Atlus Is Under Attack By SJW's Trying To Force Them To Change Content In "Catherine: Full Body"

Kishnabe

25 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Man, you're all over the place here.

Are you saying that there are legal repercussions if ATLUS were to keep its censored content in the game? That's nonsense. The US government can do nothing to keep ATLUS from publishing Catherine (and I've qualified in multiple posts that when I speak of government censorship, I am speaking of the United States, so let's lose that strawman now). The fact that the distribution market "is heavily regulated by some big companies" has nothing to do with that conversation.

I keep hearing about "consequences" for these companies. There might be such consequences, but here's my viewpoint: either censorship is a real problem with a majority of gamers, in which case a boycott of censored games would make a great dent in the profits, or there are very few people who care about this, in which case censorship is just some internet red herring that is irrelevant to most gamers. Which is it? 

Businesses should absolutely do what is best for them from a business standpoint. I've never said otherwise. My whole point here is that the lot of you complaining about SJWs are just being wimps who refuse to tackle the real problem - businesses that don't give a shit about your viewpoint because it's not profitable to them. But again, let's be clear - when a business chooses (CHOOSES) to censor their product (in America, since apparently I need to write this in every single post I make), it is because they have made a business decision. It is NOT because of some legal requirement of them. And they made that decision precisely because they feel that the customer base who might complain about that censorship is an irrelevant outlier, which will either be overtaken by the rest of the base, or which will just fall in line and purchase the product anyway.

Diversity is not equivalent to "worthless shite". 

If you read my earlier comments in this thread, you'd know what my opinion about this case with ATLUS is. I was talking generally.

Your dichotomy seems totally off. A lot of people buy games they got issues with. Would you skip a game that has a lot of stuff you like, just because they cut or changed some content you wanted? Maybe you wouldn't, but very many do.

There are a lot of companies who'll gladly cut their profit to support causes. They shouldn't, and rather think about their employees.

And the consequence isn't necessarily lost sales of this one product, it's about bad press and reputation in the long run.

Edited by MMDE

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I'd like to see some proof this vast, Gulen-like conspiracy. It seems like a lot of work to learn to program for years, only to bring down a company that pays for your rent. I certainly believe that people carry their beliefs into the workplace (why wouldn't you? I certainly do), but that's much different from saying that they "worm their way into companies".

Companies still hire the best they can from the applications they receive. It seems a longshot that there is some network for subverting them.

I don't think these people join these companies with a desire to destroy them, but rather see joining these companies as an opportunity to push their values and beliefs on others. DICE did this with Battlefield 5 and even after it failed, they continue to blame everyone, but themselves. There's nothing wrong with having your own beliefs and values, but to impose it upon others is wrong. God of War is a good example of a game that doesn't push any kind of agenda. Santa Monica Studios could be full of a bunch of SJWs, but I wouldn't know by just playing the game.

Also, companies do hire to fulfill diversity quotas. Perhaps these diversity hires are capable (at least in some cases), but they certainly are not the best people for the job. Ubisoft has recently been shown to have a very big social justice agenda with their hiring practices as they use cultural background as a determining factor when hiring someone. Although not a company, Canadian PM Trudeau appointed a cabinet of 50% women just for the sake of having a balanced cabinet, not because they were the most suitable people for the position.

Edited by ObliviousSenpai
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

Ya know, I may be neutral on this, but I find it hilarious that the anti-SJW brigade think they're the good guys, trying to end all forms of censorship while they think the SJWs are the bad guys, trying to ruin games with censorship by telling the game companies they should censor this or that by forcing the game companies to censor the games. There is no right or wrong answer.

it's to the point where even pointing this irony out is cliche.

The SJW is far from perfect, but it's only the anti's that consistently (albeit subconsciously) think they are infallible. If it's something they like, it's simply the artists' free expression; anything they don't, it's (forced) pandering by by some underground network setting out to ruin everything they love. SJW boycotts are framed as whiny and with the sole intent to censor; ANT boycotts are righteous crusades meant to reclaim what was once lost.

4 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Being pro censorship = being against freedom of expression which is pretty ironic considering lefties are the ones always wanting to run around naked

And this is what I am talking about. The blatant double-think in regards to how things operate. I sure as heck hope you aren't ignoring that Last of Us 2 thread that was posted talking about forced the final shot of Ellie kissing her girlfriend was uncalled for, forced, and badly written before the game even came out.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

it's to the point where even pointing this irony out is cliche.

The SJW is far from perfect, but it's only the anti's that consistently (albeit subconsciously) think they are infallible. If it's something they like, it's simply the artists' free expression; anything they don't, it's (forced) pandering by by some underground network setting out to ruin everything they love. SJW boycotts are framed as whiny and with the sole intent to censor; ANT boycotts are righteous crusades meant to reclaim what was once lost.

And this is what I am talking about. The blatant double-think in regards to how things operate. I sure as heck hope you aren't ignoring that Last of Us 2 thread that was posted talking about forced the final shot of Ellie kissing her girlfriend was uncalled for, forced, and badly written before the game even came out.

yes please holy crusader tell us how you're right and we're wrong for not wanting Neil Druckman to force his believes down our throats

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Katt said:

Stop responding to the trolls, you will only get this thread closed.

Excuse me? Trolls? If anything, you're the trolls for getting upset about things like censorship. I would be glad to have this thread closed because of this foolish talk about how censorship is a evil thing for gamers and crap. I'm neutral on this, but this talk about how censorship is ruining art is getting out of hand and needs to end.

