Nighcisama

Spelunker trophy bugged

8 posts in this topic

I can now say for a fact that it is impossible for me to get the platinum at the moment thanks to the "Spelunker" trophy. Here is what happened there. I followed a guide to explore the caves because my sense of direction in mazes is pretty shit, especially if you see almost nothing. I got every point on the to do list except "keep exploring hanging cave" which I decided to ignore at the time after going through the cave 3 times without popping it. I finished all the others, so 9/10 done and the keep exploring hanging cave was the last one left, which was called cave 4 in the guide. Returning to the short and linear cave 4 exploring it many times did nothing, so I decided to save the game at the entrance of the cave and call it a day. Next day I load into the save and see that "keep exploring cave 4" is finally crossed out, yet I still did not get the achievement. Double checking the list again made me realize that the "explore hanging cave" that was already completed was now missing on the list. One more tour through cave 2 and after exiting it the to do entry reappeared on my list, but was not crossed out despite completing the cave once more. Now really tired of this shit I went through the guide again and followed every step made, two times, but whatever I do I can't get it to be completed again. It is bugged plain and simple, denying me a trophy I completed. Fun fact, changing the language actually breaks the list by adding a 11th one word entry that is not crossed out and it changes the word "explore" from one of the other entries for some reason.

If they don't patch this I can't get the platinum, and that is before I even tried known trouble making shit trophies like eating a entire family or chopping down a thousand trees. The mushroom trophy was giving me a hard time too, as I needed to run over the map probably 5 times before finally finding the deer mushroom. To anyone caring about his completion rate who thinks about getting this game, just don't. Either don't get the game or at least play it on a dummy account, you play russian roulette with your completion rate otherwise, and it won't even be your fault if you end up with a unobtainable platinum. I for one will not waste any more time with this shit Spelunker trophy until it hopefully gets fixed with a patch.

Edit: Got that thing now weeks later. Had to do it 2 more times, the third time I made a save before and after every cave and I was starting with the ones making the most trouble, the Hanging Caves and the Ledge Cave. It was impossible to accomplish with the language set in my native language, so I had to change it to english, start a new game and then do it. It still bugged out a few times, hence the saves, but at least it did no longer make some caves appear twice on the to do list that ended up being impossible to complete. Now Trophy Hunter is the only bug infested trophy left, can't wait to have a blast trying to make that one work...

Edited by Nighcisama

For me it was the submerged cave... no matter what I do it didn't pop as expected.  I had to do laps going around between two entry/exit points and Cave 5 finally got crossed-out from the list. You just have to keep at it and try to explore and hug the walls of small areas if possible.

Edited by eispan71

I had to change the language settings for it to even become possible, so not sure just keeping at it would have lead to success. I read up online that playing in some languages can change things in the game that make the trophy/achievement impossible at times due to the to do lists bugging out and generally giving the game a wrong impression about your progress, which explained why some of the weird shit I was clearly noticing didn't add up when switching languages in the middle of a playthrough. Safest bet is to start and stay on the english settings and if it does not work out naturally by exploring the caves and backtracking does not really do it, best dedicate a quick playthrough to it saving manually in front every cave in case of it bugging out. It can also help to mark the areas you definitely explored, which is what I did with two of the more annoying caves.

On 2/21/2019 at 7:05 AM, Nighcisama said:

I can now say for a fact that it is impossible for me to get the platinum at the moment thanks to the "Spelunker" trophy. Here is what happened there. I followed a guide to explore the caves because my sense of direction in mazes is pretty shit, especially if you see almost nothing. I got every point on the to do list except "keep exploring hanging cave" which I decided to ignore at the time after going through the cave 3 times without popping it. I finished all the others, so 9/10 done and the keep exploring hanging cave was the last one left, which was called cave 4 in the guide. Returning to the short and linear cave 4 exploring it many times did nothing, so I decided to save the game at the entrance of the cave and call it a day. Next day I load into the save and see that "keep exploring cave 4" is finally crossed out, yet I still did not get the achievement. Double checking the list again made me realize that the "explore hanging cave" that was already completed was now missing on the list. One more tour through cave 2 and after exiting it the to do entry reappeared on my list, but was not crossed out despite completing the cave once more. Now really tired of this shit I went through the guide again and followed every step made, two times, but whatever I do I can't get it to be completed again. It is bugged plain and simple, denying me a trophy I completed. Fun fact, changing the language actually breaks the list by adding a 11th one word entry that is not crossed out and it changes the word "explore" from one of the other entries for some reason.

If they don't patch this I can't get the platinum, and that is before I even tried known trouble making shit trophies like eating a entire family or chopping down a thousand trees. The mushroom trophy was giving me a hard time too, as I needed to run over the map probably 5 times before finally finding the deer mushroom. To anyone caring about his completion rate who thinks about getting this game, just don't. Either don't get the game or at least play it on a dummy account, you play russian roulette with your completion rate otherwise, and it won't even be your fault if you end up with a unobtainable platinum. I for one will not waste any more time with this shit Spelunker trophy until it hopefully gets fixed with a patch.

Edit: Got that thing now weeks later. Had to do it 2 more times, the third time I made a save before and after every cave and I was starting with the ones making the most trouble, the Hanging Caves and the Ledge Cave. It was impossible to accomplish with the language set in my native language, so I had to change it to english, start a new game and then do it. It still bugged out a few times, hence the saves, but at least it did no longer make some caves appear twice on the to do list that ended up being impossible to complete. Now Trophy Hunter is the only bug infested trophy left, can't wait to have a blast trying to make that one work...

what guide did u follow im struggling with these caves

1 hour ago, Kai_armour95 said:

what guide did u follow im struggling with these caves

Sorry, no idea which guide it was in particular, this was almost a year ago and I didn't write the name down. These caves can be a pain in the ass even with a guide, so you should look for one that either lights the caves up or does commentary to navigate you through the tricker parts, and follow them as precisely as you can because any minor thing you do differently might lead to problems.

Well I have all crossed out and nothing

14 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

Well I have all crossed out and nothing

Do you also have “Keep exploring hanging cave” crossed out?

Usually the trophy pops when thoroughly exploring the Dead Cave and entering the Hanging Cave or vice versa. When I dropped down in the Hanging Cave, I fully explored it, then went in the the direction of the Dead Cave, I returned to the Hanging Cave again and it popped up. This is not a wild guess, I also got this information from others as the trophy is in fact bugged, this seems to be the solution to it.

Oh and just for the sake of following a really good guide, this guy made excellent videos on the exploration of caves trophy, straight to the point and he has also lit up every cave with skull lamps so it is easy to navigate:

No credit taken.

Edited by LoveInHell

1 hour ago, LoveInHell said:

Do you also have “Keep exploring hanging cave” crossed out?

Usually the trophy pops when thoroughly exploring the Dead Cave and entering the Hanging Cave or vice versa. When I dropped down in the Hanging Cave, I fully explored it, then went in the the direction of the Dead Cave, I returned to the Hanging Cave again and it popped up. This is not a wild guess, I also got this information from others as the trophy is in fact bugged, this seems to be the solution to it.

Oh and just for the sake of following a really good guide, this guy made excellent videos on the exploration of caves trophy, straight to the point and he has also lit up every cave with skull lamps so it is easy to navigate:

No credit taken.

All 10 are crossed out + I have every item from the caves. I had the passengers just break on me and to quit multiple times till it popped the last passenger. Ill try re doing the hanging cave, if not I really doubt ill bother again for a while