Kill Your Completion 9

If this were E rank games I would sign up immediately, but right now I would rather not add more 0 percent (F) games than is necessary.

It's taken me months to finish off a series of games and this will just send me back to where I was before.

Currently I'm undecided. March is right around the corner so who knows, maybe I'll get more done than I think.

Starting stats:

Games Played - 240

Games Completed - 179

Trophies Earned - 6,680

Trophies Unearned - 1,592

Completion % - 80.74%

So at the start of the last event I was at 81.03% and at the end I was at 80.01% so I guess I've made some progress in recovering.

1. LEGO Worlds (:silver:)
  2. Gauntlet Legends (:silver:)
  3. Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms (:hidden:)
  4. Hyperlight Drifter
  5. TypoMan
Edited by Metal Slime King
  • Like 4

@Kevvik have you played the original Outcast from the 90s? If not, you might be in for a really rough ride. I played it recently and it was a very underwhelming experience:

Heads up, you can manually save, it's just not in the menu where it's supposed to be. Instead there's an item in your backpack that called "gamesav". Fairly certain the game doesn't tell you that, and as a result I was waiting for the autosaves to trigger to exit the game. Eventually found it by browsing the inventory for something else.

3 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

@Kevvik have you played the original Outcast from the 90s? If not, you might be in for a really rough ride. I played it recently and it was a very underwhelming experience:

Heads up, you can manually save, it's just not in the menu where it's supposed to be. Instead there's an item in your backpack that called "gamesav". Fairly certain the game doesn't tell you that, and as a result I was waiting for the autosaves to trigger to exit the game. Eventually found it by browsing the inventory for something else.

I actually played the original when it came out. If I dig through enough boxes, I'd probably still find the CD somewhere. While it was pretty groundbreaking at the time as one of the first open world games (if not the first, certainly it was the first game like it that I had played), I expect it would seem pretty dated now and certainly not the revolutionary title it was back in 1999 (I think?). I've read stuff that people say this is pretty much a remake marketed as sequel. I expect I won't be as blown away as I was back in the day but I'm hoping it's still some fun. Picked it up for PS4 in a pawnshop cheap like 2 weeks after release so either someone stole it from the store or it didn't impress their CoD mentality. Good to hear about the manual save, I'm sure it will come in handy.

Besides, it doesn't feel like a KYC for me without a remake/retro title in my list (2 this time with The Bard's Tale).

Edited by Kevvik

7 hours ago, Kevvik said:

I actually played the original when it came out. If I dig through enough boxes, I'd probably still find the CD somewhere. While it was pretty groundbreaking at the time as one of the first open world games (if not the first, certainly it was the first game like it that I had played), I expect it would seem pretty dated now and certainly not the revolutionary title it was back in 1999 (I think?). I've read stuff that people say this is pretty much a remake marketed as sequel. I expect I won't be as blown away as I was back in the day but I'm hoping it's still some fun. Picked it up for PS4 in a pawnshop cheap like 2 weeks after release so either someone stole it from the store or it didn't impress their CoD mentality. Good to hear about the manual save, I'm sure it will come in handy.

Besides, it doesn't feel like a KYC for me without a remake/retro title in my list (2 this time with The Bard's Tale).

i have not played the original, but i did see gameplay of it. it is a graphical update to it, i felt that everything else was poorly optimized though. if i had gotten it cheap, i maybe would have been less disappointed by it, unfortunately pawn shops here rarely do sell games, and if they do they tend to be about as expensive as they are in used game stores. well the difference is that you can haggle, i guess.

35 minutes ago, dizzyshadow said:

My list is starting to take shape

I have 6 definite:

Astro Bot Rescue Mission

SubNautica

Batman The Enemy Within

Unravel

Gwent

Snake Pass

and a lot of possibilities for the the remaining 4 places, I think I've narrowed it down to choosing from the following:

Chroma Squad

Bridge Constructor Portal

Has Been Heroes

Pyre

Submerged

The Witness

11-11 Memories Retold

Assassins Creed Odyssey

No Heroes Allowed! VR

Shaq Fu

Red Dead Redemption 2

I'm open to suggestions, advice (or even requests if you are keen to hear a review) on any of the above.

I can't comment on any, except for Gwent. If you're going for the plat and don't intend to spend actual money, avoid this like the plague. They recently removed the ability to craft "foil" cards, because they wanted the players to feel "special" when they get one. As a result they are only available in packs, with a low chance to drop. I think you need 100 of them, so yeah. That bs move aside, it's a mediocre and poorly balanced cardgame. While it has an interesting approach to it and is arguably more tactical than other card games out there, the amount of broken cards makes this a somewhat miserable experience. The UI, menu navigation and tutorial are awful, the latter not explaining half of the mechanics in the game.

PS: This is not a 1:1 adaptation of the built-in card game from Witcher 3

1 hour ago, dizzyshadow said:

and a lot of possibilities for the the remaining 4 places, I think I've narrowed it down to choosing from the following:

Submerged

11-11 Memories Retold

I'm open to suggestions, advice (or even requests if you are keen to hear a review) on any of the above.

- I played Submerged a few KYCs ago and liked it. It's one of those exploration games like Journey or Rime. More open world than either of those and it's interesting how they are able to tell the story without dialogue. Trophies are pretty easy.

- I played 11-11 last KYC and recently got the plat. I'd recommend just playing through the game and worry about collectibles with chapter select.  The story is pretty good, but not quite great. Can't quite explain why. 

I'd say don't buy it if it's still above $20 USD. 

BTW - my list will be posted later today.

Edited by PerryToxteth