For everyone wanting the Surgeon Simulator Platinum!

Coplex-XVII

2 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

you do indeed just get in a swing of things doing the cuts. right now that kidney transplant speed run has me wanting to put the controller through the screen. that idiot just won't pick up the kidneys, i even tried that method you mentioned and just can't seem to grab them.

To be honest it isn't you the Kidneys are actually dodgy, something with their detection is actually fucked. You sometimes know for sure you're grabbing them and it's like they're just slipping out of yours hands despite doing a perfect grab on them. It's just how the mechanics are and some RNG plays on your runs and it can just take multiple tries just to avoid stupid things like that.

Nigel Burke is definitely not the smartest guy around lol

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Coplex- said:

To be honest it isn't you the Kidneys are actually dodgy, something with their detection is actually fucked. You sometimes know for sure you're grabbing them and it's like they're just slipping out of yours hands despite doing a perfect grab on them. It's just how the mechanics are and some RNG plays on your runs and it can just take multiple tries just to avoid stupid things like that.

Nigel Burke is definitely not the smartest guy around lol

good it isn't just me. i definitely can see times i should be grabbing them, yet it doesn't.  dear me, the ambulance one will probably make me snap, seeing as it's an entire minute faster.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

good it isn't just me. i definitely can see times i should be grabbing them, yet it doesn't.  dear me, the ambulance one will probably make me snap, seeing as it's an entire minute faster.

Ya a lot less time and a bit RNG with when and how the Ambulance is moving :( sadly.

I got lucky on my Livestream with that one and got it first try but if I remember correctly it was so close to failure lol. 
You'll get it mate just stay diligent!

3 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

See anyone can be a surgeon. Now who needs implants?1f60a.png

Anyone can and just play Surgeon Rap by Dan Bull in the background to get you hyped.

could you give some more details on the position you need to stab the eyes? my mate was doing it just to the outside, but i can't get that to work, but when i tried stabbing straight on, i just sliced that patient up like a baked ham. find it funny how it's the most common corridor blood loss trophy, i find eye transplants the hardest surgery in the game by a  country mile thus far.

4 hours ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

could you give some more details on the position you need to stab the eyes? my mate was doing it just to the outside, but i can't get that to work, but when i tried stabbing straight on, i just sliced that patient up like a baked ham. find it funny how it's the most common corridor blood loss trophy, i find eye transplants the hardest surgery in the game by a  country mile thus far.

Ya takes awhile to get used to, have you been trying to get the eyes out with the scissors?

1 hour ago, Coplex- said:

Just keep at it even if it's just a bit a day you'll get it man :D

the  next thing i can't wrap my head around is pulling scissors from the eyes.  how on earth do you grab them and pull them right out? i have had so many runs ruined cuz he just pulls the bastards and won't yank them out. a few runs were 5 min + and had 5900 to 5100 ml blood left, and i do think the scissors pulled right out, but every run since they don't pull. i've had a few 3 minute runs where they were at an A rank w/ 4500 to 4700 ml blood left. it's costing me big and im going absolutely ballistic at that game right now xD.  multiple times the damn patient bled out and died because that idiot wouldn't pull the scissors out.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

the  next thing i can't wrap my head around is pulling scissors from the eyes.  how on earth do you grab them and pull them right out? i have had so many runs ruined cuz he just pulls the bastards and won't yank them out. a few runs were 5 min + and had 5900 to 5100 ml blood left, and i do think the scissors pulled right out, but every run since they don't pull. i've had a few 3 minute runs where they were at an A rank w/ 4500 to 4700 ml blood left. it's costing me big and im going absolutely ballistic at that game right now xD.  multiple times the damn patient bled out and died because that idiot wouldn't pull the scissors out.

Ya pulling them out can be dodgy there are times where I try to and it just spazzes out.

All I can say is when pulling them out rotate his wrist constantly while pulling back and that helps free them from his eyes.

