
I then started sharing my games with my friend who has the EU version of it, since I wasnt too far along I started again on EU version. Now I have both version on my library with the same throphy list. What you guys are saying is that when I get the platinum for the EU version I will automaticly platinum teh NA version? Having two platinums for finishing the game once?

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anything other than the post Yuri quoted.. That's beside the point. 

And it's not the 1st time that I see you start something and than use the "You are offtopic" line, you use that because you lack argument, that's a really blank statement coming from someone that's not even a old timer here, let alone a Mod (those are the only ones with authority to judge if someone is or isn't on topic, not some random guy). This are the usual defenses of a troll that lost a battle, nothing more

You are offtopic again. Abusing people you violate forum rules. You must change  your behavior

4 hours ago, gameoncomrade said:

Personally, I don't like this suggestion. I've spent a lot of time getting the platinum trophies in The Last of Us (and Remastered), Metro, BioShock, etc.. Why should they not count? Don't really see the point of it. I would understand it if auto-pop games like Sound Shapes and Sly Cooper Thieves in Time wouldn't be included, but that's it.

As i understand they will not touch games with different trophy list. Last of us and Last of us remastered have a bit different trophy list

Edited by IoIly

48 minutes ago, ThalifmUS said:

I then started sharing my games with my friend who has the EU version of it, since I wasnt too far along I started again on EU version. Now I have both version on my library with the same throphy list. What you guys are saying is that when I get the platinum for the EU version I will automaticly platinum teh NA version? Having two platinums for finishing the game once?

No, Spider-man's list is universal across all regions so no, you only get one plat. Even if you played two different regions, you won't get any further trophies. Some games have separate lists for different regions so you can earn from more than one list although it's the same game, but the majority of games don't do this at all.

2 minutes ago, LepreCon91 said:

No, Spider-man's list is universal across all regions so no, you only get one plat. Even if you played two different regions, you won't get any further trophies. Some games have separate lists for different regions so you can earn from more than one list although it's the same game, but the majority of games don't do this at all.

But like, as I progress trought the EU version the NA version will update as well for the trophies I unlock right, even if it just count as one trophy.

Just because it now shows two versions on my game list, so I was wondering if one will show as complete and the other not.

Edited by ThalifmUS

2 minutes ago, ThalifmUS said:

But like, as I progress trought the EU version the NA version will update as well for the trophies I unlock right, even if it just count as one trophy.

As long as you are using the same account then you will unlock the trophies as long as you fulfill the requirements, even if you unlocked one trophy on another region's game, you could theoretically earn the rest on the same list but on another region no problem. I don't know if the saves will transfer though, so you're best just sticking with no game.

Edited by LepreCon91

1 hour ago, ThalifmUS said:

No. What they're suggesting is that a separate leaderboard is created where all "stacked" games only count as one platinum. So, no matter how many versions of Spider-Man you platinumed, you would only have one platinum (on that leaderboard, for that game). This should really be called a unique games leaderboard, but it's just going to result in people arguing about what is and what isn't a stacked game. Like what do you do about Kingdom Hearts, which has a similar trophy list on the PS3 and PS4, but the requirements have been changed to make one version much easier?

You could argue the new leaderboard would be "just for fun," but then what's the point of having it? You might as well make a leaderboard that excludes games with common platinums, or walking sims, or F2P games, or games platinumed on the same day, or games beginning with the letter S, or games based off crappy movies, or whatever other random criteria that somebody might find interesting. (I, for one, would be interested in seeing total platinums by genre, but I'm not sure it'd be all that meaningful.)

Edited by Cassylvania

As a stack hater i love this idea. Would be cool to see how much of a difference it will make. For those getting butt hurt over this. I dont see what is wrong with more site features? you cant possibly be at the top of every leader board if that is what is worrying you. I saw someone saying it will stop people from playing stacks. If it does (which it wont) then that would be good, they get to experience a new game instead.

Either way im still waiting for rarity and series leader board so i guess we'll have to just add it to the list for now. Sly needs another worker :P

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, LepreCon91 said:

As long as you are using the same account then you will unlock the trophies as long as you fulfill the requirements, even if you unlocked one trophy on another region's game, you could theoretically earn the rest on the same list but on another region no problem. I don't know if the saves will transfer though, so you're best just sticking with no game.

Yeah, I had to start over cause it wouldnt recognize my save.
That is good news! I am still far from unlocking another trophy, I will know for sure when I do.

In a way I find this idea "Silly" to change the leader board in any way.
"ThAtS BeCAuSE YoU StACk!!!" 
No actually because as cool as the leader boards are and as fun as it is to see my ranking in country and world, No one will top the top 10 they essentially are cemented in and always will be, If its anything I've learned from the various forms of competition is 2nd place is first place loser. So don't sweat the leader boards have fun let the gods of trophy hunting fight it out...

Just my two cents 

• Like 1