New Leaderboard counting only 1 platinum per game.

TheMexiTV

4 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Not a terrible idea in my opinion - That would be an interesting additional leaderboard page to at least have because why not :P 

Similar to this topic I was kind of personally thinking maybe a indicator should be added to a profile to address at a glance whether a high percentage of their platinums are shovelware stacks or normal games. Games with a platinum with a normal or rare percentage rate would positively affect it and games with a comically high platinum percentage rate (80%+) would negatively affect it. Unfortunately platinums are getting to the point where they aren't going to be a useful gauge at a glance of the efforts people went through in each list. This may not be a well liked idea though but I think ultimately it will have to be added at some point in a way lol

This would be fantastic.

6 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

I actually never knew this existed. How do I get there using the site naturally?

Also +1 to this idea.

It's a leaderboard Sly made up a while ago but never made a link to from any site pages because he didn't quite like the equation used. He shared the link on a forum post but never made it actually go all the way live :P 

• Like 1

I've been here long enough to guess that the top trophy hunters are probably team based. A majority of their list consists of stacks anyway, because that's the only way you can reach the top is by stacking dozens and hundreds of games.

I think this goes right along with the Rarity Leaderboard. I have about 28 - 30 stacks on my account, adding up to around 1200+ trophies in total. Not a bad idea, but getting a few platinums now is nothing special anymore. I think this idea needs to be reworked a bit for it to be effective.

If you guys are asking for a leaderboard that only counts games once like it used to be during the PS3/Xbox 360 heydays, I'm not too bothered by it. But that cuts roughly 50 - 75 percent of the top trophy hunters trophies, since they rely on stacks to maintain their world ranking.

There have been far better suggestions on this site for improvements and they don't seem to go anywhere nor do we get any response.

As this one goes, it's already divisive and in my opinion meaningless. Once you start segregating trophy lists to give you more favourable results it loses it's relevance. I might give it a once over if it was implemented, that would be all.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FawltyPowers said:

There have been far better suggestions on this site for improvements and they don't seem to go anywhere nor do we get any response.

This is, unfortunately, true. 

It’s the case of the huge amount of milestones that we are now forced to have and that make milestones a meaningless mess.

Several of us have suggested going back to the old model or letting people choose what milestones they want to be shown, but we never had any feedback or our problem solved.

For me, this is much more important than any leaderboard. You can have as many leaderboards as you wish. I don’t care much about the leaderboards. It’s the trophies I like.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Mexi-- said:

Hello all,

My request will maybe seem a little by crazy, but I was wondering if it was possible to create a new leaderboard (or at least create a new section on the leaderboard) counting only 1 platinum per game.

What I mean is that sometimes, there are a lot of version for 1 game.

Like :

• Regions version (EU, NA, HK, ...)
  • Console version (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • Remastered

For example, the game √Letter has 10 versions of it.

Sound Shapes has 6 versions.

-> For the very same game.

This new leaderboard, in my opinion, will reflect much better the real amount of game Platinum every user has.

I know there is time spent on versions of the same game, but at the end, it's the very same game.

a good idea indeed !

But what about a "cheaters only" leaderboard too ? Would be funny to see who's the biggest cheater of all time on PSNP :D

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

As a stack hater i love this idea. Would be cool to see how much of a difference it will make. For those getting butt hurt over this. I dont see what is wrong with more site features? you cant possibly be at the top of every leader board if that is what is worrying you. I saw someone saying it will stop people from playing stacks. If it does (which it wont) then that would be good, they get to experience a new game instead.

Either way im still waiting for rarity and series leader board so i guess we'll have to just add it to the list for now. Sly needs another worker :P

"As a stack hater"

You hate your own profile?

9rHsQHJ.png

Nothing wrong with replaying a great game you already know you like, is there? I put 184 hours into KH 1.5 + 2.5 on PS4, despite having every plat on PS3, and I loved every minute of it.

And given the opportunity, I'd absolutely play all the KH games again on PS5 with more stacks.

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Carol said:

Several of us have suggested going back to the old model or letting people choose what milestones they want to be shown, but we never had any feedback or our problem solved.

Oh dude that is an awesome idea and model to do our own milestone cabinet.

