Metal God and Save Game Issues

Afro_Gear

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that I've had no issues with the savegame. I've quit and reloaded the game after 100% and it went without any issues.
Now, I've made sure to wait until the "now saving" icon disappeared before I did something during my playthrough, but I feel that the glitch issue is indeed overblown.

For sure, take precautions and make a backup at 75%, but don't stress about it.

IMG_20190304_215513.jpg

Edited by EmperorElfenSky

• 6 months later...
On 3/4/2019 at 4:12 PM, EmperorElfenSky said:

I can confirm that I've had no issues with the savegame. I've quit and reloaded the game after 100% and it went without any issues.
Now, I've made sure to wait until the "now saving" icon disappeared before I did something during my playthrough, but I feel that the glitch issue is indeed overblown.

For sure, take precautions and make a backup at 75%, but don't stress about it.

IMG_20190304_215513.jpg

I did the encounter the game save corruption immediately after I quit because my game froze. There are guides on how to prevent it, but still read up on it before starting it.

Just now, Afro_Gear said:

@dj_helyx It's really easy. 15 hrs in the story to 100%. Even if you save the final 30 percent or so for one sitting it's only a few hours of stuff. This game is honestly a 3/10 Platinum IMO and a 9/10 game. Give it a go! 

I honestly loved the game (even the multiplayer), but the thing is, I'm a bitch. I'll use this as a footnote when I revisit the game.

23 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

What's your concern?

Getting near the end and crashing/not being able to load my save. In the event I circumvent this via cloud backup, the marathon session is off-putting. Games complete themselves much slower these days.

6 minutes ago, dj_helyx said:

Getting near the end and crashing/not being able to load my save. In the event I circumvent this via cloud backup, the marathon session is off-putting. Games complete themselves much slower these days.

I was really lucky based on what I had left. My heart sunk when the game crashed. Plus you can get stuck in the map and be forced to quit. I am like you man, I was really worried about it, but I didn’t want my list to be defined by my fear. I wanted it to be based on facing fears and fun of course. It feels so much better because it does make you feel uncomfortable.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I may have just discovered a fix for the save file glitch, or I may have just been blessed by the heavens. Who Knows? My PS3 froze at 89%. I load back up and can't get back into the campaign. My backup turns out to be corrupted too. Here's the thing: I was playing on version 1.00 . I backed up this corrupted save onto another local user on the PS3 then deleted it on the main user. I upgraded to version 1.02 and also installed DLC 2 (the trophy DLC). I then retrieved the save file from the other user and copied it back to my main user. I loaded up again and now it let me back in. I nearly fainted. 

If you want to try and recreate this as a potential rescue plan, do the following:

• Play on version 1.00
  • Don't have the DLC installed

Then should you get locked out, install the DLC and upgrade to 1.02. Maybe it'll work for you too. I haven't seen this posted anywhere else so thought i'd share it with everyone since if it saves at least 1 other person from having to restart, it will have been worth posting. As I say, maybe I just got stupidly lucky, but maybe (and indeed hopefully) it's a reliable fix.