Kill Your Completion 9

5 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Any particular reason? I played Superdimension recently, and it wasn't bad. Pretty short and a dumb Lily/Level grind at the end, though.

I don't really like playing turn-based games on the Vita, and from what I've seen the combat is worse than from the other Neptunia games. That's also the reason why I bought tMK2 and Victory instead of the Rebirth versions. Rebirth 1 was the first game of the series I bought, which is the only reason why I have that version, instead of hte ps3 one.

@kingofbattle8174 egarding starting time, it generally is each participants respective timeuone.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

So I booted up HDN MK2 today for a short while. I remember having purchased all the free additional content a while back, as I had done with Victory and many other JRPGs. I was hoping to find an in-game store when I booted up MK2, similar to the one available for Victory. Turns out there isn't one,.. I also noticed that all the free content seems to have been removed from the psn store for any of the Neptnunia games, so searching for them there was also a no-go. So I ended up spending quite some time searching through a download list with 930 items. Great start right there lol.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

Forgot to post my starting stats. Watched the opening to both Horizon Zero Dawn and Shadow of the Colossus... needles to say I’m pretty excited. SOTC was pretty mind blowing!

Games played: 158

Games completed: 132

Trophies earned: 5705

Trophies unearned: 521

Completion: 92.59%

Given that there’s a further 389 available trophies between the 5 games I’ve selected, I’m expecting my completion rate to fall quite a bit. Looking forward to the month ahead.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

So I booted up HDN MK2 today for a short while. I remember having purchased all the free additional content a while back, as I had done with Victory and many other JRPGs. I was hoping to find an in-game store when I booted up MK2, similar to the one available for Victory. Turns out there isn't one,.. I also noticed that all the free content seems to have been removed from the psn store for any of the Neptnunia games, so searching for them there was also a no-go. So I ended up spending quite some time searching through a download list with 930 items. Great start right there lol.

I was just in the vita store and Megatagmension still has free content, one charcter weapon and outfit. I never even would have thought to go look for freebies if not for this thanks.  First day thoughts coming soon.

Edited by kingofbattle8174

52 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I was just in the vita store and Megatagmension still has free content, one charcter weapon and outfit. I never even would have thought to go look for freebies if not for this thanks.  First day thoughts coming soon.

Yeah for the Vita games tehre are still a few, mostly costumes, although on the EU store there only seems to be stuff for rebirth 3 and Action Unleashed. MK2 and Victory for ps3, had about 20-30 free dlcs each, ranging from item packs and costumes to additional areas/dungeons.

7 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Sorry I waited so long to post my pre-event stats but I've been trying like hell to platinum Spintires: Mudrunner before the event started. Knocked out two MP trophies the last few days without needing to boost and thought I could earn the plat in the wee hours last night but got stymied by one pesky trophy that has just an uncommon earning of 38%. Which essentially means people earned this without even trying but I could not for the life of me pull it off.  1f621.png

I watched some YouTube videos and I was pretty much doing what they were doing. ??? So, I exactly replicated one video this morning and look what I now have:

1L531970.png

:platinum: Master Logger (9.03%)

Sorry I had to post that but I really worked my ass off for that platinum (my 80th!).  Some of the trophies are real ball-busters but in the end, I liked the game. I would definitely grab the next one if they ever had a sequel. If you like driving games that are task-oriented (like a Farm simulator), you should try it out. 

That also means I finished 9 of 10 games from KYC8. 

Here's my stats:

Pre-KYC 9 Stats:

Games Played/ Completed:        121/90

Trophies Earned:                              4141

Unearned Trophies:                           484

Completion %:                                89.62

Damn.  I am just a few gold trophies away from reaching my long-coveted goal of 90%.  Well, time to take the plunge...

I keep seeing that game around lately, but have been hesitant to grab it. How did you enjoy it overall?

5 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

@Gretchen27

When I read Blood, Sweat amd Pixels, Witcher 3 was one of the games. I believe they descibed it as having 3 times the content of skyrim If you can imagine that.

I can believe it, games just keep getting bigger & better. Never played Skyrim myself but I know it has a huge following & received additional content. Not to mention the mods. It must be good with all the re-releases it gets. 

4 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Reveal hidden contents

There's a crafting system :ninja: 

Figures ?

Had to delete Crash Bandicoot to make room for it, but here we go~

22 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I keep seeing that game around lately, but have been hesitant to grab it. How did you enjoy it overall?

I enjoyed it more than I expected. The game is pretty polished from a driving mechanics/ settings feel and the "mud world" is really put together.  There are definite times of frustration, especially early on when you are learning the nuances of the game. At some point, you will absolutely bury your truck in mud with no chance of budging an inch, which is infuriating. But as you play, you learn how to (mostly) avoid those situations and a very helpful hint, trees are your friends! Why? You can winch to them and pull yourself out of your jam.

There's three modes of play; challenges, open sand box..err mud box levels, and multiplayer. 

- Challenges have a couple specific tasks to do on a linear route. There are three stars on each level, requiring some sort of parameter (i.e. drive at night) to unlock each challenge's trophy. Thankfully, you don't need to do it in one run, so you can work on two of the stars in your first try, then repeat to finish it up.  Challenges are the best way to start playing the game because they act as a tutorial.

- Open mud box levels.  These involve big maps you need to explore, unlock garages, and haul logs to lumber mills to earn the level completion trophy. Each map will take about 2-4 hours to complete. Don't be scared by the Hardcore trophies, the gameplay isn't that different from Casual mode.  Just more time-consuming bc you need a fuel truck for assistance bc you burn gas quickly in Hardcore mode.  And you need a crane truck for loading logs. 

It's all task-oriented so it takes some time to achieve your goal, and it gets repetitive because you often need to make 2-3 trips to complete a lumber mill's log request. The environment and topography for the levels are great. One of the highlights of the game. The scenery looks great (especially the water) and I never found a part where I glitched in part of the scenery, which can occur in sand box games. You really need to do a good job of scanning the ground to see what looks the best to drive over. Sometimes, the road is actually the worst route bc it's five feet deep of muck. So often times, the shortest route won't be the quickest. Also, there's a learning curve on the trucks and which one work best for specific environments.  

- Multiplayer. Same thing as the levels, only you are playing alongside other people. There's three MP trophies and they're not that hard to get. You can just jump into people's games and fuel them up or repair their trucks, which they greatly appreciate.

The platinum definitely feels like an accomplishment. There's hours of repetitive play, and it's not quick, fast-paced action.  You rarely get your truck over 10 mph so it's a slow burn game.  And there's a few frustrating trophies, but all are doable with some online guide help (I used True Achievements site). BUT, looking back, I'm glad I played it and my biggest 'tell' on a game is, would I play the sequel? And my answer for Spintires: Mudrunner is absolutely.

- If you go for it, platinum will take 30+ hours, more or less. And feel free to use me as your Onstar emergency help button ? if you get stuck.  The learning curve is steep in this one, so I can give out some helpful tips, and can even help with the mp trophies.

• Like 3