Should I Buy?

Meatball841

This is purely a builder type lego game, unlike other more traditional lego games. As much as I like the series of Lego games I do not like this one.

It's decent enough but if you're used to the other Lego games and how they hold your hand most of the time, then you will hate this because you have to figure out virtually everything by yourself. Also note that the grind for the Platinum and 100% is extreme when compared to the 20-30hrs it takes to finish the other Lego games.

I bought it around launch and I can't recommend it. It's enjoyable for like an hour or 2 but it gets really repetitive quickly especially getting the gold bricks. It's more of Lego Minecraft (minus the survival aspect of Minecraft) compared to the other Lego game.

As for the plat, is very easy. It's obtainable but a bit of a grind. Billionaire is going to take you 200+ hours if you do it legit but if you look up the glitches, you can get it in 10 hours for that trophy.

If you do get it, you'll need 2 controllers for 3 trophies (One is DLC) otherwise you'll have to find someone to help you with them. I don't know if they changed it but safe to say they didn't.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Meatball841 said:

@ERGOPROXY-DECAY So like Minecraft? also is it worth 4.99? I think that was the price lol

I guess you can say similar to Minecraft, Dragon Quest Builders, etc. I just couldnt get into it, maybe its the lacking of a traditional path storyline, most of the time I find myself roaming a world/map not sure what to do. But then most of the other Lego series where more story based to like movies, things I know already and characters I cared for. But this one is just a simple lego builders with a cast I couldnt care less for. Not to mention the building feature isnt top notch.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

• 5 months later...

For me this one of the most fun and best Lego games. It's sort of a open world game, but there's lots of ingenuity, fun and originality. It's probably childish. so many gamers won't like it. More than a Minecraft game, it seems more a No Mans Sky Lego game. It's very different from other Lego games, there's no story. It's kinda buggy, so expect things to be troublesome.

And the major issue for trophy hunters is that it has a tremendously grindy trophy (billionaire).

You'll probably either like it or hate it, not many chances of a in between opinion.

• 3 months later...

I didn't hate the game, in fact I thought it was pretty decent. I will say they did a good job patching the game of trophies that had been broken, and getting them to work properly. The Billionaire grind isn't bad using the Safety Deposit Box method, but make sure to save periodically as it does make the game run rather poorly.  There really isn't anything hard in this game, you are just at the mercy of the RNG Gods for Designer Delight, otherwise nothing too bad at all.