Atlus Is Under Attack By SJW's Trying To Force Them To Change Content In "Catherine: Full Body"

Kishnabe

from what i understand they're changing blatant trans-phobia out the game. 

say what you want about trans people i'm sure we need even more forms of media or even people demonizing us. 

it's not like trans people are like people who have hobby's like playing video games or god damn just wanna have actual rights. 

• Like 4

Someone who finds a game's content objectionable probably will never play it. 

Those who object really should just ignore that game totally & leave those who want it uncensored in peace.  Quit bitching & find something else to play.  It does not get any simpler...  Why can't these people understand that?

Edited by gameoverDude189
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Mikoto_railgun01 said:

from what i understand they're changing blatant trans-phobia out the game.. 

Except not. It was proven a few weeks ago that the 'blatant trans-phobia' people were on about was never actually going to be in the game to begin with.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

I'm really getting tired of complaints like the OP appearing here. I'm not a "SJW" so I don't feel that my opinion is speaking on behalf of someone else or is under duress.

If you don't like that Atlus is going to change things because of their audiences and their audiences speaking up, then you can do one thing: don't buy it. No one is holding a gun to your head to buy it.

If a forum (or a group of people who happen to like video games too) doesn't like what Atlus is doing regarding an ending, then that's fine. Times change; what was fine on the PS3 version isn't fine today.

Just talk about getting the Platinum and having to go through Tower of Babel again. Leave this anti-SJW crap elsewhere.

I think that's not gonna happen. Those anti-SJW warriors are gonna keep whining about how unfair life is today. And no, I am not a SJW, I am neutral on this.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mikoto_railgun01 said:

it's not like trans people are like people who have hobby's like playing video games or god damn just wanna have actual rights. 

Holy hyperbole. You ruin your point by acting like there aren't any protections for trans people. Leading people that are actually willing to engage in a dialog think you are just irrational. 

Edited by skateak
  • Like 2

I can see mods closing this thread.

People are so so uncivilized these days.

The point of this is: SJW's in their majority are "cool kids" that have been influenced by this new global system often called "agenda".

Moral of the story: Don't like it, don't buy it.

Edited by One Jedi More
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

My opinion is that companies should have the balls to stand with their employees if they aren't doing anything wrong, and not listen to screeching moral busybodies, of course, unless they agree. You shouldn't be fired due to your political opinions.

As far as I've heard, the stuff the harpies are screeching about in this case is not even going to be in the game. If it was, and Atlus didn't like certain opinions expressed through their products, then they should just ask him to cut that content.

If you don't like the game, don't buy it. I don't buy most AAA games in general, because I know they're all polished turds wanting to exploit me in some kind of way, and I'm just not interested in that. If I buy such a game, I'm the fool, because I do know better.

Amen.

3 minutes ago, One Jedi More said:

I can see mods closing this thread.

People are so so uncivilized these days.

The point of this is: SJW's in their majority are mostly "cool kids" that have been influenced by this new global system often called "agenda".

Moral of the story: Don't like it, don't buy it.

Mods will close threads with the slightest hint of something "triggering". All a bunch of snowflakes

• Like 4

I'm not going to reveal who sent this to me in PM long ago on this site, but this text and the rest of the message was sent to me in all seriousness, and it just dumbfounded me so much I was never even able to reply to it.

social and justice. Think about those words and what they mean. How in the name of god are those bad things in any shape, way or form?

Just thought I'd give you all a good chuckle.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Unironically using the term SJW is a good way to make me stop taking you even remotely seriously, especially when used to brush off legit criticism 

Except they call themselves SJWs. That was not a term that was branded on them it was one they adopted and wore that tile proudly. Going through both undergraduate and graduate programs I have met and seen people both in my various classes and out protesting who call themselves SJW or Social Justice Warriors. So if that is what they are and proclaim to be then calling them an SJW is not entirely inaccurate. Unless they really are not but nearly 8 to 9 times out of 10 a person has on their Twitter bio or Profile the title Social Justice Warrior. And more often then not they come to the table arguing feelings over facts and even if they have at least one decent point they hate any and all criticism or even a devils advocate towards their points and either online or real life decide to silence or censor differing opinions or counterpoints by either drowning people out with their chanting, marking all criticism as personal attacks and painting every critic like this even those with reasonable or fair points. Thus, taking this stance not only hurts your position but it is essentially makes you out to be what you claim to be against; that being a person that brushes off legitimate criticism just because a certain term is used. Also, I must ask as others in this thread have asked what legitimate criticism are you talking about?  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MMDE said:

My opinion is that companies should have the balls to stand with their employees if they aren't doing anything wrong, and not listen to screeching moral busybodies, of course, unless they agree. You shouldn't be fired due to your political opinions.

