Kill Your Completion 9

Looking forward to the next event! Might have a lot of personal stuff on the go but I'm countering by trying to come up with a 100% Vita list so I'm good on the go for the month. Likely have a bunch of RPGs (a hazard of my backlog but other stuff too) because of it but I'm trying to have a variety to keep things fresh.

• Like 1

Finished Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls from Kill Your Completion 8, which took place in November. It's a 3rd person shooter with VN and puzzle elements. It doesn't add much to the overall lore, but you do get to know Toko (a character from Danganronpa 1) better. This is what I wrote previously:

6. Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls - Two girls - 1 sane, 1 crazy - shoot killer bears to escape off an island. Possibly the best description you'll get out of me, since a bit more info might result in some spoilers. I had a great time with the game. It doesn't compare to the main series but still interesting. The shooting aspects aren't really "tight" though, the controls just feels floaty.

• Trophies: 7/36
  • Rate: 7/10
  • Recommend: Yes. If you played the other 3, might as well play this one, too.

Now that I've finished the game, I do agree with what I wrote months before; hating the "floaty" controls. 

I won't participate this time and maybe the time after that. But I will be checking on the thread. Good luck!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

@Edunstar84 In my opinion Another Episode added a lot to the Danganronpa lore. After all you learn what happened between the first two games and some other interesting things.

Sure it's not as great as the main games and I could have lived without the shooting but overall still a good game.

Maybe my judgement of the controls clouded my memory of the 2 games and of this game as a whole. It has been a while since I played them. I still would need to play the 3rd game to see how it all comes together. Would love to watch some of the anime, too.

9 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Maybe my judgement of the controls clouded my memory of the 2 games and of this game as a whole. It has been a while since I played them. I still would need to play the 3rd game to see how it all comes together. Would love to watch some of the anime, too.

I also still have to play the third game but I know that it has nothing to do with the Hope's Peak Storyline of all the previous games.

Currently I'm reading Danganronpa Zero which is a prequel and set before the first game. Maybe you should read it as well because it is canon to the lore.

When you watch Danganronpa 3 (the anime) there's a very specific order to watch. There are basically two series that are connected. It is best to watch one episode of the first series, then one of the other and so on.

The first anime is just the first game retold so not really necessary.

I ended up going back to 2 games from this event and 1 from the 3rd iteration. All of which ended up disappointing me and none of which I've decided to continue further.

From the 3rd event I went back to Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 and from the last event I picked up Hyperdimension MK2 and Tomb Raider Legend again.

Having now played all the main games of the HDN series (still plan on going back to megadimension). I can say that at least the first 3 games are subpar when it comes to overall game design. Quests are essentially pointless as they give no XP, and the items are not worth the hassle in most cases. Furthermore they seem to exist only to manipulate the standings with the various "factions". All these seem to offer is variations on endings. You're sent back over and over again to the same areas and fight some of the bosses several times over at different points of the game. The item shops don't stock up with new things on a regular basis, which limits variety.

The progression is one of the major problems and all of the games rely on grinding at some point and most of the times it's sooner than later. It feels like padding as these games literally don't have content. It's a lazy way and uncreative way of structuring a game's progression. The side quests are unappealing and unrewarding, the bosses are just sponges for damage.

Both Rebirth 1 and Victory (the third game), halt you from progress after about 3 hours in. Essentially you'll get to a boss fight, and get one shot while dealing chip damage to the enemy, The way I played these was to clear every area once of all enemies. That evidently wasn't enough to progress, in either game and even going back and farming quests and a handfull of levels wasn't enough. Victory was worse than the first game in that regard though. Nevertheless what I considered to be a potential :gold: turns into barely a :silver:.

The same applies to MK2, although it it's far more lenient than either of the other games. Clocked in around 9 hours in that one before it gets to the point of constantly walking a fine line between progress and grind. Still a :silver: though, as I still can't say it's actually good, considering it still has most of the other issues.

Then there's Tomb Raider Legend. It's decent, but the camera and clunky controls hold the game back. There's been the odd jumps into nothingness because camera would jerk around at the time of the jump. The most annoying has been the sort of stop and go movement  While the puzzles are fine and the gunplay is ok, the game itself is just decent and probably my least favourite of the Tomb Raider games I played. It was just kind of boring.

• Like 4

I've been going ham on games from previous events and just finished the story of another one. This time it was from the 2nd event and the game was Battle Princess of Arcadias.

It didn't really change much from where I left off. I think there are a total of 50 missions that sort of alternate between skirmish, combat and siege. Skirmish is essentially a gimmick that kind of drags on.You select a team of characters that are strong against certain classes and weak against others. THe team battles in the background, while you control the characters fighting in the foregrond. In combat missions you just need to kill all enemies and siege are boss batles. It's a fairly basic side-scrolling hack and slash game that lacks in variety. Enemies are just reskinned in a different colour and there are about 5 different area samples.

The upgrade system kind of blows, as it requires way to many materials and most yare just random drops. More often than not, you don't get any mats from the missions. Weapon drops on the other hand are abundant and this works against the upgrade system, as there's no point to upgrade until new game+ when you essentially switch out a weapon after every battle.

