Trophy Thoughts?

da_eMTy

On 24-2-2020 at 10:06 PM, Ghost-TeamX said:

I can confirm you only have offline coop. But a friend of mine also got the trophy via shareplay. Note that your account need the same nationality to do shareplay. I couldn't share play with a german friend from an austrian account.

But in worst case you have to invite a friend to bring a second controller or buy/borrow one.

Do you mean a different nationality in general or just for this game? As that would be weird.

I’ve done a few coop trophies through shareplay before with people from different countries. 

2 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Do you mean a different nationality in general or just for this game? As that would be weird.

I’ve done a few coop trophies through shareplay before with people from different countries. 

Not sure, though I am certain that I couldn't share play with said friend from my neighbour country

2 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

I've just shareplayed the trophy with a player from Canada (I'm in Europe) and it worked great, it took us maybe 15 minutes or so as Tandem riding is a bit weird but we both agreed that it went better than expected. As I said, let me know whenever you're ready and I will definitely help you out. 

• Like 1

Just now, det_gittes said:

I've just shareplayed the trophy with a player from Canada (I'm in Europe) and it worked great, it took us maybe 15 minutes or so as Tandem riding is a bit weird but we both agreed that it went better than expected. As I said, let me know whenever you're ready and I will definitely help you out. 

I will let you know. Thanks!

• Like 1

Im currently doing a guide ( have been since a few weeks after I plat but lost motivation ) but can't really put a difficulty on it. As someone who is a veteran it was really easy to plat but I know newcomers will have a hard time with stuff like inferno, or wheelie skill game. If anyones new could you say what you felt was the difficulty? 

On 29.02.2020 at 8:35 PM, lilpain97 said:

Im currently doing a guide ( have been since a few weeks after I plat but lost motivation ) but can't really put a difficulty on it. As someone who is a veteran it was really easy to plat but I know newcomers will have a hard time with stuff like inferno, or wheelie skill game. If anyones new could you say what you felt was the difficulty? 

Not exactly a newcomer but I will still share my thoughts. I believe that for newcomers this is a pretty solid game in terms of difficulty, at least a 7, I suppose (it's not easy to imagine how much practice is needed for the Loose Screw Gold medal for someone who's not played trials before). One thing that I found suprisingly easy was getting Gold medals on all tracks, the requirements are extremely generous and I don't remember many tracks where I wouldn't meet the Gold requirements on my first or second try (imagine that the trophy was for all platinums!). I think there were 2 or 3 extremes where I needed more tries but at no point was there ever any real struggle. On the other hand, a couple of the secret sponsor contracts were quite pesky. The game would be also be harder if it wasn't for the Helium, most extremes (including Inferno V) become much easier with this bike. So for the difficulty for more experienced riders, I guess I would say 4/10 (by experienced I don't necessarily mean those who got 100% in Fusion - for them it's gotta be 3/10 at best).

What difficulty levels do you have in mind? (I suppose there have to be 2 separate difficulties in this case.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, det_gittes said:

Not exactly a newcomer but I will still share my thoughts. I believe that for newcomers this is a pretty solid game in terms of difficulty, at least a 7, I suppose (it's not easy to imagine how much practice is needed for the Loose Screw Gold medal for someone who's not played trials before). One thing that I found suprisingly easy was getting Gold medals on all tracks, the requirements are extremely generous and I don't remember many tracks where I wouldn't meet the Gold requirements on my first or second try (imagine that the trophy was for all platinums!). I think there were 2 or 3 extremes where I needed more tries but at no point was there ever any real struggle. On the other hand, a couple of the secret sponsor contracts were quite pesky. The game would be also be harder if it wasn't for the Helium, most extremes (including Inferno V) become much easier with this bike. So for the difficulty for more experienced riders, I guess I would say 4/10 (by experienced I don't necessarily mean those who got 100% in Fusion - for them it's gotta be 3/10 at best).

What difficulty levels do you have in mind? (I suppose there have to be 2 separate difficulties in this case.)

Thanks I currently have 7/10 and 50hrs although im not sure about time either. I do say right at the start that for those more experienced the difficulty drastically drops along with time. Fusion I put at 100 and I originally had it at 50 as I got full 100% including DLC around 50hrs but quickly realized thats far from realistic for 99% and I wanted people to understand that it WILL take time and WON'T be easy so I put it to 100 for base 100% as around 150 seemed average for full 100%. Hard to give a time but I want it to be accurate for newcomers as with any guide.

