cross buy with PS4 as usual?

56 minutes ago, manuel-yahoo_it said:

26 February, it will probably cross buy

Yes, definitely cross-buy :)

36 minutes ago, luckydonut said:

Yes, definitely cross-buy :)

Great, which means i'll get 2 more platinums 🙂

27 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

Is this the same game as Pic-A-Pix Color only in black and white???

that would be nice, cuz multiple colors takes a lot of time

1 hour ago, MooseSketts said:

Is this the same game as Pic-A-Pix Color only in black and white???

Yes, these puzzles are single-colour.

The difference between the Classic and Color versions (besides the lack of color) will be that in the logic, there will ALWAYS be a space between each run of black. 

I often find myself making that mistake with the color versions after many years of doing black-and-white puzzles. I would put an X after a run of one color and then mess up logic because that spot at the end could have been the next color. 

Very excited to play this one!!

Currently writing the trophy guide. Should be up before midnight. 

16 minutes ago, slammajamma28 said:

The difference between the Classic and Color versions (besides the lack of color) will be that in the logic, there will ALWAYS be a space between each run of black. 

I often find myself making that mistake with the color versions after many years of doing black-and-white puzzles. I would put an X after a run of one color and then mess up logic because that spot at the end could have been the next color. 

Totally can understand it, I had the same problem. I really want to buy this.

4 hours ago, slammajamma28 said:

It's really interesting to see what a difference it makes depending on whether you've played classic first or color first.

If you start with color, the logic for classic just makes sense. Each clue represents a block of color and adjacent clues of the same colour have to have a gap between them. Otherwise that "1Red,1Red" would just be "2Red". In classic puzzles, it just so happens that every clue is the same color, so you use a subset of the solving techniques.

But if you come from classic, there's this whole new subversive rule that different colors can actually be next adjacent to each other without a gap and it's mind-blowing. The perception is that it somehow bent the rules to allow colors, but really it didn't. Picross is much more commonly found in black and white in print media, because then you only need a pencil, not a set of crayons, to solve it, and I think this just carried through to the digital versions.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy Pic-a-Pix Classic. It's available in Europe already.  We think it goes live at 4PM EST in North America.

16 hours ago, luckydonut said:

It's really interesting to see what a difference it makes depending on whether you've played classic first or color first.

If you start with color, the logic for classic just makes sense. Each clue represents a block of color and adjacent clues of the same colour have to have a gap between them. Otherwise that "1Red,1Red" would just be "2Red". In classic puzzles, it just so happens that every clue is the same color, so you use a subset of the solving techniques.

But if you come from classic, there's this whole new subversive rule that different colors can actually be next adjacent to each other without a gap and it's mind-blowing. The perception is that it somehow bent the rules to allow colors, but really it didn't. Picross is much more commonly found in black and white in print media, because then you only need a pencil, not a set of crayons, to solve it, and I think this just carried through to the digital versions.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy Pic-a-Pix Classic. It's available in Europe already.  We think it goes live at 4PM EST in North America.

It came out at like 11:00 or 11:30A.M. in North America🙂

On 28/02/2019 at 3:35 PM, Lance the Lone Wolf said:

Is this anything like Picross for the DS?

Yes, very much like that.