The second playthrough is basically just grinding s ranks, levels and affection, which I can't be bothered with as the game is not good enough to warrant putting another 15-20 hours into it.. Still a :silver: in the end, didn't really expect any better either to be honest.

That leaves me with the following to still go back to:

• Transistor
  • Trine Enchanted Edition
  • Slain: Back from Hell
  • Assassin's Creed Unity
  • WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010
  • Okami HD
  • One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
  • Megadimension Neptunia VII
  • White Night

Not sure, if I'll be able to finish up another one before the new event, but I might try and focus on White Night. Kind of regrest going through that one blind the first time round, as I missed 10 collectibles and figuring out what I missed is a bit of a pain. The whole full moon thing is a bit annoying as well.

• Like 4

On 6/20/2019 at 8:08 AM, DamagingRob said:

I'll probably follow along, but I'm going to sit this one out. Got too much going on with Uncharted servers closing, and my 20,000th trophy milestone coming up. Hope those participating have a good time. :)

First it was Billy Horrible, and now it's you. I feel like the band is breaking up.  ?

All jokes aside, good luck with Uncharted MP. It took a few years for me to finally accept that those trophies would stay unearned on my profile. Even boosting sessions can be a drag with everybody on a separate agenda. You are a braver man than I! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

First it was Billy Horrible, and now it's you. I feel like the band is breaking up.  1f622.png

All jokes aside, good luck with Uncharted MP. It took a few years for me to finally accept that those trophies would stay unearned on my profile. Even boosting sessions can be a drag with everybody on a separate agenda. You are a braver man than I! 

Haha, well, at least I'm still around. Haven't seen or heard from Billy in a long time. :(

Thanks. :) And yeah, I can see that. Think we've got a pretty organized group on Discord, though, so we'll see. 2 is probably more doable than 3.

7 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

@voodoo_eyes You have made a very wise decision. Lol. Pretty sure MStalker and I both found Munch's Oddysee to be a miserable experience. 

Yeah, I remember those posts xD Having recently glanced over the trophy guides, where essentially every single trophy unlocking is a coin toss helped that decision. I'll probably still play it outside of the event, if for the only reason of having spent money on it. Might use a different account though :P .

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

Just in time for hte newevent to start, I finished up (yup, this time I actually got the plat) White Night. This was the black and white horror indie title that is all about manipulation of light and shadows and avoiding obnovious ghosts that try to kill you, while uncovering a mystery. This one remains a :gold: , and if it wasn't for the janky controls and frustrating RNG I'd probably rate it even higher. Had a good time with it and playing through it a second time to wrap up the handful of trophies I had missed, only took a few hours.

That leaves me with 6 games + however many will remain unfinished from KYC 10 (my guess is all of them).

• Transistor
  • Trine Enchanted Edition
  • Slain: Back from Hell
  • Assassin's Creed Unity
  • WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010
  • Okami HD

I'll probably pick up Transistor and AC Unity, whenever I need a break from the games from KYC 10.

• Like 2

White Night was a pretty cool game. Too bad it got delisted, so more people can't buy and give it a try.. 

Managed to finish the story for the 3rd volume of .hack, this one only taking about 19 hours. Leaving one left, which I think is just a little epilogue of sorts. Unfortunately, I have to wrap up everything in Volume 3.. How many more hours of pointless crap that makes me want to throw myself off of a bridge will this take? Thunderstorm is making me take a break from it for now, so may not earn anymore trophies. 

Progress update:

Completion percent: 87.65% (-1.61%)

Still haven’t recovered on the percent front, but I can’t attribute all that to this event as I’ve started a handful of games since.

Finished my second Vita game, Collar X Malice. From my final impression I pinned the enjoyment level for this one at a 9/10. & after earning the plat I believe that rating holds. While it’s not in contest with Code Realize or the likes of Steins;Gate, Collar X Malice would make a great introductory VN for someone. With more mystery/detective aspects to it than otome I think it made for a great read. No spoilers, but I ended up enjoying each route that focused on a specific X-Day incident (even the ones I initial thought I wouldn’t). I was hoping the final locked route would somehow parallel all the other routes in some form & it successfully did. This was a story that only improved as it went along. The further into a route I read, the harder it was to find stopping points. The music was another great highlight. The tracks were beautifully composed & help to set the tone for each scene. It’d get a strong recommend from me.

What’s left?

The Sims 3: Pets

Trophies: 27/51

Think I left off working on the baby related challenges. Also, I’ve lost track of the Sim robot quest line. I had the notice for it while inventing & then the house caught fire, leading the cat to run away in fright. Didn’t have the chance to accept or reject the quest & haven’t seen it since. Might have to go for the inventing skill with another Sim.

The Witcher 3

Trophies: 2/79

Still deleted from my PS4. No new progress to report there.

Megadimension

Trophies: 3/35

The difficulty spikes in this game are getting on my nerves. I can’t remember any of the other Neptunia games being this uneven. I’ve cleared those with minimal difficulty, but there’s something off with this one. It’ll be my next focus point from this event. Could take a while, but I’ll finish it.

• Like 4