I already have the helium as recommended for those who want to get gold easier on extremes or those struggling with mantis and like my fusion guide explained the game a bit before any trophies. 

1 hour ago, charxsetsuna said:

Even if I had enough skill I couldn't do the two player trophy, theres no way for me to play this game using two controllers at once and fulfil the trophy requirements.

Most people do it via shareplay, that's what I did last week and it was rather easy, took us maybe 15-20 minutes (but controlling the Tandem bike is a bit awkward). 

Got a few questions:

For the Platinum Deposit DLC trophy, what are the easiest tracks to get a Platinum Medal on? I still need Asia, Australia and Antarctica.

For the DLC trophies that require Diamond Medals. The same question, easiest tracks?

Do I need a Gold Medal on the skill games for the DLC trophies that require all Gold Medals on the Career tracks?

And finally. What’s the deal with the Rodeo skill game? Is that just pure luck or is there some sort of trick for this. I’ve tried this for an hour and my best is 15 seconds while Gold is 22 seconds.

13 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Got a few questions:

For the Platinum Deposit DLC trophy, what are the easiest tracks to get a Platinum Medal on? I still need Asia, Australia and Antarctica.

For the DLC trophies that require Diamond Medals. The same question, easiest tracks?

Do I need a Gold Medal on the skill games for the DLC trophies that require all Gold Medals on the Career tracks?

And finally. What’s the deal with the Rodeo skill game? Is that just pure luck or is there some sort of trick for this. I’ve tried this for an hour and my best is 15 seconds while Gold is 22 seconds.

I don't have all the answers and also I can't start the game now to see where I got my platinums on (I don't have the trophy as I have no platinum on Antarctica yet), but:

- for DLC Diamond Medals, most people say that they can be obtained on Skill Games. If so, then Trials War should be doable, I haven't gotten it yet but I was one screen away from the diamond (probably 1-2 seconds shy of making it to the next room), so with more practice I will probably get it (although I hate the first machine, the rest are fine), for the other DLC it could be the pinball skill game, I got the platinum on my second try so maybe the Diamond is also within reach (but I am not sure).

- you don't need the Gold medal for DLC skill games for the all skill games Gold medal trophy, just base Skill Games will net you the trophy

- I don't know what the deal is with the Rodeo skill game, I know that people generally hate it, but somehow I got the Gold medal very quickly, maybe it was pure luck (the rotations are pure RNG so it is possible to get lucky) but I am pretty sure that I used the Helium for it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Got a few questions:

DLC Diamonds I got were Trials wars which is really easy and Incan times duel. 

Edited by lilpain97
  • Like 1

On 7.03.2020 at 0:04 AM, BB-BakkerJ said:

Did you have to get a Platinum from a track in the Arctic Track Pack? Also, do stadium platinums count? I have a bunch a platinums and still no trophy.

Edit: Well, I found information that stadium platinums do not count, so I guess I may be missing one. Also, ignore my question about the Arctic Track Pack, most likely it has nothing to do with this trophy.

Edited by det_gittes

1 hour ago, det_gittes said:

Did you have to get a Platinum from a track in the Arctic Track Pack? Also, do stadium platinums count? I have a bunch a platinums and still no trophy.

Edit: Well, I found information that stadium platinums do not count, so I guess I may be missing one. Also, ignore my question about the Arctic Track Pack, most likely it has nothing to do with this trophy.

It seems you answered your own question ?. If you don’t know, Oil Say counts as an Antarctic track and is pretty easy.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 8:35 PM, lilpain97 said:

Ok let me help you there. I played Trials Rising on release and had no experience besides Trials of the Blood Dragon Platinum. And then i did the 100% in Fusion a few weeks after Rising Plat.

I think Rising is way above 7/10. What you have to consider when rating this game is the fact that most of the difficulty comes from the actual learning curve of the game itself and less the trophies.

Rising took me close to 100 hours and and the game broke me several times, because both the extremes and the skill games really pushed my limits and i might say i already brought a relatively high tolerance for frustration from Trackmania Turbo Plat and other 9/10s.

As i said after over 100h in Rising, I managed to complete all challenges in the Fusion base game(Is there anything you can't do) in merely 45h, which took many players i know well over 150h.

Fusion is definitely harder, but only because of Top Roach and Pipe Phobia. Everthing else in Fusion is way below the Loose Screw skill game of rising.

