This game Hard?

DarkLordSHTR

The main trophy that will make this Platinum quite long is "Never To Late To Do Well", it will require at least an entire month of wait completion time, although im entirely sure you can make just another random farm from the start and just revisit it a month later whilst you play your main farm. The main grind comes from the Numbered actions that you must complete, so it will be quite a grind regardless but it just takes time and dedication, plus the game is inherently fun anyways!

14 hours ago, DarkLordSHTR said:

I like Farming games.

Is it worth buying in this game?

I'm having a lot of fun, and it gets more fun the more you really grasp how to do things efficiently. Not so fun that nobody ever joins my farm when I have things to do in it, they only ever join after I've done it all myself. ._. So could probably be good to have a friend who has the game to switch farms around on. Playing other people's farms gives a meter that doubles materials gained in your own farm after (there's a trophy for filling it up once). And your farmer level goes with you into user levels so you can quickly level yourself up and get access to more things with higher level user farms.

I'd say go for it. As an early tip if you do get it, roads let you run faster so build them if you can spare the crystals. You can throw down the ugly pavement for 1 crystal and later on recycle it and get a full refund on it so you aren't wasting anything if you just place them down willy nilly. And you can move multiple things at once, just keep selecting them with R3 (the tutorial teaches you the basics, but doesn't mention you can select multiple things to move at once; wasted quite a bit of time early on moving things one at a time.)

9 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I'm having a lot of fun, and it gets more fun the more you really grasp how to do things efficiently. Not so fun that nobody ever joins my farm when I have things to do in it, they only ever join after I've done it all myself. ._. So could probably be good to have a friend who has the game to switch farms around on. Playing other people's farms gives a meter that doubles materials gained in your own farm after (there's a trophy for filling it up once). And your farmer level goes with you into user levels so you can quickly level yourself up and get access to more things with higher level user farms.

I'd say go for it. As an early tip if you do get it, roads let you run faster so build them if you can spare the crystals. You can throw down the ugly pavement for 1 crystal and later on recycle it and get a full refund on it so you aren't wasting anything if you just place them down willy nilly. And you can move multiple things at once, just keep selecting them with R3 (the tutorial teaches you the basics, but doesn't mention you can select multiple things to move at once; wasted quite a bit of time early on moving things one at a time.)

Holy hell wish I knew you could move multiple things yesterday as I was rearranging lol.

Do you have any tips to help mitigate downtime? I'm at farm level 14 and I still quickly run out of things to do and am stuck playing the waiting game. Going to other farms to kill time seems somewhat pointless as most things are locked behind farm level, not player level and also most farms have almost nothing to harvest when I visit anyway.

20 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

Holy hell wish I knew you could move multiple things yesterday as I was rearranging lol.

Do you have any tips to help mitigate downtime? I'm at farm level 14 and I still quickly run out of things to do and am stuck playing the waiting game. Going to other farms to kill time seems somewhat pointless as most things are locked behind farm level, not player level and also most farms have almost nothing to harvest when I visit anyway.

High level farms tend to have something since those are mostly just dumps of everything and ugly as sin. I think only one was actually nice looking that I visited. Another had cows for days and that's a pain to build your meter with. So I just take the risk of wasting my time for a season change. Usually people join me after I did everything and the season change is just a minute away and then there'd be tons of stuff to do. Half my farm is just trees. Organized pretty with pathways between the 3x3 sections (or 2x3) so I could fit my dirt roads and lights in them. :P

Toss a beach ball down, pretty sure that unlocks before the soccer ball. I didn't buy one until after I got the soccer ball and realized how fun it is to kill time with. Especially with other players, it's quite the kick (pun intended). Earlier someone managed to kick the beach ball over the barrier of an unpurchased plot. Maybe I'm just simple though. :P

As far as spending your time productively... I'm still figuring that out. I think it gets easier the further you get and the larger your farm is (duh). It really depends on what you mean too. Are you trying to balance decoration and production? That's how I've been playing, and at certain points there's not enough time in the day at all. Despite being able to harvest everything with plenty of time left.

When I'm busy making things pretty the time flies. I actually missed an entire season and didn't realize it because I was changing around my setup around my treehouse.

