Jason Schreier hinting at Demon's Souls Remaster?

ziggypossum

1 minute ago, Mardia_ said:

I've heard the name Jason Schreier before but not sure why his confirmation means anything. Can anyone let me know?

He's a journalist for Kotaku. He has lots of insider connections and knows things. For example he knew Fallout 76 was going to be a multiplayer only game before it's announcement. He either knows the game is in the works and this is all he is going to say about it for now or he is just guessing. I'd lean more on the former. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Afro_Gear said:

He's a journalist for Kotaku. He has lots of insider connections and knows things. For example he knew Fallout 76 was going to be a multiplayer only game before it's announcement. He either knows the game is in the works and this is all he is going to say about it for now or he is just guessing. I'd lean more on the former. 

Hopefully the former.

I’d be surprised if we don’t see a Demon’s Souls remaster or even remake at some point in the near future. If i had to guess i’d say it’ll be an early PS5 game meant to sell the system to more niche audiences similar to what Bloodborne did for the PS4.

On 2/25/2019 at 3:42 PM, kidson2004 said:

This will be a day one buy if this rings true. Demon’s Souls is a game I enjoyed from start to finish. Need to play the Dark Souls series, but I’m excited for this. 

You liked Demon's Souls "from start to finish", and yet never played any Dark Souls?

8 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

If they remake it, does anyone think theyll give it a direct storyline link to dark souls? 

Nope. But I think it's moot, anyway, as I don't think they'll remake it. It will just be a remaster.

So they actually worked out all the publishing rights? If it weren't for Atlus, Bamco and Sony splitting the regional publishing, we'd have a remake/remaster long ago.

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

You liked Demon's Souls "from start to finish", and yet never played any Dark Souls?

Dark Souls is trash compared to Demon's Souls.

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Correct. I never played any of the Dark Souls games ever. Doesn’t mean that I won’t; it’s just I  have t gotten around to playing them.