Objectively, when you play Rising as your first Trial Game, you still have to go through everything "Fusion-First"-players had to suffer through when learning the game.

Trials Rising is slightly easier trophy wise, but not that much and the "bear" of learning the actual game is equally challenging to Fusion.

Everything below 9 for Rising would be an understatement. Believe me, getting good in this game is way harder than most 9/10 games I've ever seen and 7/10 does not nearly describe the troubles you have to go through.

But I can understand your point of view. Meanwhile getting gold in the DLC extremes is also rather easy with the experience of Fusion, but please don't let your current skill level on the base of many many hours deceive you. I think newcomers deserve a fair estimation when it comes to this Platinum. And the high plat rarity is easly explained by the fact that 90% of all Rising platters had already played Fusion before

@westersburg, a friend of mine who started with Rising just like me had pretty much the same experience difficulty wise.

Edited by Ghost-TeamX
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

It seems you answered your own question ?. If you don’t know, Oil Say counts as an Antarctic track and is pretty easy.

Yeah, it turned out that I was missing an Asian platinum and got it on Balloons over Bagon (for the Antarctic I already got the platinum on On the Ice, very fun track). Right now I need two DLC diamonds - I am 0.4 shy of the diamond on the Incan times duel and 6 meters away from the diamond on Trials Wars :D:D 

8 minutes ago, Ghost-TeamX said:

I think Rising is way above 7/10. What you have to consider when rating this game is the fact that most of the difficulty comes from the actual learning curve of the game itself and less the trophies.

It would be instructive to hear from more people who got 100% without playing Fusion first, I feel that bike control is easier in Rising but my perception is likely skewed due to the Fusion bias. I also remember timing out on Rock of Rages or Inferno IV (not to mention Way of the Machine) a bunch of times in Fusion, in Rising none of the extremes was actually challenging (getting a platinum on extremes may be more challenging, but merely passing them and getting gold is in my mind too easy). 

26 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

Yeah, it turned out that I was missing an Asian platinum and got it on Balloons over Bagon (for the Antarctic I already got the platinum on On the Ice, very fun track). Right now I need two DLC diamonds - I am 0.4 shy of the diamond on the Incan times duel and 6 meters away from the diamond on Trials Wars :D:D 

It would be instructive to hear from more people who got 100% without playing Fusion first, I feel that bike control is easier in Rising but my perception is likely skewed due to the Fusion bias. I also remember timing out on Rock of Rages or Inferno IV (not to mention Way of the Machine) a bunch of times in Fusion, in Rising none of the extremes was actually challenging (getting a platinum on extremes may be more challenging, but merely passing them and getting gold is in my mind too easy). 

That Incan Duel Diamond medal was the hardest thing so far for me in the game. Took me a good 2 hours to get it. Good luck!

I also remember faulting out on Inferno IV’s first checkpoint many times and had a really difficult time with Fusion. Resulting in watching many Fat Shady video’s of how to actually get past checkpoints. In Rising I don’t need to watch any video’s anymore, it just comes naturally. I do believe that the Gold Medal times are far more lenient on Rising than Fusion.

@lilpain97 I think the difficulty for newcomers should at least be a 8/10, maybe even a 9/10, as you rated Fusion 10/10. I think the trophy rarity is misleading for this game, it’s harder than it suggests. I’m not done yet but I’ll rate it a 6-7/10 for people who already played through Fusion, as it still has some challenging things to do. When this game hits Ps Plus in the future the rarities will drastically drop.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 1

I also wouldn't rate the difficulty less than 9/10.

I have to admit that i didn’t get the platinum trophy or 100%, but i finished nearly all standard events with a gold medal and had no experience in the Trials Universe. This Task was difficult enough, even if it isn’t by far the hardest part of the game. But in fact I am a close friend to Ghost-TeamX. I whitenessed his entire playhthrough until the 100% in Trials Rising so i can confirm how painful the journey was for him.

So i would also suggest to mention a 9/10 difficulty rating in your guide. (At least for newcomers)

Edited by Zotic3
  • Like 1

as @Ghost-TeamX mentioned before: rising was my first "real" trials game. I played fusion and evolution for a few hours but didnt try to learn the advanved techniques and didnt go for achievements and trophies there. Platinum took me around 70 hours and it was a real pain. I would say it was a 9/10 in difficulty, especially because of the consecutive bhops and the gold medal in inferno V.

