Worth it to start over with Royal Edition?

ExHaseo

I played FFXV before the DLC was released and got the plat. I just picked up the Royal Edition now that it's gotten a price cut. 

Is it worth it to start a new playthrough, or should I just use my existing save? I want to see everything that was added, but I dont know how much was added into the main game.

• 3 weeks later...

You can play most of the added stuff in Chapter 15.  The new Insomnia for example, you can do the new quests and fight Omega without chapter select.  Just use Umbra to travel to Insomnia.  You must find a key in one of the rest areas to unlock the gate to get to the Glaive's base where the missions are.  For Omega just head to where he spawns on the map.  You can also find most of the collectibles in Chapter 15, something like 68/76 required for the trophy.  I suggest doing all that before using chapter select because it wipes your side mission and hunt data.  Make sure you make multiple copies of your Chapter 15 save because you will have to overwrite one of them for Chapter select.  I did everything i could in Ch 15 then used chapter select to go to Ch 13 to get the last collectibles i needed (b/c there is like ~10 collectibles in ch 13) and got that trophy, then chapter selected to 14 and beat Cerberus to get that trophy (This is also where you will see the new story parts, they re-did Chapter 14). I just deleted those saves after, and went back to my main Ch 15 save where i had beaten Omega and have the accessory that lets me hit max damage etc.  I had lots of fun going back and playing FF 15 again, hope you do too. :)   

Edited by T4NK_XVII