on sale for $10.

RJP_X

i've platinum'd the ps3 version a few years ago and i was thinking about grabbing the ps4 version to play later in the year.

i never had the DLC on the ps3 version but was wondering does the elder kai thing really help or is it unnecessary? i would rather not spend the extra $6 something if its not a tremendous help. if i remember on the ps3 version my final grind was maxing out the mentors and i had all the supers and ultimates beforehand. 

3 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

Never heard of the elder kai thing, but I do know you’ll have to be a lvl 90 (if I remember correctly) to access him as your mentor. I’m still grinding through the game myself on both systems. 

i guess having him as a mentor makes drops luckier. 

29 minutes ago, Mr_Skirra said:

I never used him while getting the platinum on PS4. By the time I was done with all mentors I only needed a few more drops so I didn't need him anymore honestly.

yeah i just decided to pick up the base game because similar thing kinda happened with me on the ps3 version, i think mentor grinding was my last trophy where i had some to go through. i played a bit on release for ps3, then later in the year i went back in and things were smoother with the patches.

Well, I'd say Elder Kai is big life saver if you know how to exploit him. Okay, you need level 80 in order to access him, but with all other DLC, you can get to this level pretty fast using Extra PQ 10 or 11 (The one with the Big Apes, the one that has Golden Big Ape). Anyway, I used Elder Kai a lot when I 'had' my save file for Xenoverse on ps3, since I wanted to collect every piece of all gears aside the requirements for Platinum.