1 minute ago, DEI2EK said:

yes please holy crusader tell us how you're right and we're wrong for not wanting Neil Druckman to force his believes down our throats

Absolutely. It's quite simple......

Neil Druckman can't make you do anything.

He can't change your beliefs. He can't make you change your viewpoint. And he certainly can't make you go out and buy the game.

But not buying the game isn't enough, isn't it? Like I said in THAT thread, the majority of anti's are so used to having their views at the forefront of every decision and every conversation, that the second it shifts to someone else, it's an attack on their opinions. A violation of their free speech. It's them being forced to believe things they wouldn't otherwise.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

He can't change your beliefs. He can't make you change your viewpoint. And he certainly can't make you go out and buy the game.

But not buying the game isn't enough, isn't it? Like I said in THAT thread, the majority of anti's are so used to having their views at the forefront of every decision and every conversation, that the second it shifts to someone else, it's an attack on their opinions. A violation of their free speech. It's them being forced to believe things they wouldn't otherwise.

Stop trying to censor stuff I like and i'll shut up about stuff you like. Simple as that. Once lefties fuck off and stop trying to ruin everything I enjoy i'll let them enjoy things.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

That is so freaking true. The antis can't even think reasonably and refused to listen to logic. I am neutral on this, but I also agree with RedRod that the SJWs are far from perfect, but that also doesn't make the anti-SJW brigade better than them.

2 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Stop trying to censor stuff I like and i'll shut up about stuff you like. Simple as that. Once lefties fuck off and stop trying to ruin everything I enjoy i'll let them enjoy things.

Alrighty then, but on one condition, that righties stop being ass-backwards in their beliefs regarding other people. That way those ass-backwards beliefs won't seep into video-games, and then there would be nothing to complain about.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

I sure as heck hope you aren't ignoring that Last of Us 2 thread that was posted talking about forced the final shot of Ellie kissing her girlfriend was uncalled for, forced, and badly written before the game even came out.

Well, it was uncalled for, forced and badly written.

4 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

Well, it was uncalled for, forced and badly written.

What about it was forced or badly written, exactly? I'm no Last of Us fan, at all, but that scene was perfectly fine.

Gosh darn, those Jak games are so forced aren't they, shoving their straight character relationships into my video game!?

What even is this post?

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Xugashi said:

Hasn't SJW's changed things in video games before? I believe they are one of the reasons why DOAX3 never saw a release out here in the west? This might be totally unrelated but if they manage to ruin video-games on a consecutive basis won't future games also be affected? I can totally see Tifa's rack and maybe even her fashion sense get nerfed heavily as well as Barret's hilariously stereotypical personality get toned down just to appeal to this minor group who won't buy the remake when it comes out.  ?

Cross-dressing and Honey Bee Manor are definitely endangered, or at least much more limited. SE has been pretty censorhappy with FF XV, FFX/X-2 HD collection, KH collections and I think their Bravely Default games, iirc. I'm not sure about the models in Dissidia.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

There is a right answer, being pro censorship is the wrong one. It's pretty cut and dry. Being pro censorship = being against freedom of expression which is pretty ironic considering lefties are the ones always wanting to run around naked

Is it that simple? I think if you look at the entirely of art across mediums and add in the commercial aspect.  Censorship bred into how we classify, market, and restrict all entertainment, public media. Every thing doesn't make it into an art museum. 

You know this. You also know that there are things you can't say on this forum because of what is essentially censorship. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/25/2019 at 0:57 AM, Valtekken173 said:

The fact that one ending doesn't take that into consideration doesn't mean wanting to take away rights from those groups or hating them. It's barely definable as insensitive, and most definitely not "transphobic". Transphobic would be open hate against trans people, calls to violence against them, a trans character being treated like shit (for their being trans, not for other reasons), something to that effect. This is as usual overblown manufactured outrage.

Well, I don't even know what transphobic means at this point. It means whatever the person using the word means by it, like all words do. A classic literal interpretation of it would just be irrational fear of "trans". Then you'd need to argue they display a fear of "trans", and if that fear is irrational or not. Even if it's transphobic, you'd need to argue that it's a bad thing, and justify what you want to be done about it. You'd even need to show how that transform the game into being transphobic. Plenty of games has story lines where the main characters are not always the good guys or not always doing good things etc. A fictional character can have flaws without it being what the creator of the character thinks is okay. Also, it may be okay in this fictional world etc, and that does not mean the creator promotes or thinks it's okay etc, just that's what the world is like.

Furthermore, I think the entire discussion is degrading. People are arguing for not making fun of certain things, looking at them differently, treating them differently etc. If for example that is about race, I think you'd call that racism, or in the case of sex, it'd be sexism etc.

As for censoring nudity etc in games, that has always been the case. I'd honestly prefer they didn't. I do however think we'd get a lot of shitty sex games if they didn't. Just imagine the trophy lists and guides etc. PSNP would be 18+. xD 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

If time travel were possible, I would wish to go back to much simpler times where none of this SJW bullshit ever existed. Back then, nobody gave a damn about any of this stuff appearing in video games. I haven't played this version of Catherine, but if this new character is a trap/transgender or whatever Japanese term the person wants to label them, it needs to stop, or just accept them and leave it alone.

4 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

If time travel were possible, I would wish to go back to much simpler times where none of this SJW bullshit ever existed. Back then, nobody gave a damn about any of this stuff appearing in video games. I haven't played this version of Catherine, but if this new character is a trap/transgender or whatever Japanese term the person wants to label them, it needs to stop, or just accept them and leave it alone.

I Want to played Remaster Game but buy Remaster as long Uncensored without any Censorship, I Skip SJW Censorship of International Release

• Like 1