I tend to do a pass of everything and think about what my next goal will be from there. For instance, I didn't know what to do after harvesting everything so I walked around and made it to my farm area. My hatred of the asphalt road led me to look at what other options I could use that fit the theme of a farm. And so my dirt road replacement began. I not only replaced the road that was there, but expanded it far beyond so it goes all through my forest so you get a nice boost of speed all over the place. After a few passes in the dark and through my main area, and treehouse area, which had lights already I realized I could add those to the tree path on my farm too. Another example is just how I was going about feeding my animals in the way I had them. It gave the idea on how I could build a road through the path I already was walking so it would be faster and still look the way I want it to.

That kind of thing really grabs my attention and kills time before the next season kicks in. Usually when I'm not even done with what I'm doing. It's like a snowball effect once you get the ball rolling it's hard to stop. Sometimes you can't think of anything, but just look around and notice things and plan for the future for when you have that down time next time. To throw my farm back in there when I first bought the expansion it just had this road leading up and it looked perfect for a barn. So I put one there. Later on I noticed the expanse behind it was the end of the map so I could push it all back even further. Things like that keep me motivated to move forward, and spend my downtime either thinking about what to do once I get there or fiddling away with items to make things look how I want.

If you're not making things pretty... no idea!

31 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

High level farms tend to have something since those are mostly just dumps of everything and ugly as sin. I think only one was actually nice looking that I visited. Another had cows for days and that's a pain to build your meter with. So I just take the risk of wasting my time for a season change. Usually people join me after I did everything and the season change is just a minute away and then there'd be tons of stuff to do. Half my farm is just trees. Organized pretty with pathways between the 3x3 sections (or 2x3) so I could fit my dirt roads and lights in them. :P

Toss a beach ball down, pretty sure that unlocks before the soccer ball. I didn't buy one until after I got the soccer ball and realized how fun it is to kill time with. Especially with other players, it's quite the kick (pun intended). Earlier someone managed to kick the beach ball over the barrier of an unpurchased plot. Maybe I'm just simple though. :P

As far as spending your time productively... I'm still figuring that out. I think it gets easier the further you get and the larger your farm is (duh). It really depends on what you mean too. Are you trying to balance decoration and production? That's how I've been playing, and at certain points there's not enough time in the day at all. Despite being able to harvest everything with plenty of time left.

When I'm busy making things pretty the time flies. I actually missed an entire season and didn't realize it because I was changing around my setup around my treehouse.

I tend to do a pass of everything and think about what my next goal will be from there. For instance, I didn't know what to do after harvesting everything so I walked around and made it to my farm area. My hatred of the asphalt road led me to look at what other options I could use that fit the theme of a farm. And so my dirt road replacement began. I not only replaced the road that was there, but expanded it far beyond so it goes all through my forest so you get a nice boost of speed all over the place. After a few passes in the dark and through my main area, and treehouse area, which had lights already I realized I could add those to the tree path on my farm too. Another example is just how I was going about feeding my animals in the way I had them. It gave the idea on how I could build a road through the path I already was walking so it would be faster and still look the way I want it to.

That kind of thing really grabs my attention and kills time before the next season kicks in. Usually when I'm not even done with what I'm doing. It's like a snowball effect once you get the ball rolling it's hard to stop. Sometimes you can't think of anything, but just look around and notice things and plan for the future for when you have that down time next time. To throw my farm back in there when I first bought the expansion it just had this road leading up and it looked perfect for a barn. So I put one there. Later on I noticed the expanse behind it was the end of the map so I could push it all back even further. Things like that keep me motivated to move forward, and spend my downtime either thinking about what to do once I get there or fiddling away with items to make things look how I want.

If you're not making things pretty... no idea!

Well, I'm not really at the point of making things pretty, altho I'm trying to organize my farm a little better as it's messing with my OCD lol. At this point my only goals have been completing quests and accruing resources/raising farm level. It just seems that all the crops that are worthwhile that I have access to take multiple hours or days to harvest. The ones that are 40-30 minutes or less give shit gold and xp. I feel like I'm missing some more effective way to level my farm too, it's incredibly slow going.

Hopefully when my house finally completes that will give me more options.

19 minutes ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

Well, I'm not really at the point of making things pretty, altho I'm trying to organize my farm a little better as it's messing with my OCD lol. At this point my only goals have been completing quests and accruing resources/raising farm level. It just seems that all the crops that are worthwhile that I have access to take multiple hours or days to harvest. The ones that are 40-30 minutes or less give shit gold and xp. I feel like I'm missing some more effective way to level my farm too, it's incredibly slow going.

Watermelons are good, cost 250 pay 800 and give 95 xp (from memory) they take 2 days though. I have a whole watermelon section, fantastic lol. 

