Stellaris Trophy Thoughts?

If I have understood correctly, this is an older version of the PC version of the game. And the game apparently have taken big steps forward with the last months updates. 

So if you have played the PC version, you probably will think it feels old.

They might update this also of course, to keep up with the PC version. 

But its something to think about before you buy it :)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Maaden_Swe said:

If I have understood correctly, this is an older version of the PC version of the game. And the game apparently have taken big steps forward with the last months updates. 

So if you have played the PC version, you probably will think it feels old.

They might update this also of course, to keep up with the PC version. 

But its something to think about before you buy it :)

I heard this version's build was more like a year old.

2 minutes ago, NanaCheese94 said:

According to my boyfriend who played hundreds of hours it is a pretty easy list. Hardest one he says would be the "Queening" Trophy.

Maybe there will be DLC in the future with more Steam inspired trophies, i'm not sure if this version already includes the Megacorp update they had a while ago for example.

It doesn't, it's the 1.7 version, which came out in June 2017. Megacorp update came out in December 2018.

I have around 600 hours on PC and done most achievements on Steam. The list is not all that difficult if we are free to change galaxy generation settings at the start of each game like on PC and if you understand the mechanics of the game. It will however take some time to understand what you are doing as grand strategy games can be really overwhelming when you start playing them.

You can also probably play on easy difficulty all the way like on PC. Some achievements are not possible in every match and depend highly on RNG, for example Queening is about one specific endgame event and there are 3 or 4 different event possibilities and only one will start in one game, not sure how many are included in this version tho, haven't checked it. Even if you know exactly what you are doing you need at least 2 or 3 somewhat long playthroughs with completely different kinds of playstyles and that is if you are extremely lucky with RNG events popping. Expect at least 100 hours of gameplay to get all of these, depending what generation options we have for setting the game and if you feel like abusing them.

Prepurchased this and can't wait to start in a couple of hours! Can't wait to see if PS4 Pro can handle the late game doomstacks as the PC version slowed down really hard... ?

Edited by Poramies

As someone who played this on PC, this seems pretty easy but will require a few playthroughs. Depending on what you have the speed set to and how focused you are on some of the more specific trophies, you could probably get the plat in around 50 hours, but it could definitely take longer.

• 1 year later...
On 2/25/2019 at 9:12 PM, Poramies said:

I have around 600 hours on PC and done most achievements on Steam. The list is not all that difficult if we are free to change galaxy generation settings at the start of each game like on PC and if you understand the mechanics of the game. It will however take some time to understand what you are doing as grand strategy games can be really overwhelming when you start playing them.

You can also probably play on easy difficulty all the way like on PC. Some achievements are not possible in every match and depend highly on RNG, for example Queening is about one specific endgame event and there are 3 or 4 different event possibilities and only one will start in one game, not sure how many are included in this version tho, haven't checked it. Even if you know exactly what you are doing you need at least 2 or 3 somewhat long playthroughs with completely different kinds of playstyles and that is if you are extremely lucky with RNG events popping. Expect at least 100 hours of gameplay to get all of these, depending what generation options we have for setting the game and if you feel like abusing them.

Prepurchased this and can't wait to start in a couple of hours! Can't wait to see if PS4 Pro can handle the late game doomstacks as the PC version slowed down really hard... 1f605.png

@Poramies

Please explain galaxy generation settings

On 27/02/2019 at 4:13 PM, strangerGOL said:

All trophies being tied to the Ironman Mode is a bummer.

That's the case in all Paradox games on Steam. If it wasn't, you could just make them trivially easy with savescumming (or mods/console commands on PC)

16 hours ago, WARLOCK1972 said:

@Poramies

Please explain galaxy generation settings

Well for example for the new expansion that just came out, Rise of the Machines is far easier to complete if you set the galaxy to be suitable for this purpose. For this you can start the game in a small galaxy with one easy AI and yourself so you can easily wipe them out popping you this one as opposed to trying it in a huge galaxy with 10 AI empires. Some trophies will still require RNG to be in your favor though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Poramies said:

Well for example for the new expansion that just came out, Rise of the Machines is far easier to complete if you set the galaxy to be suitable for this purpose. For this you can start the game in a small galaxy with one easy AI and yourself so you can easily wipe them out popping you this one as opposed to trying it in a huge galaxy with 10 AI empires. Some trophies will still require RNG to be in your favor though.

Exactly, the options here and the fact that the game world randomly generates in the first place is a huge reason why achievements in Stellaris are easier than in other Paradox grand strategy games.

Though the downside is that you can't get as exact tutorials for following them as in games like EU4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got Stay on Target which was definitely the worst trophy of all of the added dlc ones. Of what's next the Voidspawn is finicky but not so bad, and galatron is Infinity Machine levels of RNG but easier as you get chances every game. good lucky anyone going for Stay on Target the AI is trash for it. Hope you can do it quicker that my 15 or so hours for it...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14.08.2020 at 01:26, AtaraxicDream said:

Это возможно, но я думаю, нам пришлось заплатить за dlc? Подобный трюк компания совершает не в первый раз, но это будет настоящий облом.

I want 100% profile, so I really hope too

On 29.06.2020 at 00:13, ShipTeaser said:

Наконец-то получил Stay on Target, который определенно был худшим трофеем из всех добавленных dlc. Что будет дальше, Voidspawn привередлив, но не так уж плох, а galatron - это уровни ГСЧ Infinity Machine, но проще, поскольку вы получаете шанс в каждой игре. Хорошо, удачно, что кто-то собирается остаться на цели, ИИ для этого - мусор. Надеюсь, ты сможешь сделать это быстрее, чем мои 15 часов или около того ...

Yeah, i am did it too. The rest of the achievements will be easy. Including federation

Edited by DimaBerg