23 minutes ago, Hoagie324 said:

Like everyone else said, thanks a bunch for the guide! Tried this a couple years back and gave up because of the quirky control scheme. I’ll have to pick it back up and give it a try with this excellent guide. Congrats on the fastest time!

Appreciate the time you took for the positive feedback :) and hopefully this guide helps you slam through it mate. 
I enjoyed making it and going for fastest time was fun since I was doing it on a charity live stream so got to hang out with some cool people on stream.

7 hours ago, Coplex- said:

Ya pulling them out can be dodgy there are times where I try to and it just spazzes out.

All I can say is when pulling them out rotate his wrist constantly while pulling back and that helps free them from his eyes.

i was able to snag a++ on it tonight, finally. i like using the pencil to place the eyes, much nicer as you can have a clear view where the eyeball actually is in relation to the eye socket. the eye transplant is w/o a doubt the toughest to a++ of the surgeries imo. to much wonky stuff that can go wrong and it requires a fairly quick time and minimal blood loss compared to the others.

5 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

i was able to snag a++ on it tonight, finally. i like using the pencil to place the eyes, much nicer as you can have a clear view where the eyeball actually is in relation to the eye socket. the eye transplant is w/o a doubt the toughest to a++ of the surgeries imo. to much wonky stuff that can go wrong and it requires a fairly quick time and minimal blood loss compared to the others.

Good job mate I knew you'd get it :D

On 01/04/2019 at 11:46 AM, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

Platinum complete. Thanks a fuck load for the good guide. :D

Fuck man barely reading this

You got it?? Fucking awesome mate! Super happy and glad it helped

I know my channel is small but hopefully I can improve and make even more guides

6 hours ago, Coplex- said:

Fuck man barely reading this

You got it?? Fucking awesome mate! Super happy and glad it helped

I know my channel is small but hopefully I can improve and make even more guides

Great quality content. Unfortunately another small channel chucked into obscurity by YouTube.  Crack n with I am bread. I’m gonna dive into that soon. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

Great quality content. Unfortunately another small channel chucked into obscurity by YouTube.  Crack n with I am bread. I’m gonna dive into that soon. 

I recently revamped it, last time I didn't grow because I wasn't able to be consistent sadly with my financial position.

I'm hoping I can be now but sometimes life just hits you..over and over.

I haven't really played much of I Am Bread but I think it would be much harder than Surgeon, might have to give it a proper go sometime!

18 hours ago, Coplex- said:

I recently revamped it, last time I didn't grow because I wasn't able to be consistent sadly with my financial position.

I'm hoping I can be now but sometimes life just hits you..over and over.

I haven't really played much of I Am Bread but I think it would be much harder than Surgeon, might have to give it a proper go sometime!

yeah it sucks how the deck is stacked against you going to yt.

im expecting it to be tougher as well, the controls are just a bit peculiar and you don't really get used to them.  bossa studios needs ot make another game soon.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
56 minutes ago, LordBilbanes said:

I noticed this game has an extremely rare number of platinum trophy achievers.  Is the game that hard? ;_;  Also, does this require that damnable PS VR headset to play it?

It doesn't require vr, there's actually a separate stack for a vr version that's far easier.

As for the difficulty, it's definitely not easy but not as hard as you might think either. The game is just damn wonky and can be pretty irritating when going for some of the trophies.

Edit: Thanks a lot to the op.

This guide was very helpful when I did the plat a few months ago.

Edited by Angus1343
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 8:30 PM, Angus1343 said:

It doesn't require vr, there's actually a separate stack for a vr version that's far easier.

As for the difficulty, it's definitely not easy but not as hard as you might think either. The game is just damn wonky and can be pretty irritating when going for some of the trophies.

Edit: Thanks a lot to the op.

This guide was very helpful when I did the plat a few months ago.

Happy it helped you out mate! 
I did find my guide made the game easier for people to achieve the platinum and even helped someone I know who was stuck for years and he smashed it out (Was only missing like 3 trophies!) 

Appreciate you guys taking the time to check it out!