• Like 1

On 12/03/2020 at 1:13 PM, BB-BakkerJ said:

That Incan Duel Diamond medal was the hardest thing so far for me in the game. Took me a good 2 hours to get it. Good luck!

I also remember faulting out on Inferno IV’s first checkpoint many times and had a really difficult time with Fusion. Resulting in watching many Fat Shady video’s of how to actually get past checkpoints. In Rising I don’t need to watch any video’s anymore, it just comes naturally. I do believe that the Gold Medal times are far more lenient on Rising than Fusion.

@lilpain97 I think the difficulty for newcomers should at least be a 8/10, maybe even a 9/10, as you rated Fusion 10/10. I think the trophy rarity is misleading for this game, it’s harder than it suggests. I’m not done yet but I’ll rate it a 6-7/10 for people who already played through Fusion, as it still has some challenging things to do. When this game hits Ps Plus in the future the rarities will drastically drop.

Ill put an 8/10 then for now. As someone who stuck to fusion after 100% and went into Ninja Tracks rising was extremely easy so it was extremely hard for me to say what the difficulty was and is. As for Fusion I put 10/10 as most say its one of the hardest 100% games.

On 12/03/2020 at 0:23 PM, Ghost-TeamX said:

Ok let me help you there. I played Trials Rising on release and had no experience besides Trials of the Blood Dragon Platinum. And then i did the 100% in Fusion a few weeks after Rising Plat.

Rising took me close to 100 hours and and the game broke me several times, because both the extremes and the skill games really pushed my limits and i might say i already brought a relatively high tolerance for frustration from Trackmania Turbo Plat and other 9/10s.

As i said after over 100h in Rising, I managed to complete all challenges in the Fusion base game(Is there anything you can't do) in merely 45h, which took many players i know well over 150h.

Fusion is definitely harder, but only because of Top Roach and Pipe Phobia. Everthing else in Fusion is way below the Loose Screw skill game of rising.

Objectively, when you play Rising as your first Trial Game, you still have to go through everything "Fusion-First"-players had to suffer through when learning the game.

Trials Rising is slightly easier trophy wise, but not that much and the "bear" of learning the actual game is equally challenging to Fusion.

Everything below 9 for Rising would be an understatement. Believe me, getting good in this game is way harder than most 9/10 games I've ever seen and 7/10 does not nearly describe the troubles you have to go through.

But I can understand your point of view. Meanwhile getting gold in the DLC extremes is also rather easy with the experience of Fusion, but please don't let your current skill level on the base of many many hours deceive you. I think newcomers deserve a fair estimation when it comes to this Platinum. And the high plat rarity is easly explained by the fact that 90% of all Rising platters had already played Fusion before

@westersburg, a friend of mine who started with Rising just like me had pretty much the same experience difficulty wise.

I started on fusion then went to Rising. My 100% including DLC in fusion was around 50 ish hrs then add another 100+ just lowering times so going to rising was extremely easy. Thanks for commenting and ill put it at 8/10 just for now then maybe even 9/10. That said rising has a lot more that felt easier in general thanks to the Helium and I don't know if its correct or just the countless hours I have poured into Trials but throttle control feels easier? Ill have to look into that more though.

Again thanks for commenting and there's a reason I asked for newcomers to speak up as I don't want to publish a guide thats misleading.  

Edited by lilpain97
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/29/2020 at 2:35 PM, lilpain97 said:

As another player that played Rising before Fusion, my experience was almost identical to @Ghost-TeamX's. The learning curve felt absolutely absurd and I nearly gave up multiple times feeling as though I wasn't making any progress. But I kept pushing and started paying closer attention to the University of Trials courses (his YT was helpful too) which helped me eventually plat it after 84 hours of pain (94 after I got around to dlc). I think I'll remember the excitement I felt when I finally got my last gold medal in Inferno V for a loooong time to come (to say nothing of the brutal skill games). Shortly after, I jumped into Fusion and knocked everything out in the base game after 41 hours (62+ hours after dlc). Top Roach and Be One With the Bike were the most painful for me with Top Roach taking 8 hours alone, but the game didn't wipe the floor with me like I expected it to thanks to prior experience with Rising. 

While I can understand Fusion's 10/10 difficulty reputation, it felt significantly easier thanks to "gitting gud" in Rising beforehand. I think anything less than 9/10 for Rising is tough to justify and very little has kicked my ass as badly before or since (Trackmania Turbo was a walk in the park in comparison).

• Like 2