I find this game very enjoyable to play for 15mins maybe twice a day between other games. No waiting around. If you start buying all the little shops you will end up with loads of crystals. Once you hit lvl farm lvl 15 you can be raking in 100k per harvest easy. I tend to put it all straight back in so the farm grows a little everytime. 

35 minutes ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

For badges focus on jam. You'll need the fruit masher or whatever it's called. I can't remember what you have to pay to get it, I think it's crystals. With that 50 Fruit = 1 Jam and 5 crystals (5 minute cooldown). It's fewer crystals than the fruit stand with the 1 minute timer (10 fruit = 5 crystals), but you can't get jam. Which can be traded for badges.

The jam seller costs 10 badges, but when you trade in 10 jams you get a badge. That's a great way to earn the badges without needing the quests. Cheese doesn't seem very useful since milk is much harder to get. I made the mistake of buying the cheese stuff first since I didn't know what any of it really was.

The Pawn Shop, if you have any gold nuggets, lets you exchange them for everything. Tickets, badges, crystals, gold, materials. As far as I know the higher the level of your trees, and so on, the more likely you are to get gold nuggets when harvesting them. 1 gold nugget is worth 10k gold. 10 nuggets gets a badge.

Flowers are a great investment. Once you have a good flow of badges pairing those with sprinklers ensures almost always a max return. I'm not sure how the sprinklers work yet, since I've noticed some of my flowers who have had sprinklers for awhile still get yellow on the bar which means they weren't watered. But it's almost always max even then. I assume it has something to do with when you're not playing. But I can't be sure. Or maybe there's only so many times it waters within a certain time frame. Not sure.

I've had tons of trees since the start. Always plopping down 9 of every new one I get. They don't all give good money, but the fruit, peanuts and other materials can all be exchanged for crystals at the proper vender. Or used to cook and paint in your house to get tickets.

I don't pay much attention to my gold now, I'm more focused on the other currencies and earning that. My gold fluctuates from 100k-600k as I plant things. The grape category is good for crystals too. Exchange 50 grapes at the Vineyard for 15 crystals. Grapes take I think 6 hours, but they're relatively cheap. Later on you unlock really expensive, but very quick growing fruit that gives you the the same type of material to use too. I dropped from over 500k to below 100k going ham buying those things. Gotta pay close attention.

Animals suck. So try to avoid using them to make money they require too much micromanaging for little payoff. The feeders don't help at all like the sprinklers do... yet the sprinklers just work all the time and are cheaper items, and don't require gold or materials to use like the crap feeders. If you turn off all permissions you could just set them up so they are ready to be harvested when a quest rolls around for them. But otherwise, focus on other things.

Apple trees all year round + Fruit Smasher + Jam Seller = rolling in badges.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

For badges focus on jam. You'll need the fruit masher or whatever it's called. I can't remember what you have to pay to get it, I think it's crystals. With that 50 Fruit = 1 Jam and 5 crystals (5 minute cooldown). It's fewer crystals than the fruit stand with the 1 minute timer (10 fruit = 5 crystals), but you can't get jam. Which can be traded for badges.

The jam seller costs 10 badges, but when you trade in 10 jams you get a badge. That's a great way to earn the badges without needing the quests. Cheese doesn't seem very useful since milk is much harder to get. I made the mistake of buying the cheese stuff first since I didn't know what any of it really was.

The Pawn Shop, if you have any gold nuggets, lets you exchange them for everything. Tickets, badges, crystals, gold, materials. As far as I know the higher the level of your trees, and so on, the more likely you are to get gold nuggets when harvesting them. 1 gold nugget is worth 10k gold. 10 nuggets gets a badge.

Flowers are a great investment. Once you have a good flow of badges pairing those with sprinklers ensures almost always a max return. I'm not sure how the sprinklers work yet, since I've noticed some of my flowers who have had sprinklers for awhile still get yellow on the bar which means they weren't watered. But it's almost always max even then. I assume it has something to do with when you're not playing. But I can't be sure. Or maybe there's only so many times it waters within a certain time frame. Not sure.

I've had tons of trees since the start. Always plopping down 9 of every new one I get. They don't all give good money, but the fruit, peanuts and other materials can all be exchanged for crystals at the proper vender. Or used to cook and paint in your house to get tickets.

