mika8276

Release date

16 posts in this topic

What's the release date for this game? 

I love these kind of games.

 

cross buy with PS4 as usual?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, manuel-yahoo_it said:

26 February, it will probably cross buy

 

Yes, definitely cross-buy :)

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, luckydonut said:

 

Yes, definitely cross-buy :)

 

 

Great, which means i'll get 2 more platinums 🙂

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

Is this the same game as Pic-A-Pix Color only in black and white???

 

that would be nice, cuz multiple colors takes a lot of time

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MooseSketts said:

Is this the same game as Pic-A-Pix Color only in black and white???

 

 

Yes, these puzzles are single-colour.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The difference between the Classic and Color versions (besides the lack of color) will be that in the logic, there will ALWAYS be a space between each run of black. 

 

I often find myself making that mistake with the color versions after many years of doing black-and-white puzzles. I would put an X after a run of one color and then mess up logic because that spot at the end could have been the next color. 

 

Very excited to play this one!!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently writing the trophy guide. Should be up before midnight. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, slammajamma28 said:

The difference between the Classic and Color versions (besides the lack of color) will be that in the logic, there will ALWAYS be a space between each run of black. 

 

I often find myself making that mistake with the color versions after many years of doing black-and-white puzzles. I would put an X after a run of one color and then mess up logic because that spot at the end could have been the next color. 

 

Very excited to play this one!!

Totally can understand it, I had the same problem. I really want to buy this.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, slammajamma28 said:

The difference between the Classic and Color versions (besides the lack of color) will be that in the logic, there will ALWAYS be a space between each run of black. 

 

I often find myself making that mistake with the color versions after many years of doing black-and-white puzzles. I would put an X after a run of one color and then mess up logic because that spot at the end could have been the next color. 

 

Very excited to play this one!!

 

It's really interesting to see what a difference it makes depending on whether you've played classic first or color first.

 

If you start with color, the logic for classic just makes sense. Each clue represents a block of color and adjacent clues of the same colour have to have a gap between them. Otherwise that "1Red,1Red" would just be "2Red". In classic puzzles, it just so happens that every clue is the same color, so you use a subset of the solving techniques.

 

But if you come from classic, there's this whole new subversive rule that different colors can actually be next adjacent to each other without a gap and it's mind-blowing. The perception is that it somehow bent the rules to allow colors, but really it didn't. Picross is much more commonly found in black and white in print media, because then you only need a pencil, not a set of crayons, to solve it, and I think this just carried through to the digital versions.

 

Anyway, I hope you enjoy Pic-a-Pix Classic. It's available in Europe already.  We think it goes live at 4PM EST in North America.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, luckydonut said:

 

It's really interesting to see what a difference it makes depending on whether you've played classic first or color first.

 

If you start with color, the logic for classic just makes sense. Each clue represents a block of color and adjacent clues of the same colour have to have a gap between them. Otherwise that "1Red,1Red" would just be "2Red". In classic puzzles, it just so happens that every clue is the same color, so you use a subset of the solving techniques.

 

But if you come from classic, there's this whole new subversive rule that different colors can actually be next adjacent to each other without a gap and it's mind-blowing. The perception is that it somehow bent the rules to allow colors, but really it didn't. Picross is much more commonly found in black and white in print media, because then you only need a pencil, not a set of crayons, to solve it, and I think this just carried through to the digital versions.

 

Anyway, I hope you enjoy Pic-a-Pix Classic. It's available in Europe already.  We think it goes live at 4PM EST in North America.

 

It came out at like 11:00 or 11:30A.M. in North America🙂

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/02/2019 at 3:35 PM, Lance the Lone Wolf said:

Is this anything like Picross for the DS?

 

Yes, very much like that.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.