Kill Your Completion 9

1 hour ago, dizzyshadow said:

I think both of these games are ones i've bought off the back of reviews in previous KYCs (so possibly your playthroughs) 11-11 is one i'm really keen to play as i've heard lots of good things, submerged is one i'm more looking to get out the way and off the backlog list so will probably leave that one for now.

I enjoyed my time with 11-11 and am excited to see what you think about it.  The voice acting is great with Elijah Wood ( who STILL looks like a Hobbit, sans makeup) and a voice doppelgänger of Hugh Bonneville. The trophies list is thoughtful, with random things here and there.  Thank God (!)  someone made a YouTube collectibles guide, otherwise there's no way I'd have gotten the platinum. A few collectibles are time-sensitive but again, don't sweat it on your story playthrough as there is a chapter select option when you finish the game.  Of course, feel free to grab them when you see them.

I can also help with getting all the endings trophies, provided my memory doesn't fail me. :hmm:

@Crimson Idol

Okay, I'm feeling better about my current game time then. It does seem to be holding your hand with tutorials & dishing out mechanics rather slowly. The in class quizzes on the history is a bit unfair with no prior explanation. I'm interested in the story & characters though, so it'll be a long time to completion.

@Kevvik

Thanks for the write up, those are good points to keep in mind. I'm glad I've saved it as my last game to start as I suspect I'll be putting time into 'experimenting ' with the combat system & learning enemy weaknesses. Still a shame explanations are the weakness part. Hopefully it won't be too hard to figure out or remember if I have to come back to the game at some point.

18 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Starting a Neptune series game, my first actually. I just picked this up today. Where I was actaully had new vita games. Dont know anything about the series so will be interesting. 

I think this is just a VN. I needed a break before I did another after the last one.

Megatagmension is one of the spin off games. Not bad at all just doesn't follow the typical gameplay. If you end up not liking it, don't write off trying a main series game down the road.

You might need a break after this one as well. Amnesia has some questionable bad endings. Let's just say that. I'll be interested to read your review if you reach one I'm thinking of specifically.

47 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

Megatagmension is one of the spin off games. Not bad at all just doesn't follow the typical gameplay. If you end up not liking it, don't write off trying a main series game down the road.

You might need a break after this one as well. Amnesia has some questionable bad endings. Let's just say that. I'll be interested to read your review if you reach one I'm thinking of specifically.

I am actually pretty excited to try it. I know neptunia has a huge following and branches off in so many directions. I have not looked much into it so I dont even know if there is like a preferred order or if they are mostly all self contained stories. I dont even like starting a new book series unless it is with book one.

I did Period Cube and some of it was pretty cringy. Please tell me there is no almost incest ending. You know the whole raised together but not actually blood related so its ok is pretty creepy.  

2 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

1 hour ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I did Period Cube and some of it was pretty cringy. Please tell me there is no almost incest ending. You know the whole raised together but not actually blood related so its ok is pretty creepy.  

Just my input and not trying to resurrect an old debate with DamagingRob but Amnesia has some questionable "good" endings, let alone bad endings.  To play devil's advocate though, I did enjoy a couple of endings, they just didn't outweigh the others for me in the long run but I always seem to find that inconsistency with VNs.

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Well, I ended up deciding on going with 10 games after all.

So my final list is this one:

• Hyperdimension Neptunia MK 2 (PS3)
  • Syndrome (PS4)
  • X-Blades (PS3)
  • Akiba's Trip (PS4)
  • Saw 2 (PS3)
  • Tomb Raider Legend (PS3)
  • Blue Reflection (PS4)
  • White Night (PS4)
  • GTA San Andreas (PS4)
  • Tales of Xillia (PS3)

I did White Night on my first KYC (3.0) and really enjoyed it. I found the artstyle really worked for the story and that it allowed me to really sink into it. At least, that's how I remember it. I should check my old review to see if my memory is playing tricks on me.

Edit: Yep, 7/10 final score. Reminded me of a couple flaws when reading my commentary but I'll leave those to you and see if you feel the same way.