I don't pay much attention to my gold now, I'm more focused on the other currencies and earning that. My gold fluctuates from 100k-600k as I plant things. The grape category is good for crystals too. Exchange 50 grapes at the Vineyard for 15 crystals. Grapes take I think 6 hours, but they're relatively cheap. Later on you unlock really expensive, but very quick growing fruit that gives you the the same type of material to use too. I dropped from over 500k to below 100k going ham buying those things. Gotta pay close attention.

Animals suck. So try to avoid using them to make money they require too much micromanaging for little payoff. The feeders don't help at all like the sprinklers do... yet the sprinklers just work all the time and are cheaper items, and don't require gold or materials to use like the crap feeders. If you turn off all permissions you could just set them up so they are ready to be harvested when a quest rolls around for them. But otherwise, focus on other things.

Apple trees all year round + Fruit Smasher + Jam Seller = rolling in badges.

Very good info ?

15 hours ago, DarkLordSHTR said:

What are Online Trophies?
And is hard?

Can you also help?
Because, I will buy.

Online trophies are easy to do. Just go into one, then just do stuff until your lightning meter fills up and boom. Done with MP. Best to pick the highest level (purple star) farm possible those tend to have the most to do. Though it is useful to continue to do that as the meter doubles the materials you get from everything in your own farm. Which makes progressing later on a lot faster.

Nothing is hard, just time consuming. edit; though theoretically you could just leave your farm on and let people do stuff for you. there's no guarantee that people will join your farm at all, let alone do anything. Or do anything that useful. I see a lot of inactive people with millions of gold and high level farms. I stopped going to those ones since I'd rather waste time on a lower farm and help someone who needs it than be exploited by someone who just dumps seas of crops and animals down. *shrug* But I digress.

Edited by Elvick_

On 27.2.2019 at 3:29 PM, Elvick_ said:

I'm not sure how the sprinklers work yet, since I've noticed some of my flowers who have had sprinklers for awhile still get yellow on the bar which means they weren't watered. But it's almost always max even then. I assume it has something to do with when you're not playing. But I can't be sure. Or maybe there's only so many times it waters within a certain time frame. Not sure.

Maybe because of the ice effect of Winter time? it removes Watering effect until season is over.

If i want to kill time i just make an area with quick growing stuff. 10-30 min stuff with watering let me circle a while. And even if it doesnt bring much money , its still fun to level these crops up .

Im not Sure about the increased money when stuff levels up , but it looks like 1 % per lvl.

11 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Online trophies are easy to do. Just go into one, then just do stuff until your lightning meter fills up and boom. Done with MP. Best to pick the highest level (purple star) farm possible those tend to have the most to do. Though it is useful to continue to do that as the meter doubles the materials you get from everything in your own farm. Which makes progressing later on a lot faster.

Nothing is hard, just time consuming. edit; though theoretically you could just leave your farm on and let people do stuff for you. there's no guarantee that people will join your farm at all, let alone do anything. Or do anything that useful. I see a lot of inactive people with millions of gold and high level farms. I stopped going to those ones since I'd rather waste time on a lower farm and help someone who needs it than be exploited by someone who just dumps seas of crops and animals down. *shrug* But I digress.

Are you sure it gives double materials? I thought it was only for xp

16 hours ago, DiegoMolinams said:

Are you sure it gives double materials? I thought it was only for xp

Well, it's different for some things like the Money tree. Instead of 2 crystals you get 3. Wells instead of 25 gold you get 30. (though I've gotten 20 in other people's farms at times so I'm not sure what that's about). But yes it doubles the flower/cloth/etc materials. I don't recall what flowers with 25 crystals net you with the boost. I doubt it's 50, it's probably a percentage like the well and money tree. Should be noted that Farm Hands don't use your boost, so they gather at default rates of 1. so if you use them at all either move them to not waste it or let their time expire first.

I've been getting double crystals the entire time during the event. You get 1 normally, but it doubles that and the flower material you get from it. I've ended up moving my gas station and flower store [finally unlocked it] so I can quickly get to them both and farm out all the crystals in time. I end up not having enough time to replant everything trying to keep from having full flowers (and my cap is over 600).

