FFXV - What do I need to own everything?

Dreakon13

I have the initial retail disc release and after I finished my first basic playthrough, I bought the season pass anticipating getting back to it eventually for another "from scratch" playthrough once the game was patched and all DLC was available.

Needless to say, it's been a long time since then.

My question... is the initial release + the season pass enough to have access to everything?  According to the store page, the season pass doesn't include anything beyond Episode Gladio, Ignus and Prompto.  Does anyone know if that'll include Episode Ardyn as well, or will I need to purchase that separately?  Is there anything else in terms of post-release content that I should consider to own "everything" the game has to offer for my next/final/complete playthrough?  Does the Royal Edition/Royal Pack include anything noteworthy that the season pass doesn't?

Sorry... lots of questions.  Basically, I currently just have the 2016 retail release + the season pass.  What else do I need to get to have "everything" for my next/complete/final playthrough when Episode Ardyn comes out (and this train of post-release content finally comes to a halt)?

Thanks!  I appreciate any insights.

EDIT: Also, I don't collect trophies, and I'm not concerned about Comrades or anything.  Just interested in making sure I have any and all pertinent single player content.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

You could try loading up the PS store and buying the packs. Whatever you can't buy, the season pass already gives you and what you can buy, you do not own.

That's fair, I kinda looked through the store but figured I'd get a consensus on the specifics from the folks who were maybe following it closer than me.  I'm guessing 2016 retail disc + season pass + royal pack + Episode Ardyn would probably cover all my bases when the time comes.  Unless I'm missing something.

Unless Episode Ardyn is included in the season pass, which I'm guessing probably isn't the case... and even if it is, we don't really know until it's out.

Edited by Dreakon13

Best of my knowledge:

1. Buy the Royal edition.

2. Most likely, buy the Ardyn DLC separately when it comes out.

That is the simplest way to own everything. The season pass excludes a lot of content.

Edit: or, since you have Vanilla FFXV, you can buy the royal dlc and each individual episode pack and that would get you all the content you need.

Edited by BeautifulTorment

3 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Best of my knowledge:

1. Buy the Royal edition.

2. Most likely, buy the Ardyn DLC separately when it comes out.

That is the simplest way to own everything. The season pass excludes a lot of content.

Yeah, that's kinda where my head was at.  Since I still have the 2016 retail release and I already have the season pass, I think I just need to add the Royal Pack to get there.  Since I believe the Royal Edition is just the 2016 retail disc repackaged with vouchers for the season pass and the royal pack.

Then get the Ardyn DLC most likely.

Edited by Dreakon13

25 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Yeah, that's kinda where my head was at.  Since I still have the 2016 retail release and I already have the season pass, I think I just need to add the Royal Pack to get there.  Since I believe the Royal Edition is just the 2016 retail disc repackaged with vouchers for the season pass and the royal pack.

Then get the Ardyn DLC most likely.

Yep, that’s exactly what I have too. Bought the base game, then the Season Pass, then was annoyed the Royal Pack wasn’t included so had to buy that (it does add a fair amount of post-game content, changes the end game area a lot, gives you a cool new car, and let’s you fish in open water).

And we’ll likely need to buy Episode Ardyn next month too, unfortunately.

But yeah, only the Royal Pack you’re missing currently. Though for anyone who hasn’t bought anything at all yet, Royal Edition + Episode Ardyn will give everything, and is better than buying the Base game with everything else. 

• Like 1

As others have mentioned, you'll need the Royal Pack in addition to what you already own to have access to all the primary content. Here's the contents of the Royal Pack taken straight from the PS Store page:

New Features:
・Insomnia City Ruins - new map leading straight to the game's climactic end
・First-Person View - mode allowing players to see Eos through Noctis's eyes
・Armiger Unleashed - powered-up combat mode
・Royal Cruiser - open-sea exploration, new fishing spots and recipes
・Regalia Type-D - new acquisition and enhancement quests
・Additional Trophies

And as Kristycism pointed out to anyone wondering, the physical Royal Edition of the game is the best way to get everything. Not only is it the cheapest option (just $20 USD compared to the $30 USD total of buying both the Season Pass and Royal Pack off the PS Store), it's also the only way to get the Comrades expansion.

Thank you for all the help and info everyone! Kinda glad to hear it's just one or two things that I need to buy and not more, lame as it is that the season pass didn't cover everything. xD I really enjoyed FFXV so I think it'll all be worth it.

Looking forward to getting back into the final final version of the game in March. I'm sure a lot has changed since launch when I last played it.

Edited by Dreakon13