The legendary body armour helmet

cbh114

Go to every care package that you possibly can (that's how I got the legendary helmet + chest armor.) Play as Lifeline as a user above me suggested for extra care packages. If you can, play with a nice friend who will let you take the gold helmet/chest armor if they are to find it before you. Once I found a legendary helmet + chest armor on a supply ship, they were literally right next to each other.  Good luck.

What worked for me was to go to the air supply drops whenever I was in the general area where they dropped, and then late game as you're closing in on the final circle; check every Deathbox that is lit up gold. You have to be fast but don't be reckless and stay frosty. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2019 at 8:13 PM, UltraRareBoy said:

Just got this i wrote to some random player in my squad and he gave me armor and the helmet xD

Tried that yesterday. Dropped my helmet and then the teammate refused to drop the set so I'd be able to get the trophy as well. Extremely frustrating trophy

1 hour ago, VigilantCrow said:

Tried that yesterday. Dropped my helmet and then the teammate refused to drop the set so I'd be able to get the trophy as well. Extremely frustrating trophy

Shit teammate xD You must try this method every time eventually someone will drop the item you want. It's still the easiest method IMO. Maybe try to make a Gaming Session and try with two more guys from this site. Good Luck!

On 2/21/2019 at 9:22 PM, Yaixu said:

Go to every care package that you possibly can (that's how I got the legendary helmet + chest armor.) Play as Lifeline as a user above me suggested for extra care packages. If you can, play with a nice friend who will let you take the gold helmet/chest armor if they are to find it before you. Once I found a legendary helmet + chest armor on a supply ship, they were literally right next to each other.  Good luck.

Lifeline packages dont have golds im pretty sure.

just kill people and play with a team mate that's willing to share. i got this done my second day of playing and could have easily got it a few more times before that had i been looking out for it. looting them off of bodies is the fastest and more efficient way to earn these items.

Edited by dansomekid

Kill 3 squads by myself in one area yesterday one of them got a gold helmet and another gold armour and my useless random teammate just come in and loot gold armor from me. i wrote a pm to him nicely that i want to borrow it for a moment but no response even a fight is already done... i hate these luck base trophies so much, especially in online game. 

Sorry, just want to let my frustration out somewhere. 

• Like 1

For those that don't know. Lifeline is getting nerfed in Season 1. It means she won't have Level 4 Legendary Body Armor or Helmet in her care packages anymore once Season 1 patch goes live. 

You can still get the Legendary gear from the normal care packages that drop but not anymore with Lifeline. When the patch goes live, I'm update a few things in the Guide. 

The patch isn't live yet, so you can still use Lifeline to increase your odds. 

Edited by Leo_the_Lion25

On 2/20/2019 at 8:06 AM, rdhight said:

You can also play Lifeline and pig out on accelerants. Her care package can give gold helmets.

22 minutes ago, Leo_the_Lion25 said:

For those that don't know. Lifeline is getting nerfed in Season 1. It means she won't have Level 4 Legendary Body Armor or Helmet in her care packages anymore once Season 1 patch goes live. 

You can still get the Legendary gear from the normal care packages that drop but not anymore with Lifeline. When the patch goes live, I'm update a few things in the Guide. 

The patch isn't live yet, so you can still use Lifeline to increase your odds. 

I have mained Lifelife excluding a few games on other characters and haven't gotten a single gold armor or helmet and I'm level 65 atm...

Yes. Right now, there is a small chance for gold in her care package, but even that small chance will be removed at the start of Season 1.

Try dropping Pit. The spot in the very center of Pit seems to have a large chance to spawn gold or purple armor pieces, as well as phoenix kits.

• 6 months later...

There's a new training mode coming out soon (might be this coming Tuesday). Now the thing is it apparently will have every item available for you to test things out with, including both the Legendary Helmet and Armor. That might help out with the trophy, just have to wait and see.

As for World's Edge, you need to shoot the loot bot when the orb turns red and it should drop a key. The problem after that is hoping you can get to the vault and not be ambushed, or it's not too late in the game that the ring has consumed both vaults.

Edit: Ok, the Firing Range was added to the game and looting the helmet and armor there will not pop the trophy. Gotta do it the hard way!

Edited by Caesar Clown
Updated info

• 2 months later...

Ignore most of what's written on the guide as it's no longer useful. These days this trophy is pure luck. You can play hundreds of games and not see a single legendary helmet or armor. Best chances would be at the game end if you win, but try to pick them from loot boxes at this time. Also the theory of asking other players is very nice for US players since you have a extremely high chance of getting english speaking players. Try that in Europe...

I did got it by sheer luck in the season 3 map. After trying a ton of times. And amazingly could have had it again the next day.

A lot of patience and luck is needed...

And can't understand either how this is a 2 or 3 difficulty. This game clearly depends on your teammates and opponents. And luck, a lot of it.

• Like 1