Beware: Game Breaking Glitch in Caspian Sea Level

Xemik

Very late on in the level you'll get told to go meet Damir to go to the Oasis. Once you enter the area you can't get back to free roam. Damir will head up a slope and get scared by a few bats. Then he'll walk down the hill and say something along the lines of "Look right over the entrance."

The entrance is on a ledge that is too high to jump to, so you need Damir to boost you up. However, the glitch means he'll stay up top & not come down to help you, meaning you can't progress the story.

I can't find any info online other than this has happened to may other players on all platforms. Someone posted a video showing Damir 'teleporting' to you, if you tried to jump up to the ledge, but that never happened for me.

Since you can't leave this area (which probably wouldn't help anyway) the only option it seems is to restart the chapter!

I went exploring before I joined him, so maybe that caused the glitch. So I suggest going with him straight away. You can explore later before going through the entrance.

Also, I recommend making a Cloud Save before joining Damir for this mission and make a Quick Save before heading down the one way slope. There's nothing dangerous here before the entrance so you can keep that till you're safely up.

I'm off to re-start the chapter on Reader now. I'll put it back up when I get back to this part.

I didn't have issues with the Caspian level but as I was progressing through the terminal in Volga I fell into the water, died, and every time I'd respawn the game would throw me back into the death animation. In other words, I got stuck in a death-loop. No matter what I did every time the game loaded back up it would be just as I was falling into the water. It pissed me off because I lost three hours of progress. 

On 26.2.2019 at 6:03 AM, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

I didn't have issues with the Caspian level but as I was progressing through the terminal in Volga I fell into the water, died, and every time I'd respawn the game would throw me back into the death animation. In other words, I got stuck in a death-loop. No matter what I did every time the game loaded back up it would be just as I was falling into the water. It pissed me off because I lost three hours of progress. 

Had similar issues in Caspian and Taiga.

futhermore in caspian my save got corrupted.

as well as many graphic issues in caspian ...

recommend to use quick saves 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just got past the Caspian on my third play-through to mop up collectibles and he worked both times for me. While Damir was waiting for me, I did the sniper nest and freed the slaves, so I'm not sure if doing other stuff triggers him to glitch out.

I reckon it's just a weird unpredictable thing. I have noticed though that sometimes the game gets confused with scripted NPC movement e.g:

Spoiler

After you rescue Anna from that mad bastard of a cannibal doctor and she walks towards the lift saying something like 'not so fast i need to catch my breath' - in my first playthrough it took her literally 10 minutes to actually get to the lift. But in the subsequent playthroughs it was about 1-2 minutes. 

I think sometimes the pacing of the scripted NPC stuff can desynchronize with your pace and the world environment and it either takes a while to catch up and right itself, or it just craps it's pants and full on breaks, requiring a restart of save reload.

• Like 1