19 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Nothing wrong with replaying a great game you already know you like, is there? I put 184 hours into KH 1.5 + 2.5 on PS4, despite having every plat on PS3, and I loved every minute of it.

I'm with you, I love re-play games with more than one trophy list, I spent around 180 with Persona golden EU and NA version, and more than 600 hours with Atelier games.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Carol said:

It’s the case of the huge amount of milestones that we are now forced to have and that make milestones a meaningless mess.

For me, this is much more important than any leaderboard. You can have as many leaderboards as you wish. I don’t care much about the leaderboards. It’s the trophies I like.

That's been my biggest request for years. From what I've seen, every time the topic comes up, people are more interested in their own trophies than how they compare to other people. You'll always hear people talk about how the leaderboards are meaningless or how the people on top only stay there because they stack games or skip games or use team accounts. And while I think it's nice to address that issue for the few people who actually care about the competitive side of things, I've always believed this is a trophy site first and a leaderboard site second. Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I think the majority of PSNP users like this site for keeping track of their own trophies and sharing their stories with other people on the forums, because that's certainly how it's been designed. Features that give us better, more detailed, more customizable profiles should take precedence over another ultimately meaningless leaderboard.

It's unfortunate that everybody can't get what they want, but that's what happens when you have limited resources.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, madbuk said:

You say this now but a board like this would just add more fuel to the fire of people downplaying stacking lists despite you having to actually do all the work twice.

Because fuck me for playing an amazing game twice, right?

Where do you even draw the line? Steins;Gate Elite, is that unique enough? Guacemelee Super Turbo? Ratchet & Clank Vita/PS3/PS4?

People talking trash of others playing stacks only matter if they care. I do not, anyone's opinion about what I do or do not is irrelevant to me. I don't live trying to please anyone but myself. I could see this being a good idea for people that never stack to see how many points do they have compared to others in unique experiences. I would count Guacamelee/Tearaway as being different experiences, since they have added content in the PS4 versions, despite being majorly the same game. I don't know Steins Gate Elite, but ratchet PS4 is just a stack and shouldn't count.

Besides, it would just be an extra leaderboards, it wouldn't change the focus of the website. Besides, stacking doesn't really help with your rank anyway, unless you are stacking some ultimate ezpz like jack and dill or anything that is 90%+ plat ratio. I don't really need to see (although I do enjoy) 3 versions of batman arkham asylum to understand someone is a fan of the games. Just having every game at 100% once is enough for me.

I don't know the reason why you do stack, but I'm gonna tell mine: I stack because I like having every game of any certain series completed. If i had the choice, I would just never have stacks for any games at all, they should all just merge in the same list. I've done it once, i've experienced it enough, I don't need to play it again and again and again. Sadly devs are stupid (or take advantage of trophy hunters) and they give several stacks for the same game which makes a bunch of people spend more time and money replaying content they have already experienced for more trophies, these people including myself. Stacks are bad and I don't like them, but I put up with them because of my own personal goals, which a leaderboard ranking will never affect.

5 hours ago, Kale said:

Would be funny to see who's the biggest cheater of all time on PSNP :D

Why would you give the spotlight to the people that hack to fullfil their need for attention and feeling special? That would just promote more cheating. Besides, it's very easy to be very high up on the leaderboards using a PS3 and copying trophy folders. It would be more of a matter of how many lists could people get their hands on, in fact.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shary96 said:

Stupid comparison, R&C 2002 and R&C 2016 are two completely different games. And you should know this because you have played both...

And, I like this idea. I hate stacks so I really want to know my position in this leaderboard.

2016 is a remake of the 2002 version. Sure, it has cut content and introduces some mechanics like strafing, but it illustrates my point

Where do we draw the line??

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, madbuk said:

2016 is a remake of the 2002 version. Sure, it has cut content and introduces some mechanics like strafing, but it illustrates my point

Where do we draw the line??

There's no cut content, R&C 2016 is a remake/reboot and, as I said, a completely different game, with different gameplay and different trophy list too. The same goes with Steins;Gate, the Elite version (which you are playing I see) is different comparing to the original, or Catherine, because the Full Body version is basically a reboot of the original one.

Stacking applies when the game, and the trophies, are the same. OP said it:

What I mean is that sometimes, there are a lot of version for 1 game.