Which is why it is pretty sad that a Voice Actor for the English VO retweeed someone that said "Fuck You Atlas." Then went on about how the English localization team were doing what they can to fix the "bigotry" from the Japanese Devs and that they couldn't have possibly understood the implications of their game. That is has so much more meaning then what the CREATORS possible could have known. That change has to come from the top down and all of this was worth it if it happens, essentially throwing the entire company under the bus. The hubris of this lady is insane. Take the check but bitch about it later.

4 minutes ago, AnimatedAmateur said:

Except they call themselves SJWs. That was not a term that was branded on them it was one they adopted and wore that tile proudly. 

That is a good point. I would say the derogatory word (if there is such a thing) is probably White Knight.

• Like 1

am i understanding this correct?...in the game catherine (lovely name, same as my sis), there is an ending where a transgender character, Erika (lovely name, same as my daughter), who goes back in time and chooses to live as a gay man, Eric (lovely name, same as my bro)...this is seen as transphobic and/or queerphobic therefore people are upset?...

i fail to see why this is offensive as it's simply just a chosen ending to a story...it seems to me like the game touches on real emotion and conflict and particularly the type of situation that people might actually face in the queer/transgender communities...is it not possible that someone who believed that living as a transgender man/woman (or homosexual, straight, bisexual, etc. for that matter) was best for them might have regrets and want to go back in time and alter their life course to experience a different evolution or perspective and possibly one that they think might make them happier in the long run?...or is this  completely unrealistic and simply a lame attempt at shaming the trans/queer communities?...

gonna have to agree that perhaps people are reading into this a little much and being a tad over-sensitive...or have I missed something?...apologies if this comes across as unintelligent but could someone explain why this might come across as offensive to some, please?...genuinely curious... 

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AnimatedAmateur said:

Except they call themselves SJWs. That was not a term that was branded on them it was one they adopted and wore that tile proudly. Going through both undergraduate and graduate programs I have met and seen people both in my various classes and out protesting who call themselves SJW or Social Justice Warriors. So if that is what they are and proclaim to be then calling them an SJW is not entirely inaccurate. Unless they really are not but nearly 8 to 9 times out of 10 a person has on their Twitter bio or Profile the title Social Justice Warrior. And more often then not they come to the table arguing feelings over facts and even if they have at least one decent point they hate any and all criticism or even a devils advocate towards their points and either online or real life decide to silence or censor differing opinions or counterpoints by either drowning people out with their chanting, marking all criticism as personal attacks and painting every critic like this even those with reasonable or fair points. Thus, taking this stance not only hurts your position but it is essentially makes you out to be what you claim to be against; that being a person that brushes off legitimate criticism just because a certain term is used. Also, I must ask as others in this thread have asked what legitimate criticism are you talking about?  

The way that trans people are portrayed. I haven't looked too deep into it because of spoilers, but most people I know seem to agree it's quite bad. So perhaps I'm wrong about it being legit criticism, but we both know that they'll be attacked with the SJW tag either way.

7 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

am i understanding this correct?...in the game catherine (lovely name, same as my sis), there is an ending where a transgender character, Erika (lovely name, same as my daughter), who goes back in time and chooses to live as a gay man, Eric (lovely name, same as my bro)...this is seen as transphobic and/or queerphobic therefore people are upset?...

i fail to see why this is offensive as it's simply just a chosen ending to a story...it seems to me like the game touches on real emotion and conflict and particularly the type of situation that people might actually face in the queer/transgender communities...is it not possible that someone who believed that living as a transgender man/woman (or homosexual, straight, bisexual, etc. for that matter) was best for them might have regrets and want to go back in time and alter their life course to experience a different evolution or perspective and possibly one that they think might make them happier in the long run?...or is this  completely unrealistic and simply a lame attempt at shaming the trans/queer communities?...

gonna have to agree that perhaps people are reading into this a little much and being a tad over-sensitive...or have I missed something?...apologies if this comes across as unintelligent but could someone explain why this might come across as offensive to some, please?...genuinely curious... 

I think the main issue for them is that it is characterized as the Good/True ending. I guess there is another scene

Spoiler

where someone that looks like a girl turns out to be pant-less in a scene and has a dick and the main character looks surprised by this (as anyone would based on the initial appearance, especially in the real world) therefore that is a negative stereotype. Even though the 'girl' character in question is actually an Alien.

Edited by skateak