Hvalpen

The Frozen wilds before Ultra hard NG+?

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys, im about to wrap up my first playthrough but i was wondering, what now?

 

Do i play the NG+ on UH first? I know you can not change difficulty in NG+ so wouldnt that technically mean that after NG+ i would have to do frozen wild on ultra hard too?

 

If i do Frozen wild first and level up to 60 what happens when i start NG+ on UH? Will i be able to play through the main game as level 60?

 

Does anything change in the main game(and the UH ng+ run)by having Frozen wild installed? In terms of difficulty ramping up(or down) compared to if it wasnt installed

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, you keep everything from the DLC for NG+. The equipment you get makes even UH a joke. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would recommend doing the DLC first. I did my UH NG+ run before Frozen Wilds came out and when I wanted to do the DLC I needed to load a save from my NG playthrough to not have to do the DLC on Ultra Hard. That was not a very pleasant surprise 😑

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hvalpen said:

Hey guys, im about to wrap up my first playthrough but i was wondering, what now?

 

Do i play the NG+ on UH first? I know you can not change difficulty in NG+ so wouldnt that technically mean that after NG+ i would have to do frozen wild on ultra hard too?

 

If i do Frozen wild first and level up to 60 what happens when i start NG+ on UH? Will i be able to play through the main game as level 60?

 

Does anything change in the main game(and the UH ng+ run)by having Frozen wild installed? In terms of difficulty ramping up(or down) compared to if it wasnt installed

I would strongly suggest playing the frozen wilds DLC first on normal in your regular play through (after the story etc.) and then proceeding to do NG+ on ultra hard. I thought I'd do it in NG+ mode, except then I was on ultra hard and you can't change the difficulty so the frozen wilds were ridiculously tough, especially the hunting ground challenges are absolutely impossible to get gold on ultra hard. seriously. impossible. so just do a chill run on normal and then do NG+ on ultra hard. and yes you're leveling is fine either way it all carries over don't worry about that. and the main game is completely unchanged by frozen wilds. you only have a couple more skills available to unlock.

Edited by cam_wick
forgot important info
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cam_wick said:

I would strongly suggest playing the frozen wilds DLC first on normal in your regular play through (after the story etc.) and then proceeding to do NG+ on ultra hard. I thought I'd do it in NG+ mode, except then I was on ultra hard and you can't change the difficulty so the frozen wilds were ridiculously tough, especially the hunting ground challenges are absolutely impossible to get gold on ultra hard. seriously. impossible. so just do a chill run on normal and then do NG+ on ultra hard. and yes you're leveling is fine either way it all carries over don't worry about that. and the main game is completely unchanged by frozen wilds. you only have a couple more skills available to unlock.

 

So basically, nothing in the UH NG+ playthrough will get harder from having Frozen Wilds installed?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did the DLC first and then blazed through the NG+ on UH in a couple of hours.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dannyscun said:

I did the DLC first and then blazed through the NG+ on UH in a couple of hours.

Most of uh plathrough was quite easy. I really struggled in the building bit where u grapple down n fight that huge machine. (Cant remember the name been a while since i did it). Felt like a eternaty to die cos u cant c the heath bars on uh

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do a speed run on ultra hard NG+ with the shield armor.

 

TIP:  pick up lots of materials.

 

Then go back to your main save and do the expansion.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

Do a speed run on ultra hard NG+ with the shield armor.

 

TIP:  pick up lots of materials.

 

Then go back to your main save and do the expansion.

Thought once you go into ng+ on uh it gets rid ok f the older save.

 

Correct me if I am wrong 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/02/2019 at 2:40 AM, Arcesus7 said:

I would recommend doing the DLC first. I did my UH NG+ run before Frozen Wilds came out and when I wanted to do the DLC I needed to load a save from my NG playthrough to not have to do the DLC on Ultra Hard. That was not a very pleasant surprise 1f611.png

Omg! Wait a minute?! xD

 

I did NG+ ultra hard way back before the DLC released. Does this mean I finished the DLC on ultra hard? :jaymon:

 

That explains why the fireclaws and frost claws were on roids 😂. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

Thought once you go into ng+ on uh it gets rid ok f the older save.

 

Correct me if I am wrong 

It doesn’t delete any saves, you can still return to your original game but...

18 hours ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

Do a speed run on ultra hard NG+ with the shield armor.

 

TIP:  pick up lots of materials.

 

Then go back to your main save and do the expansion.

... you won’t have any of the equipment you gained in NG+ as there is no crosssaving. So you’ll have whatever you left off with when you created the NG+ file.

 

20 hours ago, Hvalpen said:

 

So basically, nothing in the UH NG+ playthrough will get harder from having Frozen Wilds installed?

Correct. BUT doing the frozen wilds in  NG+ UH is sooooo freaking hard, it will easily double your playtime, but in a very frustrating way. Trust me just do the DLC in your regular playthrough after finishing the main Story etc. and then create your NG+ file from that for ultra hard. You’ll be close to level 60 and have the best gear and skills. Otherwise I’m telling you, you won’t be able to get gold on the hunting grounds, it’s ridiculous

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did the DLC first on normal and then the NG+ Ultra Hard. 

 

Because you get to keep your equipment from your first run through I actually found the DLC on normal to be more challenging than the base game NG+ on Ultra Hard. (The final boss fight on UH did require me to adjust a few strategies so I wouldn't run out of healing options halfway through but that was it). 

 

It's those Frozen Wilds hunting grounds, took a few tries before I figured out the strategies on that limited arrows one. Well, and every fireclaw and frostclaw feels like a miniboss. 

 

Suggestion for NG+? When you pick up loot in your regular play through that comes in packs don't open them all. This lets you keep more than the maximum of materials. Or, more importantly, health potions. My laziness opening those during my normal playthrough saved me a lot of grief in the NG+ UH final boss fight. :P

Edited by SolarCat02
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recommend that you play ultra hard ng+ after dlc. Because in the dlc, you can get better bows and it will make new game easier. I regret that i done ng+ before dlc because ng+ game was very hard. When you saw ending, do dlc. Then you play ng+. Just listen what i say.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.