Like :

• Regions version (EU, NA, HK, ...)
  • Console version (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • Remastered

9 minutes ago, shary96 said:

There's no cut content, R&C 2016 is a remake/reboot and, as I said, a completely different game, with different gameplay and different trophy list too. The same goes with Steins;Gate, the Elite version (which you are playing I see) is different comparing to the original, or Catherine, because the Full Body version is basically a reboot of the original one.

Stacking applies when the game, and the trophies, are the same. OP said it:

Entire planets are missing from it. I don't remember ever getting to play as giant clank, either.

Elite isn't that different really. I replayed the original when it was on + in December, and a lot of the text is identical. Pretty much all of it so far I'd say (although they really improved @channel)

Also, OP's list of what constitutes stacking is entirely arbitrary and subjective, it differs by person which is why this leaderboard is a dumb idea. "Stacking" isn't a universal concept that everyone agrees the meaning behind. I consider R&C 2016 a stack. And there's nothing wrong with that - just as there's nothing wrong with replaying the game on PS3 or Vita if you've played it on PS2, there's nothing wrong with replaying it on PS4 if you've played it elsewhere.

I did 20+ playthroughs of Rayman 3 before trophies existed. Should I be ashamed of that?

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Why would you give the spotlight to the people that hack to fullfil their need for attention and feeling special? That would just promote more cheating. Besides, it's very easy to be very high up on the leaderboards using a PS3 and copying trophy folders. It would be more of a matter of how many lists could people get their hands on, in fact.

i said that as a joke. i'm sorry if it sounded like a serious suggestion.

You're totally right about what you say.

22 hours ago, LepreCon91 said:

It just seems a little pointless to me. In itself, the concept is harmless but in practice, when you really think about it, it's a lot more complicated than I think those commenting in favour actually realise. If the removal of legitimately earned trophies pushes someone down then that's pretty stupid. If it wouldn't move someone much at all then that's equally pointless. A list is a list. Even if it's the same game.

Sometimes the trophy lists are altered or have different conditions to unlock across platforms, e.g. Resident Evil: Code Vernonica X on PS3 only has like 15 trophies and no plat, but the PS4 version has a fuller list and a plat. The Assassin's Creed remasters took out multiplayer but made DLC trophies from the PS3 versions mandatory for the plat on PS4. The Uncharted remasters have also took out multiplayer, have different trophies in the main list and a new set for some DLC. Kingdom Hearts on PS3 and PS4 have certain differences in how to unlock a trophy or two. How would this new leaderboard fairly account for all of that? Which list would get picked as the one that represents the game? I'm sorry, but it isn't fulfilling any meaningful purpose by just discounting lists solely on the basis of it having the same name as another, even if the trophies therein are different. Not to mention that many lists are named differently as well- 'Uncharted: Drake's Fortune' on PS3 and ' Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered' on PS4- so eliminating them would also be very, very difficult.

Regional stacks would be easier since they almost always share the exact same list so it wouldn't encounter the mass of problems that I've outlined above, but outside of that it's really just not feasible at all.

I was thinking about this a little and it's a pretty simple concept actually. The system sorts games by names, and if there are multiple iterations of the same name (for this example we ignore the word Remaster completely.) 

Given three iterations of the same name, the system hides all but the earliest earned. If there are different point values, the system chooses the highest possible point value. So in the case of one version having a plat and another not, it will always choose the one with the plat. Same thing if two versions have different amounts of DLC. Now, this goes off of the user's point value, not the total. So if they 100% the ps3 version, and only earn 1 trophy in the ps4 version, the ps3 counts because it gives more points. 

There are certain examples however, such as Dark Souls 2 and DS2:SoTFS that would need to be hard coded in. There are some Disgaea and Sao games that have similar situations. Whichever has the most points counts. 

Again, this is only for fun. To see how many unique games people have played. Your true leaderboard rank would not be affected in any way. 

For those thinking this is pointless, do you acknowledge that, right or wrong, there are those of us who value uniqueness in our games? It's kind of how I'm not a vegetarian, but I understand there are many of them out there. I wouldn't try to convince a restaurant not to have some vegetarian meals on the menu, just because I don't see the point. 

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 2