Kill Your Completion 9

11 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Can't see what's in the spoiler, but I think some of the events were a little off in that guide. :/ Or the way it was laid out just made it a bit confusing. 

Yeah for some reason, that spoiler tag stopped working for me as well.

I was referring to this:

1. Finish the Tutorial (choices don't matter, but don't choose last choice for every selection).

• In 2nd playthrough, this is a real battle.

2. To the Freedom Fighter Base MOGRA [警団アジト「モグラ」へ] Partner: Shizuku
* Make a separate save data here, in case you want to get multiple endings (for all heroines) in 1 playthrough.

• Event at Electric Town Plaza [電気街改札口を通]
  • Fight against 2 vampires
  • Go to MOGRA [モグラ]

Choice: (16th)

1. I'll go with Shizuku [♥] [雫と行く【Shizuku♥】]
  2. I'll go with Tohko [♥] [トーコと行く【Tohko♥】]
  3. I'll go with Kati [カティと行く]

. Off to the Battle Arena [闘技場へ] Partner: Shizuku / Tohko

• Event at Junk Street [ジャンク通り]
  • Clear the test
    • => Chain Strip is unlocked
  • Go back to MOGRA

The whole bit in orange doesn't trigger after leaving the MOGRA once the tutorial is over. Subsequently the choice bit also isn't available. So either the location specified is wrong or there is information missing relevant for the event to initiate (and yes I have Shizuku as partner).

The only interactable people in that area is a girl that wants donations and another one that gives out a flyer. Neither have anything indicating that they are involved in an event (if it's even signalised at all), There's also no one that attacks me in that area.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

5 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I was referring to this

Yeah, I think that event triggers a bit later on. Not immediately after the tutorial. Most (maybe all?) of them are hard to miss, and you really just need the guide for dialogue choices to get on the ending path you want. 

8 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Yeah, I think that event triggers a bit later on. Not immediately after the tutorial. Most (maybe all?) of them are hard to miss, and you really just need the guide for dialogue choices to get on the ending path you want. 

Thanks for confirming my suspicion. Well, now I can blame the guide for beating the crap out of the donation girl, to try and see if it would trigger an event :P .

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

Hey guys, sorry for not reviwing anything. Unfortunately, I will choose to not "forfeit" my participation in this edition. Reason is, I'm going to be very busy in the days to come due to off-work projects.

It does not mean I won't have time to game, and I would have the time to play 5 games for at least 3 hours this month, but since I will have less time than usual, I prefer to grab games I started recently before the event and get a couple of platinums (like KH3, Spyro 2&3, Akiba's Trip...). 

Still, I will be reading the reviews around here, since I really enjoyed being part of the last edition. Might participate in KYC X!!! :P 

Edited by Caju_94

I have also been extremely busy last week and over the weekend, only getting to play my first game for less than three hours so far. I definitely will have time tonight so I'll post a review on that one, and with 20 days left in the month I'll modify my schedule to play the other 4 games for 5 days each, which should be fine.

7 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

Hey guys, sorry for not reviwing anything. Unfortunately, I will choose to not "forfeit" my participation in this edition. Reason is, I'm going to be very busy in the days to come due to off-work projects.

It does not mean I won't have time to game, and I would have the time to play 5 games for at least 3 hours this month, but since I will have less time than usual, I prefer to grab games I started recently before the event and get a couple of platinums (like KH3, Spyro 2&3, Akiba's Trip...). 

Still, I will be reading the reviews around here, since I really enjoyed being part of the last edition. Might participate in KYC X!!! :P 

I understand how you feel, buddy. I have similar issues only it's my old bones keeping me asleep and not letting me game, or just getting distracted by YouTube instead of playing the games. I am trying to get through the main story of KH3, and I platted all of the Spyro games so I can assure you they are pretty fun(except for Gulp, screw Gulp, thanks to him I have to wear dentures on my upper jaw 24/7 because I gnashed my teeth after fighting this f'king boss and getting killed over and over and lost a tooth to him. xD).

@voodoo_eyes

I’ve played both. Trip is far better than Beat; I think I suffered from Stockholm syndrome with Pinkun because by the end I was thinking of him as an adorable love to hate character. The support character’s repetitive voice bites really got annoying after a few hours, even if you switched them up. Things can get repetitive in Trip as well, but it’ll take less time to complete & IIRC once you clear the game you can get a hint bonus that displays a character icon for affection raising choices.

@MidnightDragon

You might want to double check the settings menu for Tetris Effect. I know during the random mode you can get a zoomed in screen. Don’t see why this wouldn’t have been added into the settings somewhere.

• Like 1

@Gretchen27 Yeah, the support characters in Beat are the worst ever. Every time you would walk past a save point, or shop the open their trap. It's like the devs didn't play their own game until the end, otherwise I'm sure they would have realised after the odd 50 hours it takes to beat once, how annoying it is.

I've only put an hour into Akiba's Trip yet, and already noticed that it'll become repetitive quickly. I'll still put another 2 hours in to reach the 3 minimum, but I'm already fairly sure on how I stand with that game.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

No interim post about Psychedelica as it doesn't make much sense to post about a VN. And I got way too distracted by other games, again. :shakefist:

Will post a review by tomorrow evening when the second timeslot is officially over. For now, let's post a preview for game #3.

Game 3, Preview:
God of War: Chains of Olympus (PS3)

L328b58.png

Personally I thought that Chains of Olympus, as well as Ghosts of Sparta were in-between GoW I and II quality-wise.

19 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Personally I thought that Chains of Olympus, as well as Ghosts of Sparta were in-between GoW I and II quality-wise.

Personally I don't expect a "console-quality" game on a handheld but that it's at least on similar level quality-wise is surely good to hear. At least the games have the bonus that they aren't like some Vita-based spinoffs and use some stupid gimmicks of the device as the PSP had none. *cough* Uncharted: Golden Abyss *cough*