Kill Your Completion 9

I really hate doing this. I hate having to back of a contest that I just agreed to enter. My wife though asked me if I would give up gaming for lent. I think I will do so. There a number of things I can work on during this that I have not really neglected but could be doing better. So I wish everyone luck and I will see you all around soon.

29 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I really hate doing this. I hate having to back of a contest that I just agreed to enter. My wife though asked me if I would give up gaming for lent. I think I will do so. There a number of things I can work on during this that I have not really neglected but could be doing better. So I wish everyone luck and I will see you all around soon.

It's all good. There's always the next KYC (yes, I'll keep pushing these out there every few months :P). Feel free to drop by and follow/comment along though.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

43 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

It's all good. There's always the next KYC (yes, I'll keep pushing these out there every few months :P). Feel free to drop by and follow/comment along though.

I just found this event, do you have any idea when you will be doing the next one? I'd like to save some games until then so I can participate in the next one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fuzedog_ said:

I just found this event, do you have any idea when you will be doing the next one? I'd like to save some games until then so I can participate in the next one.

The cycle usually has been March, July, November. So the next one will probably be in July.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Where Adol has to go back to the village and defend it against waves of incoming enemies. Now this wouldn't be so bad, but I believe that a couple of trophies are tied to completing them, and maybe S ranking them, too. Oh well, I've done worse for trophies, so it's not a deal breaker, but every time I'm forced to do them, I get a bit disgruntled.

The number of interceptions was a bit annoying but later on when you have much more ressources to perform the various upgrades it also becomes way easier to tackle them. Seeing your trophy progress you haven't even seen the best part yet, which starts once the group decided to climb that mountain. Have fun! :D 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dizzyshadow said:

Game 1 ; Unravel

L51c25e.png

For those that like a challenge the platinum requires a no death playthrough, which adds a bit of challenge (or possibly frustration), but to be honest given i've finished the story i'm not sure there is enough here to draw me back to it and want to finish it off.

Thankfully, the "no death" run can be achieved through Chapter Select, though it still is a bear to achieve the platinum.  My clean up found me constantly dying at a specific spot in each level, and taking umpteen attempts before finally perfecting it. Inevitably though, I would stumble at another part; or try to rush through things and end up dying stupidly on a part that wasn't hard.  :facepalm:

For an "artsy-fartsy" game, the platinum was harder than anticipated. But, I liked the music so much, I purchased the soundtrack on my iTunes and have it play in the background every so often as I read my daily dose of "fake news" in our local paper.

- Has anyone played Unravel 2? I'm thinking about getting it but it looks like the platinum requires a co-op run. How difficult is that?

Well, my adventure with Syndrome might come to a close earleir than expected. Played for a bit over two hours and then the game got stuck at a section that's vital for story progression. Loaded a previous save several times, still the same issue at the exact same spot. Going to start over on a new save and hopefully it'll let me progress then. Guess I was right with my suspicion, it's a broken mess.

On 05/03/2019 at 4:22 PM, PerryToxteth said:

- Has anyone played Unravel 2? I'm thinking about getting it but it looks like the platinum requires a co-op run. How difficult is that?

Haven't played it yet obviously, but i did pick up the double pack so its sitting in my backlog, will get to it sometime after KYC has ended.

• Like 1