The event if you have spare money is a great way to farm crystals. You get no gold return, but it's more than worth it. Between what it naturally gives you, the flowers, and the double boost you're be swimming in it. I had over 4k earlier. Spent most of it to open up another area. I've bought two areas during the event and it's only been a day. Less than one. And I'm at the point where they cost 3.5k+ now. This is combined with attempting to keep up with all my other stuff, especially fruit so I can get jam for badges. Plus buying some random items here and there (like a house upgrade for 250 crystals)

And the clovers are only 200 gold anyway, so not a huge cost. And only take 2 hours real time. Far less if you water them. And so far the event items have been amazing and I've gotten 3 of them. You can get progress from other people's farms so finding somebody close to harvesting them is a great use of earning your meter. I actually got the first item without setting foot in my own farm. I just picked a lucky farm with tons of them with 10 ish minutes.

17 hours ago, Xionx said:

Maybe because of the ice effect of Winter time? it removes Watering effect until season is over.

If i want to kill time i just make an area with quick growing stuff. 10-30 min stuff with watering let me circle a while. And even if it doesnt bring much money , its still fun to level these crops up .

Im not Sure about the increased money when stuff levels up , but it looks like 1 % per lvl.

Perhaps... though you can still water flowers and fill up the meter manually. But maybe the sprinklers don't go off at all in winter for an attempt at balancing them. I don't think I've noticed the animation in winter, so that's probably it. And their water falls low enough on some of them to drop their "health" to yellow. They should really explain some of these things better.

edit; They do go off in winter, I managed to see it happen. I did not get to see if it actually filled the meter though. Maybe there's a limited amount they work. Or they don't work as much when not actually playing or something. *shrug*

Edited by Elvick_

8 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Perhaps... though you can still water flowers and fill up the meter manually. But maybe the sprinklers don't go off at all in winter for an attempt at balancing them. I don't think I've noticed the animation in winter, so that's probably it. And their water falls low enough on some of them to drop their "health" to yellow. They should really explain some of these things better.

edit; They do go off in winter, I managed to see it happen. I did not get to see if it actually filled the meter though. Maybe there's a limited amount they work. Or they don't work as much when not actually playing or something. *shrug*

Yeah they go off , but water has no effect while frosty winters. So you fill up the meter but it has no watering effect. Someone in steam forum explained it better .

Winter doesnt have the "frosty" effect everytime. Like rain or dry  effect.

On 1/3/2019 at 6:55 AM, Elvick_ said:

Well, it's different for some things like the Money tree. Instead of 2 crystals you get 3. Wells instead of 25 gold you get 30. (though I've gotten 20 in other people's farms at times so I'm not sure what that's about). But yes it doubles the flower/cloth/etc materials. I don't recall what flowers with 25 crystals net you with the boost. I doubt it's 50, it's probably a percentage like the well and money tree. Should be noted that Farm Hands don't use your boost, so they gather at default rates of 1. so if you use them at all either move them to not waste it or let their time expire first.

I've been getting double crystals the entire time during the event. You get 1 normally, but it doubles that and the flower material you get from it. I've ended up moving my gas station and flower store [finally unlocked it] so I can quickly get to them both and farm out all the crystals in time. I end up not having enough time to replant everything trying to keep from having full flowers (and my cap is over 600).

The event if you have spare money is a great way to farm crystals. You get no gold return, but it's more than worth it. Between what it naturally gives you, the flowers, and the double boost you're be swimming in it. I had over 4k earlier. Spent most of it to open up another area. I've bought two areas during the event and it's only been a day. Less than one. And I'm at the point where they cost 3.5k+ now. This is combined with attempting to keep up with all my other stuff, especially fruit so I can get jam for badges. Plus buying some random items here and there (like a house upgrade for 250 crystals)

And the clovers are only 200 gold anyway, so not a huge cost. And only take 2 hours real time. Far less if you water them. And so far the event items have been amazing and I've gotten 3 of them. You can get progress from other people's farms so finding somebody close to harvesting them is a great use of earning your meter. I actually got the first item without setting foot in my own farm. I just picked a lucky farm with tons of them with 10 ish minutes.

It does give double materials! And yes with the diamonds it gives like 1 or 2 extras. My strategy atm is planting a lot of sunflowers (about 800 net income each with the level I have them) then spend some of that money on white peppercorn and the rest on sunflowers. Also have a couple of 13x13 of apple and tamarind trees with some farmhands. So yeah, a lot of money, diamonds and ribbons ?

Edited by DiegoMolinams

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, DarkLordSHTR said:
10S92b372.png

Actions speak louder than words
Complete 10 quests in your farm

All roads lead to Rome
Build a Point of Interest

I need help with these trophies.

Just keep working on completing quests. If you don’t know what to do, pause the game and check the Quest Log.

The Point of Interest is an item that unlocks at Farm level 15.