I Chose The Impossible

wootang2K9

Hi All

Question in regards to the first bioshock (still one of the best FPS games ever) the question is in regards to the gold trophy - I Chose The Impossible - which is complete the game on survivor without using the vita-chamber (which are already disabled)

My question is 

I read somewhere that the player can run the game on easy until the final fight against Atlas when you can change the settings to match the difficulty you want (Hard or Survivor) does this work 

Also donthe trophies stack along with:
Brass Balls
Seriously Good At This
A Man Chooses 

Any help will be greatly appreciated 

Much thanks 

Jordan (Wootang2k9)

7 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

1: The difficulty changing exploit only works with the PS4 version and the unpatched original US release of the game.

2: Yes, all the difficulty trophies stack.

Huntingfever 

thanks for that mate confirms I do need to run the game on survivor 

appreciated

@wootang2K9 It's your prerogative if you want to use the exploit but I just wanted to throw my two cents in there. I just did this myself a couple weeks ago and beat the game in one run on survivor with vita chambers disabled. I didn't use the exploit since I had the Welcome to Rapture edition. I was originally going to but I am SO GLAD I didn't. As you said yourself it is one of the best FPS ever. It is also a wonderful survival horror game. Years ago when I played it on normal I remember the atmosphere being great but the combat being generic. Returning all these years later on Survivor, I discovered a wonderful side of this game. Resources are more scarce since you have to use more to dispatch foes so you are encouraged to search the environment more thoroughly, finding secrets and hidden areas. 

Not only that, but the increased difficulty caused me to experiment more with plasmids and stacking various tonics that would stack damage, such as extra wrench damage, etc. In my opinion the best way to play this game is on survivor. It should have been the only difficulty. It makes the game shine for all of it's strengths and it is not really that hard. I'd say 5/10 at most. 

Regardless how you play I hope you have a blast. It is a wonderful game!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Afro_Gear said:

@wootang2K9 It's your prerogative if you want to use the exploit but I just wanted to throw my two cents in there. I just did this myself a couple weeks ago and beat the game in one run on survivor with vita chambers disabled. I didn't use the exploit since I had the Welcome to Rapture edition. I was originally going to but I am SO GLAD I didn't. As you said yourself it is one of the best FPS ever. It is also a wonderful survival horror game. Years ago when I played it on normal I remember the atmosphere being great but the combat being generic. Returning all these years later on Survivor, I discovered a wonderful side of this game. Resources are more scarce since you have to use more to dispatch foes so you are encouraged to search the environment more thoroughly, finding secrets and hidden areas. 

Not only that, but the increased difficulty caused me to experiment more with plasmids and stacking various tonics that would stack damage, such as extra wrench damage, etc. In my opinion the best way to play this game is on survivor. It should have been the only difficulty. It makes the game shine for all of it's strengths and it is not really that hard. I'd say 5/10 at most. 

Regardless how you play I hope you have a blast. It is a wonderful game!

I came in just to say this!

And to tell the truth, I also played on survivor just recently on the first Bioshock and I actually had a surplus of ammo, first aid kits and eve hypo in some places that I just stashed in some rooms using telekinesis if I ever needed them.

I'm currently playing Bioshock 2 and I'm kinda dissapointed there is no Survivor difficulty...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

I'm currently playing Bioshock 2 and I'm kinda dissapointed there is no Survivor difficulty...

I know right? The guide "highly recommended" two playthroughs for Bioshock 2. I'm like heck no, started on hard and it's easier than 1 is. Still fun though but not a real challenge.  

• Like 1