Edited by Kevvik
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

I did White Night on an earlier KYC and really enjoyed it. I found the artstyle really worked for the story and that it allowed me to really sink into it. At least, that's how I remember it. I should check my old review to see if my memory is playing tricks on me.

I've been intrigued by that game for quite some time. Being a sucker for horror games of basically any kind, it went on my wishlist by default. Luckily I managed to buy it before it got delisted from the store.

2 hours ago, Kevvik said:

not trying to resurrect an old debate with DamagingRob but Amnesia

Did someone mention the greatest visual novel ever made? :awesome: Okay, it's not that good. But better than the other otome games I've played, and probably some of the non-otome ones.

I am probably not earning anymore trophies today, since I finished the game I decided to start yesterday early this morning. So, here are my starting stats: 

Games Played: 582

Games Completed: 483

Completion Percentage: 91.79%

Unearned Trophies: 1,514

I actually did manage to improve my percentage a tiny bit, from the start of the previous KYC. How tiny? A whopping 0.07%. :lol: And soon I should be done with Rayman Legends. 3 or 4 more days probably, and I will finally be free of this daily ritual!

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I am actually pretty excited to try it. I know neptunia has a huge following and branches off in so many directions. I have not looked much into it so I dont even know if there is like a preferred order or if they are mostly all self contained stories. I dont even like starting a new book series unless it is with book one.

It's a good go to series to play every once in awhile. & you don't really need to worry about order, each game is pretty much self contained. 

As for Amnesia; its been years since I read it...IIRC there's no incest to worry about. But I don't want to bias your choices by mentioning any character. You'll come across every ending regardless when going for the plat.

@Kevvik This is true. It was my first VN actually & the shock value in some of those endings made it worth the read. I liked it overall, but it's certainly not for everyone. 

2 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Did someone mention the greatest visual novel ever made? :awesome: Okay, it's not that good. But better than the other otome games I've played, and probably some of the non-otome ones.

I tried to slide that by without tagging you. ? I've played worse ones too (not on Playstation) but it doesn't make this one any better than it is because of that.  Like I said, I enjoyed a couple of the paths but others, ugh.  Tapping out now before this gets out of hand (and before the player review comes in, reigniting this whole debate...)

• Like 1

When can we start? Are we going GMT? I have my game one ready, just need the starting whistle.

So stats ok hmmm

Games played: 99

Games completed: 47

Trophies earned: 1,681

Umearned trophies: 1,789

Completion PCG: 52.17%

So last KYC, I started off at exactly 50%. I  did  play 10 games and have completed 3 to 100%. Sadly I have not gone back to touch the other titles much since but there is always tomorrow. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

The latter of which I have absolutely no interest in.

Any particular reason? I played Superdimension recently, and it wasn't bad. Pretty short and a dumb Lily/Level grind at the end, though. 

36 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

When can we start? Are we going GMT? I have my game one ready, just need the starting whistle.

I've always gone by my own timezone, which I think is how it always worked?

Doesn't look like I'll be getting any additional trophies tonight, so my starting stats are the following:

Games played: 330

Games completed: 188

Completion %: 69.87%

Unearned trophies: 2,898

Probably will start off with South Park tomorrow. Had a friend choose my first game out of the list.

• Like 2

Starting stats:

Games Played - 240

Games Completed - 179

Trophies Earned - 6,680

Trophies Unearned - 1,592

Completion % - 80.74%

So at the start of the last event I was at 81.03% and at the end I was at 80.01% so I guess I've made some progress in recovering.

7 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

And soon I should be done with Rayman Legends. 3 or 4 more days probably, and I will finally be free of this daily ritual!

Congrats. I've just been doing 1 or 2 runs of the trials and taking what I get. Still at about 5250 / 6000. I recently did Orcs Must Die: Unchained which was a hell of a grind but it left me wondering which was worse, a crazy grind that I could do all at once or the slow. daily Rayman grind.

• Like 2

Going to plat DQB before I start Tetris Effect, so will type in my starting stats after that. Should be enough time to do that and get the three hours for Tetris Effect. I will start on time for the subsequent games. Meant to have it done beforehand, but got sick and getting better has been a bit more important!

Edited by MidnightDragon